logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#41 Posted : 18 January 2012 10:34:17(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: I can't praise you all enough for the incredible stuff that's coming from this record, I don't know how you do it, the lyrics blow me away every time.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 18/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#42 Posted : 18 January 2012 21:41:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: I really hope that you guys never split up cause you write some amazing songs together.

Harmony: You're super great at writing relationship and break up songs Amy. I so envy you! :P

Amy: Thanks girls, we don't plan on splitting up ever :P Aww I'm glad you both like the songs :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#43 Posted : 18 January 2012 21:42:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: I can't praise you all enough for the incredible stuff that's coming from this record, I don't know how you do it, the lyrics blow me away every time.

Amy: Awww thanks Nadia, I'm so glad that you like the album so far, it means a lot to us :)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#44 Posted : 18 January 2012 23:57:58(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: The album is beautiful guys! it's a great follow up for your debut album! I love it ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 19/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#45 Posted : 19 January 2012 00:19:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Julia: The album is beautiful guys! it's a great follow up for your debut album! I love it ;)

Justin: Thanks Julia, We're pretty pleased with the reaction so far :)

Edited by user 19 January 2012 00:20:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#46 Posted : 19 January 2012 00:20:33(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Lonely, Bitter, Fragile, Broken (Welcome To Your Life)
Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop-Punk, Emo
Length: 3:17
Recorded: Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, California
Label: Nomad Records!
Written: November 2011
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Jason Greenberg

‘Lonely, Bitter, Fragile, Broken (Welcome To Your Life)’ is a song by American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written by vocalist Amy Meyer and bassist Jason Greenberg in November 2011 ahead of the initial recording sessions for their 2012 sophomore album. One of the shorter songs on the album at just over three minutes, according to Amy the song is, “a song that the 16 year old version of me would have gravitated towards, when we were planning the album, I always said that I wanted to make the kind of music that the 16 year old version of me would have obsessed over and this definitely follows that rule”

Song Description
The music begins soft and slow at the start of the song, it’s a piano led track and it remains that way throughout as Amy’s vocals start off soft and sad, pushing the lyrics to the forefront of the song, it’s almost like she’s reverted back to the 16 year old version of herself as she sings with a fear in her voice, the piano plays continuously throughout but it’s midway through when the song kicks into action, The drums power increases and three strikes of his guitar strings by Justin Mullen, put an emphasis on the chorus of the song as it quickly becomes more of an angry vengeful song, Amy’s vocals are crisp and clear throughout, hitting the loud powerful vocals when needed and almost seamlessly switching back to a more soft and emotional tone with her voice, the music for this track is designed perfectly to combine with the lyrics and general theme of the song. The bass guitar in the background and even the inclusion of the keyboards can just about be heard if your focus enough on them but the main focus and emphasis of the song is entirely on the piano and vocals from Amy Meyer.

Songwriter’s Comment
“This is a song that the 16 year old version of me would have gravitated towards, when we were planning the album, I always said that I wanted to make the kind of music that the 16 year old version of me would have obsessed over and this definitely follows that rule, it’s a little basic perhaps but it’s right to the point and I think those concerns and doubts and lack of understanding of the real world were always there at the forefront of my mind, I was just a little scared I guess, I never wanted to let somebody have that power over me so I avoided as much human contact as possible because I didn’t want to have to rely on other people and this is a sort of, “what if” kinda song for the 16 year old version of me, it asks some questions to that version of me, like “What if I let someone have that kind of hold over me and left?” I wouldn’t have been able to deal with it back then, but now well I dunno, I think I’ve grown up since then.

When writing songs, things happen differently, sometimes I come up with the lyrics and try to fit things around those but for this one, well I sat at the piano with Jason and we worked and worked at it, the music was composed first and the lyrics came extremely easily to me, it was probably one of the easiest songs to write for the record, I think once you’ve got that flow going with the melody it can sometimes be incredibly easy to find the lyrics to match up with it and this was definitely one of the easiest songs not only to write but also to record, it’s quite a simple track and it definitely fits in with the theme of the album pretty well.”
- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics

My tears, they fall and rest perfectly on my cheek
You’ve left me here alone and I’ve been feeling so weak
Our photos are burnt they’re somewhere in the wreckage of love
They’ve been made into ashes and lay on the damp cold ground
Never to be seen again, never to be found
---
The sun seems to have stopped shining for a while
But I believe it will reappear again someday
I’m not closing my heart from life, I’m not hiding away
See love is a concept that not many can understand
It’s more than a smile or a hand in another hand
---
People they have it but let it fly away
They can wreck something so special, And regret it every day
But you see, I’m not the one that is to blame for this end
See you lost more than just a lover, you lost a friend
---
As you stand among the wreckage, You’ll realize you’re to blame
Nothing will ever be like before, Nothing will be the same
Instead of fighting for something that no longer exists
Your losing this picture of what we once were
Your punishment will be loneliness
Our history will be a blur
---
Your lonely, bitter, fragile and broken
Welcome to your life, it’s what you’ve chosen
Darkness is all that you have as a friend
You lost the one who would fight and defend
---
Your lonely, bitter, fragile and broken
Welcome to your life, this is what you’ve chosen
You lost the only good thing that you had in your life
Your lonely and bitter and fragile and broken
You chose those words and thought they were carefully spoken
But now darkness is all that you have as a friend
You lose the one who would always fight and defend
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 20/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#47 Posted : 20 January 2012 07:20:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: My Echo, My Shadow, You And Me
Genre: Rock, Alt-Rock
Length: 4:57
Written: December 2011
Writer(s) Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin, Justin Mullen

‘My Echo, My Shadow, You And Me’ is a song by American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written and composed in December 2011 by Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin and Justin Mullen, it’s a track from the band’s 2012 sophomore album. It’s a relatively slow-paced song, the most dominant instrument is the piano but the inclusion of a violin match the dark regretful feel to the song’s lyrics. According to songwriter Amy Meyer, “The song tells a story of a girl, she’s about 26 or 27 and she’s now living alone in a place where the only things that keep her company is the memories of her past and what her life could have been, she’s lost her soul mate and she just can’t get the courage to move on, she stays in the same quiet little town that herself and her soul mate shared so many great memories and everywhere she looks she’s just reminded, and it’s like she’s being haunted by these memories.”

Song Description
The song opens with a quiet violin introduction which continues throughout, The piano begins after around 20 seconds which forces the violin to become more of a background instrument, the two set the tone for this emotional track, a soft acoustic guitar continually plays throughout but Amy’s vocals and the piano keys remain at the very forefront of this track, the vocals are generally soft throughout with the exception of one line in the song where the vocals increase in both power and anger just with one line, “Appear To Be Haunting Me Forever.” The vocals have a strong echo throughout which adds to the dark emotional lyrics throughout. Midway through the song, the combination of piano, violin and vocals combine perfectly to create a standout moment as Amy sings, “Maybe We’ll Never Be Truly Alone/In This Place That Held So Many Great Memories/But As Long As I Stay Here There’s Always Gonna Be/My Echo, My Shadow, You And Me.”
The song does include both drums and an acoustic guitar but the two instruments remain almost unnoticeable throughout the song as the piano and violin overshadow them.

Songwriters Comments
“I guess ‘My Echo, My Shadow, You And Me’ is an unusual kind of song for me to write, it’s kind like a short story of loss, abandonment, loneliness and regret, it’s really quite different for me, this track in particular was inspired by classic songwriter’s like, Simon & Garfunkel, Leonard Cohen, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits and Neil Young, which is quite odd for me, I’ve always been attracted to that kind of music but it’s never been the kind of thing that I’ve attempted to write, I generally prefer to create loud rock music with catchy choruses, essentially like 3 minute pop-rock tracks is my normal kind of thing, but this was different and I guess you could say that it’s kinda comparable to ‘The Echoes Of My Soul’ from our first record.

The song tells a story of a girl, she’s about 26 or 27 and she’s now living alone in a place where the only things that keep her company is the memories of her past and what her life could have been, she’s lost her soul mate and she just can’t get the courage to move on, she stays in the same quiet little town that herself and her soul mate shared so many great memories and everywhere she looks she’s just reminded, and it’s like she’s being haunted by these memories. I wrote the lyrics with Adam Benjamin entirely on the piano and once we had the lyrics and melody for it all completed Justin came in with an acoustic guitar and it was a really great collaborative effort from us, we’re really proud of this song and maybe shows a future songwriting approach from us, I’m very proud of this song and hopefully others like the song too.”

- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics
This Home Is Empty And Our Room Is Dark
Is The Candle Still Burning, Is There Still A Spark
The Truth Is Around Me But I Refuse To Open My Eyes
These Memories Have Faded, We’ve Grown Apart, It’s No Surprise
---
When I Walk Down The Street, I Feel So Numb
I See Memories Of Us Just Having Fun
It’s Cold And It’s Haunting Me Every Single Day
But Something Keeps Bringing Me Back Here
I Can’t Stay Away
---
I Look In The Mirror And All That I See
Isn’t My Reflection, But The Ghost Of Who I Used To Be
I Close My Eyes For A Minute Or Two
When I Open Them Up, I See Me And You
---
Those Memories Have Gone, But They’re Still In My Head
Eating Away At My Soul, They’re Killing Me Instead
They Should Be Story’s For Our Grandchildren, When We’re Old And Grey
But They’re Just Haunting Memories Of Yesterday
---
Maybe We’ll Never Be Truly Alone
In This Place That Held So Many Great Memories
But As Long As I Stay Here There’s Always Gonna Be
My Echo, My Shadow, You And Me
---
I Used To Believe In Everything
The Magic That United Us, The Destiny That Brought Us Together
But The Sleepless Nights In This Cold, Dark House
Appear To Be Haunting Me Forever
---
Why Do I Hold Onto The Thought Of Happiness Someday
I Keep That Belief Hidden Deep In My Mind When I’m Alone
There’s Always That Thought That You Could Come Back Home
But I Wonder What Lies In My Future
---
But I’ll Never Be Truly Alone
In This Place That Held So Many Great Memories
But As Long As I Stay Here There’s Always Gonna Be
There Will Always Be

Edited by user 20 January 2012 08:09:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Princess_Valentine on 20/01/2012(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#48 Posted : 20 January 2012 08:01:32(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Jennifer: My Echo, My Shadow, You And Me is really beautiful. Poor girl having to live a life like that. :/
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#49 Posted : 20 January 2012 08:19:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jennifer: My Echo, My Shadow, You And Me is really beautiful. Poor girl having to live a life like that. :/

Amy: Thanks Jennifer that's what we were aiming for with the song, I'm glad you like it and yup it would totally suck to be that girl, thank the lord that she's only fictional :P

Edited by user 21 January 2012 02:30:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#50 Posted : 21 January 2012 02:30:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Making The Best Out Of What I Never Had
Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop-Rock, Emo
Length: 3:26
Writer(s): Amy Meyer

‘Making The Best Out Of What I Never Had’ is a song by American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written in December 2011 by Amy Meyer, during the recording process of their 2012 sophomore album ‘Cradle To The Grave’ it follows on from the primary theme of the album which is loneliness. It’s one of the heavier songs from the album that makes full use of the Drums, Bass, Lead Guitar and Rhythm Guitar as well as the vocals from Amy Meyer. According to Amy, “This is basically us as a band, kinda proving that we can rock just as hard as anybody I guess. A lot of the time we put emphasis on the emotion and melody of the songs that we make, it may take a little of that power away from those songs but they’re still rock songs nevertheless but we figured we should just let go of everything on this track in particular and almost kinda channel our main rock influences.”

Song Description
The song opens with a drum beat from Nathan Mullen which is quickly followed by an onslaught of loud music with the Bass, Lead Guitar and Rhythm Guitar all providing the heavy atmosphere for this angry song, Amy’s vocals are as loud and aggressive as you’ll have ever heard from her so far, showing off her rock credentials during the chorus as she almost shouts down the microphone, unleashing an anger that hasn’t been heard all that often from Ms. Meyer. It’s one of the heavier songs from the album as the drums beat furiously throughout and a guitar riff midway through the song by Justin Mullen give it a much more aggressive feel, that and the aforementioned rock vocals from Amy give the song the power that perhaps we don’t hear all that much from Riot!, it’s almost like they’ve pushed as many of their rock influences into this song, lyrically it’s a relatively angry song about a lonely girl on the verge of ending it all and it seems like Amy’s has really become the character in the song while singing it.

Songwriter’s Comments
“This is basically us as a band, kinda proving that we can rock just as hard as anybody I guess. A lot of the time we put emphasis on the emotion and melody of the songs that we make, it may take a little of that power away from those songs but they’re still rock songs nevertheless but we figured we should just let go of everything on this track in particular and almost kinda channel our main rock influences. You know? It’s not so much about a catchy chorus or a sweet melody but more about power and anger and aggression, it was definitely a great release for me when I was doing the vocals on this track but I think lyrically it was kinda calling out for a more raw and unleashed backdrop to the lyrics and certainly the emotion is there from us within the song. Basically it’s about a girl, she sort of an outcast I guess and tired of the same old loneliness to the point where she can’t force herself to be happy anymore, it’s gone far beyond that for her and it’s now at the point where she’s ready to end it all because anything seems better than living that life and I think the opening lyrics best describe the theme of the song, “The Ticking Of The Clock Is The Soundtrack To My Mind”, I mean to me, that screams it out right away, it’s a song about loneliness as are most songs that I write, intentionally or unintentionally.”
- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics

The Ticking Of The Clock Is The Soundtrack To My Mind
The Place I’m In Is Empty And Dark
It’s My Thoughts That I Just Can’t Find
Like Everyone I’ve Ever Loved They Went Away In The End
But Instead I Just Continue Living
Alone Without A Friend
---
A Perfect Picture Framed On The Wall
Is Empty And Meaningless Just Like It All
Maybe I’m Just Bitter And Heartless And Nearing The End
But Somehow I Keep On Living And Learning To Pretend
So I’ll Just Shrug My Shoulders And Think “Oh Well”
But I Know Deep Inside
This Is My Living Hell
---
Well A Face, It Never Tells The Full Story You See
A Smile Is Worth Nothing When It’s Coming From Me
With Everything Bottled Deep Inside My Soul
I’m Worried It May Overcome Me Finally
And I’ll Just End It All
---
Because I’m Just Making The Best Out Of What I Never Had
I Can’t Feel Great, Happy Or Glad
They Say “Don’t Show Your Feelings Kid, It’s A Sign Of Being Weak”
I Don’t Want You To Tell Me How I Feel
When My Own Future Is Looking So Bleak
---
Scars Heal Over Time Or So They Say
Just Keep Holding On, Kid, You’ll Find Your Way
Everything Seems Like The End Of The World When You’re Young
But You Just Don’t See What I’ve Become
---
This Will End In Tragedy That I Can Promise
I’m Just The Girl With Nothing Who No One Will Miss
I’ve Thought About My Demise Many Times In The Past
One Shot Of A Gun, I’ll Make It Painless And Fast
It’s Got To The Point Where I Just Can’t Run
I’m Living In A Shell And Tired Of Feeling Numb
---
Because I’ve Been Making The Best Out Of What I Never Had
I Can’t Learn To Feel Great, Happy Or Glad
They Say “Don’t Show Your Feelings Kid, It’s A Sign Of Being Weak”
I Know How To Remove This Pain
My Future Is Brief
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 21/01/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/01/2012(UTC)
#51 Posted : 21 January 2012 02:48:06(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Ally: Uh hi..... bye.

Harmony: Did I ever mention that my grandma loves you all!? About the only thing that make her completely not hate me.

C4AJoh on 21/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#52 Posted : 21 January 2012 08:18:07(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Ally: Uh hi..... bye.

Harmony: Did I ever mention that my grandma loves you all!? About the only thing that make her completely not hate me.

Amy: Ummm ... Hi Bye ... Harmony your grandma must be the coolest old lady that ever existed :P
#53 Posted : 21 January 2012 08:26:46(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Harmony: Wait until your alone with her, then you'll change your mind.

C4AJoh on 24/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#54 Posted : 24 January 2012 03:51:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: My Revenge Is Your Death
Genre: Rock, Pop-Punk, Emo
Length: 5:14
Written: November 2011
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Jason Greenberg

‘My Revenge Is Your Death’ is a song from American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written in December 2011 by vocalist Amy Meyer and bassist Jason Greenberg, it’s a track from the band’s 2012 sophomore album, titled ‘Cradle To The Grave’. It’s described by Amy Meyer as “A teenage anthem sort of song, about anger and frustration.” It’s a song about revenge as the title proves and it’s a more powerful song from the band and possible one of the most guitar heavy songs from the band’s 2012 album. This song shows a darker songwriting approach from Amy Meyer as she says, “Lyrically it’s a really angry song, it’s got a lot more darker undertones to it”

Song Description
The song begins with a soft drum beat which increases slowly until the opening vocals from Amy Meyer as she speaks the opening lyrics to the song rather than singing them. The second verse begins with louder drums and the inclusion of both the electric guitar from Justin Mullen and the bass guitar from Jason Greenberg which infuses the music to create a powerful rock feel, replacing the often used melodic approach from the band with a much more raw and aggressive approach which accompanies the songs angry lyrics and Amy Meyer’s powerful rock vocals. The music maintains its power throughout and hits its ultimate peak during the first pre-chorus and chorus as a heavy lead guitar riff from Justin Mullen that brings to mind the opening riff to the Foo Fighters – Times Like These, it’s perfectly accompanied by Amy’s almost shouting vocals mid-way through the song as she shows the power of her vocals and lets out some of her anger and frustration that the lyrics so rightly promise.

The song finally begins to soften at the final pre-chorus and chorus while the music becomes more quiet and all that can be heard is the soft repetitive drum beat, Amy sings acapella once more in homage to the opening lines of the song as it appears almost as if she’s talking again rather than singing the final lyrics, “I’ll Be The First To Say That My Revenge Is Your Death/I’ll Cast A Dark Shadow Over You, And Watch Your Last Breath/I’ll Be The First To Say That My Revenge Is Your Death/And I’ll Be The First To Laugh As I Watch Your Dying Breath.” Which brings an eerie closing to the song.

Songwriter’s Comments
“For me this is kinda like a teenage anthem sort of song, it’s about anger and frustration. It’s about believing that someone is different but ultimately being disappointed when they come to the realisation that the person was actually just like everyone else or even worse, perhaps. Lyrically it’s a really angry song, it’s got a lot more darker undertones to it, I mean the title of the song says it all right? When I’m writing lyrics, I try to create a story, it’s important for that to come across in my lyrics and that’s what I’ve always looked to do. I’m pretty much the same as any other young person, I’m just trying to find my way and understand things that are big and scary, like everybody else, I don’t have the answers and I don’t think anyone can ever fully understand the world and how it works, so for me, scribbling down words on a notebook is my way of trying to make sense of how I’m feeling and trying to understand the world in someway.

I think that we’re really lucky to be in the position that we’re in because our fan base is pretty much the same age as each of us so I feel like we have a bigger connection with our fanbase than maybe others would, I think we’re always trying to write something that our fans can understand and relate to and for me personally, I’m always trying to write something that means something to someone, a song that a young guy or girl can listen to for the first time and kinda think, “Woah, that’s it, that’s exactly how I’m feeling.” And maybe things can make sense for them once again, I know certainly for me that’s what I’ve always looked for in music.”

- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics
All The Best Fairytale’s End In Heartbreak
All The Best Love Stories End In Tragedy
All The Best Songs Bring A Tear To Your Eye
All The Best Relationships Someday Die
---
But You Seemed So Different
And You Were Like A Shining Light
You Fought Your Way Into My Heart And You Made It Seem Alright
I Started Thinking It’s Too Good To Be True
Then I Opened My Eyes And I Saw The Real You
---
You Fought With My Friends And Asked Me To Choose
Well You Had This Coming, You Were Always Gonna Lose
Then You Took Me By My Arms And Held Me Close To The Edge
Promising Me That I’d Be Better Off Dead
But Before You Could Cause Any Harm, I Learn To Fight Back
Little Did You Know That I Knew How To Attack
---
The Destruction Of A Soul, Just Like An Earthquake
All The Best Stories End Tragically
I Should Have Broken Your Heart When You Were With Me
---
Well My Revenge Is Your Death
I’ll Cast A Shadow Over You, While I Watch Your Last Breath
My Revenge Is Your Death
And I’ll Smile As I Watch Your Last Breath
---
If I Could Watch You Bleed For Your Lack Of Grace
I’d Watch Forever With A Smile On My Face
In Fact, I’d Hand You The Knife And Encourage You To Start
It Would Be My Sick Form Of Revenge
And You’ll Regret Breaking My Heart
---
The Destruction Of A Soul, Just Like An Earthquake
All The Best Stories End Tragically
I Should Have Broken Your Heart When You Were With Me
---
I’ll Be The First To Say That My Revenge Is Your Death
I’ll Cast A Dark Shadow Over You, And Watch Your Last Breath
I’ll Be The First To Say That My Revenge Is Your Death
And I’ll Be The First To Laugh As I Watch Your Dying Breath
Famouss7x7 on 24/01/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#55 Posted : 24 January 2012 05:33:57(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Josh: "All The Best Fairytale’s End In Heartbreak, The Destruction Of A Soul, Just Like An Earthquake" - Truest lyrics ever written! I like the darkness on this track, its different and seriously kills!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 24/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#56 Posted : 25 January 2012 04:23:55(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Josh: "All The Best Fairytale’s End In Heartbreak, The Destruction Of A Soul, Just Like An Earthquake" - Truest lyrics ever written! I like the darkness on this track, its different and seriously kills!

Amy: Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Edited by user 25 January 2012 04:24:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#57 Posted : 25 January 2012 04:25:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Trying, Crying, Smiling And Dying
Genre: Alternative Rock, Rock, Emo
Length: 7:38
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Jason Greenberg, Adam Benjamin, Justin Mullen

‘Trying, Crying, Smiling And Dying’ is a song by American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written by Amy Meyer, Jason Greenberg, Adam Benjamin and Justin Mullen in December 2011, each member of the band with the exception took part in the writing process of the song, it’s a track from the band’s 2012, sophomore album, ‘Cradle To The Grave’ and at 7:38 minutes in length, it’s the longest track from the album. It’s a dark song which ties into the primary theme of the album, according to Amy, “Going into the recording process for the album I always knew that I wanted something a little darker this time around and I wanted to write that one song that could cut to the core and really take you the journey of a lost soul of sorts, I just wanted to do something that challenged me as a songwriter”

Song Description
A soft melancholic piano introduction from Amy Meyer opens the song with an eerie feel to it and it plays right the way through the whole song, it’s an extended introduction that lasts just over half a minute, quickly followed by the drums as Amy starts singing the first verse of the song, the other instruments are nowhere to be seen until the third verse when a guitar chord is struck and the music becomes more dramatic and powerful, the combination of the other instruments add to the feel of the song as it mixes emotion and power together, perfectly complementing the dark and eerie nature of the lyrics an electric guitar solo midway through the song adds to the dramatic spectacle but things soften after that and we go back to hearing just the piano, drums and vocals for the rest of the song. Amy’s vocals are as clear as ever, filled with emotion and sadness as she takes on the feelings of the character in the song, which provides this seven minute track with everything that it needs for it to work.

Songwriter’s Comments
“Going into the recording process for the album I always knew that I wanted something a little darker this time around and I wanted to write that one song that could cut to the core and really take you the journey of a lost soul of sorts, I just wanted to do something that challenged me as a songwriter and I think it was a really different way for me to write a song, definitely sitting with the guys and throwing some lyrics around the room was pretty new to me, I’m generally a solitary songwriter, I usually like to work on things alone and in my own time but with this track, we all sat around a table and worked on it and it took maybe four days to really finish up writing the song, it was kinda testing at times and it’s the first time we’ve really took on such a big epic of a song if you like. It’s definitely brought something else out of us when we wrote it and although none of us are in the exact situation in the song it’s definitely been an interesting song to write for us and I wouldn’t say it’s entirely fictional but I think that’s what could hopefully make people relate to the song. I don’t think you need to be on the verge of killing yourself to relate to the song but to be going through a difficult time in your life and struggling to be truly happy well perhaps this could become an anthem of sorts, who knows?
But we’re happy with how it turned out and I definitely think it’s one of the most interesting songs that we’ve written since we began.”
- Amy Meyer

Song Lyrics

What Are We Really Here For
Is It For Love Or Some Higher Power
So What Is The Real Meaning Of Existence
When I’m All Alone At This Ungodly Hour
Well There’s This Time Bomb Ticking Inside My Head
It’s Telling Me That I’ll Be Better Off Dead
I’m Thinking Of Jumping And I Wonder If Anyone Will Care
But I’ll Be Fine Because I Know
I’ll Be Closer To The Clouds Up There
---
So When Those Dark Thoughts Start Creeping Up On Me
I Look Around My Soul And See That It’s Empty
There’s Nothing More To Live For In This World So Cold
I Don’t Want To Be Alone And I Don’t Want To Grow Old
They Say It’s Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away
I Know That It’s Selfish But I Can’t Take Another Day
Of Feeling So Empty And Left Alone With My Thoughts
I’ll Take A Gun And Hold It To My Throat
---
So I’ll Just Close My Eyes And I’ll Count To Ten
I’ll Take A Deep Breath And I’ll Open Them Again
I’ll Feel My Knees As They Start Getting Weak
My Hands Are Shaking As The Tears Run Down My Cheek
I’ll Close My Eyes And Count Out Again
But I Can’t Pull The Trigger
I’m Still Alive When I Open Them
---
Why Can’t I Do This When There’s Nothing I Want More
To Feel My Body One Last Time As It Thunders To The Floor
The Echo Of The Floorboards Under The Weight Of My Lifeless Limbs
Is The Final Noise I Want To Hear
It’s The Final Noise I Want To Hear
But Something’s Stopping Me
Something More Than Fear
---
In A Moment Of Anger And Frustration With Myself
I’ll Stumble To The Kitchen And Take A Bottle From The Shelf
Resting On The Table Are The Three Things That I Need
The Pills To Lessen My Discomfort
A Pen And Paper For My Final Thoughts
And The Knife To Make Me Bleed
---
No One Can Stop Me Now That I’ve Made My Decision
I’ve Taken This Sharp Knife And I’ve Made The Incision
I Look At My Body In The Mirror As It’s Weak And It’s Dying
I’ve Never Been Perfect And I’ve Grown Tired Of Trying
I’ve Got Your Name Imprinted Inside Of My Mind
I’ve Never Really Been Important
I Knew I’d Be The One To Fall Behind
---
There’s A Knife In My Back, There’s Scars In My Soul
There’s Tears In My Eyes, And No One To Catch Me When I Fall
I Used To Smile At Strangers In The Hope That They Don’t See
The Pain That’s Eating At My Soul
The Pain That’s Slowly Been Killing Me
---
I’ve Always Hid Behind A Smile
Because Not All My Scars Show
But Not All Wounds Will Heal
And Sometimes You Can’t Always See
The Pain Someone Really Feels
---
I’ve Grown Too Weak To Continue
So With My Final Thoughts That I’ll Say To You
Will Be The Most Important Words I’ve Ever Said
I’ll Never Say Anything More True
---
I’m Tired Of Trying (People Just Hurt Me)
I’m Sick Of Crying (They Just Don’t See)
Yeah I’m Smiling (I’m Hiding How I Really Feel)
But Inside I’m Dying (Take This Pain Away From Me)
---
I’m Tired Of Trying, I’m Sick Of Crying
Yeah I Might Be Smiling, But Inside I’m Dying

Edited by user 26 January 2012 01:34:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#58 Posted : 26 January 2012 01:38:03(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Trading Love And Faith In The Aftermath Of Heartbreak
Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop-Rock, Emo
Length: 5:37
Writer(s): Adam Benjamin, Amy Meyer

‘Trading Love And Faith In The Aftermath Of Heartbreak’ is a song by American teenage rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. Written by rhythm guitarist Adam Benjamin and Amy Meyer in December 2011, it’s a track from the band’s 2012 sophomore album. It was written together by Adam Benjamin and Amy Meyer and shows a slightly different writing style, it’s a change from the band’s trademark of catchy choruses. At 5:37 minutes, it’s one of the longest tracks on the album and features a cello provided by Tamara Franklin and the Nevada county choir in backing vocals.

Song Description
A piano introduction performed by Adam Benjamin opens the song, quickly followed by a heavy guitar riff provided by Justin Mullen, backed up by a strong bass line by Jason Greenberg and rounded off with the drums of Nathan Mullen which pound furiously throughout. Amy’s vocals begin soft and emotional but quickly become louder and more aggressive, there’s a confidence as she sings about not needing anyone to make her happy and the music progresses powerfully throughout providing the perfect backdrop to the song, a cello can be heard briefly during the chorus as well as backing vocals from the Nevada county choir that adds to the atmosphere and places a powerful emphasis on the lyrics, “I’m trading love and faith in the aftermath of heartbreak/This defeated heart is destined to be alone/The girl that once needed to protected and loved/Well, she doesn’t need that anymore/So I’m trading love and faith in the aftermath of heartbreak/Those things I’m learning to live without.” The song continues at a powerful and fast pace but softens towards the end and closes out with the soft piano provided by Adam Benjamin.

Songwriters Comment
“Once you’ve found a particular way of writing that seems to work, it can always be difficult to break those habits and try something a little new, the writing style for this track is quite different from previous songs that we’ve created, I wrote this song with Amy, it’s tricky to write a song for a female vocalist to sing and especially with this, because it’s a song that I feel connected to, the primary theme of the song is realizing that we don’t need others to be happy, it’s creation has come from a period in my life that was, I wouldn’t say a little dark but it certainly made me question everything that I thought I once knew. Obviously Amy did have a hand in some parts of the song but the majority of the lyrics were created by myself, I was a little reluctant to share some things that I had written to begin with but I quickly realized that creating the album is a team effort and so I showed the lyrics that I had and the general idea to Amy and the guys and they liked it, right away they were all really enthusiastic about working on this song and Amy in particular was a pretty big cheerleader for the track, it fits into the general theme of the album throughout and yeah, they were all pretty happy with this song and once we tweaked it a little we knew we had something pretty great.”
- Adam Benjamin

Song Lyrics

Echo, echo can you still hear my voice
It may have faded a little over time but it’s still within me
While I may have lost the things I once had
The fire in my stomach has never burned more deeply
And since you went away and left me alone
Well, to cut a long story short
I’ve spent these last few years in the shadows
burying myself away until the perfect opportunity has arisen
---
So your happy now? You’ve found someone new
Well I guess it’s time for my revenge
Because your happiness is my cue
I’ll check myself in the mirror
to make sure my hair falls perfectly in place
I’ll wear the clothes you used to like
I’ll sit you down and look at you with a smile on my face
I’ll bite my bottom lip because I know you can’t resist it
Then you’ll move closer to me and I’ll slowly pull away
---
You’ll be thinking that you made a mistake
That I’m still the one for you
Your head will be all over the place
Torn between girl one and girl two
I’ll smile as I leave your home that night
I’ll have the closure that I’ve always needed
These last two years of loneliness and anger will slowly fade away
Well this is why
---
I’m trading love and faith in the aftermath of heartbreak
This defeated heart is destined to be alone
The girl that once needed to be protected and loved
Well, she doesn’t need that anymore
So I’m trading love and faith in the aftermath of heartbreak
Those things I’m learning to live without
---
See I don’t need your arms wrapped around me
I don’t need your heart beating with mine
I don’t need you to hold me close on those cold winter nights
I don’t need any of that this time
I’m learning something that’s completely new
Apparently it’s a thing called loneliness
but everything you’ve heard about that is untrue
---
Loneliness is underrated
you get full control of your own heart
Instead of relying on someone else to make things better
Only you can break it apart
See, it’s not that I hate people, I just feel better when they’re not around
I don’t find loneliness scary anymore
I think it’s meaningful and profound
---
I’m trading love and faith in the aftermath of heartbreak
This defeated heart is destined to be alone
The girl that once needed to be protected and loved
Well, she doesn’t need that anymore
So I’m trading love and faith in the aftermath of heartbreak
I don’t need anyone to make me happy
I can do that on my own these days

OOC: So that's the album finished, hopefully you guys enjoyed reading some of it and it wasn't a complete waste of time lol, Anyway thanks if you managed to read any of it, I appreciate it. :)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#59 Posted : 26 January 2012 02:18:10(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: I feel like I compliment you guys all the time, that it may get a little creepy. But still, something like this can't go unnoticed. Its incredible. As a whole, there are so many high points its hard to put my finger on one thing, although the lyrics area a standout. In a lot of pop-punk/rock, lyrics are well, bizarre at times. You kept your quality up the whole way, and credit goes to you all for that. Now, ive finally got something to blow my speakers with :)

OOC: Seriously good work on this!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#60 Posted : 30 January 2012 03:43:44(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: I feel like I compliment you guys all the time, that it may get a little creepy. But still, something like this can't go unnoticed. Its incredible. As a whole, there are so many high points its hard to put my finger on one thing, although the lyrics area a standout. In a lot of pop-punk/rock, lyrics are well, bizarre at times. You kept your quality up the whole way, and credit goes to you all for that. Now, ive finally got something to blow my speakers with :)

OOC: Seriously good work on this!

Amy: No no, creepy is gooood :) Haha, thanks man, I'm glad you enjoyed the album, hope you have fun listening to it.

OOC: Thanks :)