logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 22 March 2024 02:24:07(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Selfish
Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Avant-pop, Electropop
Length: 3:21
Label: La Familia
Written By: Amy-Jayne
Produced By: Kyle Shearer, Chris Lyon
Taken From The Album: Evolution

”Selfish” is the third single to be lifted from Amy-Jayne’s third studio album ”Evolution”, the single is the follow up to her hugely successful single ”Drove Me Cry” which gave Amy her third #1 single. ”Selfish” is set for release on March 21st 2024 through La Familia. The track was written by the 33-year-old herself with production being handled by Kyle Shearer and Chris Lyon. The track has a total runtime of three minutes and twenty-one seconds.

The track sees Amy back into the more pop realm but overall still remains in the rock/alternative territory that her previous singles from this era have had. The track discusses being selfish in a relationship but takes it from both sides of the relationship, being that both Amy and her significant other are both being selfish within the relationship, but ultimately leads to Amy thinking that the relationship ultimately is toxic and is not worth fighting for.

Unlike her previous single ”Selfish” has received positive reviews from music critics with many stated that this song is a return to form for the single despite her previous single still topping the charts Emma Barton of NME wrote in her review. “Ok this is much more an Amy track than her last single it's just poppy enough to feel like an Amy track and honestly the melody of this track is fire!” Ben McAdams of digitally wrote in his review which he gave the track a 9/10. “Honestly when her last single hit #1 I was super surprised but it shows she has got one heck of a fan base, this track however definitely has a much more radio friendly sound and my god has she come to slay with this one, from the lyrics to the production this is just too notch.” Erika Maxwell of Idolitor wrote on her review. “Okay this isn't another #1 single I am gonna riot because this track totally deserve to be a #1 hit, this is funky despite the lyrical content and that's what Amy has become known for during this era, honestly this is her best era of her career and that's a feat in itself considering she's now over a decade into her career, this is pop/alternative perfection I am so here for it.” Damien Ross wrote in his 8/10 review. “Damn this era is exploring so many different genres and sounds I am worried this album which these singles have been released from is gonna be a complete clusterfuck, but “Selfish” should have totally have been the lead single because this track is everything and more from from the lyrics to the melody right the way down to her vocal delivery it's just perfection, will it confuse some of her new found fans after her metal infused previous single maybe, but old school Amy fans are gonna eat this up!”

Amy on “Selfish” wrote:
Okay single number three brings me back to a more neutral pop sound but still has a little rock vibe, this track wasn't easy to right…if you couldn't guess by the lyrically content it's about the breakdown and selfish nature of my relationship with Dominic, but I didn't want it to be a sad soppy breakup track, I got together with the producers and decided to make it an upbeat breakup anthem, so that is it guys single three and beware my album is going to start streaming online very soon!

Selfish

We fell in deep, deeper than the ocean,
We rise in sky, higher than the atmosphere,
Our loves ruin, faster than a bullet,
Our mind blank, darker than the night,
You know what we do when we hold hands,
Only the hands hold but not our hearts,

We know what we always sadly do
We torturing us thats what we do
We wants to seperate yes we do

Am I selfish for wanting me time?
Am I selfish for loving me more?
Am I selfish for trying to fix us?
Are you selfish for wanting your time?
Are you selfish for loving me less?
Are you selfish for saying you're lonely?
Guess we both selfish

We float on water, lighter than air,
We fought on the daily, harder than the rain
We lost forever, longer than the Zelda
You know what can we do to survive this,
To survive we need to look at our credentials

We know what we always sadly do
We torturing us thats what we do
We want to seperate yes we do

Guess we both selfish, yuh

So why we're leavin? There's gotta be a reason
So why we're quitting? There's gotta be evidence
You are the fire and I am the gasoline,
We're clearly, not meant together

So who's the selfish, is it one of us?! (yuh, yuh)
So who's the wrong one, is it you or me?! (hm, hm)
No the selfish is the one who is selfish,
We both just trapped by thought that's called selfish

Sel - sel - selfish
Sel - sel - selfish
Sel - sel - selfish
Selfish does not define us,
But what we does define selfish

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/03/2024(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/03/2024(UTC), Head South Records on 22/03/2024(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/03/2024(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/03/2024(UTC), Welat65 on 06/04/2024(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 23 March 2024 22:15:42(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8571 time(s) in 2687 post(s)
Maliah Aguilar: YES! My pop and RnB Queen is back on her vibe. I love how you experimented on “Drove Me Crazy” and you can see parts of that still on this track, but I love that you’ve gone back to what you do best on this one. I love the message behind this track, sometimes you gotta put yourself first and be a little selfish. Self-care is the 2024 vibe right now and I love that you and this track have now become my anthem for this year already! Keep doing you Queen and I will keep worshipping!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 25/03/2024(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#3 Posted : 24 March 2024 07:50:25(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Tisha: Bitch.... You SNAPPED. love love!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 25/03/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 01 April 2024 11:27:20(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Maliah Aguilar: YES! My pop and RnB Queen is back on her vibe. I love how you experimented on “Drove Me Crazy” and you can see parts of that still on this track, but I love that you’ve gone back to what you do best on this one. I love the message behind this track, sometimes you gotta put yourself first and be a little selfish. Self-care is the 2024 vibe right now and I love that you and this track have now become my anthem for this year already! Keep doing you Queen and I will keep worshipping!

Amy: Thank you so much for the kind words, yeah this track wasn't the easiest for me to write but it needed to be said. I am so happy that you are loving it!

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: Bitch.... You SNAPPED. love love!

Amy: Coming from you this means a lot, thank you Queen!
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2024 02:21:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19125 time(s) in 7593 post(s)
Layla: Omgggg I absolutely love this, girl!! Really captures the feeling of a breakdown in a relationship when all the questions start whirring around in your brain and you have to take a step back to really see things for what they are and weigh up your options. Sometimes you gotta be a little "selfish" and focus on yourself for your own good. Love it, Amy!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 02/04/2024(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 07 April 2024 23:16:49(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Layla: Omgggg I absolutely love this, girl!! Really captures the feeling of a breakdown in a relationship when all the questions start whirring around in your brain and you have to take a step back to really see things for what they are and weigh up your options. Sometimes you gotta be a little "selfish" and focus on yourself for your own good. Love it, Amy!

Amy: Thank you girl, yeah this wasn't an easy one to write but I am glad that it captured what I intended it too, glad you are loving the track hun!

UserPostedImage