logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

754 Pages«<746747748749750>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#14941 Posted : 29 March 2020 03:02:24(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
"so you had the old sniparroo and got to read from the torah at 14..or is it 15? fuck if i know. i know it like 12 or so for girls. so i guess that old thing about girls maturing faster than boys is true." erich starts this off as a joke,but his laughter fades. in this case,a woman did mature faster than he did. he's still kicking around just dandy and this man's mother was dead. erich sort of chuckles along with micah and looks around as well. ipswich was pretty far away from the urban sprawl and decay of london. there was no elsie would have seemed like the most glamorous person in town,even if she had toned down in her later years and it sounded like she really didnt. well,other than becoming an actual and decent mother. the woman erich knew was about as far from that as possible. but... maybe people change. even if he didnt. once he took leave of this man,erich had some thinking to do. that much was sure. "well,the adicts are from here and i think they're the oldest touring punk rock band with the original line up. ipswich has that. i'm frankly disappointed there arent more people in bowler hats round here. still cant see her as a mother,but it looks like she did a bang up job. she was a sweet person..even if she probably never took you on night raids to destroy public property. "erich laughs softly. micah seemed to turn out fine. he hadnt tried to stab him yet,so elise either taught him right...or taught him to lure people into false security THEN stab them. "she looked happy when she performed,even when we had like 10 people in a crowd. thats a the mark of a professional." erich told micah with a sad smile.

erich frowned slightly at the assessment of derek. but he understood,or at least the proper words did. it may not have been the most fun choice,but sometimes one should do what is best for their offspring. he had never had to make this decision,his own parents certainly didnt. but in a way,he could understand through erica. she put off finding a real partner until she had found just the right one. if gretchen wasnt amazing,erica would never have involved her in takara's life... jesus,was ada making the right decision to bring him back into marlena's life? maybe he had changed a little towards the better. "real life certainly sucks when it muscles in. if it wasnt for the need for a safe choice,dull people would remain single forever. " erich said,trying to make as light as he could of this. it was certainly getting more and more personal for micah. the old days would have been a mystery to him,but these times were probably very clear. erich had a pretty witty observation on just what caroline was to elsie. but he wasnt about to make a sex based joked about this kid's dead mother. but erich was sure that nobody in the history of man was ever fucked properly by a man named derek. now a caroline that also sold drugs? that was a far better prospect in that department. "caroline could have been a tiny taste of the old life that life with derek didnt deliver. unless she was a full service drug dealer with a focus on customer service,i think she had to be more. especially if she visited in the hospital and was the only one."erich said optimistically. he didnt like where this conversation was going. it was fun anymore to get towards the end of this story. his curiosity was up and he felt now was the right time to ask. "if someone had told me,i'd have come to see her...so...wo what finally got her?"

it was tragic circumstances for sure,but erich nodded and shook micah's hand. " mr micah,i presume." he said with great flourish.

ooc: now im picturing elsie and caroline as the women from absolutely fabulous.

Edited by user 29 March 2020 03:03:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Online BrownSugar  
#14942 Posted : 29 March 2020 04:23:04(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
"Yeah, a brit milah is the sniparoo ceremony. It's lovely that there's only a one letter difference between that and my name. The bar mitzvah is the one at 13. It's a celebration commemorating my religious adulthood. To be fair, I've always been rather mature and it just felt natural. I never felt forced into it. I enjoyed it all. I still do. Brings me a lot of peace and comfort. I know it's not exactly cool to be religious nowadays but it's always been part of my life. Even when my mum steered away from it a few years down the line, she never forced me to do anything I didn't want. She kept on supporting me and was proud that I kept my faith." Micah is hoping that he's not coming across as one of those religious nuts. He doesn't want to give Erich TWO reasons to run away. In this day and age, a lot of people see religion as a red flag but for Micah, it's more of a comfort and sense of belonging rather than the defining of his life and personality. On the subject of night raids, Micah laughs as he recalls his mother's more rebellious side. "Well, I don't know about night raids but I have a distinct memory of her being arrested when I was six. Apparently she punched a construction worker who said something lewd to her. Caroline collected me from school that day, took me to the park and then when my mum was let go, we came down to this very area and got chips." Micah can't help but smile glowingly at the memory. "Even then, it wasn't a scary thought. My mum always stood up for the right thing. When I went to see her at the station, she was all smiles. No tears, no fear. It was more like an adventure than anything."

When asked about her death, Micah goes quiet for a moment. It's hard to talk about her actual demise as it is still quite raw. Saying it out loud makes it real. He can talk for days about when she was alive as that conjures up some wonderful thoughts but her death is another story. "Well...as you know, she liked a drink...or twenty. Liver failure," he says with a shrug, seeming rather defeated. It was such a boring and undeserving way to go for someone as bright as Elsie. "When I say that I feel like people judge her. I feel like her death smears her name a little. It doesn't as I know the truth. A lot of other probably think "alcoholic" though. To be fair, I guess she was one. A functioning one. I don't ever remember seeing her blackout drunk. She was never like that around me at least. I remember her being tipsy...a lot. In all honesty, she did drink every day. Performing in bars and clubs also never helped that."

Micah looks up at the sky, composing himself again. He doesn't wish to reach the point of no return where he opens the floodgates. He can cry later. "Are...are you still in contact with anyone else who knew her from that time? I'd like for people to know. I've been trying to research and look people up but it's hard. Mum only started talking in depth about you guys just a few days before she passed. I don't have a lot to go on. She probably has or at least had pictures somewhere. Haven't found anything like that yet. We moved around a lot. Mum had a LOT of stuff. Still a lot to look through. It became a bit too much so I took a step back from it for a bit. Currently living with my girlfriend and her parents at the moment."

OOC: That actually works as a great visual aid lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline erich hess  
#14943 Posted : 29 March 2020 05:55:11(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"its a fucked up world,so whatever gets you through it without being those westborough baptist fucks." erich replies with a shrug. he wasnt one to really pay any mind to religion until it was used against people. he wasnt even sure exactly how much it played a part in marlena's life. he knew she went to temple every now again. "plus sticking with it,you do get a cool hat.so you got that going too micah." erich grins. he may not be into religion,but he loved the trappings of it all. he was a man that for all his simplicity,he also loved pomp and circumstance. erich laughed loudly when hearing about elise getting arrested while micah was in school. "that certainly sounds like her. a belly full of fire in that one. she wasnt one to take shit from anyone.so that had to be either horrifying,or gave you lots of street cred at school. the ladies do love a bad boy."
he says with a wink. there were certain things in life where ones parents getting arrested would be cool. slugging a rude man? cool. getting busted with meth while turning tricks? not cool. erich did like that micah seemed to see his mother as someone who did like the odd bit of adventure and not someone who was a screw up. some children may not be so forgiving of the idea of their parent getting arrested.

when the method of how elise met her end is revealed,erich sighs and looks out at the water. briefly the thought of how much the fuel the duke was going to cost crosses his mind. it was better than thinking of the person he knew as a vivacious 19 year old meeting her fate in a hospital bed. yellow and with hoses running in and out of her. liver failure wasnt a pretty way to go. "god damn. i am sorry." erich says to micah softly. how many gallons of liquor had the pair taken in during the short time they had known each other? how many had erich had since? yet,he was here,right as rain and seemingly in the prime of life? life had a funny way of choosing who lived and who died. hell,erich was half drunk right now. "music in one of the few professions in the world where doing it drunk is considered fine. fucking awful way to go. alcoholic sounds so negative. it wouldnt be right to describe her so." erich says sadly.

erich shoves his hands back in his pockets. the shorts have such a strange feeling as opposed to his usual jeans. the coins and knife seem to bounce about more freely in the loose material. he answers micah with a little nod. "erica and nina would remember her. nobody else would. karoliena didnt enter the picture till a bit later." erich says with another sigh. he was sure this was very hard for micah. erich knew it made him feel his own mortality. even if he knew full well that he would live until 2077. he was slated to die on the 100th anniversary of elvis presley's death. "not to be a bastard,but if she was talking about us...i'm not a hard man to contact. as the kids say, my dm's are open."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Online BrownSugar  
#14944 Posted : 29 March 2020 06:48:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"She got scared..." Micah says in defence of her lack of communication and openness towards everything regarding those days. Micah can feel his knees start to wobble again. He know wishes he mentioned the big news earlier as it's growing harder and harder to say it now. "From what I gather, she really loved those days. Whenever I asked her about what she did way back when, she was always short but sweet about it all. She always had a smile on her face whenever it cropped up in conversation. What I also recall is that she loved the thrill of travelling and being young, free and reckless. As much as she loved it, that's what also terrified her in the end. The lack of...safety, I guess." Micah has gone from being breezy to now barely looking Erich in the eye. He knows that the subject is going to crop up any minute now and it's uncharted territory for him. Micah still isn't sure how he feels about it himself let alone having to deal with Erich's response too. "See...uh...the thing is...my mum didn't just up and leave you guys to go and plan a family. She was...she was already pregnant when she was in the band. The thought of raising a child in that lifestyle scared her." Micah turns back around and meets Erich's eyes. He hasn't said the dreaded words but is planting enough seeds to allow Erich to prepare himself for it. "Sir, I was born in March 2001."
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14945 Posted : 29 March 2020 07:03:59(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"i can appreciate that. i mean there are dereks in this world for a reason,right?" erich says with a little grin. he figures micah's change is really due to the fact it was easier to speak of his mother during the fun years,not the decline. he also assumes this was micah's way of saying elise didnt want to be seen in that state by people who knew her back then. erich would be the same way. he wouldnt want people to know when life was having its way with him and he wasnt the person they remembered. "that life would be hard to bring a child up in. the parents i do know in this business still seem to have one parent that stays home more than the other. karoliena has cassie,erica has gretchen,i have ada. though i think we're still hammering out particulars in the last one." erich tells micah optimistically to support his mother making the right choice. she sounded like she did a perfect job as anyone could. probably better than most since she had a few marriages. erich doesnt really put the dates together. "well,i guess that's as a good a reason as any to leave. she should have said something though, we could have had a going away ice cream social or something. we were all degenerates,but we'd never give a pregnant woman alcohol." erich chuckles. he assumed an ice cream social would be the perfect going away party. he'd certainly want one.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#14946 Posted : 29 March 2020 07:40:16(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Sir...here's the thing..." Micah begins, momentarily closing his eyes and taking in a deep breath of sea air. He can't quite believe that the moment is here. The setting of Ipswich Haven Marina is actually rather fitting as it's a place that provided a lot of great family moments growing up. Not to mention the fact that Erich himself has a ship. The home comfort of the area still doesn't make breaking the news any less scary though. "OK...um...I...I told you about all of the guys my mum married. None of them were my dad. They all came into her life after I was born. She...uh..." Micah takes a pause to swallow the lump in his throat as the conversation gets closer to the bone. "She never told me about my real dad. She'd always say that he was "away". That he was on the other side of the world and that...that he was part of her old life...and that I was her new life. It upset me for a little bit, not having a real dad, but I got over it. All I needed was my mum. I couldn't miss what I never had." Micah grits his teeth, fighting through the emotion and the back and forth in his mind. He HAS to push through and get this over with. "When...when she knew she was dying, she told me so many things that she kept secret and...she told me about my father." Micah takes a deep breath and then exhales, looking up at the sky for a few seconds, trying to detach momentarily to hopefully rack up some confidence. "Sir...she said...she said y-...she said that it's you. She said...she fell pregnant after you and her...well. It's you." Micah's eyes start to tear up as he reveals the news and lifts some of the emotional weight. He wipes his eyes with the cuff of his shirt.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14947 Posted : 29 March 2020 07:54:11(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich didnt interrupt micah as he spoke,as it got clearer and clearer exactly where he was taking this. when it was finally out,erich stopped his strolling and stood in place for a moment. while it was entirely possible,there was no way it was POSSIBLE. lets get serious here,everyone was fucking like rabbits in those days.if it were possible,there'd be a lot more kids running around,right? right? erich chose his words carefully as it didnt want it sound like he was disparaging this man's mother and a woman that played a large part in erich's early life. " i...i .. how could she know? neither of us were exactly exclusive to each other. we were close,but we didnt have that sort of relationship,micah." erich explains,now really wanting to get out of here. this wasnt fun anymore. he had no want of other adult children. he had dustyn and that is how things were. randy did the same thing for him,erich did the same for dustyn. that is just how life is. there isnt a weird guy who is erich's biological son. the guy didnt even look like him.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#14948 Posted : 29 March 2020 08:25:27(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I know that the pair of you weren't exclusive but according to her, the dates and all that, they...they matched up to you." Micah too feels trapped and wants this to be over but there's so much to say. He knows for a fact that his mum isn't a liar. He has to make sure he gets the point across to Erich. "Look, I...I'm not saying you broke her heart or anything. I know what you two were. She knew what you two were. That's fine. I'm not here to yell at you for something you were unaware of. Something that went under the radar for 20 years." Micah sighs and runs a hand through his hair, wanting the ground to swallow him up. This is a very uncomfortable conversation, one which he has no prior experience to draw upon for help. It still has to be said though. "Sir, my mum was a lot of things but she wasn't a liar. I know it and you know it," Micah says, trying to drive home the fact that this is the truth, more so for his mother's sake than anything else. He isn't at the wind up here. Whether or not Erich even wants to be his dad is a totally different kettle of fish. Right now, Micah just wants to be believed. "Sir...I'm not...I'm not looking for twenty years worth of pocket money from you. I know this is so far out of the fucking blue. I've only known for two months myself. It's true though. You're my dad, sir."
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14949 Posted : 29 March 2020 08:41:27(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich's eyes narrow more and more as micah speaks. there is a probable chance that he is correct. he and elise were rather....frequent. so maybe she is..was correct. but...there was a smaller and uglier thought growing in erich. what if none of this is true and erich was the best option to send micah to? erich couldnt help feel lied to over this and elise wasnt here to discuss this with. " well..." erich starts,not quite as jovial as he was before. his demeanor could be described as being more offended than anything. " a lie of omission is still a lie. you know what? i'll fucking buy that she's right about me. while not exclusive,there probably wasnt time for anyone else. but...20 years? again,i'm not a hard man to get a hold of. i frankly do feel lied to." erich states. he doesnt want to take his bitterness out on this man,but its getting harder not to.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#14950 Posted : 29 March 2020 09:13:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"She said that that environment wasn't safe to raise a child in. She left to raise and looking after me. It was nothing personal against you and the others. I'm sure there were many times where she wanted to reach out but...maybe...maybe it just got harder the longer she left it?" There are a lot of butts and maybes about it all. Micah doesn't know the ins and outs of his mother's thoughts throughout the last two decades. He's still trying to get his head around it all too. "My mum wasn't a spiteful person. I'm sure it was to protect everyone involved. And I'm definitely sure she wasn't counting on you turning up and bumping into me two months after she passed." It is all a very spooky coincidence. Micah and Erich went two decades not knowing about one another and pretty much as soon as Elsie spills the truth, they just so happen to cross paths. "Please...please don't hate my mum." Micah is more concerned about Erich's feelings towards Elsie at this point. "Do...do you want to talk with me more or...?" Micah asks, knowing in his heart that Erich probably doesn't want to get to know his son any further. It's clear that the air is filled with denial, confusion and even a little anger. He's pretty sure that if Erich was happy about the news, he would've received a hug or something by now.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14951 Posted : 29 March 2020 09:50:08(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"well,she wasnt wrong there. " erich says with a humorless laugh. "i guess your mother had the maturity to see that writing on the wall. i can barely do the dad thing now." he says with a shrug and looking back towards the duke. doing the math in his head,its going to cost about 116,000 dollars to fuel the duke. diesel is far easier to come by than the uranium needed for the reactor. who'd have thought sketchy soviet era reactors would be inefficient. more to the point at hand,he had forgotten it was only a few months after elsie had passed. it'd be a real dick move to lash out at micah.for elsie's sake,he would not. she must have had her reasons not to tell erich. maybe the more time passed,maybe she saw the type of person erich was and didnt want her son around that. erich couldnt blame her for that. still,maybe she should have left micah's parentage out of the picture. will erica ever tell takara that some boyfriend of nicole shade's was the father? maybe. but erich couldnt see how it would ever be important. "maybe she did make the right decision by keeping the secret. i guess i cant fault her when you put it that way." erich says,now finally studying his son. yeah,they could go the route of a paternity test,but elise was wild,but not THAT wild. if she said it was him,then by god it was him."i...guess we go back to what we were doing before? i dont think playing catch out here on the docks is really going to do much. you have your girlfriend to get back to,i have a girlfriend to get back to..." erich says while trailing off.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#14952 Posted : 29 March 2020 10:34:02(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Don't worry, I'm not looking to play catch or have you read me a bedtime story. I'm 19 and I'm at university. I'm not looking for someone to raise me," Micah says with a slight smile, hoping to keep Erich at ease. A lot of people in Micah's shoes would freak out and hate Erich and Elsie. Fortunately, he's a very bright guy with a lot of compassion. He gets that from his mother. Sure, it still stings a little knowing that he missed out on having a "proper" dad growing up but what's done is done. Micah doesn't know any different. It's not like he yearned for a father during his childhood years. His mother was enough. Before Erich leaves, Micah wants to air his final thoughts. While he isn't exactly looking for someone to chase away the monsters from under his bed, Micah doesn't want this to be his one and only encounter with his dad. He meant a lot to his mother and, well, Micah wouldn't be here if it weren't for him. "Could...could I maybe message you at some point? Just...every once in a while? I kind of feel a duty now and...you're kinda cool. You have a ship," Micah says, nodding towards the distant Duke. "I uh...I've seen your social media stuff. I've searched you up many times but I couldn't bring myself to actually reach out. I mean, how could I even put all of that into a message?" Micah puts his hands in his pockets and starts to back away, ready to return to regularly scheduled life.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14953 Posted : 29 March 2020 11:00:00(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"if i was reading you a bedtime story,i'll be damned if its that one with the kid and his mom. the cover has a little kid in a bathroom. fuck that nonsense. once reading that is a enough. " erich says firmly. years ago some one bought it for marlena. erich read it once and threw it away directly after. "unless you have a tiny kid. you probably wont know the book." he quickly adds. it did hit erich that micah was about the age he was when he...uknowingly helped install micah. jeez. they were just kids. hell,he was older than erich and erica were when they had their little incident. erich really didnt know what to do. it wasnt like he and elise would've ever been more than what they had been to each other. especially since it seemed like she grew up and he didnt. erich paused and thought awhile about what micah was asking. his first instinct was to tell him absolutely not..but the young man had a hell of a time and it'd only been a few months since his mother died. erich could be cruel,but he couldnt be that cruel. he'd agree for now and eventually micha would lose interest. easy peasy. "yeah. you know how to reach me. i dont have a phone that works as a phone. so.." erich trails off and holds up his phone with a shrug. it was in rough shape and had the microphone and camera taped over. in spite of using the internet ,erich was scared of robot overlords spying on him. " i get why you didnt message me this. its probably better you didnt. i'd probably have told you to fuck off." erich laughs,but its clear he is serious. its far easier for him to be cruel when he isnt face to face with someone. "i guess you should know you have two half sisters. marlena von wannemaker and eris summers. jesus christ,you'd think for someone rendered sterile from the duke i'd have less god damned kids."

no. seriously. fuck this book.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#14954 Posted : 25 September 2020 06:36:29(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
It was surprising to think that it had been over three years since he had last gone on a date. Was this even a date? Was he just meeting a former acquaintance that he once did go on a date with? Was this just as friends now? All these questions were running through his mind. On the surface, his demeanor rarely shifts from the cool, suave, composed man he puts out to the world, when internally his mind is usually running at a one hundred and fifty miles per hour, for better or worse. They had seen each other recently, granted in passing, but have been exchanging messages back and forth for the last few weeks. Ryan thought it was appropriate to meet up once he was in Los Angeles again, removed from his safe haven of Montana.

Since he was unsure of what to call this encounter, he chose to keep the setting for it casual, rather whatever he considered that to be. Instead of doing some grand dinner at one of the hotspots in town where he rents out the whole damn place, he picked a bar to keep it more easygoing for his standards. Hernandez was friends with the owner of said bar, so it was easy for him to reserve a spacey, comfortable lounge area for himself and his guest. The space had a low-lit Speakeasy prohibition-era vibe to it, where they would be seated was more a secluded booth. Ryan wore a lightweight floral patterned jacket with a simple gray t-shirt underneath, a pair of ripped black jeans, and white sneakers. He took a seat at the corner of the booth, setting his phone down on the table as he took in the atmosphere around him taking a long sip from the glass of water that was nearest.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 25/09/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14955 Posted : 25 September 2020 22:23:11(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Serenity was almost astounded to find herself in this position. Of course her and Ryan had known each other for years and had remained cordial after their date but after all of the aftermath of the new few months to come, they had both parted ways. At least on a romantic front. She had no ill feelings towards him and was a big believer in timing and everything happening when it was supposed to happen so when the two were exchanging messages back and forth, she was interested to see where this might go. Now, Serenity had her long list of men she had heart broken or had a broken heart from but she never let that deter her. When they had a chance meeting at the FCAs, she didn't think much of it but now a few weeks later they were meeting up for drinks. She wasn't sure if they were meeting as casual friends or if it was supposed to be something more but she wasn't going to let that be on her mind all night. As far as she was concerned, she considered a friend.

She decided for herself that she didn't want to ruin things by dressing way too extravagant for just a night out and found herself in a black mid drift with lace at the bottom of it and a red and black plaid skirt that was high enough to expose some of her skin but low enough to cover what needed to be covered. She also had a black leather jacket hanging around her arms since sometimes the weather in LA was unpredictable. She had recently chopped her hair and was sporting a cute wavy bob. When she arrived at their agreed meeting place, she walked inside to see if she could spot her accomplice for the evening. As soon as she does, she turns toward him and walks over, a wide smile creeping on her lips. "Well, hello there. I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long?" Serenity had one of those smiles where not only did her lips physically turn upward but her eyes also smiled along, making her look like a happy-go-lucky teenager sometimes.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
PANIC! on 25/09/2020(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#14956 Posted : 26 September 2020 00:32:56(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

That date he had with Serenity long ago tends to get lost in translation, not necessarily to him, but to the general perspective of things. She happened to be someone he had a single date with between the fallout of his relationship with Nadia and the start of his romance with Izzy. He couldn’t compare her now to the version of herself he knew all those years back. It’s only natural that people change and grow over the years. He knew that better than most. Whether or not this grew into something on the romantic front, he was happy and excited to see her in a more intimate, face to face setting again.

Ryan was running a hand through his jet black hair, which usually just stood tall and formless, but now was long enough to pull back to remove any loose strands from his face. A familiar voice brings him out of his daze, instantly smiling when he sees her. It wasn’t a forced friendly smile, it was genuine. He felt like she had this vibrant, youthful energy to her that was easy to buy into. “No, not at all. You’re not doing it right unless you are a little fashionably late. That’s the LA way.” Ryan stood up from his seat and took the few steps towards her to give her a hug. He forgot just how short in stature she was as he had nearly a foot taller on her. He embraced her in a hug for a few moments before backing away, admiring her outfit and overall frame in the process with a smirk cracking at the corner of his lips. “You look fantastic, by the way. I’m really happy you could make it. I know I’m not the easiest person to plan things with since I don’t live full-time here,” he said aloud in a gentle tone before pointing at the booth so she could take a seat. “Have a seat, please. We can make this a bit more formula than at the FCAs,” remarking with a soft chuckle following it.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14957 Posted : 26 September 2020 00:55:52(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Serenity chuckled a little before hugging Ryan back. "Well...yeah you're right. I wouldn't be honoring the tradition if I came any earlier." It slipped her mind how tall Ryan was, but to be fair Serenity was only 5'4" so everyone she met was taller than her. She was pretty small in nature but she made up for that with her personality. When Ryan complimented her outfit, she pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear, grinning. "Thank you. You look wonderful yourself." She sits down in front of him at the booth, letting her jacket sit comfortably on her shoulders. Even though the pair hadn't been out together in a long time, she didn't feel that awkwardness of meeting someone again after a few years. It felt as though they hadn't missed a beat really. Though, they had been conversing through text messages so that could also be a reason but she thought it was nice to have that air of familiarity between them.

"No, you definitely are not the easiest person to plan things with but I do love the challenge." She giggles a little before looking around the cozy venue they were in. "I don't think I've ever been here before. I honestly do not come to LA as much as a person who lives near here might. You'll have to help me get better acquainted." She smirks at him, almost giving him an invitation to allow them to meet up more often if things went smoothly tonight. As much as most celebrities would say they avoid the tabloids, Serenity didn't. She didn't mind reading headlines about her or her friends and either laughing thinking how completely off base they were or scratching her head to figure out the truth. Ryan was no stranger to tabloids of course and she did buy into the whole 'bad boy' image he as painted in but she had much more interest in figuring him out on her own. Or at least attempting to.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline PANIC!  
#14958 Posted : 26 September 2020 01:31:35(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan felt like he could relax a bit more now that she was there and their conversation was flowing naturally. If their texts back and forth were any indicator, they didn’t exactly have a lack of things to discuss. “The challenge is at least half of the fun, right? I can’t make it too easy for you, otherwise you’ll get bored of me.” He suggested in a joking tone with a smirk.

He smiled at her comment about getting her more acquainted with Los Angeles. Maybe that was the flirty signal that there was a possibility for more dates in the future depending on how tonight went and that was an idea he wouldn’t be entirely opposed to. He looked down and tapped his thumb against the table before looking up at her with a sly grin, nodding his head. “I think that could be arranged. I don’t mind spending more time here if I have a good reason to. Maybe you’ll give me one or a few actually.” Aside from his circle of close friends, nobody knew that Ryan had bought a new home in Beverly Hills earlier this year and now was splitting his time between California and Montana. It was just another thing in his pursuit to try and keep his presence under the radar when he was back in town. He knew that most were familiar with his reputation and he would try to not fuel that fire if he could avoid it. “It’s been a long time since you and I have been at the same table like this. Shit, like seven years maybe? Were you even old enough to drink back then?” He questioned aloud with a laugh, being self-aware enough to know that most of the women he has dated in the past are younger than him.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14959 Posted : 26 September 2020 02:32:47(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Oh, I have a feeling there's never a dull moment when you're around." Serenity laughs shaking her head. Serenity herself was someone who enjoyed a good time and didn't mind not playing it safe if it meant she would get more a thrill.

She noticed his reaction when she mentioned them possibly spending more time together in the future and it made her even more calm. It was a good sign that he did enjoy her company even if it had been so long since they were physically together. They did tend to have some pretty interesting and entertaining conversations so she was certain that they would always be able to at least just talk. "Ah, I'm glad. Now I might have a good reason for visiting now. Do you live in LA or close by or..?" The thing that most people realize when talking Serenity is she isn't shy to ask questions if she really wants to know the answer. She always felt like things would get nowhere if everyone was scared of asking questions all the time. When he makes a joke about her age, she can't help but to smirk. She was well aware of the medias portrayal of him having a thing for younger women. "Ha, ha," she said. "Very funny. Actually, I was like 22. Plus the drinking age in Korea is lower anyway so I know my way around a bottle." She tilts her her head, giving a playful smile and chuckle.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14960 Posted : 26 September 2020 04:22:25(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

“You know, I try to keep things fun for those around me. I like keeping those near me happy and enjoying themselves.” Ryan has always been a people pleaser, regardless of what is said about his personality or any douchebag behavior he may have displayed in the past. He went out of his way to show those around him a good time no matter what. At times that wasn’t a great trait due to sometimes neglecting what he was feeling himself.

He checked his watch and around the space for a quick second, figuring the waitress would show up shortly. Rarely any act or motion was not planner ahead by him, having specified that nobody bother them until ten minutes or so after Serenity had arrived. It was his way of breaking the ice beforehand. “I’d say I’m here forty percent of the time now. I bought a house in Beverly Hills this spring, so I’ve been spending a bit more time out here. My main home is still out in Montana, but I’m finding a new appreciation for LA.” He explained to her, shrugging his shoulders with a small grin. There was a time where he was addicted to LA. The parties, the women, the limitless possibilities that someone rich and famous had in LA. Now having stepped away for years, he felt like he was more centered with leaving certain habits behind as he led was entering further into his forties. “How about you? Are based out of the Southern California area?” Ryan asked, genuinely surprised that such topic did not come up through their trading text messages. “Ahh yes, of course. Korea is a place you’ll have to show me around one day. I’ve only been twice but I was touring, so I didn’t have a ton of time to explore.” He smirked, as he was interested in learning not just more about Serenity but also her background in general.
UserPostedImage