logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

73 Pages«<6162636465>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#1241 Posted : 17 August 2019 13:44:35(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17915 time(s) in 10409 post(s)
"oh we are going to get along just dandy." erich says to marlena. he also seemed to have a coating of teflon when it came to staying in trouble. a good dose of being endearing went a long way. also,in erich's case an army of well paid lawyers from studio60 did help. erich was already wanting to scoop ada and marlena up and take them to belgium. eris and takara could use back up with the older summers children. the kids there never got mean with each other,but it was inevitable that the older ones would align against the younger ones. if erich recalled,marlena and takara were very close in age.

"lenience is virtue,miss ada. especially with a child who rarely gets in trouble. for very long,at least." erich grins to ada and marlena. whatever ada had been doing seemed to work,so there was no reason to change now. one could tell rotten kids and marlena didnt seem to have that nasty streak in her at all. maybe she could even meet dustyn's son,shay. but NOT billy's son. erich would punt that little bastard before he let her near marlena.

erich's eyes widened at the rather curt response by ada. he still sort of smirked at it. his memory wasnt that far off from reality. ada did not appreciate being second guessed. it brought back that memory of a lifetime ago aboard the duke.erich was quiet for a moment and watched marlena with the games. the lights cast a wonderful reflection on her face. if this wasnt the best scenario for psychedelics,what was? erich leaned back in his own side of the booth and drummed his fingers lightly on the table. "honestly,i was joking when i first mentioned it. but...if you want to do it with me,i am all in on doing it with you. ada,do it with me." erich laughs and holds out his hand for a handshake.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1242 Posted : 18 August 2019 01:52:36(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Ada laughs a small laugh at Erich and Marlena bonding, knowing that truly probably the reason why she had a hard time staying upset at Marlena was because when Marlena did show those signs of rebellion, it reminded Ada too much of Erich for the punishment to last long. Marlena didn’t show too much of that part of herself today, but she was definitely Erich’s child. There was no denying her.

The handshake seemed rather formal for what they were agreeing to do together, but Ada took Erich’s hand and gave it a delicate shake anyway. It was true that she didn’t like to be second-guessed, but Erich perhaps made a good point that she didn’t know what kind of experience she was going to have. She was beginning to second-guess herself, but she had already made a scene over it. There was hardly anyway to go back from it now. “Are you sure?” she asks, her hand still in Erich’s as she looks at him from across the table. She didn’t want to do this unless she knew that Erich was okay with it as well.
Offline erich hess  
#1243 Posted : 18 August 2019 02:57:54(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

after getting what may have been the most unsure handshake in recent history,erich gave a nod of enthusiasm to ada. this had bad idea written all over it. doing powerful,mind altering substances with someone you're divorced from,have only been around for a couple hours,already established to have mental issues...oh,and has escaped from a cult. this was right up there with william s burroughs playing william tell...only with slightly less potential for death. but,no good time ever began with reading a book and drinking milk. erich wanted to answer ada's question honestly. the responsible thing would be to dissuade her,but he was assumed her question was a formality after he previous statement. "well...worst case scenario,we call someone to save us. i'm sure i know someone who could be here in an hour or so to trip sit." erich says quietly. he didnt even bother to ask if ada had a sitter for marlena. current subject being exempted,she didnt seem to be irresponsible.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1244 Posted : 18 August 2019 03:22:36(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

“Okay then! Fantastic!” Ada says back with more enthusiasm than was probably necessary for this adventure. “I can call Ada’s babysitter, and then meet you at your hotel later?” Ada wondered why Erich was staying in a hotel and not with his girlfriend if she was so close by, but she’d rather not ask. In truth, it was probably an answer she’d rather not actually have. Not only was she jealous of Selene for having Erich now, but she was jealous of Selene for seeming like a powerful businesswoman, something that Ada had always wanted to seem like, but had too many insecurities and anxieties to actually achieve, even at the height of her career.

As if on cue, Marlena ran back up to the table, laying her chin down on the table and looking up at the two adults. “If we’re not going to play games, can we please leave?” she asks, making Ada laugh.

“Yes, liebling, we are leaving now.”
Offline erich hess  
#1245 Posted : 18 August 2019 04:08:43(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"that sounds like a plan." erich agrees. "im at the fitzpatrick grand central. room 508. i'd like to have been at the chelsea,but this god forsaken city cannot get it's crap together." erich says with a hint of seriousness in his voice. he desperately wanted to stay in such a hotel and did blame the physical city itself for it still being renovated. he decided to stay at a semi decent hotel in case marlena had wanted to visit. if not? well,he'd have been fine dodging bullets in the seediest place he could find. he liked adventure.

it was absurd that erich had more than enough money to possibly buy the ice cream parlor,but couldnt give his daughter coins to play some games. if he ever got the duke back from mariko,there were games a plenty on there for her to play. providing her mother had marlena's tetanus shots up to date. " there will be plenty of games in your future,miss marlena. your mom and i will make sure of it." he tells her as he gets up.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1246 Posted : 18 August 2019 08:14:12(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

OOC: TIME JUMP.

Ada stands outside of Erich’s hotel room, her purse gripped tightly in her hand as she knocks on the door. She had changed clothes into something a bit more casual for this adventure they were about to embark on together - now in a striped black and white shirt and jeans - in the hopes that it would make her feel much more comfortable. She had called Marlena’s sitter - an also German older woman who would watch Marlena overnight if needed - who had quickly come over. The sitter had assumed Ada was going on a date, and Ada didn’t have the heart to correct her and say that she was actually going to meet her ex-husband in a hotel room to do psychedelics together. Surely, for somebody, this would be considered a date, in some David Lynch type world.
Offline erich hess  
#1247 Posted : 18 August 2019 08:35:44(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

in the hours since the split from his ex wife and daughter,erich had returned to the hotel he had rented for the weekend. logic would have dictated that he just save the few hundred bucks and stay with selene outside the city. but he wasnt sure how the meeting with ada was going to go and he tended to deal with the bad in life alone. it was easier to feel sorry for yourself in private. renting the room displayed exactly how he thought this was going to go,a pessimist through and through. erich had also changed into something far more comfortable. it was a rare time of him wearing shorts in the presence of someone else. a stolen jimmy buffett shirt covered his toso,and he didnt even bother with shoes . if people didnt know better,they could easily assume he liked jimmy buffett by wearing this outfit. his ears perked up when the knock on the door was heard. it had to be ada,nobody else knew he was here. he looked out the peep hole to see a familiar face. "umm..hello." he says when he opens the door. without the marlena buffer,the awkaredness had came back a bit for erich. he wanted to ask if she had come from a date,but didnt want to upset her. it wasa a nice outfit,ada always did seem to like black and white.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1248 Posted : 18 August 2019 08:46:08(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

“Oh, hello,” Ada says back, as if she were expecting him to not open the door for her at all. The awkwardness returning was not something that she had been expecting, but there it was nonetheless, swarming around the two of them again. She really didn’t want this to be a bad time for either of them, and considered turning around and just heading back to her apartment, but she was already here and the sitter had already been called. She had already made plans for this. “Nice shirt,” she jokes, knowing her ex-husband’s distaste for Jimmy Buffett. She steps into the room gracefully and delicately, as if there may be glass on the floor, not wanting to disturb the bedroom that Erich would be sleep in with all of her own energy.
Offline erich hess  
#1249 Posted : 18 August 2019 09:05:03(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"i..kinda didnt expect you to come." erich laughs softly when ada padded into the room. there were probably a hundred good reasons for her to have called it off. he really couldnt think of many that would have pushed her to come here. still,it was nice that she was here. today had went well,so erich would have been in search of company. even it was his original plan of taking up a spot at some bar and holding court. "what,this old thing? i just threw it on." erich jokes,holding the shirt away from his torso as if it were trying to cling to him. "i stole this from key west. somehow cassie booked us to open..open,i say! for a jimmy buffett tribute band. i think she was still trying to dominate karoliena in some way." erich laughs and gestures towards the living area of the suit. there were chairs that werent as comfortable as they looked,a coffee table and a gideons bible. erich didnt want to touch it. he assumed all these books were covered in dried bodily fluids. "you..um,look nice. i kinda feel underdressed in my own room. " he tells her with a grin
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1250 Posted : 18 August 2019 09:25:40(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

“Oh. Really?” Ada asks, cocking her head to the side slightly when she asks. In Ada’s mind, there was no way that she couldn’t come, after the small scene she had made in the ice cream parlor, and after getting everything situated with Marlena and the sitter. She had made this decision and now she had to see it through. It was either stubbornness or pure anxiety that pushed her along now, but definitely some part kept pushing her until she ended up outside Erich’s hotel door. Ada makes her way to one of the chairs and sits on the edge of it, crossing her legs and smiling at Erich’s story of getting booked for the tribute band. “And you stole one of their shirts as retribution. That will show them!” Ada laughs, loving stories of Erich’s hijinks, even when they’re as small as stealing a shirt. There was a time when Ada had tried to calm Erich down a bit, and tried to bring him down to a level of calmness so that they could raise a baby together with Ada being able to trust Erich. But Ada saw now that that had been wrong on her end to try to change her husband. She knew who he was when she married him - hell, it was why she married him. Why try to change him that late in the game? “Oh, thank you,” she blushes, smoothing out her jeans. “I just wanted to wear something comfortable tonight. This is just some old shirt.”
Offline erich hess  
#1251 Posted : 18 August 2019 09:52:51(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"yeah..a little." erich says,looking down at the carpet that was far too nice to have his feet on it. he didnt really want to admit the reason behind his thinking ada wouldnt come was her having no real reason to be around him now. he guessed mescaline wasnt that common,but it could be ordered in raw form off ebay if one was so inclined. stiil,if she was here for the drugs,he had to admit he admired her living up to the words erich glommed on to from doctor thompson: buy the ticket,take the ride. erich did love ada's sounds of delight. they were just so genuine. " oh yeah. we also performed my head hurts,my feet stink,and i dont love jesus. it was a dick move as they were really innocent,but how innocent can any one in a jimmy buffett tribute band be?" erich asks as this was day one stuff anyone should know. he respected ada's wishes of retirement,but couldnt see how anyone would want to not to be a musican anymore. maybe being responsible for a child affected that. his other friends seem to handle it fine though. erich took a chair across from ada and brought his ankle over one of his knees. " so...you want to get down to it,or relax for a bit. even if we take it now-" he starts,but stops himself. ada knew what she was getting in to. he didnt want to offend her again.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1252 Posted : 18 August 2019 10:31:54(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

“May I ask why?” Ada inquires. She could honestly think of many reasons why she wouldn’t have come, but she wanted to hear Erich’s reasonings as well. Would he try to talk her out of it again? She wanted to know. If anybody out of the two of them were an expert on psychedelics, it would be him. Ada was here for the drugs, yes, it had been years since she had done anything, and she wanted desperately to feel what it was like again. On the other hand, though, she was also here for Erich. Being around him again had been that reminder of what they had been like when they were together, and Ada wanted to hold on to that feeling for a little bit longer. It was a good feeling, and one that was hard to let go. The nostalgia of getting high with Erich again was exactly what she was craving. “Yes, right, let us... get down to it,” she says with a small laugh. “As long as that is okay with you.”
Offline erich hess  
#1253 Posted : 18 August 2019 10:47:14(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

the beauty of being split from someone was the honesty it let loose. there was no more pressure to attempt to please the person across from you anymore. no more looking to avoid a fight. "well. lets face it. without marlena,you have no reason to have to be around me." he states simply. he does busy himself with tipping over the coconut monkey that decorated the table between them. he had packed it with many of the substances he wanted. a bent blunt and several pale green capsules spill out. usually erich just chewed the cactus itself,but it was easier getting pills on to a plane. he looks down at the spilled substances and to ada before pushing several capsules over to her. it was both exciting and odd to be doing this with ada. she had spent the better part of the waning days of their relationship trying to get him to stop...and here she was looking to partake with him. he places his flask on the table for something to wash down the capsules with. "you go first,miss ada. i dont want you backing out after i've taken the plunge." he says with a wink to her.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1254 Posted : 18 August 2019 11:10:28(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada bites her lip softly at Erich’s evaluation of their situation. He was right, she really had no reason to be here. “I can leave if you want me to,” she offers genuinely, shifting in her seat a little. She didn’t realize how desperate it looked for her to still be around Erich when the day was clearly supposed to be over between the two of them. The anxiety started to creep over her again, and she had to remind herself to relax, she wasn’t with anybody dangerous or anybody that was going to harshly judge her. She was with Erich, who already knew almost everything about her. If he were judging her, he probably would have left several years ago. She laughs a little, and takes the capsules into her hand, looking at them and rolling them around. “Do I take all of them?” she asks naively, looking back up at Erich.
Offline erich hess  
#1255 Posted : 18 August 2019 11:23:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"no no no." erich replies to ada,nearly reaching his hands out to stop her. he didnt want her to leave at all. on the surface it was because he felt she already had the sitter and traveled here. but under that,he still thoroughly enjoyed her company. "i..it's nice to be around you again,miss ada. i really did miss you...after the initial fury waned." erich laughs at the situation. there was a time when bruised ego demanded he feel bitter about things,but that eventually cooled into just wanting her to be ok. which is where things were now. erich watches ada's apprehension and fights the urge to retort that she knows how this works. it might come off as mean rather than good natured. if erich was anything,it was good natured.
"yes. it's really just the ground up cactus. its not concentrated or anything." he explains to ada,looking at the pills. " you know,we dont have to. if you just want to sit and talk,that is fine too. i still have a few hours on my pledge to be sober today." he smiles at ada. if she backed out now,he certainly wouldnt hold it against her.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1256 Posted : 18 August 2019 11:45:33(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada smiles brightly at Erich, and then looks down at her hands, blushing slightly. Hearing that Erich had missed her was exactly what Ada wanted to hear. There was a part of her that was afraid she hadn’t of been missed in all of that time, but it was nice to know that that wasn’t true. “I really missed you too, Erich,” she says back softly, still smiling widely. “I missed you every day.” She looks at the capsules in her hand again, and then shakes her head. “No, no, I... I want to do this,” Ada says with a nod before grabbing the flask off of the table and washing the capsules down. For a moment, she was almost horrified at what she had just done, but she calmed down after thinking about how Erich was the perfect person to do this with. She handed the flask over to him calmly, tucking her hair behind her ears with her other hand. “Your turn. Now that I am in, you cannot back out on me,” she says with a laugh.
Offline erich hess  
#1257 Posted : 18 August 2019 12:08:21(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

it did hurt a bit to hear that ada missed him every day. this was far easier when she was just a one dimensional evil villain. erich returned a small smile to ada. they did make a good pair in spite of all that happened. this is also the first time erich realized this might be a bad idea in ways other than ada not being able to handle the drugs. ada was here (hopefully) for at least ten hours. he didnt want her wandering around the city on a hallucinogen alone. this...this could be hard to explain to anyone looking in. "you should have just told me,ada. id have understood..maybe." erich replies with a small smile. with ada now seemingly fine,he didnt have any bitterness towards her. but he was certain that later tonight,it would all come out. if they wanted it to or not. so he wanted to get a head start on that. erich watched ada take the pills and pass the point of no return...well,depending on if she could make herself throw up. a flash of sadness crossed erich's face when he realized she probably could. erich took the capsules and swallowed them sans liquid. it probably wasnt a skill to be proud of,but he'd long since passed the point where he needed to drink to take pills. "now we play the waiting game. " he says optimistically. "its shame we dont have the duke. this is so much better outside."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1258 Posted : 18 August 2019 12:21:10(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada bites her bottom lip again and nods. “I was not able to tell you where I was. That was part of the rules. I could not tell anybody where I was,” Ada explains softly. At the time, being able to disappear was part of the allure of joining the cult. Maybe if she herself could disappear, then the anxiety and depression and all other mental health problems would disappear as well. Of course, that’s not how it worked out, but at the time, it felt like a good idea. “I do regret doing it,” she continues. “I regret leaving you and taking Marlena away like I did. It would have been better for us to just have... gone to couples’ counseling or something fucking boring like that.” The mescaline hadn’t even kicked in yet, and Ada was already laying down some heavy stuff on Erich. She gives him a small apologetic smile and then waves her hands in front of her face, as if to say that she’d stop talking about it if Erich wanted her to. “Aww, the Duke...” she says with a nostalgic sigh, remembering all the wonderful times the group of them had had together on that old ship. “Who has it now?”
Offline erich hess  
#1259 Posted : 18 August 2019 12:45:23(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

when ada brought up particulars of the cult,erich was instantly sorry he had spoken. to him it didnt matter what went on. it was the past and nothing could change that. the future may be unwritten,but the past was etched in stone. erich understood the allure of the disappearing. he did it all the time with the duke. he spend many a week out in the middle of the ocean. only having open sea in all directions...there was an appeal to feeling like one was outside of time. "i...shouldnt have said that. i am sorry. the past doesnt matter,the future doesnt either. it's just the moment." erich said ,attempting to not have the conversation about that part of ada's life. gretchen wasnt just the jokingly referred to spiritual leader of the hess clan. her bringing Buddhist thought to the group had served to bring calm to a group of of people looking for direction. "miss ada, do you thing either of us would have went to counseling? " erich laughs to ada. they were both to proud to do such a thing or to air the worst parts of their relationship to a third party. erich was fine diving as bluntly into the past as they could. this was probably the best time to do it. "the duke is going strong." erich assures ada. it was a constant in the whirlwind of life. the old ship kept in chugging. " mariko has it. she and vara are in jamaica and having a great time from what i hear." he says with a small smile to ada. he could only assume that mariko and vara were on some level,reconciling. erich looks around and opens the mini bar for ada. "16 dollar can of sprite? its on studio60's dime." he grins devilishly. atomic war bride had what most people would consider a terrible contract: most profits went to studio60. but money wasnt important to erich. he just wanted to be able to freely sow chaos.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1260 Posted : 20 August 2019 02:23:59(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada nods slowly at Erich’s estimation of the past and the future. She had never known Erich to take on such a spiritual line of thought before. She assumed Gretchen was the culprit in this. In the short time that they had met when Gretchen walked her home when she was having a panic attack, Ada came to understand the effect that Gretchen could have on others. Unfortunately, as a constant worrier, it was difficult for Ada to accept that the past and the future didn’t matter. “Do not apologize,” she says softly, waving her hands again. “Perhaps I should spend more time with Gretchen. She seems to have had a profound effect on you.” Ada laughs a little as well at the idea of them going to counseling together. They certainly were fine airing all of their fights over Twitter, but definitely the idea of going to an actual therapist and airing them seemed a little too much. “You are right. I guess I was just trying to say that... I should have done everything in my power to save our marriage before I threw it away.” Ada smiles at the idea of the Duke still heroically sailing the seas, keeping relationships together after all this time. Even hearing that Mariko and Vara were on the ship currently made Ada happy. That made the ship seem hopeful. It was on the Duke the first time Erich and Ada told each other that they loved each other, Ada still remembered that clearly. “Do you remember,” she starts, “you telling me for the first time that you loved me on the Duke?” She nodded her head happily to the offer of Sprite. “Yes, please, danke.”