logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 04 September 2011 05:57:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Perfectly Me

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Ever since her return to music, Isabel has been an undeniable force in the industry. She's scored her first #1 hit with the summer dance single, Lose It (Summer's Not Hot), her videos have already broken records on the Music Box, she continues to amaze her fans and other artists and she does it all so humbly. It's hard to believe that she's only 18 years old! So how do you continue the success? With an amazing second album of course! Isabel's return may have started off a little slow but she shows no signs of slowing down at all. Her highly anticipated album is finally available and we ask you; does it meet the standards of a sophomore album?

Length: 37:51 (41:47)*iTunes Version
Released: September 3rd, 2011
Recorded: Los Angeles, California
Cover Art: Hayley Caulfield
Genre: Electropop, Dance-pop, Pop punk, House
Label: Studio60 Records
Producers: Gia Rose
Ada Larsen
Buzz and Hype
Shay McCarthy

Personnel
Isabel Merjos – Lead Vocals
Gia Rose - Producer, Writer
Michael Ashford - Drums, Keyboard
Lane Serg - Bass Guitar, Lead Guitar, Maracas
Ada Larsen - Backing Vocals (Rain on my Parade), Writer, Producer
Buzz and Hype - Producer
Shay McCarthy - Producer
Hayden Merjos - Lead Guitar (Satisfied, Don't Worry About Me)

1. Shine (3:39)
Description: The beat is a mixture of a techno/pop and some drums in it. It starts off kinda slow. Isabel’s voice has an echo to it in the beginning. Towards the bridge part where Isabel is sounding like she’s rapping slowly, the beat changes and it picks up a little. The song is about having confidence and showing it off. It’s about being proud of who you are and not letting anyone bring you down. Isabel does a lot of holding notes and uses a little bit of auto tuner but only on the rapping part.

Sounds Like: Click Here To Listen!

2. Tear You Down (3:00)
Description: This song starts off with a record scratching and then you can hear a synth before the beat starts to play while Izzy sings. She sings in a soprano voice the entire song. The beat has a techno and dance feeling to it with a pop feeling. As she sings the verses, the last word on each second line, she repeats it. When she sings the chorus for a second time and goes into the bridge, she vocalizes and as she sings the last line, her voice sounds distorted and gets lower. The song talks about not letting people get to you or it also talks about when someone feels like they are on top of the world and feels like they can do anything.
Sounds Like:

3. Blast My Music (3:34)
Description: The song starts out sounding like a techno song but leads into an electric guitar with a simple beat. This song is about a girl who is having a bad day and the only cure for her is to hear her favorite song being played in the club. She’s begging the DJ to play her song and he doesn’t listen at first but eventually does. This is a great dance/club song with a catchy beat and chorus.
Sounds Like:

4. Satisfied (3:43)
Description: Looking for a good pop/rock song? Look no further as Izzy has done it again with making another slow/dance song. The song starts off with a guitar, drums, and keyboard playing. As she sings the first verse, you can hear the guitar playing in the background only and a little of the drum. As she sings the chorus, the band kicks in again with the keyboard and Izzy sings with the other male singers. She sings each verse slowly, and makes sure each word is heard clearly. After the second singing of the chorus, there is a 10 second instrumental and then Izzy continues to sing. At the end of the song, the music fades away slowly with just the electric guitar being heard. The song talks about how someone is never satisfied when you give them your all. It can be used to refer to relationships or even just friendships.
Sounds Like:

5. Just A Dream (3:16)
Description: The song starts off with Izzy singing softly and the tempo is slow but picks up when she sings the pre-chorus. She sings mostly in soprano during the Bridge and a low alto during the Verses and Pre-Chorus, showing off her vocal skills. Even though the song is slow, it can still be danced to and has a techno feeling to it. The song talks about being with someone who says they love you but when things get rough, they end up doubting the relationship and leave all the problems up to you.
Sounds Like:

6. Love Me Again(4:38)
Description: This song has more of a European, Techno, House type feel to it. It's Izzy's first time ever doing a house song. The song starts off with a keyboard playing and then breaks out into a full beat with Izzy singing in the background. She then starts singing the first verse a little slow at first then starts to pick up by the middle of the verse. She sings the pre-chorus and then the chorus. The music plays for a little then she starts to sing the second verse a little more faster than the last one. She sings the pre-chorus again and then the chorus. After she sings it, the song slows down a little for the bridge which then leads to the song playing again while Izzy vocalizes. It goes on for a few seconds and then she starts to sing the chorus again, vocalizing more, until the song fades out. This song talks about not wanting to give someone another chance to love you again or not wanting to be fooled or hurt like before.

Sounds Like:

7. Lose It (Summer's Not Hot) (4:50)
Description: The song has an up-tempo, electro-pop beat to it. The instruments include keyboards, guitar, drums, and a synth. It’s a fun, summer song in which Isabel shows off her vocal talents by holding notes for periods of time. The song talks about basically a day at the beach with someone she likes and she's trying to get his attention but ends up just wanting to have a good time with her friends.
Sounds Like:

8. Imaginary (3:25)
Description: Another Pop/Rock track. The song starts off with a piano playing with a band. Izzy sings in a low, soft, breathy voice that almost kind of sounds like shes angry or evil. As she sings the chorus, the band kicks in more and you can hear a crazy short riff before each start of the chorus and Izzy sings in a higher voice with the singers singing with her. The beat goes back to how it sounded in the beginning when she sings the next verse and does the same as before when she sings the chorus. There's a guitar solo and Izzy continues singing, as it leads into the chorus and the song fades away. This song talks about Izzy thinking she was in love with someone but she guesses that it was just in her imagination. She also talks about how his feelings must have been imaginary because he says he no longer cares for her anymore.
Sounds Like:

9. Perfectly Me (3:16)
Description: The song starts off with an exotic beat to it. It sounds as if it were a belly dancing or gypsy song but then an electric guitar kicks in as she starts singing. She sings in an even toned voice until she gets to the chorus. Her voice gets a little higher and you can hear an echo in the background after she finishes singing. As she sings the bridge, her voice gets higher and she holds the last note then it goes into the chorus. The song keeps playing and it ends with Izzy saying I am Perfectly Me with an echo that fades. The song talks about how Izzy says she's not perfect at anything but being herself and she loves it.
Sounds Like:

10. Rain On My Parade ft. Buzz and Hype, Mykaylah and Ada Larsen (4:30)
Description: The song starts off with a simple repeating keyboard beat to it that gets louder and then goes into the full beat with Izzy singing in a sort of auto tuned voice. She then raps the first part of the verse with Ada singing in the background and they sing the chorus. The next verse Mykaylah raps and Izzy is heard singing in the background. She sings the chorus with Ada and then Izzy raps the next verse and the song kind of slows down. Mykaylah sings the bridge and then Izzy comes back with the chorus. The song continues to play with Izzy singing and then fades out.This song talks about when someone is always negative and trying to ruin your fun. It also can be used as someone trying to ruin when you are trying to hook up with someone.
Sounds Like:

*iTunes Bonus Track

*Don't Worry About Me ft. Hayden (3:56)
Description: The song has a very island, happy, dance feeling to it. It starts off with Izzy laughing and Hayden is playing his guitar. Other instruments include piano, maracas, and drums. Izzy starts to sing and at the end of each verse, Hayden sings the last line with her. She sings the chorus with him singing in the background and he ad libs making Izzy laugh even more. The second verse Hayden sings and Izzy then ad libs making him laugh. They sing the chorus together and Izzy then sings the last line alone. They sing the bridge together and then sing the chorus again. Towards the end of the song, they go back and forth, as if they were having a conversation with each other and the song ends with both of them laughing. This song talks about Izzy being on the road and touring and how Hannah use to worry about her and Hayden but she basically tells her not to worry because they are having fun and being silly as always. It's a great fun, care-free track on the album that ends it well.
Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Laurelles1  
#2 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:04:36(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Ooc: Brilliant RP, well done :)
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline FiveT  
#3 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:05:24(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Mariah: Wow, I'm definately going to buy this one now! It's going to be one of my faves! :) xx

Den (Teen Titans): This is sooo good! Sounds close to what we Titans do so I like it a lot! I hope you'll accept doing a track with for my solo album! ;D

Tanya
(Teen Titans): Love it! ^__^

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/09/2011(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:06:03(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Glamazon: This is such a strong effort and if my instincts are right, it definitely won't go unnoticed. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:08:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Ellie-Grace: Wow this was worth every second of the waiting lol. I'm gonna be playing this album so much. Yay for dance pop, you really can't beat it. Great job best friend :)

OOC: Awesome :D
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:10:39(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: You are going like.....sky high. It's amazing how hugely popular you've become. You deserve it Izzy :).

OOC: Really great :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#7 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:26:13(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: Wow Izzy, this is awesome! My early favorite is Imaginary, that is an amazing song!

OOC: Loved reading this :]!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:43:43(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Aww thanks everyone! :) I'm glad you all enjoy the album as much as I do, and Ryan I adore Imaginary as well haha :)

OOC: Thanks guys! =]
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:47:12(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: Izzy is my guilty Pleasure.. I love her music and her unique style.. such a very talented girl!

Yulia: Great Job Izzy! "Shine" the first single is my favorite! **

Lilly: I love it very much! Great POP album...

Abie: Izzy is very sweet and kind, I love her very much!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline FiveT  
#10 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:49:56(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Den: So would you do a song with me?? ;D

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:58:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Haha, thanks ElectroDeath and thanks Abie! You guys are all so sweet! Sure Den, I don't mind doing a song with you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline FiveT  
#12 Posted : 04 September 2011 06:59:13(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Isabel: Haha, thanks ElectroDeath and thanks Abie! You guys are all so sweet! Sure Den, I don't mind doing a song with you :)

Den: That's cool! My management will contact you soon about the song and everything! :D

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 04 September 2011 08:03:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Alrighty! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#14 Posted : 04 September 2011 09:43:56(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Cassie: I just bought your album and I'm just so speechless. It's so freaking amazing. Great job girl!

Dominic: Wat up my nig? Nice job on the album girl. Got dat street cred don't kno how to act. Haha. I see u ma. Keep doin ya thing.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 04 September 2011 09:47:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Cassie: I just bought your album and I'm just so speechless. It's so freaking amazing. Great job girl!

Dominic: Wat up my nig? Nice job on the album girl. Got dat street cred don't kno how to act. Haha. I see u ma. Keep doin ya thing.

Isabel: Thanks Cassie! LOL Dominic. I know right? Got my street cred and actin a fool! Lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

User is suspended until 26/07/3311 08:41:50(UTC) CallMeTeachXD  
#16 Posted : 04 September 2011 09:57:27(UTC)
CallMeTeachXD

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Gabe: Your a rising icon and a huge inspiration! :D
My Acts

Kato
lol
(Writing & Recording)

Sonye
(Writing & Recording)

Gabe
(Finalizing Album/Preparing for tour)

21st Century
(Practicing Skils/Writing)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#17 Posted : 04 September 2011 10:09:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Thanks Gabe! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#18 Posted : 04 September 2011 11:22:34(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Mandy: Love it Izzy can't pick which track I like the most lol great job :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#19 Posted : 04 September 2011 11:33:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Mandy: Love it Izzy can't pick which track I like the most lol great job :)

Isabel: Thanks Mandy! :) I know it's so hard, I don't really have a favorite myself, lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage