logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#181 Posted : 04 October 2010 09:31:10(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Yeah, but keeping the system up to date is such a ballache compared to a console. Especially this current generation, only 5 years old and likely to not be replaced for another 5 years. You won't be able to play PC games bought in 2014 on your 2005 PC!

And buying a gaming PC can be pretty expensive, £400 minimum really I'd have imagined, and that's only if you build it for yourself. I do like the PC for certain games like strategy games, and would happily buy a gaming PC just to play strategy games if I didn't already have one. But consoles do do certain things better. Sports games for one.
Offline asdf  
#182 Posted : 04 October 2010 10:48:30(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I cant stand the xbox controller actually, feels huge and lumpy. lol
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#183 Posted : 04 October 2010 11:00:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
asdf wrote:

This.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#184 Posted : 04 October 2010 11:01:38(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
asdf wrote:

lol ik but it takes a bit of a while to get used to it. I don't like playstation controls that much either cuz idk there are just like all these buttons squeezed in together, or well, there's just not enuf separation between the buttons. At least on an xbox control, as lumpy as the buttons are, at least when u press on one button, u only press on that one button, whereas on the playstation u might hit like three other buttons in the process, but idk, maybe it's just me. maybe my fingers are just bigs or something lol. but honestly, as much as i hate to say it but, i love the ol' gamecube controls.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline asdf  
#185 Posted : 04 October 2010 11:11:15(UTC)
asdf

Man

Mt. Epic wrote:
asdf wrote:

lol ik but it takes a bit of a while to get used to it. I don't like playstation controls that much either cuz idk there are just like all these buttons squeezed in together, or well, there's just not enuf separation between the buttons. At least on an xbox control, as lumpy as the buttons are, at least when u press on one button, u only press on that one button, whereas on the playstation u might hit like three other buttons in the process, but idk, maybe it's just me. maybe my fingers are just bigs or something lol. but honestly, as much as i hate to say it but, i love the ol' gamecube controls.

I guess its what you prefer, I just happen to like the close buttons so I dont have to do any serious stretching to play video games. I can quickly hit button to button without moving my hand very much.

Offline forkboy  
#186 Posted : 04 October 2010 11:15:41(UTC)
forkboy

Dunno, the original Xbox controller was fucking horrendous, but the 360 control is pretty much the best I've ever held. But then I do have big hands. Where as the PS3 control basically feels like the same control I was using to play Gran Turismo 2 over a decade ago.
Offline asdf  
#187 Posted : 04 October 2010 11:17:37(UTC)
asdf

Man

forkboy wrote:
Dunno, the original Xbox controller was fucking horrendous, but the 360 control is pretty much the best I've ever held. But then I do have big hands. Where as the PS3 control basically feels like the same control I was using to play Gran Turismo 2 over a decade ago.

It is, but then again I'm the sort of person who likes it that way. It works well enough, and I know it up and down. I can play just about any game with no complications with the ps3 controller, simple, small, and hasn't changed much in 10 years. Bad things to some, good to others.

Offline Mt. Epic  
#188 Posted : 04 October 2010 11:46:41(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
asdf wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
asdf wrote:

I guess its what you prefer, I just happen to like the close buttons so I dont have to do any serious stretching to play video games. I can quickly hit button to button without moving my hand very much.

yeah, but sometimes i want to be able to click the x button and not the circle and square buttons lol
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline DistortedAudio  
#189 Posted : 04 October 2010 12:12:37(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
forkboy wrote:

And buying a gaming PC can be pretty expensive, £400 minimum really I'd have imagined, and that's only if you build it for yourself.

That, also I bought Left 4 Dead 2 finally and it was a great purchase, something that I should've done a time and a half ago. Besides getting hatemail while playing on Live, it's a really great game. I also rented Mafia II and that was the wrong decision. The game has around 16 missions that are spread out around driving and other useless things like handing out cigarettes to junkies and so on. The story is OK but nothing to hold up the lackluster gameplay.

Edited by user 04 October 2010 14:42:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
#190 Posted : 04 October 2010 12:18:15(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

After looking into it, I've decided that I am going to get the PS3. It has everything I want and everything I need. Plus I went to GameStop (A video game store). Checked out all the systems, got some reliable advice.

So I'll be purchasing PS3 sometime in November. Now I have to see what exact games I want. No one better steal my username if it's not already taken ;)

Offline asdf  
#191 Posted : 04 October 2010 12:51:54(UTC)
asdf

Man

Mt. Epic wrote:
asdf wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
asdf wrote:

yeah, but sometimes i want to be able to click the x button and not the circle and square buttons lol

I have'nt had that problem but whatever.

stephaniewazhere wrote:
After looking into it, I've decided that I am going to get the PS3. It has everything I want and everything I need. Plus I went to GameStop (A video game store). Checked out all the systems, got some reliable advice.

So I'll be purchasing PS3 sometime in November. Now I have to see what exact games I want. No one better steal my username if it's not already taken ;)

I'm glad you did, and if you want I can tell you some great games. Just tell me what you like, and what you dont.

Offline forkboy  
#192 Posted : 04 October 2010 14:06:14(UTC)
forkboy

Since you mentioned it. Yeah. God damn Mafia II is so short. It was a decent story but nob off with that crap when I'm spending thirty quid, I want more than 11 hours of gameplay. *sigh* This is why I play strategy games with almost infinite replayability.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#193 Posted : 04 October 2010 14:40:05(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

forkboy wrote:
Since you mentioned it. Yeah. God damn Mafia II is so short. It was a decent story but nob off with that crap when I'm spending thirty quid, I want more than 11 hours of gameplay. *sigh* This is why I play strategy games with almost infinite replayability.

It pissed me off even more that after the game was done, that was it. There were two options, rob cars and bring 'em to the crusher or rob stores. Other than that there were NO side missions. Usually I don't bother to do half of them but the fact that the option is there is usually something really cool. The gameplay itself wasn't anything to write home about, how the hell that got a nine in GI is beyond me.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Rincewind  
#194 Posted : 04 October 2010 20:37:31(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i like the xbox controllers.... much better than the Ps ones in my opinion... all about the gamecube controller ftw in my humble opinion though.

yeah... its a bit of a bastard that games released in fives years wont be playable on this laptop... but then... in five years time i will have bought a new laptop anyway.. I like Pc gaming... i like having a mapable keyboard and mouse system to control the game... i hate sports games, i love FPS suvival and strat games... so for me its Pc all the way!
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline TheCDs  
#195 Posted : 05 October 2010 01:51:58(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:

I don't think anyone at GameStop has ever given me any good advice. All they do is push the discount card and pre-orders.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline DistortedAudio  
#196 Posted : 05 October 2010 06:35:43(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

I don't think anyone at GameStop has ever given me any good advice. All they do is push the discount card and pre-orders.

The people at the GameStop I go to actually play more than one genre of game, so I can know what RPGS to buy.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#197 Posted : 05 October 2010 07:19:39(UTC)
forkboy

Civ 5 has well and truely sunk it's dastardly hooks into me now.
#198 Posted : 05 October 2010 07:23:06(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Not the Gamestop that I go to. They know better not to do that. I actually was talking to the tech geek, and they aren't allowed to favor a system over the other(Even though some of them still do that), but they can make a judgement basing it on what I wanted and what comes out cheaper. At the end we settled with PS3. So it was fair.

Then they discussed the pre-orders and the discount cards lol
Offline Rincewind  
#199 Posted : 05 October 2010 07:44:04(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
forkboy wrote:

never really gotten on with the Civ series....

EUIII has its hooks in me... just noticed ive played over 130 hours of it.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline TheCDs  
#200 Posted : 05 October 2010 07:48:32(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Rincewind wrote:
forkboy wrote:

never really gotten on with the Civ series....

EUIII has its hooks in me... just noticed ive played over 130 hours of it.

I always have the same thing happen in the Civ games. I really get into it when I first get it. Then I play a few hundred turns, get bored, and never finish the campaign I started.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals