logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

73 Pages«<5960616263>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#1201 Posted : 11 August 2019 04:03:16(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
"yeah. pretty much." erich nods. it had been a long strange trip for his friends. the valleys had been deep,but they all seemed to find their peaks. erich considers for a moment that it might look like he's purposefully leaving selene out of the conversation. looking back,he tried to think if he ever publicly mentioned her since ada's return. he had a terrible memory and didnt think that he did mention her. "um..so,like if i ever mention a selene cassadine. she's someone i've been seeing for a few years. she lives upstate,she's a label exec. " erich rather awkwardly informs ada. the likelihood of the two women ever meeting was virtually nil. but it was better to let ada know now rather than later and possibly in person with selene. ada would probably dislike the woman greatly. she could be horribly snobby and self centered. somehow,they have been together for years. probably because the two did not live together or spend all that much time with each other.
"look at you,super mom." erich grins when ada takes great care with her daughter's hair. "i was thinking you went old school punk rock and used kool aide. i think takara would love to have you dye her hair. she is a very outgoing child...if a little odd,but who isnt,right? eris.....eris is a rather serious child." erich says,looking over to marlena again. the two children were biologically half sisters. so perhaps ada would want to know something about eris.
with that out of the way,the question erich was supposed to ask was laying there. it was festering and starting to bloat. all comfort he had around ada was starting to recede and he croaked out, "so...whats been going on in your life?"

"oh." erich says with a bit of sadness in his voice. ada spoke of her career in the past tense. " you're done? " he asks,looking over to her. he was always a big fan of her work,even before he was romantically involved with her. she offered up something that was totally unique. "i have no idea how people stay in one place,myself. real life is...i dunno. hard." he admits,grinding a bit of gravel with his shoe.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1202 Posted : 11 August 2019 05:24:41(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
“Right, yes,” Ada nods at the mention of Selene. She had been spoken of before, but only briefly. If Ada was honest, she almost forgot that Erich was seeing somebody. It felt odd to Ada. She had never really known Erich with anybody except for herself. The idea of him being with this totally new (or, at least, totally new to Ada) person seemed not right. Not that she had wanted for him to wait around until Ada decided to come back. She hadn’t even consciously considered the possibility of them ever being together again. But now knowing that that wasn’t a possibility made her absurdly sad. “Selene, who is not sexy when she crushes a cantaloupe with her thighs, as I have been updated on Twitter.” Ada gives a little, slightly sad laugh. “I am not quite punk enough for the Kool-Aid and hot water trick. Plus, I was in a cult for a couple years, so I am naturally a little skeptical of Kool-Aid,” Ada jokes, trying to make a comical segue into Erich’s next question, which was going to have next to no comedy in it at all.

She sighs and then begins the answer, knowing that there was no way to avoid this topic any longer: “Those rumors that I had joined a cult were true. I was... in a lot of pain at the time. I know you knew that I was hurting, but I do not know if I really let others know as much. And then I found this group, and they seemed like an answer to my pain. So I took Marlena and I left to join them. We lived mostly in Germany with them, near where I grew up actually, in Bonn, though we traveled around quite a bit. I was with them for a couple of years, and then I... I had an episode.” She swallows hard, and looked over at Marlena, making sure that she was far away enough from them to not be able to hear. “I tried to kill myself,” Ada continues, her voice low. “I stayed in a in-patient hospital for several months afterwards while my family - my real family - looked after Marlena. And then when I came back, we made the decision to move back to New York.” Ada knew that that was just the cliff notes of what had happened to her for all of those years, but it was the most she was willing to divulge at that time. That was difficult in itself to do.

“Yes, I think so,” Ada responds back when Erich asks if she’s done performing. She hadn’t written any new music in those years she had been gone. Maybe she could go on tour and play all of her old music, but she wasn’t sure if anybody even wanted to hear those old songs again. It was difficult to gauge her popularity now that she had been gone for so long. “I do not think anybody wants to hear me anymore.” She gives another little sad laugh.
Offline erich hess  
#1203 Posted : 11 August 2019 06:26:08(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"the same." erich says,giving a small laugh. he had forgotten ada did read his twitter output. if he was thinking,he probably wouldnt have posted that. he had no reason to,but still felt he should protect ada. old habits die hard or sometimes not at all. erich looks down at the ground,feeling very guilty about selene .he could hear the sadness in ada's laugh and he didnt like knowing he had caused it. "i waited." he tells the ground softly. he had waited longer than he should have until it was clear ada wasnt coming back. it was months after she left before he started on his tear through the realm of chemicals and questionable company. erich gives a snort of laughter when ada mentions kool aide and cults. "jesus." he says with a wide grin. he had always loved ada's sense of humor. the woman had an interesting take on the darkness of life at times.

when ada sighs,erich knows the heavy stuff is coming. he almost tells her to stop. they'll go back to talking about friends and their kids. there was no need to dredge up the past,they could just start over from today. but...her words came anyway. the wild rumor of her going to a cult were true. erich would have rather heard her say she just fell out of love with him. that would have involved less pain on her part. ada had more than her share of tragedy and it just seemed to keep piling on the poor woman. as she speaks,erich lifts his hands to reach out for hers or something. but where does one touch their ex wife? when she gets to the suicide attempt,erich finally decides to offer her his hand. he merely listened to her story. he wasnt going to pry,ask for clarification,what the cult did,was marlena safe when with ada's family. erich knew some of ada's family history and that did concern him when it came to marlena. "i...think i prefer the rumor where you ran off with a guy who looked like stu pickles and lived happily in new zealand." erich says finally. it could be a joke,but his tone implied that it was not. it was one thing to mentally wish hell upon ada for what happened,it was another to know she actually experienced it. he also worried about her being all alone here,if what marlena said was true. and the only thing more truthful than a child was a drunk. "i know i came off as an ass to you at first...but i'm glad you made it through." he tells her with a small smile. what does one say to such an intense story?

"i think lots of people would want to hear you." he says to ada warmly. "you dont want marlena to find out that only one of her parents is a rockstar. as weekend dad,i am automatically the fun one." erich chuckles,poking fun at the situation. it would be a long time before either he or ada would be ok with that sort of level of parenting.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1204 Posted : 11 August 2019 06:56:05(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

“I know you did,” Ada says back softly when Erich tells her that he had waited for her. She didn’t need anybody to let her know that, she knew just from knowing Erich that he would have waited for her for as long as he could have. He had loved her so much - they had both loved each other so much - that there was no way they could have gotten over each other very quickly. She didn’t blame Erich for moving on. It was her fault that she had left him in the first place.

Ada gratefully accepted Erich’s hand as she speaks, slipping her’s into his as effortlessly as she had so many times before with him. “I never heard that one. That’s interesting,” Ada says back with a small smile about the other rumor that was spread about her, obviously a little emotionally tired now from explaining her story. She thought she had kept track of all the rumors spread about her in case she ever had to explain any of them to Marlena. She tried to do the same with any rumors she heard about Erich as well, but she also assumed that most of them were true. “Thank you so much.”

“Right. The difference is that Marlena would probably love to go to one of your shows. My shows would just bore her. You really are the more fun one out of the two of us,” Ada laughs, her hand still in Erich’s as she speaks, and the other hand tucking her hair behind her ears. Her hair was much shorter now than it had been when she and Erich were together, but everything else was starting to feel familiar between the two of them again.
Offline erich hess  
#1205 Posted : 11 August 2019 07:51:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

ada's hand felt exactly as it always had and brought back many memories . some good,some bad. some just dull,every day stuff like doing dishes. touching her made the story she had told feel very real. it was almost like he could feel the pain on her skin. he did have to focus to not let his eyes drift down to her arms. were there new scars? maybe that is what the tattoos covered up. if that was the case...whew. she had a lot of scars. " the rumor had you two being rather happy." erich says sadly. reality had cheated her out of a better reason to have a divorce. he did leave out the part about how she was also rumored to have lost custody of marlena. " do you guys need anything? anything i can do?" erich offers. he felt guilty about having a fairly easy time while his ex wife did not. even if that wasnt the case,erich did enjoy helping people if he could.

"too fun." erich says with a smirk. he really couldnt do the day to day life for very long. he had tried with ada back then,but only felt real when on stage. otherwise,he felt he was boring to people. "i honestly dont know what or how i'm going to do with marlena." he admits to ada. he was aware he was still holding her hand,it felt natural to do. " so if performing is out. what..what do you do these days? life off the spoils of fame? lord knows i would,but...i dont do so well with boredom. last time i did? i bought a soviet rocket train. lets just say,i've never seen a train catch fire like that before." he chuckles.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1206 Posted : 11 August 2019 08:29:12(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada thought about it for a moment, and then burst out laughing. God, it was so sad that rumors had her being absurdly happy when in reality she was living a nightmare almost every day. If she didn’t laugh about it, she was almost certainly cry and not be able to stop. “I apologize, that was just... honestly so sad,” she says through her laughter, calming down a bit. She understood that if her life had been classified as a comedy or a tragedy, it would almost certainly be a tragedy. If she didn’t laugh at it every once in a while, she would surely go crazy. “No, no, thank you so much for offering, though. We do not need much.”

“Right now? Definitely just living off of the fame. I did some freelance consulting work as an exhibition designer last year, which is as boring as it sounds, but I have to put my industrial design degree to use sometimes,” Ada explains with a laugh, looking out at Marlena. “She is an easy kid to entertain, honestly. If you want to take her out some weekend, just let me know. Just take her to the park or to the movies or something - G rated only.”
Offline erich hess  
#1207 Posted : 11 August 2019 09:12:14(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich did wonder what was up when ada started to laugh. especially when it wasnt bitter laughter at the wide distance between her rumor and her reality. he did get it when she did speak though. certainly a laugh to keep from crying moment. erich studied ada briefly as her laughter slowed. she very well could not be here with him now and that realization hit him rather suddenly. "it could have been a lot sadder.and i hear that stu pickles was quite the lover." he says with a little smirk. he had to do something to get around thinking of what could have been and what was. erich nods when ada says she doesnt need anything. he didnt expect she would. she had been doing this on her own for quite a while as is.

"exhibition? given the amount of people i know who are involved in the...um..frisky industry. im thinking it was anything but boring." erich laughs. he wasnt sure of how much of a protective layer ada had over marlena.so he didnt want the child to overhear anything ada didnt want her to. "i...dont know how just she and i would work. i'd definitely want erica or gretchen along too. the whole kid thing scares me." erich says,knowing most of what he would do with marlena would not be in new york,so it was probably not going to happen. "aww,you are super mom too? erica and gretchen want takara as innocent as she can be for as long as possible. you go the organic route too? taki seems to want to be a vegan. she was horrified to learn meat comes from animals." erich tells ada. he probably was far better with kids than he gave himself credit for. it was mainly just the pressure of marlena being "his".
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1208 Posted : 11 August 2019 09:46:07(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

“An exhibition for a museum,” Ada explains herself with my small smile. “Nothing so interesting as exhibitionism, unless you are titilated by works of art. And more power to you if you are.” She nods when Erich says he would want Gretchen or Erica to come along with them as well. If Ada were honest, she would prefer them to join as well. Not that she didn’t trust Erich, but there was that protective layer of having another mom there that would make Ada a lot more comfortable. On the other hand, she did wish that Erich had felt comfortable enough taking Marlena out on his own. She hoped that one day they would get to the point where he was. “The whole ‘kid’ thing scares me too,” she admits with a laugh. “But I think that is part of parenthood. Waking up frightened.” She laughing, hearing about Erica and Gretchen’s parenting choices. “I am not quite like that. She eats meat, I would not force any eating regiment on her yet. I want her to have a healthy relationship with food and not an unhealthy one, like I had.” Ada had also lost a lot of weight since the last time she and Erich had been around each other. This was more or less out of stress that she had lost so much weight, but she did have some eating problems that had been dealt with over the past year that contributed to that. “But organic, yes. Kosher, too.”
Offline erich hess  
#1209 Posted : 11 August 2019 10:22:23(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

" cmon.you know what i'm about,miss ada." erich laughs with a wink. there were few things that didnt turn erich's crank. art fell under that umbrella too. he looks around briefly and leans in close before whispering. "i know i'm in no position to ask for favors...but if you ever handle a britto...accidentally put your foot through it. six times." he asks,totally serious. there were loads of things that erich disliked,and romero britto and his art ranked at least in the top 30. "you seem to be doing a crack up job. marlena seems like an angel. just look at her. "erich says,happy that ada seems to really have found the groove of parenting and looks to have raised a great kid. she certainly wasnt the little bastard that billy's son was. that was the scariest part of this meeting. he could have dealt with never ending awkwardness with ada or even an argument. but a little kid who displayed huge red flags? nope. that wasnt for erich. "so...how should we tell marlena who i am?" erich says,knowing that sometime marlena would have to know. especially if they were to ever spend time together. "the vegan thing is all takara. erica isnt some nutty anti vaxxer or something. " erich says with a grin..and a hope that ada wasnt one of those sorts. if she was...well,this got a lot more awkward. erich wasnt sure how to respond to ada mentioning her food relationship. she had lost a lot of weight,which she already was starting to do towards the end of their relationship. going with the discretion is the better part of valor perspective.he let it lay. " are you kosher now? " erich asks in small surprise. he may have forgotten with all of the relationship memories he pushed out or just forgot, but he seemed to remember ada didnt keep kosher. "i can do organic. but the peanut butter is god awful.it would gag a maggot." erich laughs to ada. erica at home either bought all organic everything,or actually made it herself.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1210 Posted : 11 August 2019 11:25:43(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

God, did Ada miss being called Miss. Ada by Erich. It was always a cute little nickname he had for her, and she loved to hear him say it. “Britto, like, the pop art cubist Britto? Oh, no worries, I would absolutely set it on fire,” Ada confirms with a nod. She was an art lover, and that mostly looked like it was done in MS Paint. Ada hoped that she was doing an alright job with Marlena. She felt like she had already put her through so much in the few years she had been alive, and she wondered if she had been doing irreparable damage to her that will only be visible later in life. Marlena was definitely born out of love, but she didn’t have great genes when it came to mental health or substance abuse. There was no telling how Marlena could end up now. “I have no idea,” Ada admits when Erich asks how they should tell her he’s her father. “I asked my therapist, and she told me to tell her in a way that would be most comfortable for Marlena. So maybe we should wait for you two to spend time together more before we, you know, tell her.” Ada was obviously nervous about having that conversation with Marlena. There was no simple way to explain that. The fact that Marlena had never really had a father figure in her life would probably make it even more complicated. “The kosher thing is only within the past couple of years. I wanted to raise Marlena to be a good Jewish girl.” She smiles and then perks up. “Oh! Marlena is allergic to peanut butter. That just reminded me of that. Organic or not,” she adds, as if any of that information was important to Erich right now. She just wanted Marlena’s father to know everything he could about Marlena.
Offline erich hess  
#1211 Posted : 11 August 2019 12:33:42(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich narrows his eyes at the mention of britto."yeah. thats the one. the guy who paints like picasso after getting kicked in the head by a mule. hell,the mule could do a better job after getting kicked in the head by picasso. " erich says sourly. there were certain flordia things he hated: jimmy buffet,britto,jimmy buffet and everything else in the state. the main saving grace was cafe risque., a trucker strip club/buffet. he had never gone,but it was a state institution. " those paintings just go right up at the slightest spark.nobody would blame you." he grins at ada. it was hard not to fall into the realm of calling her miss ada. it felt right. in spite of all that happened,the things he liked about ada were still there. "yeah...that probably is best." erich says in assessment of the suggestion of how to tell marlena. "i have no shame in admitting a therapist is far more intelligent that i. maybe we'll luck out and she'll just get tired of being around me. that'd save a very difficult conversation. we could tell her when she is like 30 or so." erich laughs but is very much expecting marlena to eventually reject him. in a small way,he kind of hopes she does. his life isnt one for kids and given marlena's genes...she is primed and ready for self destruction. "oh. so do you guys go to temple and what not?" erich asks,interested to see just what direction ada's life had taken. he wasnt sure about the cult,maybe it was religious,maybe it wasnt. so who knew what ada's beliefs were nowadays. it also was a good thing to know as much as one could about their children. "oh sh- crap! i guess she's at the age where she could tell us what she is allergic to,but whew. that could end up bad. anything else she is allergic to or doesnt like? i'm pretty sure anaphylactic shock isnt the best thing to get when visiting dad."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1212 Posted : 11 August 2019 12:53:52(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

“Oh please. You are the fun parent, remember? She will not become tired of you,” Ada says back, squeezing Erich’s hand lightly. Marlena becoming tired of Ada and leaving her was a fear that Ada had almost constantly - abandonment issues aside, she very much had become the type of mother who was terrified for the day when her child would eventually grow up and leave her house. But somebody becoming tired of Erich wasn’t something Ada could imagine. “Maybe we will do it before she is 30. Like, 29 or so.” She looks back at Marlena, who has switched from the swings to the monkey bars, swinging over the other kids’ heads effortlessly as she climbs from bar to bar. “Some weeks we go to temple,” Ada answers back, her eyes still on Marlena. “I am not much for organized religion, but I did want her to grow up knowing she was Jewish, so we go sometimes.” She looks back at Erich and smiles. “Oh, she hates pineapple. And she is terrified of geese. But she is not allergic to anything else, that I know of. I suppose she is still at the age where those allergies could be developing.”
Offline erich hess  
#1213 Posted : 11 August 2019 13:40:45(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

instinctively,erich squeezes ada's hand back. he smiled to her and then looked over to the side for a second. "i hope. i think i can coast at least a couple of months on novelty alone. getting her a buddy in takara might buy me a little more time." he says,half jokingly. he wasnt exactly sure how he could hold a child's interest for very long and semi regularly. but ada seemed to have faith in him and she had little reason to make that up. "29 and half. we cant be rushing things,miss ada. maybe we'll luck out and she'll find out on her own. " erich says hopefully. he watches marlena on the bars and having fun. it was hard to imagine that she was going to grow up one day. one day he would possibly be talking to a woman that he and ada made. would she make the same mistakes erich and ada had made? erich had lived his life as a cautionary tale,he guess he now saw who that tale was for. "it is important for her to know her roots. randy would love to meet her someday." erich offers as the only heritage of his that he deemed fit for marlena's consumption. erich's father had passed probably after ada left,erich couldnt work out the time line. definitely no loss for marlena there. his mother was still alive and still lived across the street from randy. but erich hadnt spoken to her in years. from what he could remember,she was a terrible alcoholic. "so no pineapple and no geese. got it." erich says,pretending to write in a notebook. " i love pineapple,but i understand about geese. those things are some right rat bas- jerks. they are jerks of the bird world." erich wasnt too keen on the fact there could still be developing allergies. "maybe you should come along for the first few times. we'll feed her little bits of everything and have 911 all cued up."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1214 Posted : 13 August 2019 12:17:03(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada laughs, leaning her head back a bit. “I am excited for her to meet Takara - or, at least, meet her again. I am excited to see Takara again. I am sure she grew up to be lovely,” she says happily. The more comfortable she became around Erich, the happier the meeting seemed to be. It was easy for her to fall back into the way that they had been before - they were always friends first, and it was easy to see why. “Marlena finding out on her own is exactly what I am afraid of,” Ada admits, looking back at Erich. “Our marriage was very well-documented. It would be very easy for her to learn all the ins-and-outs of it if we do not tell her beforehand.” Ada wanted to tell Marlena about her marriage to Erich and what kind of relationship they had before Marlena had the ability to Google search them and read some misinformation about Ada and Erich. It wouldn’t take too much scrolling to get to something scandalous between the two of them. “I would love for her to meet Randy too,” Ada says genuinely, nodding. Ada had let Marlena meet all of the people in her family that she was willing to let near her, which wasn’t many members. Marlena would need all the extended familial support she could get. “I could come if you like. I did not know if you would want to bring somebody who... would not want to see me.” Ada said this meaning any number of people in Erich’s life. She wasn’t sure about how Erica felt about her really yet, she knew that Karoliena had only negative opinions of her. And she was sure Erich’s girlfriend probably didn’t have a positive opinion of her boyfriend’s ex-wife. It was all a bit messy as to who would be tagging along and who wouldn’t between the two of them.
Offline erich hess  
#1215 Posted : 13 August 2019 23:50:33(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"We'll have to check takara's schedule. She is a super busy child. Finger painting,dog petting..she is just slammed for the next month or so." Erich jokes to Ada. It would be nice to have Ada and Marlena back with taki. It almost made erich sad as that is how it was supposed to be. It just took a long time to get there. Also,he wasn't sure if erica would approve of Ada knowing the real reason she hadnt been seen in public for nearly 9 months. If all went well, Ada would have more than enough friends. Granted,she pulled through some insanely tough things all on her own,erich didn't want her all alone again. Erich looks over at Marlena, up to their old home and back to Ada. She did bring a good point about Marlena finding out on her own exactly where she came from...and the chaos that surrounded her at one time. And to be frank, had the potential to still be around her. " yeah... I guess you are right. There is the also the chance anyone could ask either of us about the past with Her in earshot." Erich nods in agreement. The internet and it's permanent memory could be a bastard sometimes. Then Erich's face lights up. "Or...and hear me out on this. I find something so bat poop insane and do it. It'll take up the first 4 pages of a Google search and she'll never know." Erich says looking very satisfied with his plan. " I'm thinking something involving Branson." While new York was a city he hated,Branson was his arch nemesis. He was loathed there,even though his Elvis and tom Jones shows had rave reviews. "Randy always liked you. So it'll make him pleased as punch to see you two again." Erich says rather optimistically.. The longer they spoke,the more of their past relationship became more vivid in memory. It was egotistical, but it was far easier to accept Ada back into his life knowing she hadn't left him for someone else. Even if she had,for Marlena's sake, he probably still would accept Ada. But it probably wouldn't be such an easy clicking into place. Erich takes a deep breath as Ada brings up the rather stern,Swiss\Belgian elephant in the room. He wasn't exactly sure if Karoliena had spoken to as Ada. Karoliena had certainly made her feelings known to Erich when this whole thing started. "I'm going to assume you mean everyone's favorite dominatrix?" Erich says looking over to Ada. He wasn't sure what Karoliena said to Ada,if she said anything. But if it was anything like she said to Erich...it was beyond cruel. Karoliena loathed Ada and had no problem voicing this. " Ada... Karoliena hates you for what you did. She is... Surprisingly sensitive and takes everything personal. Through it all, I've always sort of defended you. So i think maybe she thinks it's her place to take up the anger she thinks I should have. I tried to get her to understand more about you, but you know. Some parts of your life aren't my story to tell." Erich tries to explain the dynamic between he and Karoliena. It probably was sad that Erich would defend his ex wife. But he sort of gave her a pass because of her past. "Her wife,Cassie couldn't care less one way or the or the other. Erica had no choice but to accept you." Erich laughs warmly at this part of the rundown of thoughts on the Ada situation. " Gretchen is.. Persuasive. Don't let the blonde hair and boobs fool you. She's Austrian all the way through. So stubborn, but in a good way." Erich chuckles. Gretchen was a wonderful addition to the group. She was very much at peace and wanted everyone else at peace too..or else. " um..selene, you'll probably never see. I....dont think you two would get along. Picture the exact opposite of me. That is her. She works like.....4 blocks that way." Erich points over to the south.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1216 Posted : 14 August 2019 12:21:22(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada laughs at Erich’s joke about Takara’s busy schedule and nods. “Understandable, understandable, there is a lot going on in the life of a child these days. We will just pencil in a meeting between the two of them.” Ada hadn’t even considered the possibility of somebody else bringing up their past around Marlena. She was now doubly worried about Marlena finding anything out about the two of them before they were able to tell her. “I would hate for anybody to feel like they would have to lie around Marlena,” she says softly, considering the consequences that would come with asking other people not to mention anything about their relationship as well. It didn’t feel like a good move. She certainly didn’t want anybody to think that she was ashamed of being previously married to Erich, after all. “Maybe we should just tell her.” Ada nods again to Erich referencing Karoliena. The very mention of her gave Ada extreme anxiety. She didn’t like to be on anybody’s bad side, especially not those who could really emotionally destroy her like she was sure Karoliena had the ability to do. “Karoliena sent me a message when you and I first started talking... She was not very charming in the message,” Ada admits, looking down at her shoes. She hated the idea of somebody hating her. But she was happy to hear that the rest of the old friends she used to have currently were more accepting of her than Karoliena was. Ada looked off in the direction that Erich pointed to where his girlfriend worked, and sighs a little. “The exact opposite of you, huh? How did you two meet?” She wasn’t sure she really wanted to know the answer, but it seemed like the right thing to ask. After all, this is how friendly exes are supposed to act towards each other, right?
Offline erich hess  
#1217 Posted : 15 August 2019 00:29:33(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich cracked up at Ada's use of pencil in. It was one of his favorite phrases. He did hope that a part of him would have a friendship with a part of Erica. Continue the legacy,so to speak. Biologically eris did, but he didn't count her. Marlena had quite a life of discovery ahead of her. She was brought into the world by and around some eccentric people. Aunt Erica was a chapter in and of herself. Erich nods in agreement at the prospect of just telling Marlena. " yeah. We should just rip the band aid off. I don't like keeping it from her. Not even for these few moments. It's not like there wasn't happiness around her coming into the world." There was far worse things to surround ones birth than what Marlena had. She did have two parents that loved her and each other. It's not like she was the product of a one night stand in a Denny's restroom. Erich inahles slightly at the confirmation of Karoliena contacting Ada....and it not being exactly pleasant. " um...like,how not charming?" Erich asks carefully. Where did Karoliena take things? Did she go for mentioning that she thought Erich traded up with selene? Or did she go straight for the self harm issues? Erich sighed heavily before adding," I'll talk to her." He wasn't looking forward to it, but this was his life and not hers. Erich hesitated before lightly touching Ada's back. Somehow she seemed even more fragile than before. Erich looked down slightly when asked about selene. It felt wrong to even have this conversation with ada. He squinted over towards the direction where selene probably was before looking back to ada. She was probably just being polite,so he answered fairly briefly. " yeah. This is probably best described by the fact she drives a land Rover." He laughs a short laugh to Ada. It felt wrong and odd to be having this conversation. He seemed to remember Ada being rather jealous of any women he knew. Now,he was talking about a girlfriend with her. " i..um..seem to remember commenting on some instagram post of her. She assumed i was just some creep until people made a big deal about it. She then learned i was a famous creep." Erich laughs nervously. Being put this way made it sound far more lecherous than it was. He almost asked Ada about anyone in her life, but Marlena seemed certain that Ada had no friends.

Ooc: that erich meeting selene story is missing parts i don't remember. It did start like that, but i forget where it went from one part to another. But i assure you, he wasn't like "nice ass,baby." To random women on the internet. He also had to work tp gain her favor. Miss japan started more seriously into school shortly after and the pair really never developed.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1218 Posted : 17 August 2019 01:04:38(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada looks over at Marlena and nods. “Do you want to tell her today? Maybe we can take her out for ice cream after this. Sugar her up and then tell her,” Ada suggests, trying to find the most comfortable way possible to let this news slip to Marlena. Although Marlena had never asked about her father, Ada was sure she knew that she had to have one. Marlena had had friends who obviously had fathers in their lives, Ada wondered why Marlena had never asked about her own before. “Oh no, please don’t speak to Karoliena about it!” Ada says anxiously, her nervousness beginning to bubble out of her the more she thought about Karoliena. Erich speaking to her about it could make it worse, Ada worried, and then Karoliena could reach out to Ada again - the highly worst thing that could happen in this situation for Ada. “I am sorry. I would prefer it if you did keep this between me and you. I do not want Karoliena to know I...” Snitched on her? Told on her, like children? “... to know I was so upset. She told me things that had happened after I left. She told me that they were all my fault - and they probably are, I am not denying that. I just do not want it to happen again.” Ada listened to Erich’s story of how he met Selene quietly, hardly taking a breath. She was still the jealous type, deep down, although she had tried to hold it back. She couldn’t help but think of her and Erich’s own love story, and how much better it was compared to his and Selene’s. She wanted to ask if he and Selene were in love the same way that she and Erich used to be in love, but she was afraid of the answer. She didn’t have anybody in her life, she felt utterly alone most days, and even more alone now. But she wasn’t sure what else she would have expected when she asked these questions to Erich. “She sounds lovely,” she says in a strained voice, leaning in Erich’s hand on her back lightly.
Offline erich hess  
#1219 Posted : 17 August 2019 02:09:58(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich also watches their daughter. He didn't know her, or how she might react. Would she really care? Would she ask the hard question: why doesn't dad live with them? Erich inhales a long breath in preparation. He gives Ada a slow nod before finally exhaling. If there was any time he could use a drink,it's now. "Can i request for my ice cream to be irished up?" He asks in a not really a joke. This was the point of no return. The proposed meeting of takara and erica were fantasy until this threshold was stepped over. Ada seemed quite intent that Karoliena not know about this conversation. Erich could appreciate that line of thought. Karoliena could be intimidating. Pants shittingly so. "All right. I'll let it be. "Erich says after Ada voices her concerns. He knew the times Karoliena referred to. He had put a lot on her after Ada left. Things still weren't normal between the pair. Once Karoliena's respect was lost, it wasn't easily gained back. " yeah...that wasn't really your fault. We both know I'm not the most responsible person. I certainly didn't ask her to take me in. " Erich says, taking some semblance of responsibility for his actions. Which was far closer to being a normal human being than he liked. He was already making plans on doing something outlandish after this. He was thinking of the old car in the pool trick. Erich knew Ada well enough to hear the tone in her voice and the curt appraisal of the selene story. She probably most certainly did not believe the words she spoke. "She is." He says . he didn't really know what to say. He didn't want to seem to downplay his relationship,but he didn't want to hurt Ada. He became aware he was still touching Ada's back. He considered stopping, but it would be like twisting the knife in her.

If Erich ever brought it up to Karoliena, i can see him doing it like miss puff when spongebob came to her about being bullied: don't worry,I used your name.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 17/08/2019(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1220 Posted : 17 August 2019 02:24:40(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

“Yes, mine too,” Ada answers back, also not really as a joke, to Erich asking if he can Irish up his ice cream. This was the difficult part, Ada had to keep reminding herself. After this, then it could be smooth sailing between the three of them. At least that’s what Ada hoped. Hearing that it wasn’t really Ada’s fault didn’t help much in Ada feeling like it wasn’t her fault. She would still continue to blame herself until maybe she worked it out in therapy. After all, she was the one that left. She had been the catalyst. She had brought this all on herself, and she needed to keep reminding herself of that. “Thank you for not saying anything,” she squeaks out quietly, feeling like the mood of the day had really gone down. She tried to think of a way to bring the mood back up, but now her mind was on Erich and Selene, and the only thing she could really do is be silent for a few moments while she thought. “Do you want to go now?” she asks. “Do get ice cream, I mean. We can go now and get it over with, and then we can go our separate ways again.”

OOC: Karoliena in the background, whip in hand.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
erich hess on 17/08/2019(UTC)