logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#21 Posted : 14 January 2012 02:24:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: You Use Me (Like A Puppet On A String)
Genre: Alt-Rock, Pop-Punk, Rock
Length: 3:07
Recorded: Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, California
Label: Nomad Records!
Written: December 2011
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin

‘You Use Me (Like A Puppet On A String)’ is a song from American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written in December 2011 by Amy Meyer and Adam Benjamin, it’s a track from the band’s 2012 sophomore album. It’s perhaps one of the most musically powerful songs from the album. According to Amy, “This song in particular is a vengeful song of sorts, it asks why people stay in horrible relationships when they could do so much better and we’re all victims to believing, I think we are anyway.”

Song Description
The song opens with one beat of the drum which is quickly followed with a repetitive guitar riff by Justin Mullen which lasts 22 seconds before the opening lines of the song can be heard being sung by Amy Meyer, it’s a fast-paced song and her vocals are quick, energetic and fiery, after the first verse the bass guitar by Jason Greenberg can be heard being played repetitively as seems to be singing perfectly in time with the fast paced instruments. The song builds up and unlike other Riot! In The Boulevard tracks this one tales a little longer to get to the chorus but the build-up set’s things in motion effortlessly and as the pre-chorus arrives, the whole band is in full swing and the vocals from Amy as she sings “Well Maybe I’m Just A Replacement/For When Your First Choice Ain’t Around/You’ll Take My Heart, Tear It Apart/And Burn It To The Ground “ sound like some of the most angry lyrics she’s ever sung. The chorus isn’t any less angry as she questions why she’s been used so easily but promises revenge which is delivered duly in the next pre-chorus.
The song closes out on the chorus, the music softens, the drum beat can barely be heard and it’s almost like Amy’s vocals are standing alone, the use of Echo may have been added to enhance those final words, “I See That You Just Use Me, Like A Puppet On A String/You Think I’m Blind But I’ll Get My Revenge And Baby It Will Sting.”

Songwriter’s Comments
“I’m not exactly sure what was going on in my head for me to write so many angry songs recently, It is what I wanted to do for the album though to be honest, a lot of songs on the first record were kinda positive and hopeful and a lot of songs on this record are pretty angry and vengeful. This song in particular is a vengeful song of sorts, it asks why people stay in horrible relationships when they could do so much better and we’re all victims to believing, I think we are anyway. It’s that cliché thing of “Oh I’d like to turn this bad guy into a good guy or something” but this kinda goes in a different direction to that, I guess. The reason she stays is for fear of being alone, she’d rather be with someone who hurts her instead of being alone and you know, she feels pretty used and everything, so it gets to the point where she kinda thinks, “You know what? Enough.” And that’s where the lyrics, “Soon You’ll Wonder Where I Went/Well I’ll Be Somewhere In The Crowd/And Again I’ll Go Unnoticed/But The Gunshot Will Be So Loud.” So yeah it’s a little vengeful I guess, it’s certainly a change in songwriting approach or theme from the first record and that’s good because for me it’s all about growth, we’re improving all of the time and I believe that the difference in material now may be less catchy choruses but more about songs that tell a story, who knows if people will go with this new stuff but I believe that it’s some of the best work we’ve done yet.”
- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics
Letting Go Is The Hardest Part, Or So They Say
But The Hardest Part Is Trusting All Those Tired Words You Say
I Thought You Were Different, You Weren’t Like The Other Guys
But The Only Thing I Know Is That I’m Tired Of All The Lies
---
We’re Only Together When You Want Us To Be
You’re The Only One That Matters, Not Me
Tired And Bored With Your Useless Little Lies
Tired Of Fighting It’s No Surprise
---
You’ve Got Other Girls On Speed-Dial
Just Waiting For Something New
Something Simple With No Complications
Oh, You Don’t Know How Much I Hate You
---
The Reason I Stay Is I’m Afraid Of Being All Alone
Afraid Of Living A Half-Lived Life
But It’s Better Than The Love You’ve Shown
---
Well Maybe I’m Just A Replacement
For When Your First Choice Ain’t Around
You’ll Take My Heart, Tear It Apart
And Burn It To The Ground
---
I See That You Just Use Me, Like A Puppet On A String
Controlling Me Like You Own Me And Like You Own Everything
You Think I’m Blind But I’ll Get My Revenge And Baby It Will Sting
---
Soon You’ll Wonder Where I Went
Well I’ll Be Somewhere In The Crowd
And Again I’ll Go Unnoticed
But The Gunshot Will Be So Loud
---
Controlling Me Like You Own Me And Like You Own Everything
You Think I’m Blind But I’ll Get My Revenge And Baby It Will Sting

Edited by user 15 January 2012 00:51:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#22 Posted : 15 January 2012 00:51:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: A Million Miles Can’t Break Us
Genre: Rock, Pop-Punk, Ballad
Length: 3:17
Written: November 2011
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Justin Mullen

‘A Million Miles Can’t Break Us’ is a song from American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. It was written for their 2012 sophomore album and was written in December 2011 although part of the lyrics were written as early as August 2011. The song’s theme is similar to one of the band’s previous singles called ‘Long Distance Conversations’ and was written by both Amy Meyer and Justin Mullen who have both dealt with long distance relationships. Talking about the song, Justin Mullen said, “It may be a theme that we’ve done once before on our debut with Long Distance Conversations, but there’s a difference, the track is about having the faith and believe that things will work out, the previous one was about how difficult this kind of relationship can be.”

Song Description
The song begins with a soft piano introduction which sets the scene for a rare ballad from Riot In The Boulevard, drums can be heard being played slightly in the background as can a soft bass line and guitar riff but the piano remains as the sole focus of the music throughout this slow number. Surprisingly the vocal duties are shared between both Amy Meyer and Justin Mullen throughout, perhaps a homage to the fact that they not only wrote the song together but have both been in separate relationships which have meant they had to deal with long distance. Justin’s vocals are soft and emotional and Amy’s vocals are similar but with slightly more power and energy to them. They trade verses throughout and join together as one on the chorus, “A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, No Matter Where We Are/A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, Your My Wish Upon A Star/A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, These Bonds Cannot Be Broken/A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, Now That These Words Are Spoken.”

Songwriter's Comments
“A Million Miles Can’t Break Us is a positive song, it’s a song about having the belief that you can make it through despite how difficult things may get. It may be a theme that we’ve done once before on our debut with Long Distance Conversations, but there’s a difference, the track is about having the faith and belief that things will work out, the previous one was about how difficult this kind of relationship can be. I wrote this song with Amy, it’s something we’ve both gone through, being on tour leaves very little time for a personal life not to mention a relationship but we’ve both gone through and it’s something that we can both relate to which is why I enjoyed working on this song.
Musically, we wanted to capture the emotion of the lyrics and what they mean, we kept it basic and a little stripped back which put the emphasis on Amy’s vocals and the words that she was singing, we like to make the best possible use of our song lyrics because that’s the basis of what we are and so it’s always important to get the right balance, musically. We could have thrashed away on our guitars and drums for the song but that would have taken away from the lyrics and what the song means and so the tenderness of the piano and acoustic guitar on the track provided the right setting for this song. It was a little daunting when Amy said, “Hey man, I got an idea … Why don’t you sing on this track too.” Because it’s not something I’m used to, I mean I’m not a vocalist, I can carry a tune but I don’t plan on making a career out of it, but I think it provided a little something different for this song and I’m really pleased with how it turned out.”

- Justin Mullen

Song Lyrics

{Amy Vocals}
A Million Miles Is Far Away, Or So That’s What I Used To Think
But The Truth Is That Nowhere Is Too Far, And Baby We’re On The Brink
We Opened Our Hearts Despite The Distance Between You And Me
We Opened Our Souls And Shared Them Together
We Knew This Was Meant To Be
---
{Justin Vocals}
So A Million Miles Means Nothing Anymore
I Felt More Love From You Than I’ve Ever Felt Before
Nothing Could Stop Us, Or Stand In Our Way
Nothing Could Break Us, No Matter How Far Away
---
{Amy Vocals}
We Shared Our Hopes And Shared Our Dreams
Shared Our Everything, Our In-Betweens
Shared Our Life, Despite Being So Far Away
We Promised Each Other, We’d Be Together Someday
---
A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, No Matter Where We Are
A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, Your My Wish Upon On A Star
A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, These Bonds Cannot Be Broken
A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, Now That These Words Are Spoken
---
My Nights Felt Dark With You So Far Away
But Your Words Felt Warm And Made Me Feel Okay
We May Not Have Those Tender Moments Together
But As Long As Your Still Breathing, You’ll Be My Forever
---
So A Million Miles Means Nothing Anymore
I Felt More Love From You Than I’ve Ever Felt Before
Nothing Could Stop Us, Or Stand In Our Way
Nothing Could Break Us, No Matter How Far Away
---
{Justin Vocals}
We Shared Our Hopes And Shared Our Dreams
Shared Our Everything, Our In-Betweens
Shared Our Life, Despite Being So Far Away
We Promised Each Other, We’d Be Together Someday
---
A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, No Matter Where We Are
A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, Your My Wish Upon On A Star
A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, These Bonds Cannot Be Broken
A Million Miles Can’t Break Us, Now That These Words Are Spoken
GirlSpice on 15/01/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#23 Posted : 15 January 2012 00:58:10(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: Amy and Justin sound incredible on this, this whole album is really shaping up to be something incredible, just as I thought! I really love the lyrics too, and... gahhh, I can't seem to find any faults with you guys, haha. You already know I've pre-ordered a copy of this record for everyone I know!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#24 Posted : 15 January 2012 23:24:03(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: Amy and Justin sound incredible on this, this whole album is really shaping up to be something incredible, just as I thought! I really love the lyrics too, and... gahhh, I can't seem to find any faults with you guys, haha. You already know I've pre-ordered a copy of this record for everyone I know!

Justin: Thanks I'm glad that you liked that track, I think it's safe to say I won't be making a career out of singing, it was fun though and I'm glad the album's shaping up well for you

Edited by user 15 January 2012 23:25:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#25 Posted : 15 January 2012 23:26:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play
Genre: Rock, Pop-Rock
Length: 3:26
Writer(s): Amy Meyer

‘The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play’ is a song by American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written by vocalist and primary lyricist Amy Meyer in November 2011, it’s a track from the bands 2012 sophomore album. It’s a fast-paced song which makes full use of the guitar, drums and bass. According to Amy, the song is a more honest view of relationships, “It’s not always the romantic fairytale type of thing, it’s actually hardly ever like that. There’s always doubt and confusion, it’s kinda more like a game of the mind, just trying to figure things out and it’s sometimes the worst position to be in, always trying to second guess what the other person is feeling when sometimes they shower you with affection and then they make you feel like you’re not important. I think it’s a more honest interpretation of relationships”.

Song Description
The song begins with four powerful drum beats, the lead guitar from Justin Mullen and the bass guitar from Jason Greenberg come crashing in, also accompanied by the keyboards being played from Adam Benjamin. The song is fast-paced and loud which continues as Amy begins to sing the opening lyrics to the song, there’s an anger and aggression in her voice as she sings, “My mind is in a different place these days/It’s like I’m tangled in your web and I just can’t get out/I’m losing strength right now, I’m struggling to shout/Well I just can’t seem to figure you out.” She switches between loud and aggressive to a soft and sad vocal as she sings “Love is a word that can die/If we use it too much/But you see the problem is/We don’t use it nearly enough.” And the music slowly begins to soften towards the end, as does Amy’s vocals.

Songwriters Comments
“The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play is a pretty self-explanatory song, you can probably figure it out by the title. Relationships are tricky, It’s not always the romantic fairytale type of thing, it’s actually hardly ever like that. There’s always doubt and confusion, it’s kinda more like a game of the mind, just trying to figure things out and it’s sometimes the worst position to be in, always trying to second guess what the other person is feeling when sometimes they shower you with affection and then they make you feel like you’re not important. I think it’s a more honest interpretation of relationships.

The second verse, “One Moment You Crazy About Me/And The Next I Barely Seem To Exist/One Moment You Wrap Your Arms Around Me/Then Your Pulling Away From My Lips” is a lyric that explains things, maybe a little too clearly, but those lyrics are insanely true, at least to me and my own past. You get all of this doubt in your mind and it’s sort of like a mood changing thing that happens, for me it kinda killed the relationships, there’s only so much doubt and confusion that you can take before you say, “You know what? … I’m done here.” And I think it’s a more honest interpretation of a relationship, the music is fast and aggressive, that’s how we wanted it to sound with this song, we didn’t want it to just be another weepy ballad but something angry and aggressive that could work well with the lyrics, I think we accomplished that.”
- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics
My Mind Is In A Different Place These Days
It’s Like I’m Tangled In Your Web And I Just Can’t Get Out
I’m Losing Strength Right Now I’m Struggling To Shout
Well I Just Can’t Seem To Figure You Out
---
One Moment Your Crazy About Me
And The Next I Barely Seem To Exist
One Moment You Wrap Your Arms Around Me
Then Your Pulling Away From My Lips
---
I’m Just Worried Of Losing You
Because That’s Not Something I Would Choose To Do
I’m Trying My Hardest Right Now But It Looks Like I’m Gonna Lose
It Seems Like Maybe I’m Just Not Enough Anymore
---
These Are The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play
It’s Messing With My Mind And It Drives Me Crazy Everyday
But I Guess These Are The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play
If We’re Gonna Be Together I’ll Have To Get Used To It Someday
---
I’m Just Worried Of Losing You
Because That’s Not Something I Would Choose To Do
I’m Trying My Hardest But It’s Getting Too Tough
It Seems Like Maybe I’m Not Enough
---
Well Love Is A Word That Can Die
If We Use It Too Much
But You See The Problem Is
We Don’t Use It Nearly Enough
---
---
We’re Growing Apart And We’re Nearing The End
I’m Losing More Than A Soul Mate, I’m Losing A Friend
Maybe You Don’t Know How Much I Need You, Maybe You Don’t See
That There’s Nothing I Want More Than Just You And Me
---
Princess_Valentine on 16/01/2012(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#26 Posted : 16 January 2012 00:12:10(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Jennifer: Eureka! Another fantastic song. As always I can relate to this cause I've been there before. Never again though, they don't call me strong for nothing lol. Pun intended. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 16/01/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#27 Posted : 16 January 2012 00:18:41(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: This is shaping up into a masterpiece. The lyrics, the music, the vocal, everything is just fantastic. Its hard to distinguish which songs are the best because they all rank up there, but everyone knows im a sucker for a ballad, therefor the past few have ranked up their as some of the greatest for me.

Edited by user 16 January 2012 05:35:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

retired x
thanks 2 users thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/01/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 16/01/2012(UTC)
Offline Malory Evans  
#28 Posted : 16 January 2012 05:26:59(UTC)
Malory Evans

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
OOC: Last time I was on here their album was topping the charts, now I've gotten the chance to read the tracks so far off of this album and it's brilliant, kudos! Applause

Malory: This band is going down in history ...I can see it coming.
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked Malory Evans for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 16/01/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 16/01/2012(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#29 Posted : 16 January 2012 05:28:25(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
OOC: Always the best lyrics.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Offline Malory Evans  
#30 Posted : 16 January 2012 05:36:23(UTC)
Malory Evans

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;195850]OOC: Always the best lyrics.

OOC: Very true. I wouldnt be surprised if he was an undercover songwriter lol Silenced
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Malory Evans for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#31 Posted : 17 January 2012 00:27:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: Eureka! Another fantastic song. As always I can relate to this cause I've been there before. Never again though, they don't call me strong for nothing lol. Pun intended. :)

Amy: Thanks Jennifer, I'm glad you like it
Offline C4AJoh  
#32 Posted : 17 January 2012 00:27:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: This is shaping up into a masterpiece. The lyrics, the music, the vocal, everything is just fantastic. Its hard to distinguish which songs are the best because they all rank up there, but everyone knows im a sucker for a ballad, therefor the past few have ranked up their as some of the greatest for me.

Amy: Thanks man, glad you like it, I think we're all a sucker for a ballad but only the brave ever admit it
Offline C4AJoh  
#33 Posted : 17 January 2012 00:28:45(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Malory Evans Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Last time I was on here their album was topping the charts, now I've gotten the chance to read the tracks so far off of this album and it's brilliant, kudos! Applause

Malory: This band is going down in history ...I can see it coming.

OOC: Thanks :)

Justin: Wow, that's quite a statement, hopefully your right because that would be epic

Edited by user 17 January 2012 00:29:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#34 Posted : 17 January 2012 00:29:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Thanks, I'm glad you like them :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#35 Posted : 17 January 2012 00:32:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Malory Evans Go to Quoted Post

OOC: Very true. I wouldnt be surprised if he was an undercover songwriter lol Silenced

OOC: An undercover songwriter? Well perhaps in like an alternate universe where only good things happen, that would be cool. In real life though? Nah not so much :P

Edited by user 17 January 2012 00:34:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#36 Posted : 17 January 2012 00:33:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: The Cradle To The Grave
Genre: Pop-Punk, Emo, Alt-Rock
Length: 5:36
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Justin Mullen

‘The Cradle To The Grave’ is a song from American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written in November 2011 by Amy Meyer and Justin Mullen, it is the title track from their 2012 sophomore album. It was one of the earliest songs written for the album, it follows the narrative of a troublesome girl that guys just can’t help but fall for, neglected from a young age and with a lot of anger and her own personal demons it tells the story of the rebellious girl and the title of the song could possibly refer to the girl dying young.
The song follows a slightly different songwriting approach for Amy Meyer as she states, “writing about an entirely fictional character was a little different to what I generally write, I find that kind of songwriting a little more difficult, I tend to prefer to write from the outside looking in on story, rather than from the outside looking in on a person because I think your kinda limited in theme”

Song Description
The song begins with an energetic guitar riff and powerful drums quickly followed by fast-paced rock vocals from Amy Meyer as she sings, “She Was Born Into This Life Without A Fighting Chance.” It’s rocky and shows the band at their most powerful as on the previous record they went for a more soft melodic approach, this track shows the band proving that they can create noise and energy worthy of the ‘rock’ title. Amy’s vocals are at the forefront of the song and combined with the Rhythm Guitar of Adam Benjamin and the Bass Guitar of Jason Greenberg it provides a musical explosion that wasn’t often seen on their debut album and other previous work, it’s like a mission statement from the band showing that they can not only perform the slower, emotional and melodical songs as previously seen in their past work but they can also create the fast-paced energetic kind of rock songs that inspired the teenage band in the first place.

The song hits its peak at the first chorus with everybody playing in sync with each other and again Amy’s vocals providing a powerful, anthemic feel to it as she sings, “She Goes From The Cradle To The Grave/An Existence Only For The Brave/She Goes From The Cradle To The Grave/A Lonely Path Set Out For The Brave.” The band are used to using the chorus as the main focal point to their songs but on this song in particular it’s the verse’s that provide the song’s most interesting part as it tells the story of a heartless girl, “She’ll Take Your Heart And Smash It In Two/She’ll Take Your Soul And Never Give It Back To You/She’ll Ruin Your Life If You Give Her The Chance/But You’ll Fall For Her Beauty Like An Epic Romance.” It’s at this point where the music becomes quiet and the pace slows down, Amy’s vocals now changing from an energetic rock lead vocal to a softer more mournful vocal and with the soft beat of the Bass and Drums, the song ends.

Songwriters Comments
“For me this song is a little bit of a change-up, writing about an entirely fictional character was a little different to what I generally write, I find that kind of songwriting a little more difficult, I tend to prefer to write from the outside looking in on story, rather than from the outside looking in on a person because I think your kinda limited in theme, especially the fact that I don’t want to write eleven minute epics, I prefer to write short catchy songs that cut to the core and get to the point pretty quickly, that’s the way I write, I don’t think I have the attention span to write an eleven minute track. So for me this was something that I wanted to create, I don’t want to rest on my laurels and just create something basic and uninteresting. And I think a lot more questions go into this kind of songwriting, what is this character like? Why is she like this? What is she capable of? And what kind of redeeming qualities does she have? I think I’ve managed to answer all of those questions in the song and I’ve managed to keep the track as short as I could at just over five minutes long which was important for me because I don’t want to create something over-blown and egotistical.”
- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics
She Was Born Into This Life Without A Fighting Chance
Everything That You Take For Granted, Everything That You Expect
Imagine A Life Without Those Security’s, Imagine A Life Full Of Neglect
But She Was Born Without A Chance, Hope Never Came Around
She Lit A Match And Took A Step Back Before Burning This Place To The Ground
---
Pretty Little Princess, She’s Got Her Daddy’s Eyes
Pretty Little Princess, What’s Hiding Behind Those Lies
Pretty Little Princess, With A Killer Smile To Boot
Pretty Little Princess, Unafraid To Shoot
---
Born Into This Life, Cradled In Mommy’s Arms
Hold Her Too Tight, You’ll Be Up All Night
It’s Time To Ring The Alarms
Hold Her Too Tight, You’ll Be Up All Night
Time To Ring The Alarms
---
At Eight Years Old She Knows How To Aim
She’ll Cause A Riot With One Look, I Wonder Who’s To Blame
Neglected Through Her Youth Can You Face The Truth
She’s Learnt To Aim, Nothing Will Ever Be The Same
But I Still Wonder, Who’s To Blame
---
She Goes From The Cradle To The Grave
An Existence Only For The Brave
A Lonely Path Set Out For The Brave
---
At Sixteen Years Old, She’s A Beauty To Her Peers
Long Black Locks, Without A Care, She’ll Leave You In Fear
She Says First You Must Smile During This Pain
There’s No Use In Running, You’ve Got Nothing To Gain
---
She Carries A Gun In Case She Comes Under Attack
She Knows How To Take Care Of Herself, She’ll Always Fight Back
Darkness Is Her Only Friend, Light Is The Enemy
Silence Is An Eerie Thing, She’ll Watch You As You Bleed
---
She’ll Take Your Heart And Smash It In Two
She’ll Take Your Soul And Never Give It Back To You
She’ll Ruin Your Life If You Give Her The Chance
But You’ll Fall For Her Beauty Like An Epic Romance
---
Messed Up And Tortured, Beated And Bruised
She Never Loved You, Now You Feel So Used
You Fell For Her Trap And Now It’s A Blur
But One Thing Remains, You’ll Never Forget Her
---
An Existence Only For The Brave
A Lonely Path Set Out For The Brave

Edited by user 18 January 2012 00:17:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 17/01/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 17/01/2012(UTC)
#37 Posted : 17 January 2012 03:27:06(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Jennifer: You know I think you guys and a few others that the lyrics actually make sense to me. You've painted the picture so perfect. You guys deserve an applause and I'll be standing there yelling "encore encore". Lol I'm silly I know but yeah nice work.

Harmony: Whoa this song describes that crazy monkey at the zoo! Monkey bad.

C4AJoh on 17/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#38 Posted : 17 January 2012 07:07:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: You know I think you guys and a few others that the lyrics actually make sense to me. You've painted the picture so perfect. You guys deserve an applause and I'll be standing there yelling "encore encore". Lol I'm silly I know but yeah nice work.

Harmony: Whoa this song describes that crazy monkey at the zoo! Monkey bad.

Amy: Thanks Jennifer, that really means a lot because that's pretty much what we want our music to do, I'm so glad you can relate to the songs in some way :)

Adam: Harmony, Whaaaa?? ... This song describes a monkey? I am so confused right now but I sooo wanna see that Monkey! :P
Offline C4AJoh  
#39 Posted : 18 January 2012 00:17:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Your Heart Is Where I Need To Be
Genre: Pop-Rock, Alt-Rock, Ballad
Length: 3:28
Written: December 2011
Writer(s): Amy Meyer

‘Your Heart Is Where I Need To Be’ is a song from American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written in December 2011 by Amy Meyer, it’s a track from the band’s 2012 sophomore album. The song is a slower song in comparison to other tracks from their second album, it’s slow pace and acoustic/piano based music make this one of the more emotional songs from the band and the soft vocal performance from Amy Meyer gives the song the kind of emotion that it perhaps deserves. According to songwriter/vocalist Amy Meyer, “The song is a ballad, there’s no way around it, it’s a kind of staring out at the rain through the window, laying on my bed staring at old photo’s kinda song, It’s good to change things up sometimes and we all really like the tenderness of this track.”

Song Description
The song is one of the slowest songs from Riot! In The Boulevard’s sophomore album, the primary instruments on this track are the acoustic guitar of Justin Mullen and the piano which is being played by Adam Benjamin, the pace of the song is slow in comparison to the bands previous songs, Amy sings softly with the kind of emotion that the song’s lyrics deserves, the song’s theme will no doubt continue to appeal to the band’s teenage fanbase. And although the pace of the song never really increases, it remains slow and emotional throughout, the emotion of Amy’s vocals on the chorus in particular could be enough to keep the fans interest at a pretty high level and once again Riot! Provide lyrics that their fans would relish singing along to, “See That Your Heart Is Where I Need To Be/I Need You Closer, Holding Me, I Need You Closer, Holding Me/See That Your Heart Is Where I Need To Be/We Can Write Our Own Future And Forget About Our History/See That Your Heart Is Where I Need To Be/I Need You Closer, Holding Me, I Need You Closer, Holding Me.”

Songwriters Comments
“I’m pretty happy with how this track turned out, we recorded a couple of different versions and we felt that the lyrics deserved the softness of the acoustic guitar and piano, we’re always looking to try a different approach and I think that we’re really lucky that when we first kinda broke out we never really had this one view of what we were, so I think that gives us freedom to create the softer perhaps more pop oriented tracks whenever we want to without being called sell-outs and that gives us a lot more freedom. As a songwriter I’m always looking to create something that really means something, something that I feel like people can really relate to. As a 16 year old, that’s what I needed from music, something that helped me understand things and something that I felt really spoke to me and I think this song is the kind of track that I would have really related to, so I have the hope that other can really enjoy this song and relate to it. The song is a ballad, there’s no way around it, it’s a kind of staring out at the rain through the window, laying on my bed staring at old photo’s kinda song, it’s good to change things up sometimes and we all really like the tenderness of this track.”
- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics
I’m Staring At These Walls, Hoping They Come Crumbling Down
To Take This Pain From My Heart, To Take It All Away
I Pray That This Pain Will Go Every Single Day
I Think If You Could See The Things That I Can See
Maybe You’d Notice These Things That You’re Doing To Me
---
I’ve Got So Many Questions In My Mind
I’m Worried About The Answers That I’ll Find
But I’ll Put Myself Through All Of This Pain
In The Hope That I See Your Face Again
And I Sometimes Wish That We Didn’t Meet
Then I Realize My Life Would Be Incomplete
---
You Promised To Guide My Heart Towards Perfection
Because It Felt Like It Was Moving In The Wrong Direction
I’d Hide Myself Away Forever If I Could
But Then We Wouldn’t Be Together Like We Should
---
And So I’ll Take All This Pain, Fear And Doubt
Knowing Your Love Is Something I Can’t Live Without
I’ll Roll With The Punches, Feeling Beaten And Bruised
I’ll Be The One That’s Left Standing I Ain’t Gonna Lose
---
See That Your Heart Is Where I Need To Be
I Need You Closer, Holding Me, I Need You Closer, Holding Me
We Can Write Our Own Future And Forget About Our History
Your Heart is Where I Need To Be
I Need Your Closer, Holding Me, I Need You Closer, Holding Me
Your Heart Is Where I Need To Be
Maybe Someday You’ll Learn To Love Me
---
And So I’ll Take All This Pain, Fear And Doubt
Knowing Your Love Is Something I Can’t Live Without
I’ll Roll With The Punches, Feeling Beaten And Bruised
I’ll Be The One That’s Left Standing I Ain’t Gonna Lose
---
I Need You Closer, Holding Me
We Can Write Our Own Future And Forget About Our History
Your Heart is Where I Need To Be
I Need Your Closer, Holding Me
Your Heart Is Where I Need To Be
Maybe Someday You’ll Learn To Love Me
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 18/01/2012(UTC), GirlSpice on 18/01/2012(UTC)
#40 Posted : 18 January 2012 10:15:53(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Jennifer: I really hope that you guys never split up cause you write some amazing songs together.

Harmony: You're super great at writing relationship and break up songs Amy. I so envy you! :P

C4AJoh on 18/01/2012(UTC)