logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#221 Posted : 06 July 2012 02:38:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8574 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
Alicia: I'll be looking forward to the album, I'm sure it'll be a huge success :)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#222 Posted : 15 February 2014 08:55:06(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: February 14, 2014
Format: Digital download
Genre: R&B
Length: 4:49
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Writer(s): Dominic Brown
Producer(s): Dominic Brown, Max Martin, Layla Raine

Background Info
“MEMO” is a song by American R&B singer and dancer Dominic Brown from his upcoming extended play, "Unrequited Love." The new single was scheduled to be released last month along with the EP being released in February but unfortunately both were pushed back. "Unrequited Love" is scheduled to be released sometime this summer with the album, "Domino Effect," to follow thereafter in the fall. Brown plans to give fans a little taste of what his upcoming sophomore album will sound like and what they can expect from the now 21 year old. "MEMO" is the first single off the EP and showcases a fresh new sound and direction by Brown. "I've been away from the music industry for a couple of years now and so I've had a lot of time to grow up and mature. I had to deal with a lot of different situations and I feel that I'm a bit more experienced now because of them. Now that I'm back in the industry I'm ready to share those experiences in my music and go in a new direction. I know for sure that when my fans listen to my new stuff they'll notice a big difference from my earlier stuff and now. This new single, especially, is very special to me because it's just different from anything that I've ever done and I hope that everyone will love it as much as I do."

Song Description
The old-school R&B track was written and produced by Brown along with Max Martin and Layla Raine. The song is a midtempo banger with plenty of hand claps and has a beat reminiscent of an island. Brown starts off the smooth, two-step track with some signature Michael Jackson vocals, but then quickly breaks out singing: "My heart felt numb girl / our love was shattered / I couldn't see straight but / you broke the pattern / When I was hung up / left to feel the pain / You helped me move on / you really kept me sane." Lyrically, Brown sings about feeling heartache after a break up but eventually gets over it when he meets a new woman. It's rumored that the song could possibly be a love song for Brown's fiance, Tanya Stephenson, as she helped him to get over his former girlfriend, Tisha Jackson, just last year. Brown has neither come forward nor denied the rumors but nonetheless, we are glad to have him back. With Valentine's Day being today, this new serenade from Brown or whatever you want to call it certainly arrived at just the right time.

[Verse 1:]
My heart felt numb girl, our love was shattered
I couldn't see straight but, you broke the pattern
When I was hung up, left to feel the pain
You helped me move on, you really kept me sane
Love how you get me, and how you complete me
Girl, this time it's meant to be
Babe, don't wanna take this slow

[Hook:]
Cause every day you keep me in control
Can't stop chasin' after you, gotta make this right
You know I want your love tonight
I want so much more
Won't hold off my heart this time

[Chorus: x2]
I'm here to stay oooooooo-oooo-oooo
Can't live without yoooooouuuu-oooo-oooo
Will never let you gooooooo-oooo-oooo
Only thinkin' bout yoooooouuuu-oooo-oooo

[Verse 2:]
I'm amazed by what you do, you return my love back
You make me better, girl don't want to backtrack
So glad I found you, you keep a smile on my face
And your love means everything to me
I'd spend forever with you
Love how you get me, and how you complete me
Girl, this time it's meant to be
Babe, don't wanna take this slow

Cause every day you keep me in control
Can't stop chasin' after you, gotta make this right
You know I want your love tonight
I want so much more
Won't hold off my heart this time

[Bridge:]
Ohhhh-oh-oh-ohhhh, won't ever let you out of sight
And we can't let anyone come between us babe, babe
You brought me back to life
Don't worry about a thing cause...

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 31 March 2014 08:09:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 9 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/02/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/02/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/02/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 15/02/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/02/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 16/02/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 16/02/2014(UTC), Walton on 16/02/2014(UTC), kandii on 13/03/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#223 Posted : 15 February 2014 09:09:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Kato: My boy, it's been so long but I'm glad to hear you back in the studio! I already told you I loved this song and it's a banger. I'll be right here when you dominate haha.

Honor: OMG, thought you died or something. Finally, music from you. What took you so long? Oh yeah, new fiance, I understand you. Had to secure her right? Make sure she didn't run off when you got back to work? :P Love this! Although, the lyrics are a bit cheesy, it's cute :O *Dances*

OOC: Nice job :) Came out great, jaja.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 15/02/2014(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#224 Posted : 15 February 2014 12:26:47(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Naomi: Yess finally new music from you I'm so happy been waiting so long this song is amazing great I'm so excited for the EP and album

OOC: Great job on everything here buddy it all looks great :)

Edited by user 15 February 2014 12:27:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 16/02/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#225 Posted : 16 February 2014 00:01:32(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Barbarian: Welcome back! We all missed you a great ton! This is a great comeback! :)

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#226 Posted : 16 February 2014 01:59:03(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Vara: This song is sooooooo cheesy, but I guess you have to be cheesy when you make your comeback on Valentine's Day, right? You have to stand out from all the other bullshit of the holiday. At least your bullshit is pretty good sounding. Good job, Dominic. Try not to disappear again.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#227 Posted : 16 February 2014 02:04:24(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Vanity: You most definitely did put this out at the right time, talk about capitalising on the lovesick bitches out there, you cruel, cruel man. I'd probably do the same... looks to be another hit for you though, music this catchy is NOT healthy for my soul. ;(
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#228 Posted : 16 February 2014 02:10:33(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Elyar: Bro this is a tune so glad that your back :)

OOC - these lyrics are great well done with the RP as well
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#229 Posted : 16 February 2014 05:28:44(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Austin: Awesome track man! I remember you were topping the charts when I was still uploading Youtube videos. Its good to see you back man, music needs your presence haha. Nice track here man, looking forward to that,EP

OOC: Finally! Lol, nice work all around :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#230 Posted : 16 February 2014 06:46:14(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: Dominic is very talented and the song shows that. He seems like a a very dude so I glad he came back from where ever he was to make more great music.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
#231 Posted : 16 February 2014 07:21:02(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Kato: My boy, it's been so long but I'm glad to hear you back in the studio! I already told you I loved this song and it's a banger. I'll be right here when you dominate haha.

Honor: OMG, thought you died or something. Finally, music from you. What took you so long? Oh yeah, new fiance, I understand you. Had to secure her right? Make sure she didn't run off when you got back to work? :P Love this! Although, the lyrics are a bit cheesy, it's cute :O *Dances*

OOC: Nice job :) Came out great, jaja.

Dominic: Preciate that homie. Don't think they ready, Tric-Jam bout to take over.

Ooc: Thanks. ^_^

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Naomi: Yess finally new music from you I'm so happy been waiting so long this song is amazing great I'm so excited for the EP and album

OOC: Great job on everything here buddy it all looks great :)

Dominic: Haha yea, sorry about that ma. I'm back though for good so you can rest easy now.

Ooc: Thanks buddy! :D

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Barbarian: Welcome back! We all missed you a great ton! This is a great comeback! :)

Dominic: Thank you. Glad you like it. We need to team up sometime though. Make something dope. Get at me.

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Vara: This song is sooooooo cheesy, but I guess you have to be cheesy when you make your comeback on Valentine's Day, right? You have to stand out from all the other bullshit of the holiday. At least your bullshit is pretty good sounding. Good job, Dominic. Try not to disappear again.

Dominic: Can't promise that cause life happens so we'll see.

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Vanity: You most definitely did put this out at the right time, talk about capitalising on the lovesick bitches out there, you cruel, cruel man. I'd probably do the same... looks to be another hit for you though, music this catchy is NOT healthy for my soul. ;(

Dominic: You know how I love to please the ladies lol but yeah, thank you.

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Elyar: Bro this is a tune so glad that your back :)

OOC - these lyrics are great well done with the RP as well

Dominic: Preciate that. I'll be looking out for when you drop something.

Ooc: Thanks. :)

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Austin: Awesome track man! I remember you were topping the charts when I was still uploading Youtube videos. Its good to see you back man, music needs your presence haha. Nice track here man, looking forward to that,EP

OOC: Finally! Lol, nice work all around :)

Dominic: Haha thanks. Heard some of yo stuff too. It's dope. Keep it up. If you need a producer or something for your album hit me up.

Ooc: I know, I know lol. It took so long but finally got around to doing it. Hopefully I can keep it up lol. Thanks. :)

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: Dominic is very talented and the song shows that. He seems like a a very dude so I glad he came back from where ever he was to make more great music.

Dominic: Thank you. Even though I've been gone, I've been paying attention to what's been going on. You got mad skills. Wouldn't mind working with ya in the future. Let me know.

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/02/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#232 Posted : 16 February 2014 12:28:55(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity: I'm in absolute awe of this new song. The lyrics are so beautiful and eargasmic. Great Valentine's Day song and welcome back Dominic. The world has been waiting for quite some time now.
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 17/02/2014(UTC)
#233 Posted : 27 May 2014 05:52:14(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

5/26/14: Team Dominic! Tune in Saturday May 31st to watch Dominic perform "MEMO" and his upcoming new single, "Don't Wait Up," with pop/r&b artist, Kato, live at the eight annual Chaos Awards. The single will be available to download Saturday at midnight on iTunes!
- Management

UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 27/05/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/05/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2014(UTC)
#234 Posted : 02 June 2014 13:23:42(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: June 1, 2014
Format: Digital download
Genre: R&B, Hip Hop
Length: 4:52
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Writer(s): Dominic Brown, Katriel Comyns
Producer(s): Rico Love, Layla Raine

Background Info
'Don't Wait Up' is an R&B, Hip Hop track by American R&B singer Dominic Brown and Pop singer Katriel Comyns, known by his stage name Kato. The song was written by Brown and Comyns and produced by Rico Love and Layla Raine. The song came about when Brown and Comyns were in the studio together, working on tracks that would possibly spark a collaboration. It is rumored this is one of a few collaborative tracks the pair have done together. The track has more of a laid back and sultry R&B feel to it with some elements of hip hop flowing in the verses, as it's sung/talked through. Critics praise the track saying it's perfect for the both of them, even Kato, who has always leaned more towards the Pop side of life. They also comment on the natural chemistry from the pair and "there's no forced pushing of two singers together just for the sole purpose of trying to get a hit off of the names."

Song Description
The track starts with a sultry synth like sound which is then joined by a computerized drum beat. Dominic starts off singing the hook of the song, repeating the line 'Don't wait up' throughout it. There's not much variation in the beat at all but nonetheless, the track has a great R&B feel to it, something that suits both singers. When he sings the first verse, there's an air of cockiness as well as some male bravado working it's way from his tone. Kato's verse comes in and he carries the same swagger as Dominic. The lyrics focuses mainly on the admiration for another lover while trying to get over the other. Dominic and Kato explain how they have found more happiness with their new significant others compared to their past ones who didn't appreciate them the way a girlfriend should. "She be tryna play me / Well I'm done with the games / Baby girl got another in your place / Cus that's how we do (So don't wait up)." In the third verse, Kato takes it by himself as he transitions into a more rap-like tone, where he continues to gush about his new girlfriend. "Got a new chick now / Talk about the baddest, referring to her / And she can't wait to tell the world 'bout us." The track ends with the beat continuing on as Dominic's voice being heard while the track finishes.

darkblue=Dominic purple=Kato

Don't wait up
Don't wait, don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
She be tryna play me
Well I'm done with the games
Baby girl got another in your place
Cus that's how we do (So don't wait up)

[Verse 1:]
You were always up to something
and I could feel it from the start (Don't wait up)
You knew I would fall and give you all of my heart (Don't wait up)
I should have realized the games you try to play
Yeah you hurt me bad, but I'm on to you
Don't wait up
When you stayed out partin' with your girls I didn't even trip on you (Don't wait up)
You started slippin and your lies caught up to you (Don't wait up)
Girl I held you down
Could at least tell me the truth
You wasted my time now I'm glad we're through

Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
She be tryna play me
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't pretend like you want me
But then act like we ain't nothing
But Imma keep my cool and do me
While you at home doing you

[Verse 2:]
Got her in the mood now
Take a selfie before we leave (Don't wait up)
She ride up front
The realest in the car plus me (Don't wait up)
Cus we about to do things, put this track on repeat
Don't you try to even compete (Don't wait up)
Don't call my phone
Ain't nothing at home imma miss (Don't wait up)
When I be all around you
Can't even give me a kiss (Don't wait up)
What you think I was asleep?
What you think I was asleep?
When you pushed me to the side
Cuffed a new wifey

[Hook]
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
She be tryna play me
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up

[Verse 3:]
Got a new chick now
She make me wanna think about settling down
Buy her anything
But she be shopping for me too
Throw the purple lingerie on and got her in my room
So don't wait up
Talk about the baddest, referring to her
She don't fuss and she don't fight
And she can't wait to tell the world 'bout us
She don't mind tryna spoil me
We be treating each other like royalty
Weekends we in the V.I.Ps
Taking pictures of us like she paparazzi
Sometimes she like get nasty
But she know how to behave in public cus she's classy
Matching cars and custom made seats
Now me and you don't even speak

[Hook]
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
She be tryna play me
Don't wait up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up

Don't wait up

Don't wait up

So don't wait up

Sounds Like:

Download The New Single 'Don't Wait Up' Now On iTunes!

thanks 6 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 02/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/06/2014(UTC), FiveT on 02/06/2014(UTC), kandii on 03/06/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/06/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#235 Posted : 02 June 2014 13:52:55(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
erica:i know the lyrics are the most romantic,but something about the delivery....yes,i want to be taken now.

nina:love,you say that about the spongebob theme.

erica:i love to love.

nina: me too. sorry,but the postman pat theme does it for me.

erica: you are weird and that leads to creativity.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 03/06/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#236 Posted : 02 June 2014 17:49:41(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: Was I supposed to wait up? Fuckin' 'ell. Consider this reviewed.

Daisy: Sexy or whit? Tell ye whit likes, I need a man who knows how to be in control like that, eh? ;)
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/06/2014(UTC), kandii on 03/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 03/06/2014(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#237 Posted : 03 June 2014 00:03:10(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Tanya: How couldn't I love this song? It's too good. ^_^

Joey: Cool song, man. Gotta dedicate this to all my exes!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 2 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 03/06/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/06/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#238 Posted : 03 June 2014 19:36:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: I rap Kato's part eaaaach time and get it wrong lol. This song, ironically, makes me have fun haha. Great job you two, I call for more!

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 04/06/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#239 Posted : 04 June 2014 00:46:29(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Vara: Hey, look at that, Dominic. I told you not to punk out and disappear again, and you didn't! The song was pretty good, although I was about to shoot myself by the third hook. Like, "Don't wait up, okay, got it, great. You don't have to say it again." But all the verses were, ya know, cool, so good job there. Overall alright song.
thanks 2 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#240 Posted : 04 June 2014 01:34:31(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: Ohh young boys makes it all naughty and hot... nssty. HAHAHAAAS!!!! SO FUNNY. Anywho... really loveky performance at Chaos. Loved the crazy enrrgy. I was SPAZZZINGGGGGGGG IN THE AUDIENCE!! Just fucking spazzing in the talent I saw on that stage. Good jobs dolls.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Moquel for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/06/2014(UTC)