logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#1 Posted : 16 June 2011 20:43:30(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Passionate

Passionate is Alt-Rock band Fathers of Fury’s second album. The album contains the first feature in Fathers of Fury’s back catalogue; with rock-chick Stacey Walton supplying vocals on the first single. This album has many of the same selling points as their debut effort; including Jack’s stunning vocals and Ollie’s incredible guitar riffs. But this album shows a new side to the band with songs like Watered Down; which show a heavier side to their music. On the other hand, the two opening songs The American Dream and Rolling On also show a far more acoustic side to the boys. This album also contains vocals from Ollie King and Isaac Thompson, giving the album another selling point to make it different from the first. The album again has a live version of each of the singles at the end as well.

Name:
Passionate

Artist:
Fathers of Fury

Recorded:
February - May 2011

Release Date:
June 25th 2011 - Distributed through Junction Records

Personnel:
Jack Straw - Lead Vocals, Bass Guitar, Lyrics [Input on all except [Drifting with the Breeze]
Isaac Thompson - Rhythm Guitar, Vocals, Lyrics [Input on Matilda and Days of Old], Production
Ollie King - Lead Guitar, Vocals, Lyrics [Input on Watered Down, Matilda and Drifting With The Breeze]
Freddie Johnson - Drums, Lyrics [Input on Matilda and Home or Away]
Stacey Walton - Vocals [Powerhouse]
Jenny Hudson - Piano [Days of Old], Lyrics [Days of Old]

Tracklisting:
1. The American Dream
2. Rolling On
3. Watered Down
4. Matilda
5. Home or Away
6. Love Drunk
7. Kingdom
8. Powerhouse (ft.Stacey Walton)
9. Days of Old
10. Drifting With The Breeze
11. Powerhouse (ft. Stacey Walton) [Live at Wembley Stadium]
12. Love Drunk [Live at Old Trafford]
13. Kingdom/Powerhouse [Live at Old Trafford]

Singles:
Powerhouse (ft. Stacey Walton)
Love Drunk

Edited by user 24 June 2011 01:02:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 16 June 2011 20:48:03(UTC)
Matticus

Man

OOC: I should probably mention, there are no lyrics for these songs as i had written the album well before i started writing lyrics for my artists.

Track 1 - The American Dream

This track is an acoustic track, which opens the album nicely. The track is about how America is a land of opportunity, and how dreams can really come true. The song also features references to Jack Straw’s relationship with Jenny Hudson – suggesting she is his ‘American Dream’. The track starts with all three of the guitars plucking at the same time on the same notes. Freddie Johnson has a slow and steady beat going on his drums. Jack’s vocals on this track are soft and controlled, but when the chorus arrives, he really steps it up a gear; the track gets a lot louder and more out of control. Jack sings the lyrics, “My American Dream! You are my American Dream!” and then the songs calms back down to its original state. This is how the song goes on, and the song finishes with Jack, Ollie and Isaac all harmonising together at the end saying, “American Dream”. The song was written by Jack Straw.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline Matticus  
#3 Posted : 16 June 2011 20:50:15(UTC)
Matticus

Man

OOC: I meant to start yesterday, so here is the last one i am posting today

Track 2 - Rolling On

This track is a light track, which is just breaking into the use of electric guitars. It carries on nicely from The American Dream. It is about how you have just got to continue with life even when it is being tough. Life goes on, and you have just got to ‘roll on’. The track starts with a light riff from Ollie King, with an underlying beat from Freddie Johnson joining in part way through. Isaac Thompson and Jack Straw join in towards the end of Ollie’s riff which leads into the first verse quite nicely. Jack’s powerful vocals blend with the music and lead you towards the chorus, where both Isaac and Ollie do a bit of back up singing. The drum beat under the chorus is very loud and quick, and Ollie also plays a very quick riff again. The remaining three verses are much the same as the first one, with the final verse actually being lyrically the same as the first one. Between the third chorus and the fourth verse, the music stops, and the beginning of the song is played again. The final chorus finishes and then Ollie’s riff ends the song, followed quickly by Freddie with three swift symbols. The song was written by Jack Straw
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 16 June 2011 21:14:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Justin Mullen: I've been awaiting this album for a long time now, glad it's almost here. It was great to tour with you guys, you really helped us develop our live performances, so for that I thank you.

Amy: This is how you do it people, I'm ready to worship this band for the next 6 months :)

OOC: Good job, always loved Fathers of Fury. :)
Offline genocidal king  
#5 Posted : 16 June 2011 21:51:38(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: nice stuff! Still can't believe I never knew you were FoF lol.
Good descriptions though
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 16 June 2011 22:20:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: nice stuff! Still can't believe I never knew you were FoF lol.
Good descriptions though

OOC: lol really? I always just PM'd his Matticus account whenever I needed to ask anything about FoF lol.
Offline Matticus  
#7 Posted : 17 June 2011 02:10:07(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Thank you both Justin and Amy, I am really happy that you guys are liking the looks of this album. I am quite happy with it personally, I think we ventured into several different areas with this album and i think that it has come off alright.

- Jack

OOC: Yeah, thanks GK :) yeah, i think i did a good job of covering it up until i cocked up and faceclaimed someone on one acount with the other... hahah - I dont know if i'm going to continue with these guys after this album... We'll see wat happens... if something hits me and makes me decide i need to do another album, i will... if not they will probably fade into obscurity unless anyone else fancies taking them on...
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline infinite135  
#8 Posted : 17 June 2011 02:48:45(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Yes! Been waiting to hear some new Fathers of Fury tracks for a while. You guys always seemed like one of the most promising new bands around, and your second album looks like it'll unleash all that potential. So, naturally, 'Passionate' is pretty epic so far.

-Eric Quillington

OOC: Don't let this band fade into obscurity; they fucking rule!
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Matticus  
#9 Posted : 17 June 2011 02:56:51(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: infinite135 Go to Quoted Post
Yes! Been waiting to hear some new Fathers of Fury tracks for a while. You guys always seemed like one of the most promising new bands around, and your second album looks like it'll unleash all that potential. So, naturally, 'Passionate' is pretty epic so far.

-Eric Quillington

OOC: Don't let this band fade into obscurity; they fucking rule!

Thank you Eric, it's appreciated.

- Jack

OOC: I'll try not to let them go, maybe send them on a world tour so I can think of something while they are gone xD

Edited by user 25 June 2011 23:53:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline Matticus  
#10 Posted : 18 June 2011 01:54:27(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Track 3 - Watered Down

Watered Down is the quite contrasting from the tracks prior to it on the album, as it is a much heavier song. The song starts all at once, with lots of noise – Freddie Johnson is smashing away at his drum kit, while the other three are all playing their guitars. About 20 seconds into the song, Jack Straw hits a huge note and holds it for a long time. As Jack starts getting towards the end of the note, Ollie King starts singing. He doesn’t have a very long part in the song, and under his vocals, Jack harmonises with him several times before just taking over for the rest of the song. The song goes crazy at the chorus, with Jack almost shouting the chorus. After the first chorus, the song calms down, but it does then reach the same climax at the remaining chorus’. The song ends with Ollie saying “And this was watered down”, which is the only time in the song where the title is actually mentioned. The song was written by Jack Straw and Ollie King.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#11 Posted : 18 June 2011 01:59:44(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Cassie: I love you guys! Everything you do is just so awesome.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline Matticus  
#12 Posted : 18 June 2011 02:01:20(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Cassie: I love you guys! Everything you do is just so awesome.

"Thank you very much Cassie; we really appreciate it. We just hope that everyone will go down and buy the album on the 25th when it comes out!"

- Ollie
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

#13 Posted : 18 June 2011 02:04:53(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Matticus Go to Quoted Post
"Thank you very much Cassie; we really appreciate it. We just hope that everyone will go down and buy the album on the 25th when it comes out!"

- Ollie

Cassie: No problem. I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure lots of people will go buy the album. If they don't then there just plain crazy.

Offline Matticus  
#14 Posted : 18 June 2011 02:07:50(UTC)
Matticus

Man

- Ollie

Cassie: No problem. I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure lots of people will go buy the album. If they don't then there just plain crazy.

"Haha, yeah i know right1 ;)"

- Ollie
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline Matticus  
#15 Posted : 19 June 2011 02:00:50(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Track 4 - Matilda

Matilda is a song about a girl who keeps breaking hearts. Each of the boys had an input in writing the song, as they have all been involved in some sort of break up at some point. The song starts softly, with almost pleading vocals from Jack, “Please Matilda, Matilda please.” A short and blunt answer is stated after this, “Just go away”. The song then kick-starts, with all four of the boys starting playing their instruments; it goes straight into the chorus. The lyrics to the chorus talk about Matilda and how she is being ‘a bitch’ etc. The song takes a turn towards a quieter, mourning over a broken relationship turn, for the verse, but then the chorus’ are the same again. The song climaxes after the second chorus, where Jack sings the name Matilda, and he then holds it. The song goes quiet. Then Freddie Johnson starts a quick drum beat which then builds up to the song going back into the chorus. The last chorus is repeated and the song finishes on a final strum.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

#16 Posted : 19 June 2011 02:03:37(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Cassie: Just the name of the song alone has me liking it. I like that name, Matilda. It always makes me think about the movie. Any ways great song, you hardly hear songs about girls breaking someones heart these days.

Offline Matticus  
#17 Posted : 19 June 2011 02:13:43(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Cassie: Just the name of the song alone has me liking it. I like that name, Matilda. It always makes me think about the movie. Any ways great song, you hardly hear songs about girls breaking someones heart these days.

'Thank you again, it means a lot that you like it'

- Jack
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

#18 Posted : 19 June 2011 02:20:03(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

- Jack

Cassie: No problem, you know I'm always here to support you guys. *smiles*

Offline Matticus  
#19 Posted : 19 June 2011 02:26:43(UTC)
Matticus

Man

- Jack

Cassie: No problem, you know I'm always here to support you guys. *smiles*

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline FiveT  
#20 Posted : 19 June 2011 02:40:32(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Michelle (Venus Girls): I'm loving the song Matilda... no, wait, I'm loving all of these tracks already! I'm gonna buy my copy of this when it's out.

OOC: Nice descriptions! :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ