logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Captain Insano  
#61 Posted : 14 February 2010 13:05:36(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered
Views messages in topic : 1,529

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Though I will start by saying the video game laws dont bother me as I dont purchase those sort of games...or any games at all these days...it's an utter joke that there isn't the 18+ classification. At least the Federal Government has started steps to have it investigated. Dunno about MMO's been illegal.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Aj  
#62 Posted : 14 February 2010 22:27:48(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Right now, I'm playing Blitz The League 2. It's awesome. Graphics aren't good, and the whole thing is as fake and unrealistic as Jordan's titties but it's just such good fun you can kinda over look it. And rupturing someones ballsack is creepily entertaining.
Offline forkboy  
#63 Posted : 14 February 2010 22:38:11(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I prefer Madden 10 tbh
Offline asdf  
#64 Posted : 14 February 2010 22:53:38(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Right now, I'm playing Blitz The League 2. It's awesome. Graphics aren't good, and the whole thing is as fake and unrealistic as Jordan's titties but it's just such good fun you can kinda over look it. And rupturing someones ballsack is creepily entertaining.

The two Blitz the League games are the only football games I like. The rest are boring, and the controls are screwy.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline metalhead10  
#65 Posted : 15 February 2010 07:33:15(UTC)
metalhead10

Just finished Assassin's Creed 2 a week or so ago. I gotta say, those games have the best storyline compared to any other game I have ever played.
Offline Aj  
#66 Posted : 15 February 2010 08:20:57(UTC)
Aj

Man

forkboy wrote:
I prefer Madden 10 tbh

Yeah, probably is if your into American football like you are, but for me I like it cos of the British misconception it's about causing pain. It's probably a lot more technical, but in a video game if I can throw the ball to a wide receiver and hit someone over the head with their own helmet, I'm happy to keep that as my only intake of American football.
Offline forkboy  
#67 Posted : 15 February 2010 08:34:42(UTC)
forkboy

Golly gosh, very nearly ended Mass Effect 2 for a second time. And this time I've pretty much explored everything I can explore, got 2 systems to visit before going for me Reaper IFF
Offline TheCDs  
#68 Posted : 16 February 2010 12:01:38(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I finally got around to playing Braid and I was impressed. I don't know if it is as fantastic as it was labeled by professional gaming critics but it is a great game. There is something so simple and yet complex about it. The story is full of hidden meanings and had one of my favorite twist endings I have seen in a game (watch the final level backwards to see what I mean). It was a little short for a $15 game, but still worth every penny (or MS point in my case).
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Gildermershina  
#69 Posted : 16 February 2010 12:21:55(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
I finally got around to playing Braid and I was impressed. I don't know if it is as fantastic as it was labeled by professional gaming critics but it is a great game. There is something so simple and yet complex about it. The story is full of hidden meanings and had one of my favorite twist endings I have seen in a game (watch the final level backwards to see what I mean). It was a little short for a $15 game, but still worth every penny (or MS point in my case).

I loved Braid. I spent the whole game going "this game is fun, but this story stuff makes no sense," and then at the end "Holy fuck. That is awesome."
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#70 Posted : 16 February 2010 12:24:28(UTC)
TheCDs

Gildermershina wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

I loved Braid. I spent the whole game going "this game is fun, but this story stuff makes no sense," and then at the end "Holy fuck. That is awesome."

When I actually watched the level in reverse it was one of the best moments I have had in a game.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Regan  
#71 Posted : 16 February 2010 14:33:24(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Got Mass Effect 2. Haven't been able to quite get into playing it until tonight. I thought it was pretty good. My guy looks like Vin Diseal though. That isn't a bad thing though. I think I can start getting into it the more I play it.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline TheCDs  
#72 Posted : 17 February 2010 13:25:44(UTC)
TheCDs

Regan wrote:
Got Mass Effect 2. Haven't been able to quite get into playing it until tonight. I thought it was pretty good. My guy looks like Vin Diseal though. That isn't a bad thing though. I think I can start getting into it the more I play it.

That was the way both Mass Effect games were for me. I got more and more into them as they went on. It isn't that they started too slow or it was boring. I just needed to have some time to really let the world sink in and get to the point where I felt invested in it. Then I was playing in all of my free time until I finished.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline ALX  
#73 Posted : 17 February 2010 14:36:18(UTC)
ALX

Man

metalhead10 wrote:
Just finished Assassin's Creed 2 a week or so ago. I gotta say, those games have the best storyline compared to any other game I have ever played.

Yeah, I loved the AC2 storyline, plus the ending was amazing! I can't wait for AC3
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline TheCDs  
#74 Posted : 17 February 2010 16:30:15(UTC)
TheCDs

ALX wrote:
metalhead10 wrote:

Yeah, I loved the AC2 storyline, plus the ending was amazing! I can't wait for AC3

I really didn't like the storylines to those games. I felt like they were jumbled around and too hard to follow. I get it that part of the game is the idea that the story shouldn't be completely linear and comprehensible at first but that was at ridiculous levels. I found the gameplay to be fun, although a bit repetitive if I played for more than an hour at a time.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Aj  
#75 Posted : 19 February 2010 01:45:31(UTC)
Aj

Man

Right now I'm playing Endwar, it's like my 10th play through and I still love it. I think it's brilliant, such a simple hud and so easy to use. The voice command is fucking awesome, and the whole game is pretty solid. What I really with they could do is have a strategy game this style, but then have the ability to zoom in and actually play as one of the infantry or as one of the tanks or the helicopters. That would be amazing, so like Endwar/Cod.

(L)
Offline Regan  
#76 Posted : 20 February 2010 12:29:59(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
ALX wrote:
metalhead10 wrote:

That game was indeed awesome! I loved it from beginning to end. Same with the first and I can't wait for the third one either.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline TheCDs  
#77 Posted : 27 February 2010 11:37:06(UTC)
TheCDs

So if you haven't heard EA has started what it is calling "Project Ten Dollar." Basically every game they release from now on will come with some bonus DLC for people who buy the game new, people who buy it used will have to pay $10 to unlock that content. EA is using this to combat used game sales. I am cool with it, the content in Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age was pretty cool, but how does anyone else feel?

Edited by user 27 February 2010 15:33:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline forkboy  
#78 Posted : 27 February 2010 13:35:49(UTC)
forkboy

Makes perfect sense to me. Should help cut down on pre-owned games, or at least make them slightly cheaper. Sorry but if the price difference between a new and a 2nd hand game is £5 I'll probably get the new one. At least that way a bit of your money is going to the people who made the damn thing.
Offline TheCDs  
#79 Posted : 27 February 2010 15:37:18(UTC)
TheCDs

forkboy wrote:
Makes perfect sense to me. Should help cut down on pre-owned games, or at least make them slightly cheaper. Sorry but if the price difference between a new and a 2nd hand game is £5 I'll probably get the new one. At least that way a bit of your money is going to the people who made the damn thing.

Yea a lot of people I have talked to are pretty pissed about it. I hear a bunch of people whining that it violates first sale doctrine because the bonus content can't be sold or that EA is intentionally releasing games that aren't complete if you buy them used. I just don't see how either of those make sense. The content is not being sold with the game, it is a bonus on top of the game, and you can't sell any other DLC anyway. Also, as of right now the content is all optional. It isn't like they are making a game where the last act is only available if you buy new.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Gildermershina  
#80 Posted : 27 February 2010 21:53:02(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Yea a lot of people I have talked to are pretty pissed about it. I hear a bunch of people whining that it violates first sale doctrine because the bonus content can't be sold or that EA is intentionally releasing games that aren't complete if you buy them used. I just don't see how either of those make sense. The content is not being sold with the game, it is a bonus on top of the game, and you can't sell any other DLC anyway. Also, as of right now the content is all optional. It isn't like they are making a game where the last act is only available if you buy new.

People have this thing about needing to own every last piece of content, hence people buying multiple copies of games to get all the preorder stuff, then complaining because they can't take helmets off armour and stuff (ME2 - fair complaint really), and because they "had" to buy all these multiple versions. I got the Digital Deluxe of ME2, I was happy with my bonuses, I wore the Collector armour throughout the first playthrough, but am I pissed I missed out on some other set of armour, some other pre-order weapon? No, not at all.

I guess this whole DLC thing still hasn't matured so people don't have that mindset that it's additional content on top of, and not vital to, their enjoyment of the game. I still remember Oblivion's horse armour DLC which was some ridiculous price for something entirely superfluous. So we've gotten past that part at least.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage