logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#21 Posted : 07 February 2010 15:35:16(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
Paradox wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
Paradox wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
Paradox wrote:
I prefer Silent Hill's first games

Well I think Resident Evil is better..

Well I disagree

I'm talking about the series, everything in the game goes well with the whole story, unlike Silent Hill, tha is why Resident Evil was able to make 3 movies(with one more coming) and Silent Hill has made only 1, its more than just a game, it's already an iconic masterpiece..

Well I honestly I think the movies from both series are a flaming piece of crap, but the first games from Silent Hill were amazing and it was one of the first games were what you chose actually mattered.

You are right about the movies, and Silent Hill is a good game... But Resident Evil got me hooked because it's story was just amazing... I have played RE since I was 6 and have beaten every single game from the RE1,2,3,Code Veronica, both Outbreak File 1 and File 2., 4 and 5 and I realized the connection of the game.. That is the reason why i think RE is better...
I don't really think either have a memorable or particularly compelling storyline although.

If you have played all the main games straight(or read residentevil.wikia.org if you want the easy way) you would see the connection of all the games..
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#22 Posted : 07 February 2010 21:47:38(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
When it comes to Resident Evil vs. Silent Hill, I only had the first Silent Hill, but I thought it was better than any Resident Evil at that point. But then Resident Evil 4 came out.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#23 Posted : 08 February 2010 01:52:37(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Captain Insano wrote:
All I ever really play these days is Football Manager, Cricket Captain and the Total War series. Attention is currently focused on Rome Total War and one of the best mods for it, Somnium Apostatae Juliani, which is basically three different campaigns starting in 355 AD, 361 AD and 365 AD. Extremely challenging, particularly as the Romans with hordes of Franks, Alemanni, Jazyges, Quaddi, Goths and the evil Sassanids nashing and snarling at the borders ready to pillage and plunder. Absolutely love this game...dont really need anything else at the moment (gaming wise)

Honestly, I loved the first two Total War games, but I hate how they redid the campaign map from Rome onwards. Sucked the fun out for me, all the fucking battles end up being sieges and they irritate the tits off me. So I've abandoned the Total War games.

I prefer the games created by Paradox Interactive. Europa Universalis III is possibly my favourite ever strategy game, it's just a lovely depth to things. I plan on starting a new game later, where I'm not a horrid cheat like in my current Incan Empire game, I ended up cheating for lots of colonists, and changing the culture group of the Incans as well. It's been alot of fun though, we control about half of Africa, all of South & Central America, all of the Carribean and almost all of North America except for most of Canada which is either in native hands, uncolonised while the Portuguese control Quebec.

Such a wonderful game, can't recommend it highly enough for strategy fans
Offline Mt. Epic  
#24 Posted : 08 February 2010 03:46:05(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
HALO!!

Everybody at my school who has an Xbox is obsessed with this game, which is almost every guy in my grade. We make like our own personal gangs, and fight each other, and it's really fun and amusing mainly because you're playing a shooting game with other people live. The two Modern Warfare games and the Call of Duty series we play too, but personally I like Halo more because it has a fantasy theme in it, and I like something a bit more futuristic.

Also, I enjoy GTA, very good game. I kinda play it differently though. Most people drive around smashing stuff and shooting people while being chased by cops. I prefer to follow the speed limit, watching for on-going traffic, stop on red light, keep my vehicle intact, etc. But, don't get me wrong, I love to crash at high speeds in that game too. Once, I drove really fast on the freeway, and then crashed into a car, and my guy flew out the car, and crashed into a billboard, then fell back down, landed on the top of a car, bounce up and hit the road again, and then a car ran into him and I went some distance. lol

I also like Gears of War both 1 and 2, but it's a good game to play with people at your house. Live, I don't even remember if it has a live feature on it, and usually I check the first time I buy a game, so it probably doesn't have one, or maybe it sucked, idk.

Edited by moderator 08 February 2010 03:51:22(UTC)  | Reason: Removed all but one of the redundant exclamation marks

UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline forkboy  
#25 Posted : 08 February 2010 03:55:32(UTC)
forkboy

GoW 1 is on Live, I'd assume 2 is as well. And it's reasonably fun if you like that sort of thing. Which I don't really.
Offline Aj  
#26 Posted : 08 February 2010 03:58:31(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
GoW 1 is on Live, I'd assume 2 is as well. And it's reasonably fun if you like that sort of thing. Which I don't really.

Gears 2 has live, 1 is better though.

Personally, I prefer free-roaming games, rpgs and sports games rather than shoot em ups. GTA 4 is my favorite game of all time, and pretty much all I play. FIFA 10's good until you get the -£2billion debt glitch, at which point you want to kill yourself :(
Offline TheCDs  
#27 Posted : 08 February 2010 05:18:01(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I will play pretty much anything, although I am not much of a survival horror or modern JRPG person (give me old school SNES/Genesis era JRPGs though). Halo is fun to play multiplayer but the single player sections aren't special, except for ODST which I really loved single player in. Gears of War 1/2 were fun but nothing I felt like playing again, with the exception of playing Horde mode from Gears 2 with my friends. I also play a lot of sports games, although I don't spend much time actually playing. Usually I end up just playing the role of GM. I train players and then just handle drafts, free agency, player signings and re-signings, coach signings, and so on.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Rincewind  
#28 Posted : 08 February 2010 06:57:42(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:
All I ever really play these days is Football Manager, Cricket Captain and the Total War series. Attention is currently focused on Rome Total War and one of the best mods for it, Somnium Apostatae Juliani, which is basically three different campaigns starting in 355 AD, 361 AD and 365 AD. Extremely challenging, particularly as the Romans with hordes of Franks, Alemanni, Jazyges, Quaddi, Goths and the evil Sassanids nashing and snarling at the borders ready to pillage and plunder. Absolutely love this game...dont really need anything else at the moment (gaming wise)

Honestly, I loved the first two Total War games, but I hate how they redid the campaign map from Rome onwards. Sucked the fun out for me, all the fucking battles end up being sieges and they irritate the tits off me. So I've abandoned the Total War games.

I prefer the games created by Paradox Interactive. Europa Universalis III is possibly my favourite ever strategy game, it's just a lovely depth to things. I plan on starting a new game later, where I'm not a horrid cheat like in my current Incan Empire game, I ended up cheating for lots of colonists, and changing the culture group of the Incans as well. It's been alot of fun though, we control about half of Africa, all of South & Central America, all of the Carribean and almost all of North America except for most of Canada which is either in native hands, uncolonised while the Portuguese control Quebec.

had a sneeky look at that and it does look amazing... i reckon its going to be my next game purchase!
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline TheCDs  
#29 Posted : 08 February 2010 07:28:03(UTC)
TheCDs

Rincewind wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

had a sneeky look at that and it does look amazing... i reckon its going to be my next game purchase!

I was thinking about that or DEFCON, but since DEFCON is so cheap I think I am going with that one.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Rincewind  
#30 Posted : 08 February 2010 07:45:00(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

TheCDs wrote:
Rincewind wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

I was thinking about that or DEFCON, but since DEFCON is so cheap I think I am going with that one.

a really really good cheep game you might all like is sins of a solar empire... a nice space based strat game.. lots of fun and endless hours of game play.
and im just like:
Offline forkboy  
#31 Posted : 08 February 2010 09:14:27(UTC)
forkboy

Rincewind wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

I cannot overstate how many hours I have lost to this game!
Offline Rincewind  
#32 Posted : 08 February 2010 10:53:55(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

forkboy wrote:
Rincewind wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

I cannot overstate how many hours I have lost to this game!

give it a go?
and im just like:
Offline forkboy  
#33 Posted : 08 February 2010 11:59:42(UTC)
forkboy

Absolutely. I adore it. It's just fantastic. I'm fairly sure there's a demo out there for a test-run...
Offline Paradox  
#34 Posted : 08 February 2010 12:01:57(UTC)
Paradox

Man

forkboy wrote:
Absolutely. I adore it. It's just fantastic. I'm fairly sure there's a demo out there for a test-run...

I downloaded a demo and it's pretty cool, I looked at it and I'll probably be buying the in nomine expansion for the rebel thing
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline forkboy  
#35 Posted : 08 February 2010 12:48:58(UTC)
forkboy

I have all 3 expansions. Haha. Total fan boy.

Really like the Heir To The Throne add-on of dyansties, it's a nice touch acually knowing when you can get personal unions and inherit crowns.
Offline Regan  
#36 Posted : 08 February 2010 14:22:58(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Their's only like 3 games I'm looking forward to this year. New Splinter Cell(Always been a huge fan of the games), Halo: Reach, and UFC 2010. Other then that really don't care for many games now unless they catch my eye alot like Mass Effect 2 has. I want to buy it and I never got the chance to play Fallout 3 so I'm probally gonna be buying that soon.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Captain Insano  
#37 Posted : 08 February 2010 18:15:28(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

You do indeed raise a point though, the campaign map for Medieval 1 was excellent and it had the best atmosphere of all the games but after that there is no atmosphere at all. Rome is not so bad...it's appeal and lifespan has been greatly increased by the fan modifications but Medieval 2 was to me one big seige and just tedious as hell, it just sucked balls alround.

Europa Universalis is something I really really really must get around to buying.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline asdf  
#38 Posted : 08 February 2010 18:25:16(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I like free roaming games mostly but I also enjoy some racing games and football games. My favorite game fore mutiplayer is Lord of the Rigns Conquest, which is a horrible game but the funnest crap ever in multiplayer. I like war games such as call of duty and medal of honour too and the last Silent Hill was fun enough.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Rincewind  
#39 Posted : 08 February 2010 19:08:03(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Regan wrote:
Their's only like 3 games I'm looking forward to this year. New Splinter Cell(Always been a huge fan of the games), Halo: Reach, and UFC 2010. Other then that really don't care for many games now unless they catch my eye alot like Mass Effect 2 has. I want to buy it and I never got the chance to play Fallout 3 so I'm probally gonna be buying that soon.

fallout 3 is huge. get the GOTY version and you have enough game to last a year at least!
and im just like:
Offline TheCDs  
#40 Posted : 08 February 2010 19:36:57(UTC)
TheCDs

Rincewind wrote:
Regan wrote:

fallout 3 is huge. get the GOTY version and you have enough game to last a year at least!

Yes Fallout 3 is one of the best RPGs I have played this generation and that is saying a lot because there have been some great ones.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is