logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#41 Posted : 02 December 2010 04:28:13(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
You dont have to do it fif you dont want to, was just saying if you wanted something to do why not give it a go
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline C4AJoh  
#42 Posted : 02 December 2010 04:30:42(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8573 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
Matticus wrote:
You dont have to do it fif you dont want to, was just saying if you wanted something to do why not give it a go

Jake: I just don't think I'm very well qualified to judge rap music, it's not my strongest point. Also I'd ideally prefer to review a single because it takes up less time and I've got a couple of things going on at the moment. So to clarify, does anyone have a single they'd like me to review.
Offline FiveT  
#43 Posted : 03 December 2010 06:16:54(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:
Matticus wrote:

Jake: I just don't think I'm very well qualified to judge rap music, it's not my strongest point. Also I'd ideally prefer to review a single because it takes up less time and I've got a couple of things going on at the moment. So to clarify, does anyone have a single they'd like me to review.

Ugenia: Would you review my single "Make Me Dance" then?

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline C4AJoh  
#44 Posted : 03 December 2010 06:19:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8573 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
FiveT wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
Matticus wrote:

Jake: If you have a link with details of it then sure.
Offline FiveT  
#45 Posted : 03 December 2010 06:24:49(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:
FiveT wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
Matticus wrote:

Jake: If you have a link with details of it then sure.

Ugenia: You can find some of them here in the website www.Ugenia-Official.com (OOC: The descriptions are at the posts #49 &#73. At #74 there are some pictures of the video)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline Malory Evans  
#46 Posted : 03 December 2010 09:10:44(UTC)
Malory Evans

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
UserPostedImage

In an industry that is filled with females (majority being pop or a branch of rock ) pouring out of the billboard charts, it is hard to stay afloat. We have leading and long time acts in Miss Vanity, the resting in peace Stephanie Fierce, and Tisha Jackson as to the younger acts who are dominating the scene at this point, in Brittany Knox and Stacey Walton, just to name two. A few months ago we saw a new act on the scene and her name is Ugenia. It took me some time to really understand who she was. Was she just one more pop female looking to step in the same footsteps of the ones we saw before her, or is she a special one out of the batch. Back then, I couldnt get onto that but now, Im reviewing her new single “Make Me Dance”.

Looking at the cover, I automatically thought I was going to get a knock off of the ‘strippery’ Britney Spears 2008 train wreck single “Gimme More” but you should never, ever judge a book by its cover. I buy the single and simply began to play it over my stereo. The single is about how much fun you should have to forget all the problems you are facing.

I rather get to the bad first and then to the good.

It is clear to me by the way Ugenia is singing that she is trying hard, she doesn’t want to be called untalented and boring. But here is the best of advice to her; she should indeed call different producers or formulate her own sound. Get in that booth and give me something different. This song is so similar to what we see today it is indeed not funny. The song is catchy and I found myself bopping my head to it consistently but it sounded just like an attempt to deliver a Brittany Knox song we heard when she released her first album, or Miss Vanity much more toned down and more generically driven.

Do not get me wrong, it is a ‘good’ song. But it is not good enough when there are so many female pop acts in the industry and you are trying to fight it to make it yourself because everyone listening will just look past you because your sounding like the next girl who is doing it too.

Ugenia’s career is young and the song is not bad at all, but all in all, her song wasn’t anything special from what I hear almost every time I turn on the radio. With a voice like hers and a different arrangement of the song and instruments, she'd be untouchable.

Score:
6.5/10

The Good
- A catchy pop tune that almost works everytime on the radio and quite frankly made me wanna dance
- A very "mind remembering" chorus
- Vocals on the track make me remember the name Ugenia

The Bad
- Very Generic
- Sounds like a knockoff of Miss Vanity, Brittany Knox and Tisha Jackson
- Not special about the pop track

Review By: Sean Hope

UserPostedImage

Offline DistortedAudio  
#47 Posted : 03 December 2010 12:37:04(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Brittany Knox - Halfway There[Extended Play]
by Daniel Antherstein

Stephanie Fierce and Miss Vanity currently stand at the top of the Pop Music Genre. They are shifting with the times and trying to turn from Eye-Candy into Artists that we can relate to. Real people. The problem with that is, after two or more successful albums running off that gimmick, can we see that shift? Brittany Knox is a pop star who gained infamy for her skin-filled debut "Mannequin". With the lip-gloss and nail polish flood, people called her out on the artificial tones of her songs while she still had the potential to be a good artist. That represented a turning point for the girl and now she's back, as a respectable artist who wants nothing more than to make good music, not mall tours but actual tours.

"Halfway There" is that turn from Eye Candy to Artist and it's already got fans raving. When I got my hands on the Extended Play I wanted to see if this change was actual or just a farce in sheep's clothing.

It all begins with lead off single, "Truce" which acts as a reach out to her naysayers to give the new Knox a chance. A truce for a mutual appreciation of music and the like. Knox's already shining vocals mixed with better lyrics about more appealing subject matter made this song an apt introduction to the album. While it might not be a radio hit, I think she might've put her foot into the alternative door. The E.P. then moves to the title track, "Halfway There". The lyrics in this song aren't the best and the guitar work is just barely passable. It ended up lowering my bar for the E.P.

"Underwater" is the third track and it's a bad song period. Knox is good when singing about serious subject manner, don't get me wrong but this turned into a rant-like drone which I didn't really enjoy. She needs to get some known musicians to help out with her instrumentals more. The generic sounds of the touring members aren't helping much. "My Own Enemy" maintains the downbeat feels of the third song and that again hurts it. The instrumentals in this song are a bit better so it isn't a complete loss.

Fifth on the E.P. is "Me Against The World" and I'm noticing that the album is going to be like this so I might as well make the most of it. The thing about "Me Against The World" is that I kinda liked it. Brittany's quick fire singing was almost rapping but not there yet and the balance in between was a nice change of pace. I like that kind of diversity in my music. "Nobody's Girl" is a song that suffers from bad guitars again as Brit's singing was on point.

"Speak" is the seventh song of the E.P. and it's a fun upbeat dance song similar to Natasha Bedingfeld's "These Words". I liked it because it contained a message but still had a fun little beat, it had a good unity of Style, Playfulness and Serious Undertones. The E.P. rolls to its end with the final song, "Confessions(from the Bad Girl)". It's a good song because it lets Brittany give out feelings not about a certain group of people or anything but herself. The vocals are yet again stunning and that helps the track since it's not weighed down by sloppy instrumentals.

Tracks to Spin -
Speak - Upbeat Dance Song mixed with Serious Undertones.
Truce - Like singing along with a page from Brit's diary.
Me Against The World - Not Alt. Pop, not New-Wave more like Spoken Word or Poetry and I dug it.
Confessions(from the Bad Girl) - Continuation of Truce and gives me more of what I want.

All in all Brit's not a mannequin anymore but she isn't quite at a large enough level yet. She needs a full-on backing band that knows what their doing. It's a good E.P. but the downbeat slow tunes felt out of place, it's like when a person says sorry too much. It loses its effect. Now that we know that you're moving on Brittany, we can see your real musical prowess. Hopefully this just acted as a basic prologue to her inevitable second album.

7/10
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Famouss7x7  
#48 Posted : 05 December 2010 15:29:46(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Can someone review Chloe's new single "Cupid's Twin"?

http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=5962
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline DistortedAudio  
#49 Posted : 10 December 2010 12:49:46(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

UserPostedImage
Stephanie Fierce - Suffer
by Daniel Antherstein

The late Stephanie Fierce has released the initial single to her final album "Newborn". That single is titled "Suffer" and it's actually pretty good. I was scared the Rolling Stone was hyping it up(as they usually do most albums) without knowing what they were talking about but what I ended up walking into was a symphonic powerhouse of a song. I think that "Suffer" and "Red Symphony" are the beginnings of a new wave of Symphonic Pop. Anyhow, this is a song powered by instruments just as much as singing. That's good as the lyrics to the song are a little towards the bad side so the good instrumental helps cover that part of the song. The instruments are really the saving grace as the flute and taiko drum command your ears. If Stephanie can hear me from what ever Heaven she currently is, good job. Have fun on Cloud Nine Stephanie, I have no doubt that your bang will be a big one.

9/10
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#50 Posted : 10 December 2010 13:43:44(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Comment Section:

"Actually Rolling Stone happens to be a much more respected source than you think. Yeah they might under look and even overlook certain things, but of course at the end of the day it is all subjective. I actually wasn’t that impressed with the "Suffer' single, but in respect to Stephanie Fierce I didn't make a review for it. But what I will say is that “Suffer” and “Red Symphony” are two completely different sounds and I wouldn't dare compare the songs. Unlike "Suffer” Red Symphony has a more mainstream appeal (Which I expected more out of Stephanie Fierce) Not that is bad thing or anything. But there is nothing new wave about "Suffer". "Suffer" is just that simple record with fancy instruments to help carry the song. There's nothing catchy involved, in terms of lyrics or hooks. It's just an emotional track. However, lyrics for Suffer have more substance and thats' what saves the song. But overall i wasn't impressed with it, since I expected something more catchy from the Queen of Pop/Pop Sinner (Whatever...) Stephanie Fierce."-Anonymous
Offline DistortedAudio  
#51 Posted : 10 December 2010 13:56:22(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Comment Section:

"Actually Rolling Stone happens to be a much more respected source than you think. Yeah they might under look and even overlook certain things, but of course at the end of the day it is all subjective. I actually wasn’t that impressed with the "Suffer' single, but in respect to Stephanie Fierce I didn't make a review for it. But what I will say is that “Suffer” and “Red Symphony” are two completely different sounds and I wouldn't dare compare the songs. Unlike "Suffer” Red Symphony has a more mainstream appeal (Which I expected more out of Stephanie Fierce) Not that is bad thing or anything. But there is nothing new wave about "Suffer". "Suffer" is just that simple record with fancy instruments to help carry the song. There's nothing catchy involved, in terms of lyrics or hooks. It's just an emotional track. However, lyrics for Suffer have more substance and thats' what saves the song. But overall i wasn't impressed with it, since I expected something more catchy from the Queen of Pop/Pop Sinner (Whatever...) Stephanie Fierce."-Anonymous

"I may be being a bit boisterous in my claims but even though Rolling Stone is a very respected source almost every mainstream musician in that glossy mag gets 4 star reviews. Now as for the sounds of "Red Symphony" and "Suffer", they are two very different tracks but I couldn't help be reminded of it during my time with "Suffer". Maybe I'm more of an underground boogie type 'o guy but I like to see musicians diverge from that catchy safe area. I was surprised because she produced something I liked, something that wasn't catchy but something that was more meaningful in the end.
- Daniel Antherstein in response to an Anonymous Commenter
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#52 Posted : 10 December 2010 14:23:26(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Oh lordy..... Well that's not entirely true and you should know that as a critic that every review no matter what its reader's target, is subjective in some way. I'm pretty sure you know that. I just found it very unprofessional for you to cite Rolling Stone and go all anti on them. But whatever, that's not that big of deal. I don't know how in heaven sakes "Red Symphony" reminds you of "Crucifixion on an Innocent (Suffer)". Maybe is the impression factor, I'll take that as a possibility. But musically in every way the songs are unalike.

The reason why I said I expected something more catchy from Stephanie Fierce is subjective (Since I think Stephanie Fierce has the ability to make a song catchy yet have substance), but I won't go into any further into that. This is your review after all. I just wanted to point out that I wasn't as impressed with the song, you citing Rolling stone and that "Crucifixion on An Innocent (Suffer) And Red Symphony are nothing alike. -
Anonymous

Edited by user 10 December 2010 14:24:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Laurelles1  
#53 Posted : 15 December 2010 02:21:48(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: You know what? I think I'll give this reviewing lark a go. Anyone got anything?
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#54 Posted : 15 December 2010 02:29:29(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Can you give my Prog Rock demo, a review?

http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=6042
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline DistortedAudio  
#55 Posted : 15 December 2010 02:43:37(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Ain't A Contest - Shantel Stiletto
by Daniel Antherstein

I don't usually review singles but here's a go at one of the latest rappers who seem to be taken the music world by storm. With Stephanie Fierce's death not only pop musicians but female musicians, hell musicians in general are all vying for that top spot. In this new land of virtual war some artists pop out with pretty good songs and surprise, Ain't A Contest is one of 'em. The thing about Ain't A Contest is that it uses fun sound effects to back up the boisterous lyrics. I think the best way to close out this quick review is with a little ol' saying, "Fast and crazy won't win the race but it'll sure make it fun."

7.5/10
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Laurelles1  
#56 Posted : 15 December 2010 02:54:12(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

DistortedAudio wrote:
Can you give my Prog Rock demo, a review?

http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=6042

I will certainly give it a good shot.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#57 Posted : 15 December 2010 03:33:11(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

The Ever Evolving Lands of Oz - Gears of Bremen

In a musical world with little time for prog rock, Gears of Bremen are trying to make their first steps in the waters of the mainstream. Their first demo, entitled The Ever Evolving Lands of Oz is an unusual concept album based on the destruction of the fictional Land of Oz, home to munchkins and wizards. Whilst the storyline may be made clear, it is an unusual first glance into the world that the Gears of Bremen want to create. The childlike innocence of The Wizard of Oz has been completely wiped out.

Luckily, the music makes up for my childhood being wrecked. The songs are much, much shorter than your conventional prog rock wankfest, since both clock in at well under 3 minutes each. Whilst some may feel a little disappointed with the fact that the demo only lasts 5 minutes, those of us with shorter attention spans may be happy that we don’t have to just switch back and forth between certain tracks. Plus, it’s free. Everyone likes free things. We must remember that this is the first of many as well, I’m sure that they’ll start putting more tracks in soon enough to fill the void that some may find at the end.

Now we can get onto the music. Musically, this is mighty fine. The riff work on Heresy and the rhythmic patterns on God Loves These Lands are absolutely stunning and sure to go down well with fans of dramatic progressive music. Even the weird concept and lack of songs are made up by the fact that the music here is some of the best stuff to come out of the progressive scene for a while. They have certain traits of the old Seattle scene mixed with the new progressive that we’ve come to expect and this makes for a truly unique and brilliant demo. Whilst the first track sets you up in this new, strange planet that the band have fabricated out of an innocent story, Heresy blows this all down in a triumphant knock and a some great riffage.

However, this is not perfect. It does have its flaws. Although the lyrics to it are good, they can sometimes appear a bit weird to outsiders, with the mentions of munchkins and winkies and things. Whilst this can be forgiven, you would definitely expect more tracks of this calibre on the EP as a whole. The thing is under 5 minutes in total; it’s more of a single than an EP. I’m sure that the band will come up with some more music soon, and they’d better as well.

Both tracks are great and this just leaves me salivating for more. Can’t wait to see what this band has to offer in the future, they could really make the big time.

Lee Martins

8.0/10. A brilliant start for this young band, there is certainly something afoot.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#58 Posted : 15 December 2010 12:20:59(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

OOC:
Awesome review, thanks.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline DistortedAudio  
#59 Posted : 17 December 2010 07:57:04(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

UserPostedImage
KATIE COYLE - IT'S ONLY MY EYES
by Daniel Antherstein

Sometimes people enter a semi-star status preemptively, people like Katie Coyle. Shortly after a video of her initial appearance surfaced on Youtube, renowned musicians like Stacey Walton, MattY and Jason Smith of Mind professed their liking of the girl. Now here's her first actual release.

With strings taken straight from a Radiohead track Katie barrels onto the scene with the strangely titled "It's Only My Eyes". A song that I've got to admit, had me nodding at times. With lyrics akin to Yorke's own, I think this girl could function as a one-man Radiohead. Now as for her individual skills, you can tell she's been playing guitar for at least 5-7 years seeing how all the chords and strums just seem natural. So overall this is a good first single, it was a pleasant surprise.

8.5/10
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline ang3licd3vil  
#60 Posted : 05 January 2011 09:35:27(UTC)
ang3licd3vil

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 483 post(s)
hi could you review Cherise forthcoming single 'redlight' please coer n lyrics a bit down page 4

Cherise forthcoming single Redlight
My Acts

Tragic R'N'B Diva R.I.P

Original Best Baddest Bitch Around