logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 07 September 2014 15:44:27(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage
TITLE: Blah Blah Blah
ARTIST: Sara Daniels
WRITERS: Sara Daniels
LENGTH: 3:38
GENRE: Pop, pop rock, pop punk
PRODUCER: Reza Vranitzky
LABEL: Titanic Records
RELEASED: September 7th, 2014

Sara takes her fifth - and final - single before her debut album to poke fun at not only some men on dates, but - on a deep level - also some women in the way that they approach dating. The song has a much more pop-influenced than the other singles have been, causing many people to scratch their heads in wonder at what Sara Daniels is trying to present now. The song so far has confused many of Sara's avid fans, but she has a reason for this...

What has probably confused fans the most is that the attitude of the song is much different from the attitude that Sara normally displays to her fans through her social media interactions with them, and also through her previous songs. Many people could take this as a sign that Sara Daniels is selling out and becoming more mainstream - giving into the idea that the quickest way to become popular is to have an aggressive, antagonistic response to people, causing bad publicity. Like the old saying goes, any publicity is good publicity, and several stars seem to live by this code nowadays. But for Sara Daniels, that wasn't the point of this song.

"This is me making fun of the whole dating world in general," Sara says about the song. "I was single for a long time before I started dating the person I'm dating now. Most dates were nice, of course, but a lot of my dates went usually the same way: The guys just wanted to talk about themselves all the time, bragging about their cars and their summer houses... I'm sure to some women, that's really impressive, but it takes a lot more than just money to impress somebody like me. In fact, I think it takes a lot more than just money to impress anybody with substance." Sara Daniels recently started dating lead singer of alternative rock band Penetralia, Koda Espinosa, who has saved her from what she refers to as the 'nine circles of dating hell.' "This doesn't just apply to men, of course. This song could easily be a man singing this to a woman. The problem is that we're so caught up in the idea that we're judged by how much we make, or how much that we can contribute, that people forget that they have other things to offer. That's probably the biggest mistake that you can make in a relationship. It's not fair for you, and it's definitely not fair to the person you're dating." But that's not the only thing Sara decided to comment on in the song. She could easily have written a song with her normal - more alternative rock - type of music if she only wanted the focus to be on the emphasis put on money in relationships. She had a reason for giving it such a pop vibe.

"I wanted to make a point that the problem is on both sides. When our dates act rude, our immediately reaction is to act rude as well. I get it, I've done it so many times before. But two wrongs don't make a right. There's a real lack of sensitivity in the dating world now, and I think anybody who is single could agree with me on that. That's why first dates are always so nerve-wracking and difficult: You don't know if the person you're going to be on a date with is going to be nice or not. They might accept everything that you present to them and have a good time; or they might completely reject you and be rude. I think the people who listen to this song are going to be really divided on whose side they take in the song, and it will all depend on their own experiences in dating: Will they take the side of the person singing the song, who has been on too many bad dates to handle another one, and is choosing to end the date early to avoid another boring night - or will they take the side of the person that the song is being sung to, who is presenting their personality and is getting rejected for it? Both people are at fault in the song, but I think it says a lot about somebody's dating history on what they take out of this track."

The song dances around the pop rock feeling that Sara has brought to the table with most of her songs, but tends to stay more in the pop realm, which helps display the lyrics that seem almost whiny and demeaning - depending on how you take the song. Sara seems to take on a completely different personality in the song, like she's playing a character - which technically she is. In a way, this song could really hurt her career for the people who don't understand the comments she's trying to make - or it could really help her career, seeing that she's smart enough and capable of using her craft to comment on the world around her, and confident enough in her abilities and fans that this won't hurt her too much if it does flop. In the radio edit of the song, "fuck" is edited out in all of the choruses, and in the bridge. The curse word is replaced by an "ah!" from Sara, at the same pitch as the word would be in the album version of the song. She chose to keep a sound in that section rather than just leaving a moment of vocal silence, feeling that the character that she's trying to portray in the song wouldn't censor herself with silence if she had to, but would rather use an emotional noise to express what she's trying to let her boring date know.

Producer Reza Vranitzky - is mostly known working with alternative, indie, and experimental artists - had most recently worked with Austin Nimmo on his debut album Fearless, and brought some of what she learned from working on that pop album to producing this song. "This was the best kind of song for me to work on," Reza said, "because not only did I get to use some of my experimental genre expertise, but I got to bring some of the experience I had from Austin Nimmo's album into this song to almost satirize the genre. Both projects were great to work with, but songs like 'Blah, Blah, Blah' are the types of songs that I love working on."

What?
You call me by the wrong name
What? What?
You think this is just some game

See your mouth moving
But you won't let me do the same
Just please stop talking
I want to leave, and you're to blame (uh huh)

But all you say is blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
I couldn't give a fuck
All I hear is just some sound
Like you are everything that I hate
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

Ending this, ending this date, and before it's too late
Ending this, ending this date, before it's too late
Ending this, ending this date, I just can't wait

What
Did you ask me out for (huh?)
I can't believe someone could be such a bore
You're such a bore!

What now?
I can't believe this is really how you behave
I'm right here
But you keep talking and you're driving me insane
*laughs*

I couldn't give a fuck
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

Ending this, ending this date

I couldn't give a fuck
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

All your opinions? Keep them to yourself
This date has effected my mental health
Wouldn't it be easier to just stay single? Take the night off?
You'd be alright if you would shut the hell up, back the fuck off

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
I couldn't give a fuck
You tell me one more time about your car
I swear, I'll bite your head off
I know I'm sounding mean, but you're like no one else
You have so much left to say, you can't keep it to yourself! (Ah!)

I couldn't give a fuck
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

I couldn't give a fuck
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

SOUNDS LIKE:
Ashlee Simpson - Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)

thanks 9 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 07/09/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 07/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 07/09/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 07/09/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2 Posted : 07 September 2014 21:45:06(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kellin: Wow, talk about an attitude, eh? I loved the real emotion behind this. Too much music these days doesn't have that, but you manage to put a real punch in your music that I really believe. Loved it.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 07 September 2014 21:49:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Koda: Yeah ... I made $20 last year, I drive a gremlin and my summer house is a two man tent, pretty impressive, huh? ;) wanna hook-up?? Well this came out like a bolt from the blue, so impressive too! The confidence and swagger, (believe me I did not want to use that word, ew) but it's awesome, you really killed it yet again! Wonderful, super-proud of ya! :)
Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 07 September 2014 23:18:07(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: LOVE this, sweetie! The lyrics are so fun and playful, yet full of attitude and energy. I love any female artist who's feisty and has that rock edge to her music, so I'm all over you. If I've still got an ear for hit singles, I'm positive this will become one. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline erich hess  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2014 00:23:24(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erich: this woman must have stock in whatever company makes sass. she is too sassy for pants. i dont think i have ever seen her legs covered. the pant legs would probably catch fire until they end up as hot pants...get it? HOT pants! i kill me.

karoliena:some day,someone probably will if you keep making those jokes.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 08 September 2014 02:30:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: My favorite Sara Daniels song to date! Literally fangirling right now. Really awesome track!!:P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina Lake • Aubrey Mikkel • Sabina • James Urie • Austin Nimmo • Mandy Williams • The Wolverines
• Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • Miami• BYS • Naomi • Suzie • Aaron Styles • Cory Dionne • The Kittens
• Brittany Knox • Dennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT Rodriguez • Jay-C •Nick Urie • PRÓXIMO

Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 08 September 2014 02:46:08(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Kellin: Wow, talk about an attitude, eh? I loved the real emotion behind this. Too much music these days doesn't have that, but you manage to put a real punch in your music that I really believe. Loved it.

Sara: Hahaha, I come off like a really passionate jerk in this song, don't I? Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you enjoyed it! I'll make sure that all of my songs have that 'real punch' in them! Hahahah!
Offline snap_itshannah  
#8 Posted : 08 September 2014 02:47:13(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Koda: Yeah ... I made $20 last year, I drive a gremlin and my summer house is a two man tent, pretty impressive, huh? ;) wanna hook-up?? Well this came out like a bolt from the blue, so impressive too! The confidence and swagger, (believe me I did not want to use that word, ew) but it's awesome, you really killed it yet again! Wonderful, super-proud of ya! :)

Sara: Mmmm, that's the kind of man I want to be with! ;) Hahahah, thank you so much, Koda! It really means a lot that you're proud of me and that you like my music! :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#9 Posted : 08 September 2014 02:49:10(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Nadia: LOVE this, sweetie! The lyrics are so fun and playful, yet full of attitude and energy. I love any female artist who's feisty and has that rock edge to her music, so I'm all over you. If I've still got an ear for hit singles, I'm positive this will become one. :)

Sara: Awww, Nadia, thank you! :) I tried to let my feisty nature come out in this song, so I'm glad it showed and really paid off! You've had so many hit singles so far, I hope some of your magic rubs off on me and this turns into one as well. If you're positive, then I'm positive. :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#10 Posted : 08 September 2014 02:50:30(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
erich: this woman must have stock in whatever company makes sass. she is too sassy for pants. i dont think i have ever seen her legs covered. the pant legs would probably catch fire until they end up as hot pants...get it? HOT pants! i kill me.

karoliena:some day,someone probably will if you keep making those jokes.

Sara: Rawr! Hahahah, kidding. Thank you! And I promise I'll cover my legs on my next cover. Both you and my parents are getting on to me about that... :P
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
erich hess on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#11 Posted : 08 September 2014 02:52:29(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: My favorite Sara Daniels song to date! Literally fangirling right now. Really awesome track!!:P

OOC: Awww, thank you so much, Jaime! :)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#12 Posted : 08 September 2014 07:42:24(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Wow, I'm practically almost speechless over here. This song is perfect! I'm so proud of you label mate. :)

Ooc: Terrific job on the lyrics. This is my new favorite song by her.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline snap_itshannah  
#13 Posted : 08 September 2014 08:00:31(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Kourtney: Wow, I'm practically almost speechless over here. This song is perfect! I'm so proud of you label mate. :)

Ooc: Terrific job on the lyrics. This is my new favorite song by her.

Sara: Oh man! Thank you so much, label mate! ;) I'm so glad that this song went over well.

OOC: That means so much to me. I was soooo nervous about this song, because the whole pop genre is way out of my depth. Thank you so much! :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#14 Posted : 08 September 2014 08:16:17(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Chris: Lets me just say I'm sorry if I took anyone on a bad date and they have connection to write a song about me. I don't talk that much, I'm actually a shy person. and I'm going to shut up right now but another song come out about "someone" is bed in the bedroom too.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#15 Posted : 08 September 2014 08:20:54(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Chris: Lets me just say I'm sorry if I took anyone on a bad date and they have connection to write a song about me. I don't talk that much, I'm actually a shy person. and I'm going to shut up right now but another song come out about "someone" is bed in the bedroom too.

Sara: I don't know much about you, but I'm sure nobody has ever written a bad song about you. I'm sure you're really sweet. Thanks for the listen! :)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#16 Posted : 08 September 2014 08:22:41(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: Yes I really like this show that boy who's boss!!
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#17 Posted : 08 September 2014 08:29:50(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Amy-Jayne: Yes I really like this show that boy who's boss!!

Sara: Hahahah, thank you, Amy-Jayne! :) I feel bad for any guy I've gone on a date with who thinks that this song is directed towards them...
Offline mebeme101  
#18 Posted : 08 September 2014 17:50:11(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jacob: Too many dates like this which is why I've been keeping to myself lol you know you're like a little fireball and that's awesome this song is so good and I know it's going to be stuck in my head until I cover it which again is a good thing lol
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#19 Posted : 09 September 2014 01:13:55(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Jacob: Too many dates like this which is why I've been keeping to myself lol you know you're like a little fireball and that's awesome this song is so good and I know it's going to be stuck in my head until I cover it which again is a good thing lol

Sara: The fact that somebody is even considering covering one of my songs makes me so happy! Hehehe! I know, I hate bad dates, and that's why I was single for so long. You'll find a non-boring date soon, I'm sure of it. :) Thank you for listening!