logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#61 Posted : 18 November 2011 10:21:31(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
She nods at his answer, "He's a wonderful musician, all things aside, I can't deny that", also nodding her head in agreement and smiling at the mention of a singing duet together. "I really love the lyrics to Anastacia's self-titled album, it was made during the time she had breast cancer and the emotion and feeling you get from a lot of the tracks on that album is really moving, and still she managed to bring this empowering message through a lot of her songs, no matter what she was going through. I've always found that to be something really inspiring, I'm a sucker for strong women and that was most definitely her peak. So if I could ever write an album that makes people feel strong and inspired like that record did to me, that'd be a great feeling."

"I have one more, you're right! I'll leave it pretty wide open, on your to-do list, what else is there Eric Quillington still needs to do in let's say... the next ten years?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline infinite135  
#62 Posted : 18 November 2011 10:37:40(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Once again, Eric's smile turns slightly grim. But, it's only for a fraction of a second, and quickly passes; "Oh, who knows? As I'm getting a divorce with Infinite, I can't imagine my musical career will involve bands. I've been thinking about a solo career, along with an occasional 'Project; Prometheus' album. Of course, Jason and I still haven't finished the first, haha. And, who knows? Maybe I'll get married. Dunno who to, of course, but I do have a preference for sexy axe-wielders, so we'll see what happens. Honestly, the future is open to anything, I have no idea what might happen. I would like for the next ten years to be a bit quieter than my first, though. You can only take this insanity for so long, haha.

Anyways, to the audience; both Glamazon and I will be right back, as we shall both be performing a song or two for you lovely folks. So, stick around, because my spoken mumblings will soon be replaced by the singing of embarrassing lyrics."
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#63 Posted : 18 November 2011 10:51:15(UTC)
infinite135

Man

UserPostedImage

Kiss with a Fist (Florence + The Machine Cover)/ How to Disturb and Alienate Others/Faust

“Right, so… hello again,” Eric Quillington says to the crowd, with a confident look in his eyes. Whatever jittery nerves he possessed during the interview are gone now. With the buffer of music, he has the swagger of a rock-star once again. This is, after all, where he’s most comfortable; standing in front of a crowd, with a guitar strapped around his neck. And so, after hitting a couple chords to make sure he’s properly tuned up, Eric says a few words to the crowd before beginning; “This’ll be a melody of sorts, as I’d like to use this opportunity to express my feelings towards the two people who have had perhaps the biggest impact on my life, aside from Jason Smith. Their names both begin with G, coincidentally enough”. Rather than playing guitar, Eric puts his hands over his head and begins clapping in a rhythmic fashion, prompting the audience to do the same. With this suitable, if unorthodox, rhythm track serving as a solution to the fact that he currently has no drummer, he begins to sing, a cappella, a song from one of his favorite albums, Lungs. The lyrics are slightly different than what one would traditionally dedicate to a lover, but the relationship between Eric and Glamazon has always been rather unique. He sings with a sly smile, not taking the violent lyrics remotely seriously, instead using them as a homage to the artist who wrote ‘How to Destroy Your Boyfriend’ mere months after she started dating Eric.

“You hit me once, I hit you back
You gave a kick, I gave a slap
You smashed a plate over my head, then I set fire to our bed”

As soon as the final word leaves his lips, Eric wraps his fingers around the fret of his guitar and launches into the distorted guitar riff from ‘How to Disturb and Alienate Others’. As it’s one of Infinite’s most popular tunes, the crowd immediately roars in approval. It’s only the second time that he’s played the song on a talk-show, but it’s clear just how much the public’s reaction to it has changed since then. His voice, by no means feeble or quiet during this particular tune, is drowned out by the collective singing of the small gathering on the floor below. And, although it by no means dilutes the meaning of the song, the crowd’s chanting does provide a subtle irony; this spiteful, very-real confession from one individual to another has become a universal anthem;

“All of my past is quite a haze
Stuck in my thoughts; it’s all one big maze
The look in your eyes was quite a sight
Staring at the crowd seemed to spark a light
You took a bow, fucked their wives
Everybody was having a good time
You said it was like all your dreams had come true”

Instead of continuing in this anthemic, forceful fashion, as the more casual fans in the crowd would probably like, Eric abruptly shifts gears. All distortion is gone from the tone of his playing, with clear, pure chords chiming out instead. It’s perhaps the most chilling, haunting melody written by Infinite, but also among their most beautiful.
Interestingly enough, this song can also serve as a conclusion to the bitter feud between Greg and Eric that dominated the band’s early years. With both the melody and lyrics written by Greg and Eric, it’s perhaps the truest collaboration the two have ever shared. But the lyrics also share a surprising insight in the musician’s minds; it’s not about the Faustian tale of the Devil, as the title and initial read-through’s of the lyrics may suggest, but of Quillington’s eventual departure from both the world and his own sanity. It’s little wonder why this song, when performed at the first (and, so far, only) Infinite concert with the new lineup of Oldson/Matt/Florentine, served as such an emotional climax.

“And there was only ever you and I
A pair of lights at the end of the tunnel, blurring all the shadows
And you’re already gone
Another missed opportunity waiting to be declined

But you truthfully never had a chance
Before the rough landing you will always slip and slide
But still you want to feel the push
Beginnings are always the sudden drop, it’s the middle that drags on”

The playing becomes much more forceful as the song reaches its conclusion, with each chord being struck with almost frightening intensity. When Eric sings the final line, a chill is sent down the spine of those in attendance. His voice, a falsetto cry, is almost ghost-like, perfectly representing the emotions that had been building up inside of him since the announcement of his departure from Infinite. This perfect, beautiful moment reminds the audience that Eric Quillington is more than the crazed celebrity of late; he's a musician with an intense passion for his work.

"Love, jump from the burning bridge to become one with the stars..."

“Thank you, thank you,” he says simply to the audience, with a smile plastered across his face. After taking a final bow, he skips off the stage. Since he now lives with Glamazon, there won’t be any goodbyes between them for the evening, as they can now go home together, the night only just beginning. Maybe he’ll finally introduce her to the joys of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, or show her clips of Darth Vader that terrified him as a little kid. Anything could happen.

Edited by user 18 November 2011 10:52:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
thanks 1 user thanked infinite135 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 18/11/2011(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#64 Posted : 18 November 2011 11:20:57(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

MEDLEY
"Withering Love" / "Marry You" (Bruno Mars Cover)

After applauding Eric on his wonderful performance that Glamazon is clearly impressed with, she takes to the stage, opting for an acoustic set to suit with the more intimate venue. She introduces the crowd to "Withering Love", one of her biggest hit singles in her career, a track that also won an award for Best Lyrics at the 21st IMA's. It's not hard to realise why she decided to choose that particular song out of her discography, one that was inspired by the Havisham poem. "This song is in no way dedicated to my relationship with Eric, but I'm going to pretend that I'm a psycho bitch and Eric ditched me at the altar so that I can perform this song to the best ability" she jokes, a few laughs heard in the audience in response as she breaks into song.

"Beloved sweetheart bastard.
Not a day since then I haven’t wished him dead.
Prayed for it so hard I’ve dark green pebbles for eyes,
Ropes on the back of my hands I could strangle with

For years I longed for the moment that you killed
Would have been happily ever after, a fairytale fulfilled
Turns out you weren't the one to give me my dreams
You built me up and broke me down to new extremes
My heart once reached out for you to take me away
Now I sit here waiting for your return, clutching the rotting bouquet

Temporary love ain't good enough, you weren't as you appeared
You promised me the world and then just disappeared
Now I wait here in hope with my stained wedding dress
Painful silence leaves me with false hope and distress"

She lowers her tone for the more powerful chorus and begins to clap her hands together, encouraging the crowd to do so along with her. She may be a tad more used to performing in larger venues instead of just roughly around a hundred people, but the connection she feels with the audience is a wonderful feeling as she looks down at the majority singing along, giving a few winks to those who she spots.

"Celebrate for new found loneliness
Raise a glass for dying happiness
Cheer for futures down the drain
Sing for everlasting pain
My beloved sweetheart bastard who I mourn of
You were the cause of this withering love
This withering, withering love"

Glamazon cuts the song off after the chorus and moves into an acoustic version of the Bruno Mars song "Marry You", which was covered on her The Beauty of Pain album, under the name of "Kill You". However, it seems that Glamazon's more willing to take on the original version of the song. It's evident that the song choice will get the media running a few stories in the tabloids, but Glamazon has obviously never been one shy to cause some sort of drama somewhere, whether it's over what she's carrying in her hand, or what she's deciding to sing.

"It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you..."

Ending the song on a long, impressive high note, she closes her eyes for a moment and steps away from the microphone as the small audience cheers. "Thank you, sweethearts" she says softly, before stepping off of the stage.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
infinite135 on 18/11/2011(UTC)
Offline infinite135  
#65 Posted : 19 November 2011 03:51:43(UTC)
infinite135

Man

UserPostedImage
(The fierce, probing stare of the best damned interviewer on the planet)

All noise in the small television studio comes to a grinding halt from the moment tonight's host, a man in his late thirties, strides onstage. He carries with him a quiet form of intensity, which is putting it rather lightly. His hawklike, almost inhuman eyes stare at the audience for several seconds, as if trying to discern their greatest fears and weaknesses. After an almost unbearably long moment, his gaze relents, and he sits down on a chair adjacent from couch reserved for tonight's guest. "Good evening," the man says with a clipped, intense, but gentlemanly manner, "I'm Charles Alan Greenwood, the third. Named after my father, and my father's father. But, that's not important. That's irrelevant. Like all of you. What is important, however, are the young individuals that will be sitting across from me for the next hour or so. Some call them an inspiration. Some call them gods. Some call them, or more acurrately, their singer, the 'great red hope'. I call them... Riot in the Boulevard!"

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#66 Posted : 19 November 2011 03:58:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
The five teenage member's of Riot! In The Boulevard shuffle nervously onto the stage, each member of the band are wearing regular clothes, jeans and T-shirt primarily. They make their way towards the sofa, each member smiling and raising a hand at the audience as they cheer the band's arrival. One by one they sit down before their flame-haired frontwoman Amy Meyer smiles;

Amy: Hey, thanks for that introduction.

Justin: Are we really worthy of all of that? (*chuckles slightly*)
Offline infinite135  
#67 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:07:03(UTC)
infinite135

Man

"Well, I'm not really sure if you are or not, so let's ask the audience," Charlies says with a charming smile and laugh after shaking the hands of the band in front of him. His features turn slightly more rough and unappealing as he turns towards the crowd and shouts, "IRRELEVANT AUDIENCE! Do you believe that Riot in the Boulevard deserves their success?!" There isn't much of a reply, however, aside from the soiling of pants. Several people cheer and clap in response, but it's unknown whether this is out of respect for the band, or fear of the interviewer. Taking this as a satisfactory response, Charles nods curtly at the crowd and turns his attention back towards the band.

"So, then, let's get cracking. All five of you are obviously very young, but have accomplished more than many of the so-called senior bands. But with this success comes higher expectations, naturally. I look at the band Oasis from the 90s; their first two albums broke countless records, and earned them a near-legendary status. But, in the years since, they were never able to live up to their reputation. Do you ever have fears that you might not be able to repeat the phenomenal success of your debut album?"

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#68 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:12:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Amy smiles a little and the rest of the band all look at each for a moment.

Justin: I think we've improved hugely since our debut album and certainly from the material we have for our second album, I think we'll be able to eclipse what we achieved on our debut.

Adam: Clearly that's why I was brought into the band permanently

Amy: But honestly, there's more pressure on us now because our debut was so well received but I think we can create something even better with our second album, we've got some of the best songs I've written for the new album.

Jason: We're all really positive about the next album.
Offline infinite135  
#69 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:16:13(UTC)
infinite135

Man

"Of course, of course. Having a new face in the band is bound to spruce things up, eh? Which brings me to you, Adam, and my next question," Charles says, shifting his hawklike eyes towards the band's newest member, "Going from a virtual unknown to a member of rock's most promising new outfit is bound to be a bit of a dramatic jump. How does it feel to have become a rock-star, almost overnight?"

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#70 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:22:00(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Adam looks a little nervous as Charles looks at him, he shrugs his shoulders a little and smiles.

Adam: It's awesome, I've joined these guys onstage a few times so that's not really a worry for me and I've known these guys since we started highschool. I guess there may be a little more attention on me now that I've become an official member of the band but I've been around this for the past few months, I always felt like I was a part of the band and now it's happened, I'm confident that I can be a great addition though.

Amy: He's a great guitarist but it's not gonna be so much different for him, maybe a little more attention on him but it's nothing to be concerned about.
Offline infinite135  
#71 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:26:44(UTC)
infinite135

Man

"Quite right. Without trying to put down the other members of the band, I always feel as though most of the 'fame' has been bestowed on Amy, who has handled it wonderfully thus far. I wouldn't necessarily take that as an insult to the rest of you, though; the frontman, or woman in this case, always gets the most attention. But the guitar and drums are just as vital to the make-up of the band as a whole. But, I'm getting ahead of myself, so forgive me. Let's re-track, start things off at the beginning, before fame had even begun to rear its head. What influenced you all to start making music in the first place?"

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#72 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:35:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Amy: For me it was something I was always interested in, my dad was a classically trained pianist and from an early age I was always fascinated with that and it kinda grew from there, I learnt to play the piano at like eleven years old and so my obsession just grew over time.

Nathan: Basically I wanted something to hit that made a noise, my parents got me a cat but quickly decided that drums would be the better option and then Amy asked myself and my bro Justin to join the band.

Jason: I guess I was a late starter, I learnt to play the bass guitar in highschool but I never had any plans to make a career out of it ... I got lucky I guess. (*laughs a little*)
Offline infinite135  
#73 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:43:44(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Charles nods and listens intently, occasionally flicking an eye over to audience to make sure their full attention is on the interview. Once Jason finishes talk, Charles says, "You'd be surprised; most musicians originally played only as something of a hobby. I think that's what's so pure about rock music in general. You don't start out making millions, it's just something that sort of happens. So it's a fairly interesting development, and showcases the duality found in much music. This talk of a band's progress brings me to my next question; what was your earliest musical influences, and how did the band develop and evolve from those first steps into the entity of today?"

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#74 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:49:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Amy: Well we formed in highschool so the majority of our influences were generally modern rock bands, but for me my influences are all over the place, U2, The Beatles, Aerosmith, The Replacements, Nirvana, I could go on. (*she laughs a little*)

Jason: I was always more into the classic rock bands, Led Zeppelin, The Who. That kinda thing but we were never gonna be that kind of band.

Justin: I think we just seemed to develop naturally, we didn't set out to sound like anyone in particular, kinda trail our own blaze.
Offline infinite135  
#75 Posted : 19 November 2011 04:56:10(UTC)
infinite135

Man

One unfortunate teenager, at the front of the crowd, decided to use this social outing a chance to text her friends. Which is a fairly bad choice, as Charlies Greenwood is the interviewer. When Riot in the Boulevard stops talking, Charles gives no follow-up question, merely staring at the girl texting like a tiger watching it's prey. Slowly, all eyes in the audience are also staring at her, prompting her to turn bright red in the face out of embarrassment. After she awkwardly puts her cell phone away, Charles turns back to the band and says,

"Fascinating. You fit in perfectly with your modern-day peers, so it's a pleasant shock to see you influenced by both old and new acts. Of course, the most important thing a band could do is move on from their influences; you don't want to do the same thing as a previous band, as it's important to be unique. And your lyrics, for instance, are certainly unique. What type of topics do you typically try to express through your writing?"

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#76 Posted : 19 November 2011 05:08:33(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Amy: Well we're all teenagers so I think that's really what we're seen as anyway. Our fanbase is primarily teenagers and obviously we're all 18 years old. But for me as a songwriter, I just try to put down something as honest as I can, I had so many questions and doubts as a teenager and I think that comes across in my lyrics, Basically as a songwriter I just want to create something that means something special to someone and that's enough for me.

Justin: Obviously Amy takes on most of the songwriting duties but being the same age and growing up together means that we all have a lot in common and when we work together on songs it just fits perfectly because it's like we're all in sync.
Offline infinite135  
#77 Posted : 19 November 2011 05:17:31(UTC)
infinite135

Man

(OOC: Hey, dude, I actually gotta get going, I'm sorry! D'you want to do the other half or so of this tomorrow, if I'm online?)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#78 Posted : 19 November 2011 05:20:00(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: No problem :) And yeah sure we can continue tommorow. Thanks :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
infinite135 on 19/11/2011(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#79 Posted : 19 November 2011 06:19:57(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
UserPostedImage

The theme song ends and Den shows up smiling.

Den: Hello everyone! So how are you doing? I hope well and if not, well, this interview will make you feel better. It's the first time ever I'm going to interview an act and that's very... new for me! (Laughs) Ok, so I'm now gonna interview for you all an amazing girl band, which managed to achieve pretty much a lot in just a short time. I'm talking about Brown Sugar! Hey there girls!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline BrownSugar  
#80 Posted : 19 November 2011 06:25:27(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
All: Hello!

Ife: Hey Den, long time no see!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE