logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2012 22:13:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Background
Bianca Moretti is no stranger to music. In fact, she's been surrounded by music all of her life. Rather it be performing it or just listening, Bianca has never went a day without hearing a magical tune in her head or around her. Moretti's burst into the industry was only a few months ago with her first ever single, 'Left Alone', which debuted at #6 on the charts. Even though she's proud of her high charting single, Bianca doesn't want her career or success to be based on any of it.

Quote:
"The biggest downfall that I see a lot of great musicians go through is that they become so obsessed with the way their songs or albums are doing, it generally defines them. They want everything to be #1 or it's a failure and then they begin to put so much pressure on themselves so they feel the need to become someone who they never intended to be or become this arrogant, self-absorbed person. I don't want to be anything like that. Even if I never get a hit single or #1 album, I'll know I'm successful because I know what I'm capable of and numbers can always lie. I never felt trusting of the positions anyway. Something could have happened that week and made your single go up or down so it really isn't a clear say so on how talented you are. Nowadays, with the right people and right kind of money, anyone could get a #1 single but that doesn't mean they are good."

Already making herself known in the music business, Bianca isn't afraid of failure at all, in fact she welcomes it. She doesn't have any clue how good or bad her EP will do but it doesn't matter to her at all. As long as she gets her message across, she's satisfied. She doesn't mind the fame and all it comes with it but she will not sell her soul to be on the iPod of every person in the world. To Bianca, she makes real music, the kind not manufactured by labels or over produced.

Quote:
"Sometimes, simplicity is best. As long as I get my point across I don't need the extra stuff in the song."

She also goes on to talk about the title of her EP, Notebook & Pen and what it means.

Quote:
"Notebook & Pen was chosen as the name because I wrote all of these songs myself. It's really nothing cryptic really, I just thought it would be a good EP title. (Laughs) I've always written down ideas and thoughts in my little notebook with a pen, never a pencil, because then I couldn't erase and might change my mind about something. I think it's always good to have something near you at any time because you never know when inspiration might strike."

Title: Notebook & Pen
Genre: Folk, Acoustic, Pop Rock
Length: 20:19
Label: Take Action Records
Recorded: January 25th, 2012 - February 26th, 2012
Released: March 7, 2012
Produced By: Brandon Caulfield, Cole Morrison, Bianca Moretti

Personnel
Bianca Moretti - Vocals, Guitar, Madonlin, Piano, Lyrics, Production
Cole Morrison - Tambourine, Bells, Drums, Backing Vocals, Production
Brandon Caulfield - Production, Guitar
Laura Morrison - Backing Vocals, Artwork
Diana Lachey - Artwork

Tracklist

1. Left Alone (3:47)*
2. Last Days (3:07)
3. Poor, Lost Soul (2:56)
4. Set It In Stone (5:39)
5. Reflection (4:50)

*= Single (Released)

1. Left Alone (3:47)

Description
Bianca Moretti has already made her mark in the business just by showing a performance of her from January 1st, 2011 in Steubenville, OH. She has the ability to sing, play guitar, tell a story with her songs, and keep her confidence. Her debut single Left Alone was her obvious choice for her first single. A song that she wrote years ago but still keeps it's sorrowful meaning to it. Bianca has shown that she shouldn't be taken lightly just because she's new to the scene.

"I wrote this song for my friend who recently lost his girlfriend in a car crash. He was really depressed and just mad at the world because she was killed by someone who was drunk and not paying attention. I wrote just about how he felt and what was going on." She starts strumming on her guitar with a tambourine being heard in the background. The strong chords of the guitar really give the song an energetic feeling to it, almost upbeat. She starts to sing with some strong vocals that are soft. Her voice carries a folky sound to it, stressing the notes and holding them for a few seconds. In between each chorus, there's a small instrumental with only the guitar being heard. It's being lightly strummed and matches well with Bianca's vocals.

Bianca also sheds some more light on the meaning of the song. "It's supposed to be one of those moments in someone's life where they don't know what to do and they feel like they have no choices left. They start to slowly deprive themselves of the world and chances to get help. It's a song about, as cheesy as it may sound, finding yourself and blah blah blah. It's just a really somber song that has a lot of meaning for me, mostly personal, so hopefully it's relatable to someone else out there."

Personnel
Bianca Moretti - Vocals, Guitar, Lyrics, Production
Cole Morrison - Tambourine, Bells
Laura Morrison - Artwork

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
I don't think you understand, Just how it is to be this man
Watching his life go down
I don't think that you will know, Why he has to act so cold
No help for he is proud
He said, "I can't figure who I am , But I don't give a damn
I know what I didn't now"

[Chorus]
He's walking through streets
Heart filled with misery, Scars his name
A mindset full of sin
There's no way to win, With his crown
His passion lets him fall
Never should have took that call, Oh no-o-o
But please don't leave him now

So don't you leave him now

[Verse 2]
Family turns their backs, True love is what he lacks
Confess now to yourself
A million times before, It's always an open door
Your failure becomes your he-e-e-elp

[Chorus]
He's walking through streets
Heart filled with misery, Scars his name
A mindset full of sin
There's no way to win, With his crown
His passion lets him fall
Never should have took that call, Oh no-o-o
But please don't leave him now

Do do do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do do do do

So don't you leave him now
Because he doesn't want to be left alone

Sounds Like:

2. Last Days (3:07)

Description
The second song on the EP is quite one of the most understandable being a song about an addiction to alcohol. Bianca wastes no time getting right into the song with her magnificent guitar playing along with getting into the lyrics as well. The tone of the song seems to be a happy one but contrasts with the actual lyrics of the song.

"A friend of mine convinced me to put this song on the EP actually. It was close to not even making it on the list but I decided to include it. This is a very personal and close song to me. I've always said that I want to make sure people don't get the wrong idea with this song. I'm not or never have been addicted to alcohol but the lyrics refer to one. I wrote this about when I used to drink, a lot, and it was almost like an addiction but it wasn't. I never felt like I needed it but when I had it, things always changed. It's more about struggle if anything. It's about being in the last stages of an addiction and wondering if it ever gets better."

As quickly as you can sing the lyrics, Bianca changes up the song with it being a bit more fast paced. A lot of notes held and instrumental parts but this song fails to loose it's interest. "I thought about this being a possible single but then I thought that I could do better and I hope I made the right choice. (Laughs)"

Personnel
Bianca Moretti - Vocals, Guitar, Lyrics, Production
Cole Morrison - Production, Drums

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
I've looked and found a way to fill that empty hole
That one that scars and burns so deep within my soul
I've tried to block it out but highs turned into lows
No one to carry me or have my heart to hold

It's tried to tear me up inside but I won't give
For now I've finally found my will to live
Sometimes I lay awake at night and start to pray
Is this the way to spend the rest of my last days
My da-a-a-ays
My last da-a-ays

[Verse 2]
I'll drink a glass of beer for my own truth
There's just a certain line of good that I won't do-o-o
You may be quick to judge unless the one was you
Slowly wasting away that thing called virtue
It tries to tear me up inside but I won't give

For now I've finally found my will to live
Sometimes I lay awake at night and start to pray
Is this the way to spend the rest of my last days

[Bridge]
I know you live in fear of me
One day you hope for me to never see that bottle again
But then again all the stress would seem so heavy on me-e-e
Is there any other way to numb this pain?

[Verse 3]
It's tried to tear me up inside but I won't give (Won't give)
For now I've finally found my will to live (Found my will to live)
Sometimes I lay awake at night and start to pray (I lay awake)
Is this the way to spend the rest of my last days?
Is this the way to spend the rest of my last days?
Is this the way for me to spend my da-a-a-ys?

Sounds Like:

3. Poor, Lost Soul (2:56)

Description
Poor, Lost Soul, another uptempo song by Bianca that doesn't hesitate to jump in with it's lyrics. Bianca's voice is light and airy, mashing well with the sounds of her guitars and mandolin playing. The very catchy beat has a bit of a bass in it giving the feeling of a soulful song played in an old club. "I wanted this song to have a sort of weird feeling to it with the whole low and mysterious uptempo, club vibe to it. This is the first song I got to play with my Mandolin in and I admit it sounds better with it than before. I did a lot of second guessing on this EP but I'm happy with my decisions now."

The shortest song on here, Poor, Lost Soul, has a simple message to it. "I wrote it with the intention of making people think. Nowadays we take music for granted. Yes, it's a song about how I'm obviously whining about musicians and music getting overlooked but I think it's very tasteful. I love this song and I hope everyone loves it too."

Personnel
Bianca Moretti - Vocals, Guitar, Madonlin, Lyrics, Production
Brandon Caulfield - Production
Cole Morrison - Production

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
I could write something so deep, no one would listen
I could write something so sweet, and never get a position
But what happened to writing for me?
What happened to all of the passion?
Now trying to make a scene
Just don't wanna end up like another
Poor, lost soul

[Verse 2]
I could play a symphony, And no one would see it
I could let out a scream, You probably won't hear it
But what happened to helping those in need?
A little attention
Not trying to make a scene
Don't wanna end up like another
Poor, lost soul

[Bridge]
Do you know how it feels to be ignored?
People would rather be thrilled with all the glamor
Rather than truthfulness
So many lessons to be learned
So many lessons

La da da, La da da, La da da
La da da, La da da, La-a-a-a-a-a!

But what happened to writing for me?
A little attention
What happened to all of the passion, No not trying to make a scene
Just don't wanna end up like
I'll be damned if I end up like,
I don't wanna end up like
Another poor, lost soul

4. Set It In Stone (5:39)

Description
In contrast to the last two songs, Set It In Stone is one of two songs that are slow. This song has a pop rock like sound. Starting off with the strum of the guitar followed by a soft sounding drum, Bianca sings with a high voice as she plays the piano. The song itself turns into a sort of an uptempo song with backing vocals that don't belong to Bianca but those of Cole and Laura Morrison.

"I feel like this is the motivational song on the EP. I wrote this about a year ago for myself. I've always been kind of outspoken and unshy but I'm pushing myself to get past all the small things that make me sad. This song is about not living life as if it's a fairy tale but knowing that there's not always going to be a happy ending and I'm prepared for that. It tells people to wake up and basically if you live on hope and wishes, you'll die. You have to go out and do things to be someone."

Personnel
Bianca Moretti - Vocals, Lyrics, Production
Brandon Caulfield - Guitar, Production
Cole Morrison - Drums, Backing Vocals
Laura Morrison - Backing Vocals

[Lyrics]
Black = Backing Vocals (Cole and Laura Morrison)

[Verse 1]
One day you may wake up and realize
Life's just not what it was before
One day you may wake up and figure you
Something's gotta give

You've been hiding all this time
Waiting for that magical moment
Just waiting for your own sunshine
And to go out with a blaze of glo-o-o-ory!

[Chorus]
Wake up, Wake up
Something called reality (Reality)
Get up, Get up
Sometimes you need more than
Belie-e-e-ef
Nothing's gonna happen all on its own
Time for you to set it in stone

[Verse 2]
All day, you'll wonder where exactly you are going
Somewhere far from all the pain
Some days, you'll feel as if the world is crashing
Something's gotta give

You finally take that lonely step
Time to see what you've been thinking
Making it without the help
Reaching for that blaze of glo-o-o-ory!

[Chorus]
Wake up, Wake up
Get up, Get up
Belie-e-e-ef

[Bridge]
(Ooh, Ooh, Ooh) Didn't need that much convincing
(Ooh, Ooh, Ooh) Staring at her own reflection
(Ooh, Ooh, Ooh) Do you see what I am seeing?
(Ooh, Ooh, Ooh) That lonely girl was me-e-e-e-e!

[Chorus]
Wake up, Wake up (Wa-a-a-ake Up!)
Get up, Get up (Ge-e-e-et Up!)
Belie-e-e-ef

Beat Sounds Similar To:

5. Reflection (4:50)

Description
The last song of the EP, Bianca quickly delivers another soft song with her playing piano this time. The song, Reflection, is also another close to home song for the 19 year old. "Reflection is one of those songs that you can tell what it's gonna be about as soon as you hear the title. I wrote this for my friend who had a tough upbringing. Her parents were always expecting her to be like them and do the things they did but she grew tired of it. She wanted to be her own person but she was afraid to tell her parents. Long story short, she's not my artwork manager. (Laughs)"

Bianca's soft and velvet like voice compliments the soft keys played by the piano. Moretti also had another person helping her with this track, Brandon Caulfield. She tells what it was like to work with him. "I love Brandon, he's one of my favorite artists. He helped me work on the song after I played it to him. I was so happy he loved it and we began to work on it almost immediately. I played notes on the piano and he would play back to me on his guitar. It was a surreal moment for me and I'll never forget it.

I wrote this song when I was in a kind of tight situation so definitely can feel my emotions in this song while I'm talking about my friend. I hope to actually one day play this song with a symphony or an orchestra. I think that would really bring out the full potential of the song and make it sound even better than what I've recorded."

Personnel
Bianca Moretti - Vocals, Piano, Lyrics, Production
Cole Morrison - Bells, Production
Brandon Caulfield - Guitar, Production

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
Expectations, they came and they grew
It seemed like you were the only one
Who really knew
What I'd be doing
Where I would go
You thought we had it all
But you didn't know

Walking through that fine line of real and fake
Some things you have to earn
Some others you take
But I don't want your

[Chorus]
Reflectio-o-o-on, I want a life I own
Holding on to those memories
The ones from home
I don't want your reflectio-o-o-on
I'll say with no hesitation
My life you thought you knew
I don't want your reflection
No, don't want your reflection

[Verse 2]
Situations, they come and they go
Pick me up when I start feeling low
Who would need me?
Why do I stay?
You thought you knew it all
But not today

[Chorus]
The ones from home

[Bridge]
Show me what you're looking for
Open me like a closed, shut door
Just show me what you're looking for
Because I-I-I don't want your

[Chorus]
The ones from home
No, don't want your

Reflectio-o-o-on, I want a life I own (Ohhh)
The ones from home

So did Bianca 'Wow' anyone with her debut EP or will it be just a flop on the charts?

Available March 7th for Download On:
iTunes.com
Amazon.com
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 8 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 02/03/2012(UTC), genocidal king on 02/03/2012(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 03/03/2012(UTC), erich hess on 03/03/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 03/03/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/03/2012(UTC), Hellspawn on 04/03/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/03/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 02 March 2012 22:31:05(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Ellie-Grace: Oh wowzerz, I gotta start writing better songs. I love this! especially Poor, Lost Soul, great job Italian girl :D
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/03/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 02 March 2012 22:35:06(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: I just gave this a whizz through in my lunch hour...and it is really really quite awesome. I love Set in Stone. Piano music is easily becoming a favourite of mine since I'm putting more of it into my own work, so this is a real favourite of mine. I can't wait to hear an album from you :)

OOC: I enjoyed reading this. Nice work :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/03/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 03 March 2012 01:49:23(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17915 time(s) in 10409 post(s)
erich: simply fantastic work. i do like your style,write it once and never change it. you,my dear, know how to manage inspiration. ..and you can write the hell out of a song,a modern day woody guthrie.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/03/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#5 Posted : 03 March 2012 05:14:25(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: Yes, Bianca did 'wow' me with this. This is outstanding. I always knew that you would be an Artist that I would love, and thank heavens my suspicions were confirmed with this. I think Last Days is my favorite, although its hard too pick a favorite!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#6 Posted : 03 March 2012 06:19:53(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jacob: This is really great I can't pick which song I like the most because they are all just great lol

Taylor: Love it really great music I hope you go really far cause these songs are better than most of the songs out right now anyway good luck

OOC: Really enjoyed reading this great job :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 03 March 2012 09:45:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Bianca: Wow, thanks everyone :) I'm glad you all enjoyed it so much!

OOC: Thank you :D
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#8 Posted : 03 March 2012 10:14:03(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Billie: love it!

OOC: Good job. :)
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 03 March 2012 22:38:26(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Bianca: Thank you! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 03 March 2012 22:44:22(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: Amazing music, specially 'Poor, Lost Soul' loved the first verse.

OOC: Great Lyrics!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 04 March 2012 04:20:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Bianca: Thanks Julia, I love your work also :D

OOC: Thanks :]
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#12 Posted : 04 March 2012 04:23:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Awesome lyrics! By the way you are very beautiful. It's hard to find someone who is both talented and beautiful these days :)

OOC: Wow! nice job :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/03/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 04 March 2012 04:39:42(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Bianca: Thank you Stephanie :) and you are beautiful and talented as well ;) Lol.

OOC: Thank you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 04/03/2012(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 04 March 2012 04:42:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: Wow.. your amazing. Love it...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 04 March 2012 05:02:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Bianca: Aww thanks James :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#16 Posted : 04 March 2012 08:36:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

4 Days Until Notebook & Pen is available!

Edited by user 05 March 2012 21:21:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#17 Posted : 04 March 2012 08:46:08(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Jennifer: I can't even pick a favorite cause all of the songs a so great. I won't be able to stop hitting replay once this EP is available. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#18 Posted : 04 March 2012 20:24:12(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Bianca: Thanks Jennifer :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Hellspawn  
#19 Posted : 04 March 2012 23:23:17(UTC)
Hellspawn

Man

Was thanked: 212 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Jake: Great EP, loved all the songs!
thanks 1 user thanked Hellspawn for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#20 Posted : 04 March 2012 23:39:32(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Bianca: Thanks Jakey :]
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage