logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2022 00:18:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Orion”
Artist: Orion
Release Date: January 30, 2022
Recorded: Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA
Genre(s): Rap, Hip-Hop, Trap
Length: 63:06
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Producer(s): Orion, DeAndre Patton

“Orion” is the self-titled debut album by American rap and hip-hop group ‘Orion’, the anticipated album has been a long-time coming for fans of the group that broke onto the music scene in summer 2020, building momentum with each track they dropped in the build-up to their first ever full length release. It all started for the trio when they officially signed to Tric-Jam Records in June 2020 and quickly dropped their debut single “Fuck Me Over” which included the vocal skills of ‘Marina Balan’ during the songs chorus, a theme which would continue off and on throughout their initial run. Their debut single came with a huge reception, debuting at number one on the singles chart and creating a ready made fanbase for the group as well as admirers throughout the music industry that would just continue as they built upon this initial buzz with subsequent releases.
Their 2020 continued in similar vain as they dropped their second single, the politically charged “Make America Breathe Again” which peaked at number two with the trio then picking up two awards at the FCA VII awards with the ‘Artist to Watch’ and ‘Best Urban Single’ award for “Fuck Me Over” capping an impressive start for the group and rounding this off with their performance at the show which included the debut of their third single “Playin’” the collaborative effort seeing the trio team up with RnB star ‘Aubrey Mikkel’, the official single was released in the immediate aftermath of the FCA Awards and saw the trio hit the number one spot once more as they reached the summit of the music charts for the second time in their first three months in the music industry, putting the hype for the debuting group at a fever pitch. They then opted to put their foot on the gas in terms of releases as they headed into the recording studio to really push forward with the work that would form their debut album before returning in December 2020 with “We Bring Em’ Up” with the track just sneaking into the top five of the charts before the end of a successful debut year.

In the early stages of 2021, the trio continued to put focus in the recording studio, continuing to craft the bulk of their debut album with less focus on continuing the buzz surrounding them and more focus on quietly working away recording and creating. In the early months of 2021 they picked up another award at the FCA VIII awards show, picking up ‘Favourite Urban Act’ in a quick turnaround from the previous show where they were considered an artist to watch they were now considered one of the top acts in the genre if not the music industry as a whole. Returning to the charts in March 2021 saw the trio continue their rise as they teamed up with former SYNCO member ‘Alexis Brooke’ on the track “Remedy” which peaked at number two on the album charts with another successful release under their belt. They continued to tease anticipation for the debut album, confirming around June 2021 that they felt they had finished the recording of the album and it was down to post-production and mixing before it would drop.
In the meantime, the group continued to release new singles to tide fans over with “Dynasty” coming in June 2021 and seeing the return of ‘Marina Balan’ on supporting vocal duties during the songs chorus, they picked up another number one single with the release and followed the same feat when they teamed up with the NFL for the exclusive single “Rookie of the Year” earning the trio new fans following heavy play during the NFL Football Season as well as the video game ‘Madden 22’. Seeing the group pick up more support and fans as well as the NFL money that came with the track. They also dropped a music video alongside the track which featured rising star influencer ‘BitchWat’, the video received wide-spread positive responses.

Following the release of the NFL track, it was confirmed by the group that they will continue to work with the NFL on at least one more upcoming track, confirmed to officially feature ‘Marina Balan’ as she’s expected to deliver a rap verse alongside the trio. It was also rumoured that “Rookie of the Year” and the Marina Balan collaboration would be paired alongside a couple more tracks to combine for an official E.P to be released in the new year. Away from the NFL collaboration the trio delivered the final single from the album “Homecoming” which was released on October 24, 2021 and peaked at number three on the singles charts while the final touches to the album were being made and preparations for its anticipated release were being finalised.

With the promotional aspect of the album very much complete, the anticipated album is finally set to be released on January 30, 2022 through Tric-Jam Records produced by Orion alongside DeAndre Patton. Recorded at Studio60 Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California.

Tracklisting;

01. “Liberating” (3:58)
02. “Fuck Me Over” (4:38)
03. “Day One” (4:47)
04. “Rookie Of The Year” (5:12)
05. “Playin' (feat. Aubrey Mikkel)” (4:44)
06. “All In” (4:52)
07. “Dynasty” (4:56)
08. “Remedy” (feat. Alexis Brooke) (3:58)
09. “Where We Belong” (4:50)
10. “Make America Breathe Again” (5:06)
11. “Heavyweights” (4:46)
12. “We Bring Em’ Up” (4:39)
13. “Ride or Die” (4:53)
14. “Homecoming” (5:07)

Singles;
“Fuck Me Over” (June 24, 2020) [#1]
“Make America Breathe Again” (July 25, 2020) [#2]
“Playin' (feat. Aubrey Mikkel)” (August 30, 2020) [#1]
“We Bring Em’ Up” (December 26, 2020) [#5]
“Remedy” (feat. Alexis Brooke) (March 13, 2021) [#2]
“Dynasty” (June 26, 2021) [#1]
“Rookie Of The Year” (August 15, 2021) [#1]
“Homecoming” (October 24, 2021) [#3]

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Orion, DeAndre Patton
Engineered by DeAndre Patton
Mixed by Orion and DeAndre Patton
Recorded at Studio 60, West Hollywood, California, USA

Production Manager: Ignacio Santos
Mixing: Orion, DeAndre Patton, Augustine Francis

PERSONNEL

Brayton “Bellows” Carter – vocals, piano, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Jadyn “Boa” Ghalen – vocals, lyrics, bass, composition, production, programming, mixing
Jamal “Circuit” Ghalen – vocals, lyrics, programming, composition, production, mixing

Marina Balan – vocals - (Track 2, 3, 7, 9, 10 – “Fuck Me Over”, “Day One”, “Dynasty”, “Where We Belong”, “Make America Breathe Again”)
Aubrey Mikkel – vocals, lyrics - (Track 5 – “Playin”)
Alexis Brooke – vocals, lyrics - (Track 8 – “Remedy”)
DeAndre Patton – production, engineering, mixing
Ignacio Santos – production management
Augustine Francis - mixing
thanks 9 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/01/2022(UTC), BigPapi on 30/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2022 00:26:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #01
Title: “Liberating”
Genre(s): 3:58
Length: Rap / Hip-Hop
Label: Tric Jam Records / Studio60 Records

The opening track begins with all three rappers delivering the opening verse in harmony, all recorded individually and stitched together in the studio, it’s got a slow paced beat in the background that builds progressively as the verse moves on, the lyrical content confident with a self-awareness to it as they make reference to being seen as over-rated and that their music can be considered grating, with a slight nod to the idea that they enjoy proving them wrong with their early success, “Some would say we’re overrated/The same ones that said we’d never make it/Just know we ain’t hesitating/We don’t wanna keep em’ waiting/When all they’ve got in this world is all their hating/I love that they find our music grating/But you know we’ll keep creating/All eyes on us, captivating/Pulling away from the pack, emancipation/Feels so liberating.” creating a catchy opening to their debut record with a smart use of a rhyming scheme which see’s the opening verse double up as the chorus later in the track.

They continue in vocal harmony with the bridge before the opening solo verse and only solo verse of the opening track is delivered by Bellows with the beat uplifting, giving a summery vibe to the song alongside an electric guitar riff that gives the song a little assertiveness and power, the content of Bellows verse from a lyrical stand point is powerful to any young artist trying to get their break, emphasizing the studying of their craft and the amount of self-doubt felt in their own abilities but with an underlying belief in their craft and their hard work paying off, he delivers powerful lyrical moments throughout “Used to be full of doubt on the regular/Got the critics talkin’ bout how our come up is spectacular/Grew up more focused on shooting hoops than my vernacular.” and “But I get stuck in my head/Self-doubt, I confess/This is the only way I can get this off my chest/I wanna be great/But I see how so many stumble/I wanna enjoy the success/But I wanna stay humble/I want the gold on my chest/But fame is a jungle/I was always taught to be the Lion/Lead the pack.” which showcases the rapper’s ability to flow with a beat and deliver rhymes with strong imagery without it being unrelatable.

As the beat rises following Bellow’s verse, the trio’s voices can all be heard rapping in harmony as the songs bridge comes back in before it’s chorus is repeated another couple of times before the track comes to its natural end. It’s relatively short and sweet, giving the opening track a powerful almost rap-along anthemic moment that’s likely to get stuck in your head and introducing you to the album strongly with the anticipation of what’s to come. Very much an intro track to leave a lasting impression.

“Liberating”

{Together}
“Some would say we’re overrated
The same ones that said we’d never make it
Just know we ain’t hesitating
We don’t wanna keep em’ waiting
When all they’ve got in this world is all their hating
I love that they find our music grating
But you know we’ll keep creating
All eyes on us, captivating
Pulling away from the pack, emancipation
Feels so liberating

Make that money
Stake that claim
Mainstream shit
Change the game

{Bellows}
Used to be full of doubt on the regular
Got the critics talkin’ bout how our come up is spectacular
Grew up more focused on shooting hoops than my vernacular
But I studied the game
I learnt from the greats
1980’s with that real flow
1990’s killed it with their mixtapes
But I get stuck in my head
Self-doubt, I confess
This is the only way I can get this off my chest
I wanna be great
But I see how so many stumble
I wanna enjoy the success
But I wanna stay humble
I want the gold on my chest
But fame is a jungle
I was always taught to be the Lion
Lead the pack
Always stay hungry
Hustle on the daily
Grind until your hands bleed
Get that fucking money

Some would say we’re overrated
Feels so liberating

Make that money
Stake that claim
Mainstream shit
Change the game

Some would say we’re overrated
Feels so liberating

Make that money
Stake that claim
Mainstream shit
Change the game”
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:07:15(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #02
Title: “Fuck Me Over”
Genre(s): Hip-Hop / Trap
Length: 4:38

The song opens with a repetitive and upbeat piano and funk beat combo, giving the track and immediately energetic vibe and signalling the intention of the song from the very beginning as Bellows delivers a couple of ad-libbed “Uhh’s” “Eh’s” before firing out his opening verse amidst a strong energetic backbeat, “You hurt me once, I grow stronger (stronger)/You hurt me twice, I'm a goner (goner)/When I had nothin' you were ready to go (nothin')/But now I got somethin', you're all relationship goals (goals)/I know when you look at me, it's your desire/I know the clout is the flame that started this fire/You fucked me over/But I can't resist you/Time heals all wounds/You're like my scar tissue (oh)” which gives an immediate indication of the songs general tone about being messed around and how he learns to deal with that, confirmed as he finishes up the opening verse, “When I was sleeping on the floor/All I could do is miss you/Now we fuckin' on a boat with no issues/I came from nothing to be something/You came for me now we bumpin'” as he shows the contrast between times when he considered himself to have nothing and now when he finds himself living a life of luxury.

The catchy nature of the song is just emphasised as the beat increases following a brief RnB vocal delivery from Marina Balan, sung beautifully with a smooth style combined with an emotive resonance to it as she sings the songs chorus, “Love used to hurt/Used to fuck me over/I've put my past/Over my shoulder/I know what I want/I make sure that I get it/Won't let my heart rule my head/I just won't let it.” which showcases the combination between the rap style of the group mixed with the RnB delivery from Marina, often seen as an additional member of the group.

The beat increases in pace as Boa arrives into the picture with his deeper vocal style as he fires out his verse with a slightly more aggressive tone than the opening verse, “See if I've been fucked over once, then the trust is gone/We still be fuckin', but you ain't my only one/The real drip, diamonds and gold/I keep em' for the loyalist ones that I know/I learnt a long time ago/Never to trust a hoe/They say that everything that glitters/Isn't always gold/And baby I know it's true/Cause you glitter like a motherfuckin' diamond/But there ain't nothing golden about you.” which proves to be catchy despite its slightly more vivid aggressive tone lyrically, delivered as such by Boa.

We’re given the songs chorus once more before the final verse see’s Circuit come into the fray with slightly more vulnerable and emotive sounding delivery as he adds his imagery into the track “I gotta be honest, I've fallen before/Had my heart broken way too many times and it shows/Fuck your high class, with your wine glass/I used to drink from the bottle/So my sorrows could drown like it wasn't an option/Just to get through it, I used to pop pills/Now I'm living in the fast lane/Like an adrenaline junkie looking for cheap thrills.” which shows the idea that he was once somebody that believed and aimed for the tender relationship vibes but after dealing with heartbreak that has now changed his outlook as he continues over the rhythmic beat, “Now I don't go for matters of the heart/I go for purely aesthetic/I tend not to get attached/I just fuck it and bank it like credit/Now I just ride around Rodeo in my newest jam/Got the finest looking bitches eating out of my hand/They can't play wit my heart/I never let em' get that close/If it starts to get too real for me/I'll just pop a bottle and take a higher dose.” before Marina finishes out the song with her vocal run on the chorus once more.

“Fuck Me Over”

{Bellows}
“You hurt me once, I grow stronger (stronger)
You hurt me twice, I'm a goner (goner)
When I had nothin' you were ready to go (nothin')
But now I got somethin', you're all relationship goals (goals)
I know when you look at me, it's your desire
I know the clout is the flame that started this fire
You fucked me over
But I can't resist you
Time heals all wounds
You're like my scar tissue (oh)
When I was sleeping on the floor
All I could do is miss you
Now we fuckin' on a boat with no issues
I came from nothing to be something
You came for me now we bumpin'

Love used to hurt
Used to fuck me over
I've put my past
Over my shoulder
I know what I want
I make sure that I get it
Won't let my heart rule my head
I just won't let it

{Boa}
See if I've been fucked over once, then the trust is gone
We still be fuckin', but you ain't my only one
The real drip, diamonds and gold
I keep em' for the loyalist ones that I know
I learnt a long time ago
Never to trust a hoe
They say that everything that glitters
Isn't always gold
And baby I know it's true
Cause you glitter like a motherfuckin' diamond
But there ain't nothing golden about you

Love used to hurt
Used to fuck me over
I've put my past
Over my shoulder
I know what I want
I just won't let it

{Circuit}
I gotta be honest, I've fallen before
Had my heart broken way too many times and it shows
Fuck your high class, with your wine glass
I used to drink from the bottle
So my sorrows could drown like it wasn't an option
Just to get through it, I used to pop pills
Now I'm living in the fast lane
Like an adrenaline junkie looking for cheap thrills
Now I don't go for matters of the heart
I go for purely aesthetic
I tend not to get attached
I just fuck it and bank it like credit
Now I just ride around Rodeo in my newest jam
Got the finest looking bitches eating out of my hand
They can't play wit my heart
I never let em' get that close
If it starts to get too real for me
I'll just pop a bottle and take a higher dose

Love used to hurt
Used to fuck me over
I've put my past
Over my shoulder
I know what I want
I just won't let it”
2001clay on 30/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:15:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #03
Title: “Day One”
Genre(s): Rap / Hip-Hop
Length: 4:47

The track begins immediately with the beautiful and powerful RnB vocal delivery from Marina Balan as she brings us into the track, it begins acapella but she’s very quickly accompanied by a strong emotive piano melody as she delivers the songs opening, “Money don't mean shit/If you ain't got someone to share it with/Ain't got someone to share it with/Day one's by my side/We'll raise our hands toward the sky/Raise our hands toward the sky.”, the combination of the piano and vocal delivery give the audience a false sense of a ballad type of song, but as the opening by Marina comes to its close, the piano is completely eradicated from the song.

A strong and aggressive beat comes bursting into the picture as Bellows delivers his opening verse, rapid fire and full of aggression in the way that he delivers his bars, “They stood by our side back when we were nothin'/Now they strapped to the rocket cause we ain't fucking stopping/Got em' queuing outside our door knockin'/Got em' lining up around the block/Because they want the thing that we got/And they rattlin' off their pre-prepared pitches to get in good/Claiming they can take us to the heights/But we know they just wanna be along for the ride.” which gives the impression that the general tone of the song is one about knowing who to trust and who’s in it for the long haul, it’s perhaps the groups most aggressive sounding song as it’s fast-paced and loud in performance as Bellows finishes up his opening verse, ”Make a quick buck till' shit gets real/They run and hide/Cause' they don't know what it's like/To have real loyalty by your side/Yeah, see that's where I'm at tonight/I know who to trust with my life/My life.”

The beat continues in the same vein, the only difference as we arrive at the second verse delivered by Circuit is a slightly less aggressive style, vocal pitch and delivery seems slightly more subdued, more to do with his general tone than a change up of emotion within the song, it’s still delivered in that same rapid style as he delivers his take, “'Cause we may only get one chance at the fuckin' bat/Let our name spread like wildfire all over town/So I'm swinging for the fences so that motherfucker never comes down/Don't wanna just be another name/Got that laser focus intensity/Name up in lights when they put me in the motherfucking hall of fame.” as he uses sports analogies and metaphors to deliver the same general message of the song before continuing, “Gotta have the right team behind you/The ones that ride or die for you/Keep an eye out for you/Not sleeping with one of em' open/Here's to hoping/I know we got the right mentality/To blow this shit wide open.” and as he gets to the final line of his verse, the music increases even more with that feeling of reaching a crescendo before the chorus comes in with Marina once more.

Following the songs chorus bringing things back down slightly with the piano and RnB vocal, the beat comes back in and Boa enters the fray, his deeper vocal range lending itself perfectly to the rapid-fire beat and aggressive nature of the music as he fires out his verse, “Motherfuckers come round here talkin' that chatter/I can see their mouths moving/But that shit don't matter/Just anything they can do to climb on when it's hot/But those fuckers gonna realize we're something that they're not/Straight up, originals, day one shit/That's what it's about, yeah/That's what it is/I know my girl ain't fuckin' around/She's in it for the haul long/Six hour drive/She's been livin' this dream with me/Loyalty by side.” which gives the tone of the song as trusting the ones that were there for you through the beginning and stuck with you are the ones worth keeping by your side. The beat drops out once more and the piano and vocal combination of Marina ends the song on a more melodic note.

“Day One”

“Money don't mean shit
If you ain't got someone to share it with
Ain't got someone to share it with
Day one's by my side
We'll raise our hands toward the sky
Raise our hands toward the sky

{Bellows}
They stood by our side back when we were nothin'
Now they strapped to the rocket cause we ain't fucking stopping
Got em' queuing outside our door knockin'
Got em' lining up around the block
Because they want the thing that we got
And they rattlin' off their pre-prepared pitches to get in good
Claiming they can take us to the heights
But we know they just wanna be along for the ride
Make a quick buck till' shit gets real
They run and hide
Cause' they don't know what it's like
To have real loyalty by your side
Yeah, see that's where I'm at tonight
I know who to trust with my life
My life

{Circuit}
'Cause we may only get one chance at the fuckin' bat
Let our name spread like wildfire all over town
So I'm swinging for the fences so that motherfucker never comes down
Don't wanna just be another name
Got that laser focus intensity
Name up in lights when they put me in the motherfucking hall of fame
Gotta have the right team behind you
The ones that ride or die for you
Keep an eye out for you
Not sleeping with one of em' open
Here's to hoping
I know we got the right mentality
To blow this shit wide open

Money don't mean shit
Day one's by my side
Raise our hands toward the sky

{Boa}
Motherfuckers come round here talkin' that chatter
I can see their mouths moving
But that shit don't matter
Just anything they can do to climb on when it's hot
But those fuckers gonna realize we're something that they're not
Straight up, originals, day one shit
That's what it's about, yeah
That's what it is
I know my girl ain't fuckin' around
She's in it for the haul long
Six hour drive
She's been livin' this dream with me
Loyalty by side

Money don't mean shit
Day one's by my side
Raise our hands toward the sky”
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:17:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #04
Title: “Rookie of the Year”
Genre(s): Hip-Hop / Rap
Length: 5:12

The track begins with an eerie electronic almost dream-wave indie-pop sound which could be likened to that of something played on a theremin which goes for around eight seconds before the beat comes in, mostly consisting of a drums and keyboards sound with the drums providing the beat and tempo and the keyboards providing the upbeat energy of the song as Bellows talks up the bands hype as he delivers his opening bars, “All the talk in the build-up revolves around us/Green arrows pointing upwards signalling our expected trajectory/The rumours indicating that we’re a definite first round pick/But we know we ain’t just settling for that shit/We’re aiming for first overall/Cause that’s where the real bag is.” which likens the hype surrounding Orion’s debut album to that of the star player of a sports draft, comparing the period before the draft where analysts suggests what order the players are likely to be chosen in, with the first overall pick being the main aim. He continues with the sports draft metaphor as to be expected throughout the entire track, but brings in more universal ideas as he continues, “They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love/So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most/And the experts suggest that our stats don’t add up/But you can’t learn what we’ve got inside/From numbers on a white board/You can’t judge someone’s determination and drive/On stats written down/You gotta see us in the heart of the action/When the clocks running down/And then you’ll realize we’re in the running to take the fucking crown/Cause you already know/We run it up/And then we shut em’ down.”

The trio then mix it up as they deliver vocal harmonies, showing off their ability to sing together when needed as they make it clear that they’re aiming to put everything they have into the opportunities that have come their way on the tracks chorus with it’s general tone drenched in uplift and positivity, a life affirming we’re gonna work the hardest for the thing that we want the most, something likely to be relatable to the mass audience, “You know this is all I’ve got/And I’ve worked my whole damn life for this/Ain’t just here to blend in/You know I’mma fucking go for this/And I’m aiming for the top from the very beginning/On that rookie of the year shit/You know we’re fucking built for winning/On that rookie of the year shit/You know we’re fucking built for winning.”

The song continues throughout with the same backing beat, it’s energetic and infectious continually threatening to go off but always maintaining it’s tone and avoiding the temptation for the song to become a club anthem. More suited to a gym playlist than a club banger, with it’s energetic beat just giving enough to keep you going. Circuit steps up to the plate next, the sport reference fading out a little during this verse as he makes things more personal to Orion’s very own rise, “Where we come from, that’s the shit that drives us forward/Underestimating and overachieving/You should all already fucking know that/Made it to New York on our own dime already running up our road miles/They say if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.” putting reference to their own upbringing which wasn’t full of luxuries as their single mother worked many jobs in order to raise them right as well as their own journey which briefly took them to New York, working in nightclubs and dancehalls.
He continues over the unwavering beat, “But when Hollywood comes calling/With an open suitcase and all the doors flung open/You know we’re gonna take it/Cause that’s where the real bag is/They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love/So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most/Label execs, suits, checks and private jets/It’s a world away from where we come from/But we know we’ve earnt it/From day fucking one.” now referencing the life that they’ve worked for.

The songs chorus comes in again before Boa’s turn to close out the track with the final verse, his deep and aggressive sounding style and flow working well with the tone of the verse that he delivers, “Stated this shit before, already staked our claim/We ain’t just passing by/We’re first ballot hall of fame/We don’t just exist/We’re here to change the fucking game.” referencing an earlier single in which they stated their expectation that by the end of their careers that they’ll be considered a first ballot hall of fame act, again bringing the sports metaphor back in full circle as it attains to the idea that they have a career so good that they find themselves put in the hall of fame the very first year they would be eligible for it, generally a first ballot hall of famer is considered the very best of the best, almost iconic status in their chosen field.
He switches that strong aggressive statement of intent with a slightly more playful ending, “So if you on that come-up, change the playbook up/And maybe try out again/You could make the team next year/With the lessons that you learn.” as if to suggest that if you’re a newcomer looking to break into the industry, maybe take notes from how they have done things so far and they’ll be better placed to succeed. Quickly followed by the songs chorus which closes out the track. Showing a slightly more assertive and self-confident side of the group that’s perhaps been shown in glimpses but not as clearly as this track.

“Rookie of the Year”

{Bellows}
“All the talk in the build-up revolves around us
Green arrows pointing upwards signalling our expected trajectory
The rumours indicating that we’re a definite first round pick
But we know we ain’t just settling for that shit
We’re aiming for first overall
Cause that’s where the real bag is
They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love
So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most
And the experts suggest that our stats don’t add up
But you can’t learn what we’ve got inside
From numbers on a white board
You can’t judge someone’s determination and drive
On stats written down
You gotta see us in the heart of the action
When the clocks running down
And then you’ll realize we’re in the running to take the fucking crown
Cause you already know
We run it up
And then we shut em’ down

You know this is all I’ve got
And I’ve worked my whole damn life for this
Ain’t just here to blend in
You know I’mma fucking go for this
And I’m aiming for the top from the very beginning
On that rookie of the year shit
You know we’re fucking built for winning

{Circuit}
Where we come from, that’s the shit that drives us forward
Underestimating and overachieving
You should all already fucking know that
Made it to New York on our own dime already running up our road miles
They say if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere
But when Hollywood comes calling
With an open suitcase and all the doors flung open
You know we’re gonna take it
Cause that’s where the real bag is
They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love
So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most
Label execs, suits, checks and private jets
It’s a world away from where we come from
But we know we’ve earnt it
From day fucking one

{Boa}
Stated this shit before, already staked our claim
We ain’t just passing by
We’re first ballot hall of fame
We don’t just exist
We’re here to change the fucking game
So if you on that come-up, change the playbook up
And maybe try out again
You could make the team next year
With the lessons that you learn

You know we’re fucking built for winning”
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:21:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #05
Title: “Playin’” (feat. Aubrey Mikkel)
Length: 4:44

The track begins with an upbeat RnB vibe, immediately one of the more energetic tracks from the album, it’s got a combination of rhythmic beats and an energetic bassline coursing through it as Boa arrives for the opening verse, delivering an assertive opening, “Aye, I know your name, I know your face/But I ain't seen you around all that much these days/Jammin' to your hits/It's nostalgic/Used to beat off to your pics/That shit was magic.” referencing Aubrey Mikkel’s status as a sex symbol as she broke through into the industry, he continues as he makes reference to the fact that he’s now recording a song with someone he used to fantasize about, “Big booty, big titties/Now you in the studio makin' hits wit me/Vibin' on the jam, cause you know this ones the real deal/Can't hear a word you're sayin'/Thinkin' bout makin' a fine bitch squeal /Can't hear a word you're sayin'/Thinkin' bout eating your bomb pussy like a meal.” as the energy of the track continues to build.

The beat continues and increases in energy as the song progresses through to the second verse, elements of electronica sounds arrive into the backing music which give the song it’s trap heavy influence as Circuit continues in a similar vein to Boa’s opening verse, rapping about his similar teenage/early adult fantasy’s of Aubrey without ever imagining they’d work together in any capacity, “Aye, I know your name, I know your face/You know, I like seeing that fine ass around this place/Got a high-rise on the strip tonight/How bout' we drop this verse and try a private rewrite/I got bottles, I got weed/Whole package, you got all the woman this boy need/Thinkin' bout makin' a fine bitch squeal/You got all the woman this boy need/Thinkin' bout eating your bomb pussy like a meal/You got all the woman this boy need.” the song progression continues as we see Aubrey arrive on the track.

As Aubrey makes her arrival on the track, she jumps in effortlessly on the beat and delivers perfectly accentuated vocals that come through as sexy and sultry as she’s clearly aware of the infatuation that the trio have for her, “Down boys, heel... bout to show you the real deal/Wrap your hands around my body boy/Let them roam around and just explore/The things we're doing tonight/You ain't never done before/My number one goal is to keep you wanting more/I'm flowing like an ocean, as I look in your eyes.” which gives the element of power and switches it all across to Aubrey in the theme of the song, knowing that she holds all of the cards as she delivers the songs chorus, giving the first hint of her connection with Bellows as she suggests to Boa and Circuit that she admires their interest but she’s got her eyes locked on someone else, this becomes evident that it relates to Bellows as he jumps onto the track after Aubrey delivers the chorus, “Boy I ain't playin, got my eyes elsewhere/I hope he can forgive me/I can't help but stare/Boy I ain't playin, got my eyes elsewhere/I hope he can forgive me/I can't help but stare.”

As Bellows arrives on the Rnb and Electronica infused track, he dives in immediately, showing that he admires Aubrey for all the same reasons as Boa and Circuit but see’s her as more than just an object of attraction, clear from the opening lines, “Nah, she more than just your playboy barbie/Dirty motel rooms and getting' naughty/High class Queen, hustlin' for her dream on the daily/Game respect game/Man, she fuckin' slay me/When she goes down, that shit should be illegal/She's relentless with that pussy when she grindin' down on me though/She got her own place/High-rise in New York City/She a boss bitch/But she got that class A kitty for me.” the music begins to come down slightly as the pace decreases, allowing for the words to sink in a little more, “She don't need the subs bench, back-up players/She want that first ballot hall of famer/Every time like a gym workout/Session booked can't leave until she cum for me now/There's somethin' special when Miss Independent screaming out your name/And she just begging you to leave it in/Yeah, I know I'm screwed because she fuckin' got me/Her pussy owns and she knows it/She can't stop me/Fuck, yeah, she's got me.”

The RnB elements are most clear during the songs final verse, showing her chops in the genre as Aubrey steps back in to close the song out, she sings a little more slowly but just as sensually as she gives her take on the advances of Bellows, “I'll lay you down, and make you proud/Drive until I make that ooh ah sound/Next lets switch up and we'll start the next round/Go in deeper, baby deeper till you just can't go no more/Pull my hair, just do me some more/Right now baby, it's the you and me show/Tell me can you feel that orgasm number two/The only time I feel this way, is with you/I'm suppose to be a sweet bitch, but you take away my innocence/I only share these moments with you/So lets keep this our dirty little secret.” as she plays up to the clean image she had early on in her career and completely eradicated it as she moved further in the industry before continuing, “I wanna make you say my name/Say its so good that you can't wait/When I'm done screaming your name/You'll say babe, lets do it again”

”Playin'” (feat. Aubrey Mikkel)

{Boa Verse}
“Aye, I know your name, I know your face
But I ain't seen you around all that much these days
Jammin' to your hits
It's nostalgic
Used to beat off to your pics
That shit was magic
Big booty, big titties
Now you in the studio makin' hits wit me
Vibin' on the jam, cause you know this ones the real deal
Can't hear a word you're sayin'
Thinkin' bout makin' a fine bitch squeal
Can't hear a word you're sayin'
Thinkin' bout eating your bomb pussy like a meal

{Circuit Verse}
Aye, I know your name, I know your face
You know, I like seeing that fine ass around this place
Got a high-rise on the strip tonight
How bout' we drop this verse and try a private rewrite
I got bottles, I got weed
Whole package, you got all the woman this boy need
Thinkin' bout makin' a fine bitch squeal
You got all the woman this boy need
Thinkin' bout eating your bomb pussy like a meal
You got all the woman this boy need

{Aubrey Verse}
Down boys, heel... bout to show you the real deal
Wrap your hands around my body boy
Let them roam around and just explore
The things we're doing tonight
You ain't never done before
My number one goal is to keep you wanting more
I'm flowing like an ocean, as I look in your eyes

Boy I ain't playin, got my eyes elsewhere
I hope he can forgive me
I can't help but stare
Boy I ain't playin, got my eyes elsewhere
I hope he can forgive me
I can't help but stare

{Bellows Verse}
Nah, she more than just your playboy barbie
Dirty motel rooms and getting' naughty
High class Queen, hustlin' for her dream on the daily
Game respect game
Man, she fuckin' slay me
When she goes down, that shit should be illegal
She's relentless with that pussy when she grindin' down on me though
She got her own place
High-rise in New York City
She a boss bitch
But she got that class A kitty for me
She don't need the subs bench, back-up players
She want that first ballot hall of famer
Every time like a gym workout
Session booked can't leave until she cum for me now
There's somethin' special when Miss Independent screaming out your name
And she just begging you to leave it in
Yeah, I know I'm screwed because she fuckin' got me
Her pussy owns and she knows it
She can't stop me
Fuck, yeah, she's got me

{Aubrey Verse}
I'll lay you down, and make you proud
Drive until I make that ooh ah sound
Next lets switch up and we'll start the next round
Go in deeper, baby deeper till you just can't go no more
Pull my hair, just do me some more
Right now baby, it's the you and me show
Tell me can you feel that orgasm number two
The only time I feel this way, is with you
I'm suppose to be a sweet bitch, but you take away my innocence
I only share these moments with you
So lets keep this our dirty little secret
I wanna make you say my name
Say its so good that you can't wait
When I'm done screaming your name
You'll say babe, lets do it again”
RoseJapanFan on 30/01/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 30/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:24:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #06
Title: “All In”
Genre(s): Trap, Hip-Hop
Length: 4:52

The song begins with a repetitive electronic sounding keyboard tone, with the same keys being played over until we reach the opening vocals, just before Circuit jumps in with his opening verse we’re given a rhythmic drum beat to accompany the energy of the keyboard sounds as Circuit fires out the opening verse, “You've always had a lot of guys tryna own your heart/Spending most of your time fixin' back together it's broken parts/Never the best with luck, still figuring out/What it is you've been missing, what you've been going so long without/So many times you thought it'd last forever/Now you're going it alone tryna pull yourself together.” and the tone of the track is immediate from the opening verse, it’s one that is about celebrating women and their inner strength as he continues over the beat, “But a woman like you, deserves so much more/The finer things in life/You thought you couldn't afford/I've seen you for years/Never seen something so fucking pure/I wanna make you mine/But you’ve never been sure/I just feel like I could help/I could be your cure.” and it’s clear that this track is one that the ladies could gravitate towards.

Following the opening verse, Boa steps up to deliver the songs hook, “You should let me love you like I do/You know you can rely on me to come through for you/I can make your dreams come true/I can give all that to you.” which just drives home the idea of the song, about letting go of your own hang-ups and be open to the idea of being with someone with the best intentions for you despite previous pain and heartbreak. Boa only just finishes delivering the hook when Bellows comes into the track with energy and fire, emphasizing that he understands where she’s coming from and understands her hesitation to let something real back into her life, ”See I’ve been through some of the same shit that you’ve been through/My ex made me think about swearing off love/But when I saw you standing there, I didn’t believe that I could/Just come closer baby, I’ll treat you like they all should/Come close baby, I’ll treat you like they all should/My ex made me think about swearing off love/But when I saw you standing there, I didn’t believe that I could/Just come closer baby, I’ll treat you like they all should/Come close baby, I’ll treat you like they all should.”

This emphasises the different side to the group as they drop the bluster and self-hype to get real and into the situation, clear from Bellows second section of his verse as he places emphasis on talking things through and opening a dialogue rather than hooking up, “Baby let’s talk it out, say all the things you need to speak out loud/I’m listening cause, we’ve both been there before and we don’t wanna go there again/Before you came around, I was feeling numb
Had given up on love/Didn’t recognize what I’d become/Feel like I started living my life always running/I didn’t want to get caught though/Trapped in love again/But baby you know you’re the one that I’m calling/What we’ve got is more than just talking/Got that connection, no more stalling/You know that I’mma go all in/I think it’s clear I’m fallin’.”

Boa delivers the songs hook once more, showing a melodic side to his vocal abilities on this track as he finds himself going without a rap verse on this rare occasion, but he sets up the following verse perfectly as Bellows comes in again very strong over the beat, with the same lines before as he delivers his own hook within a verse, “See I’ve been through some of the same shit that you’ve been through/My ex made me think about swearing off love/But when I saw you standing there, I didn’t believe that I could/Just come closer baby, I’ll treat you like they all should/Come close baby, I’ll treat you like they all should/My ex made me think about swearing off love/But when I saw you standing there, I didn’t believe that I could/Just come closer baby, I’ll treat you like they all should/Come close baby, I’ll treat you like they all should.”
Boa then steps up once again, delivering the songs hook for the final time as the song closes out over the sound of keyboards.

“All In”

(Circuit)
“You've always had a lot of guys tryna own your heart
Spending most of your time fixin' back together it's broken parts
Never the best with luck, still figuring out
What it is you've been missing, what you've been going so long without
So many times you thought it'd last forever
Now you're going it alone tryna pull yourself together
But a woman like you, deserves so much more
The finer things in life
You thought you couldn't afford
I've seen you for years
Never seen something so fucking pure
I wanna make you mine
But you’ve never been sure
I just feel like I could help
I could be your cure

{Boa}
You should let me love you like I do
You know you can rely on me to come through for you
I can make your dreams come true
I can give all that to you

(Bellows)
See I’ve been through some of the same shit that you’ve been through
My ex made me think about swearing off love
But when I saw you standing there, I didn’t believe that I could
Just come closer baby, I’ll treat you like they all should
Come close baby, I’ll treat you like they all should

Baby let’s talk it out, say all the things you need to speak out loud
I’m listening cause, we’ve both been there before and we don’t wanna go there again
Before you came around, I was feeling numb
Had given up on love
Didn’t recognize what I’d become
Feel like I started living my life always running
I didn’t want to get caught though
Trapped in love again
But baby you know you’re the one that I’m calling
What we’ve got is more than just talking
Got that connection, no more stalling
You know that I’mma go all in
I think it’s clear I’m fallin’

(Boa)

(Bellows)
See I’ve been through some of the same shit that you’ve been through

(Boa)

I can give all that to you”
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:26:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #07
Title: “Dynasty”
Genre(s):
Length:

The song begins with melodic piano intro using primarily minor chords, which give an immediate sombre mood to the song for its intro sang in a beautiful slow and melodic style by ‘Marina Balan’ which later serves as the bridge between verses, “Let me know where you’re at, let me know what I can do/You know I’mma be right there for you/Let me know when it hurts and it gets a little much/You know I’mma take the load for you.” which immediately gives you the general tone of the song, combination of the emotive piano keys and beautiful sung vocal delivery before the piano intro drops out for a couple of seconds of silence before a strong rhythmic beat comes in and the piano then returns but falls into the background slightly as rapper ‘Circuit’ delivers his opening verse to the rap trio’s latest effort, opening up with “You know I’ve always been the one to keep all this shit bottled/Take on other people’s problems like I know it’s my only fucking option/Oldest of the pack, you know how that goes/You worry more about the shit in their head than all the fucking shit going on all up in yours.” which shows the emotional weight that he’s carried as he’s taken on a role of authority from an early age while fighting and maintaining his own battles throughout his young life in the background.

He goes on to rap about his own path down into his version of darkness, being a promising athlete at one stage of his life before getting injured and becoming addicted to the pills that numbed the pain for him, all of this rapped aggressively over that powerful rhythmic beat with the emotive piano backdrop, he fires out lines like “Recovery was supposed to take just a little over a month/But I’ve been throwing those pills back ever since just to feel numb/And the stress and anxiety that comes with your childish fears has always terrified me/That’s when I started mixing the pills with the beer.” and “All the while knowing you’ve got to keep a brave face/Cause your kid brothers look up to you/Like you fucking own the place/And man, they still look for answers in this blank face
And my eyes just glaze over/Cause I’m so fucking high again.”
which serves to show the personal side of the tracks lyrics and the autobiographical nature of the song as ‘Circuit’ raps about his own life in very specific details.
The beat then drops out and it’s just that melodic piano progression and Marina’s beautiful sung vocal once more as it provides the bridge to the next verse in the song and gives a lot of weight to the song on its own terms due to its contrasting heartfelt and affirming lyrical content in its fifteen second run.

In the exact same style as the intro to the opening verse, the piano ends abruptly and the beat thunders in with the piano then returning into the background, an obvious musical metaphor for the shifting lyrical and thematic tone as ‘Boa’ arrives to deliver his own verse and his own personal recollections from a period of time in his young life as he opens up the second verse with immediate gut-wrenching line delivered in his slightly rougher smoky tone “I saw a motherfucker get gunned down/Right in front of my eyes/While I was just a kid shooting hoops with his friends/I’ve witnessed the death of loved ones/On a regular cycle of pain and heartache since I can fucking remember/All I know is churches and hearses/Got those hymns learnt like they’ve got multi-platinum verses.” which shows the abrupt nature of life, knowing not to get too attached to something from a young age because everything you’ve come to know can be taken away so swiftly and so abruptly.
He goes on to rap about the understanding that this specific moment gave him to know that everything is fragile and constantly be aware because you never know what’s around the corner before taking his own verse into very real universal territory as he closes out his verse with the extremely relevant topical content in his words ”And justice seems like a privilege that’s been taken away/And it makes me wonder/How a man can kill and flee the scene of the crime/Because to them, it’s just another/And to us/It’s a human life.” which gives even more obvious weight to the song in question. Rinse and repeat as we’re given the songs bridge once more before the final verse of the song.

As with the previous two bridge to verse builds, the piano drops out briefly for one final time as the beat comes in heavy once again with the piano again finding it’s place comfortably as the backdrop as ‘Boa’s’ verse arrives, changing the narrative with his personal take on a moment of clarity in his life, “I made a point to educate myself, because I’ve seen so many ordinary people that have fallen/But I still get looked down on in the same way/Because of how I talk and how I dress and how I choose to show-off the results of my own success/I have my vices like any other man, I like to blaze, I like the rocks and I like eating pussy as much as I fucking can/That don’t define me, I refuse to remove those chains if they’re the ones that bind me/But I know I’m more than the stereotypical face they like to see.” as he takes the lyrical content in a slightly different narrative direction, addressing the fact that he considers himself a person of depth, well-educated but has suffered judgement in a stereotypical manner because of surface level assumptions.
Essentially making the statement that any serious discussions or relevant topics that he feels the need to speak out on in a room full of what could be considered important people would be widely ignored because of who he is. He emphasised the base point of his verse by indicating that although he may be judged to be something he very much is not, at his core he’s someone that beliefs in and is searching for something very human like the rest of us, “And we know we were raised right/Because the first thing on our mind is to give our family a better life/And I know I feel love and heartbreak in the same way/Ain’t got time for the playboy life that some of those boys like to play/But I get it, it just ain’t for me/I wanna fuck with the one that was made for me/I wanna build something incredible that we can call a legacy/Or something even better yet/Something we can call a fucking dynasty.” before the song is played out by it’s bridge delivered once more by Marina as the music fades.

“Dynasty”

“Let me know where you’re at, let me know what I can do
You know I’mma be right there for you
Let me know when it hurts and it gets a little much
You know I’mma take the load for you

{Circuit}
You know I’ve always been the one to keep all this shit bottled
Take on other people’s problems like I know it’s my only fucking option
Oldest of the pack, you know how that shit goes
You worry more about the shit in their head than all the fucking shit going on all up in yours
And it started with Percocet to numb the physical pain
Broke my collar bone at a blow-out high school basketball game
Recovery was supposed to take just a little over a month
But I’ve been throwing those pills back ever since just to feel numb
And the stress and anxiety that comes with your childish fears has always terrified me
That’s when I started mixing the pills with the beer
One to numb the pain
The other to feel the fucking high again
All the while knowing you’ve got to keep a brave face
Cause you kid brothers look up to you
Like you fucking own the place
And man, they still look for answers in this blank face
And my eyes just glaze over
Cause I’m so fucking high again
Wish I could save em’ from their own pain
But I can’t even
Save my fucking self these days

Let me know where you’re at, let me know what I can do

{Boa}
I saw a motherfucker get gunned down
Right in front of my eyes
While I was just a kid shooting hoops with his friends
I’ve witnessed the death of loved ones
On a regular cycle of pain and heartache since I can fucking remember
All I know is churches and hearses
Got those hymns learnt like they’ve got multi-platinum verses
And all I’ve known is to keep my wits about me
Cause you don’t know what’s coming
And I promised that I would make it out alive
But I sometimes wonder
If it’s worth making it out when so many others have been lost along the way
And justice seems like a privilege that’s been taken away
And it makes me wonder
How a man can kill and flee the scene of the crime
Because to them, it’s just another
And to us
It’s a human life

{Bellows}
I made a point to educate myself, because I’ve seen so many ordinary people that have fell
But I still get looked down on in the same way
Because of how I talk and how I dress and how I choose to show-off the results of my own success
I have my vices like any other man, I like to blaze, I like the rocks and I like eating pussy as much as I fucking can
That don’t define me, I refuse to remove those chains if they’re the ones that bind me
But I know I’m more than the stereotypical face they like to see
Raised by my Aunt but will forever hold my mother in my heart till the day that I die
Permanently flanked by my cousins but they know they’re more like my brothers deep down inside
And we know we were raised right
Because the first thing on our mind is to give our family a better life
And I know I feel love and heartbreak in the same way
Ain’t got time for the playboy life that some of those boys like to play
But I get it, it just ain’t for me
I wanna fuck with the one that was made for me
I wanna build something incredible that we can call a legacy
Or something even better yet
Something we can call a fucking dynasty
That’s the aim for me

You know I’mma take the load for you”
2001clay on 30/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:28:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #08
Title: “Remedy” (feat. Alexis Brooke)
Genre(s): Trap, Hip-Hop, Pop
Length: 3:58

The songs begins with the sound of static, an imitation of somebody changing the radio station in a car which stops on a rhythmic drum and bass beat. It’s rhythm is well paced, giving the song an immediate energy and sense of urgency which would see this being a popular club anthem in a similar vein to their debut single “Fuck Me Over.” The opening verse is delivered by Boa, his slightly deeper voice rapping, “She wants it all night yeah, she’s crazy for it/Her stamina levels so high yeah, she amazes me with it/She a fuckin’ boss, flip it wit a switch/Classy like a Queen but she can get nasty wit it.” Immediately gives you an idea of the songs theme from the beginning.

You can hear additional sounds over the drum and bass mainframe of the song, keyboards adding a little more of a dance aspect to the song and again bringing some more energy to the track as Circuit joins in on the action, delivering his verse, “She like it freaky on some crazy shit/She likes to fight and fuck cause she know the making up is so worth it/Couldn’t stray cause she know just how that is/Pussy so fine, got me being loyal and shit.” Adding to the idea of the song put across from the opening verse which leads way to the chorus delivered by former SYNCO member ‘Alexis Brooke’.

She delivers in a clear and well produced pop vocal with a slight sultry and Latin flair to her delivery along with the beat of the track, “Bring me your all and you know that I’ll like it/I’ll show you heaven/Cause I know you can’t fight it/I’m like a fire/Waiting for you to ignite it/Roaring desires/Let’s not deny this.” Which shows an element of power and control from the female perspective in terms of the theme of the lyrics, written by Alexis alongside Orion, she creates an alternative voice from what has often gone in the past where the woman is being lusted after and nothing more, with this input from Alexis it shows that she understands the power that her beauty holds and that she’s just as in control of any situation as her male counterpart.

This is then followed by a verse from Bellows which once again turns the tables on what you’d expect, the rhythmic sounds of the track increase in pace with a little intensity as the song slowly starts to make it’s build towards it’s finale, Bellows delivers his verse passionately, “The way she shoots whiskey/Hangin’ wit the boys/The way she fuckin’ dip and makin’ all that noise/She a damn wild one/Give it all I got/She know she got it/Whenever the fuck she wants.” Again with an indication that the woman that he’s singing about very much holds all the cards and carries her own weight at least from his perspective.

The music again seems to be building as we’re given another verse from Boa as he delivers in his deeper vocal range, “She’s my fuckin’ remedy
Riding into ecstasy/When the weight of the world is all on me/She knows how to heal me/When the arrogance overtakes me/She can bring me to my knees/She’s my fuckin’ remedy/She knows we got that chemistry/Go together chemically/Like an antidote to the disease/She’s my fuckin’ remedy.” Which leads perfectly to the songs climax with Alexis arriving vocally once more, repeating the words, “Remedy, I wanna be/Your remedy/Remedy, I wanna be/Your remedy.” Before delivering the songs powerful chorus once more, “Bring me your all and you know that I’ll like it/I’ll show you heaven/Cause I know you can’t fight it/I’m like a fire/Waiting for you to ignite it/Roaring desires/Let’s not deny this.” Which brings the song to an emphatic close.

“Remedy” (feat. Alexis Brooke)

{Boa}
“She wants it all night yeah, she’s crazy for it
Her stamina levels so high yeah, she amazes me with it
She a fuckin’ boss, flip it wit a switch
Classy like a Queen but she can get nasty wit it

{Circuit}
She like it freaky on some crazy shit
She likes to fight and fuck cause she know the making up is so worth it
Couldn’t stray cause she know just how that is
Pussy so fine, got me being loyal and shit

{Alexis}
Bring me your all and you know that I’ll like it
I’ll show you heaven
Cause I know you can’t fight it
I’m like a fire
Waiting for you to ignite it
Roaring desires
Let’s not deny this

{Bellows}
The way she shoots whiskey
Hangin’ wit the boys
The way she fuckin’ dip and makin’ all that noise
She a damn wild one
Give it all I got
She know she got it
Whenever the fuck she wants

{Boa}
She’s my fuckin’ remedy
Riding into ecstasy
When the weight of the world is all on me
She knows how to heal to me
When the arrogance overtakes me
She can bring me to my knees
She’s my fuckin’ remedy
She knows we got that chemistry
Go together chemically
Like an antidote to the disease
She’s my fuckin’ remedy

{Alexis}
Remedy, I wanna be
Your remedy
Remedy, I wanna be
Your remedy

Bring me your all and you know that I’ll like it
I’ll show you heaven
Cause I know you can’t fight it
I’m like a fire
Waiting for you to ignite it
Roaring desires
Let’s not deny this.”
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:30:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #09
Title: “Where We Belong”
Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Rap
Length: 4:50

The song starts off with a steady drum beat and rhythmic bass backdrop, giving indication of the tracks slower more emotive driven theme of nostalgia and tribute to a period and setting that remains engrained within the groups psyche. It immediately becomes clear of the sort of lyrical content we’ll receive throughout as Circuit clears his throat and delivers the tracks opening lines in a deep and mournful sounding way, ”Ain't ridin' those stolen BMX like we did back then, when we fall we learn to get back up again/Hand me down's from our brothers, holes in the sleeves/Livin' low on the food chain, but that shit meant the world to me/Mama always say, you get what you give/And you give what you get/If you got more than you need/Then you pass it on to the next/And if you know where you come from/You'll know where you're going/Will be better when you get there/Motherfucker we be glowing.”

As we reach the songs chorus the additional instrumentation of a piano structure can be heard entering the fray as the trio put their vocals on the track in a different way as they sing in harmony, “Here's to where it all began, all began/Here's to the ones that made us/Who we are, who we are/Here's to the ones that raised us/And put us where we are, where we are/And we made a promise/To bring em' all along/Hope they sing with us/Cause this is where we belong.” although not their strongest aspect, they show that they’re just as proficient in delivering vocally in a more traditional sense.

We’re back to regularly scheduled programming as Boa steps up to the microphone to deliver his verse, adding a different perspective lyrically and tonally as delivering his verse with a little more swagger as he raps about where they are now and everything that comes with that as opposed to where they were before they made it, “Ayy, maybe I let it go to my head/Maybe it's the pills I've been poppin or the women in my bed/Got champagne on ice/Penthouse suite in the clouds/Don't fuck wit me now, I don't wanna come down/Lines on the table/Smoke in the air/Plastic cups with the xany/You fucking know I'mma be there/Bitches dancing on tables/Come one come all/It's a long way down but I ain't gonna fall.” which gives an interesting shift in mentality and shows pretty clearly what success and fame can do to a person’s way of life.

The trio jump in the booth together once more for the songs chorus before Bellows delivers the final verse of the track, combining elements of the first two verses together as he raps about the success they’ve achieved so far and the lifestyle that they now get to life but also acknowledges where they came from in the sense that they’re sharing what they have now with a lot of those that stuck with them when they had nothing and bringing those people along for the ride, he delivers his verse in typically confident fashion with a melodic flow, “We got that money coming in/And now we're partying like rockstars in the hills/Fuckin' in penthouses/Smoking dope and poppin' pills/Sharing the wealth with OG's that stuck wit us through thick and thin/Representin' for the ones that never had it/Cause now they fuckin' will/They ain't never partied like this before/I appreciate all they did for us/Hustlin' with us when we were on the come up/They stuck with us/Saw something in us that nobody else did/Three crazy fucking kids/Had a goal and went after it/Now the rewards are all rolling in/And we're living it like we always said we would/A million miles from the hood.”
As the music is brought back down, stripped and steady while they deliver the songs chorus one final time before the song fades out.

“Where We Belong”

{Circuit}
“Ain't ridin' those stolen BMX like we did back then, when we fall we learn to get back up again
Hand me down's from our brothers, holes in the sleeves
Livin' low on the food chain, but that shit meant the world to me
Mama always say, you get what you give
And you give what you get
If you got more than you need
Then you pass it on to the next
And if you know where you come from
You'll know where you're going
Will be better when you get there
Motherfucker we be glowing

Here's to where it all began, all began
Here's to the ones that made us
Who we are, who we are
Here's to the ones that raised us
And put us where we are, where we are
And we made a promise
To bring em' all along
Hope they sing with us
Cause this is where we belong

{Boa}
Ayy, maybe I let it go to my head
Maybe it's the pills I've been poppin or the hoes in my bed
Got champagne on ice
Penthouse suite in the clouds
Don't fuck wit me now, I don't wanna come down
Lines on the table
Smoke in the air
Plastic cups with the xany
You fucking know I'mma be there
Bitches dancing on tables
Come one come all
It's a long way down but I ain't gonna fall

Who we are, who we are
And we made a promise
To bring em' all along
Hope they sing with us
Cause this is where we belong

{Bellows}
We got that money coming in
And now we're partying like rockstars in the hills
Fuckin' in penthouses
Smoking dope and poppin' pills
Sharing the wealth with OG's that stuck wit us through thick and thin
Representin' for the ones that never had it
Cause now they fuckin' will
They ain't never partied like this before
I appreciate all they did for us
Hustlin' with us when we were on the come up
They stuck with us
Saw something in us that nobody else did
Three crazy fucking kids
Had a goal and went after it
Now the rewards are all rolling in
And we're living it like we always said we would
A million miles from the hood

Who we are, who we are
And we made a promise
To bring em' all along
Hope they sing with us
Cause this is where we belong”
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:31:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #10
Title: “Make America Breathe Again”
Length: 5:06

The track begins immediately with brooding keyboards and bass combination and they set their stall out immediately with the opening verse from Boa as he raps about as we moved into what was to become the final year of Trump’s leadership, “We got ourselves into a little situation/The graduation year from junior to senior for our nation/Let's hope this is the final year/Feels a million years since Obama care/Now we're firing careless missile's through the air/Exacerbating tensions while obsessing over twitter mentions/The fuck is this shit/Thought we moved past all of this?/Deserved better than this?.” As the opening verse progresses the music becomes more brooding and intense, add the aggressive undertone to the track which match with the angry topic and direction of the lyrics that flow through the entire track.
As we finish the opening verse, we hear the RnB vocal style of Marina Balan, sung with assertiveness and confidence over the heavy aggressive beat as she delivers the songs chorus, “Let's make America breathe again/Let us be the catalyst for change again/Let's not be shackled by chains again/Let's make America breathe again/Let us be the catalyst for change again/Let's not be shackled by chains again.”

We then arrive at the second verse as Bellows steps up to the plate to continue the trio’s first ever political and social leaning track, completely delivered with assertiveness to match the mood of the tracks music, “It's all been said before/'You must be the change you want to see in the world'/But you're being outworked by a fucking seventeen year old Swedish girl/How's there still people out there that support you/Maybe they're like you too/Just another mindless drone/Or is this more like Stockholm Syndrome/He's got them in his grips/Z-List politics/Psychological characteristic/It's a fucking mental illness/But this is it/Twenty-twenty thought we put this shit/Put this shit to bed/Send him off to pasture/Bang! Bang! Metaphorical bullets in his head.” which shows exactly where they stand on the issue that they’re tackling, never an easy thing to do when you have a growing and developing audience in front of you. But with this track, they show that they’re not afraid to put their beliefs to the forefront and stand by them.
This is quickly followed by a brief verse by Circuit as he shows up briefly in this one, but delivers the most aggressively assertive moment of the track as he delivers his line with venom and aggression, “Does it have to be metaphorical?/The thought of another four years seems illogical/Might have to take matters into my own hands/I'd probably get off for defending this land/Ha, land of the free/Look what he's done to me/Got me thinking violently/Fuck it, I'd do it voluntarily.” before the songs chorus arrives once more, with Marina Balan delivering the RnB infused vocals again.

The final verse of the track is delivered by Bellows in his second turn on the track, as he rapidly fires out his lines with the same venom and aggression as shown by Circuit’s brief appearance, “Twenty-twenty went and fucked it though/Got a clown leading us through a pandemic, the likes of which we ain't ever seen before/How can you give him four more/When he didn't even deserve the inauguration speech to start with/Practice what you preach, drink the fucking bleach/Maybe that will solve this/But nah, let's just slow this down for a verse.” which as he delivers the line, the music dramatically decreases in pace and aggression, the soft sound of the keyboard in the background slows it down dramatically to the point where you feel like you’re only hearing the vocal deliver of Bellows as he continues with more of a sombre mood, “I honestly don't know where to start/Sometimes it feels like the worlds driving in reverse/There's still a lot of hate in this world/Logically, how can anybody feel free when there's people out there that still don't want us to be?/Whether it's woman's rights, gay rights, gun control or black lives/It all fucking matters/And our feet hurt from marching/But we'll keep marching on/Eight minutes and forty six seconds was what it took/You tried to brush it under the rug/But were too dumb to realize that the whole world gave a fuck/Does anyone feel responsible/Does anyone feel regret/Eight minutes and forty six seconds/He held a knee to another human's neck/Doesn't matter who you are/It's clear for all to see/This shit just ain't human to you and me” and with that, Orion have delivered their statement, enough time has passed that some of the references have become dated but a lot of the issues raised throughout the final verse still remain.

“Make America Breathe Again”

{Boa}
“We got ourselves into a little situation
The graduation year from junior to senior for our nation
Let's hope this is the final year
Feels a million years since Obama care
Now we're firing careless missile's through the air
Exacerbating tensions while obsessing over twitter mentions
The fuck is this shit
Thought we moved past all of this?
Deserved better than this?

Let's make America breathe again
Let us be the catalyst for change again
Let's not be shackled by chains again

{Bellows}
It's all been said before
'You must be the change you want to see in the world'
But you're being outworked by a fucking seventeen year old Swedish girl
How's there still people out there that support you
Maybe they're like you too
Just another mindless drone
Or is this more like Stockholm Syndrome
He's got them in his grips
Z-List politics
Psychological characteristic
It's a fucking mental illness
But this is it
Twenty-twenty thought we put this shit
Put this shit to bed
Send him off to pasture
Bang! Bang! Metaphorical bullets in his head

{Circuit}
Does it have to be metaphorical?
The thought of another four years seems illogical
Might have to take matters into my own hands
I'd probably get off for defending this land
Ha, land of the free
Look what he's done to me
Got me thinking violently
Fuck it, I'd do it voluntarily

{Bellows}
Twenty-twenty went and fucked it though
Got a clown leading us through a pandemic, the likes of which we ain't ever seen before
How can you give him four more
When he didn't even deserve the inauguration speech to start with
Practice what you preach, drink the fucking bleach
Maybe that will solve this
But nah, let's just slow this down for a verse
I honestly don't know where to start
Sometimes it feels like the worlds driving in reverse
There's still a lot of hate in this world
Logically, how can anybody feel free when there's people out there that still don't want us to be?
Whether it's woman's rights, gay rights, gun control or black lives
It all fucking matters
And our feet hurt from marching
But we'll keep marching on
Eight minutes and forty six seconds was what it took
You tried to brush it under the rug
But were too dumb to realize that the whole world gave a fuck
Does anyone feel responsible
Does anyone feel regret
Eight minutes and forty six seconds
He held a knee to another human's neck
Doesn't matter who you are
It's clear for all to see
This shit just ain't human to you and me”
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:32:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #11
Title: “Heavyweights”
Genre(s): Rap, Hip-Hop
Length: 4:46

The next track begins with a strong rhythmic beat and piano combination, mid-tempo initially as the song begins, it feels like one of the more slower-paced inward looking tracks from the group as Bellows sets up the track with the opening verse outwardly looking at what has happened for him in the past couple of years, “Man it’s been quite a trip these past few years/Always said we’d make it and we did/Always said you’d be by my side and it would all be worth it/Saw the come up on the way to greatness/But you walked out too soon/Promised that big things would be coming soon/All you had to do was wait/Didn’t need to hesitate/No need for you to contemplate.” with the slower progression of the backdrop and the lyrical content, giving the feeling of the rapper talking directly to a previous lover as he continues, “Always said we could be something great/And now you out there on the struggle/Fuckin’ wit some dude that ain’t got the hustle/When you coulda been with the champ.” which leads perfectly into the songs chorus.

The chorus is delivered by stitching individual singing sections from the trio together, making it feel more whole as they hit on a catchy chorus matched with the steady paced nature of the songs rhythmic backdrop, “Girl, I heard that you’ve been playin’ it safe/Hangin’ wit the featherweights/Cause you couldn’t keep up with the heavyweights/Girl, I heard that you’ve been playin’ it safe/Hangin’ wit the featherweights/Cause you couldn’t keep up with the heavyweights.” the songs chorus complementing the opening verse from Bellows nicely before Boa steps up to the mic to deliver his verse as the tempo increases to match his lyrical content and energy.

In his deeper vocal range, Boa fires out words at a quicker more rapid-fire style than Bellow’s more controlled and reflective manner, there’s a feeling of aggression and resentment in Boa’s delivery on the second verse, “She was my queen, gave her everything/Made promises just to keep em’/To prove that I was a keeper/Told her the come up was slow, but I’m a sleeper/But she fucked it when she walked away/Threw four years of love away/Now we flyin’ high in the airways/Got a house in the hills of LA/Number one hits on the airwaves/Can’t get away from us if you try/Got that earworm banger shit, you can’t deny/And we hangin’ with the A list now.” as he heads down the more braggadocios route on the track after the initial anger before the trio come together again for the vocal delivery during the songs chorus.

Next up is the final verse, delivered by Circuit in an assertive style that almost rubber stamps the message of being strong in the face of doubt and difficult moments in the anticipation that the good times are only just over the horizon, he delivers perhaps his strongest vocal performance of the record as he rapidly fires out the final verse, “Some of the chicks that used to come around, didn’t ever have the mentality for this/Thought if it was gonna happen it was gonna happen real quick/Got bored of the grind/Guess they’ve got a fragile mind/Cause it was out there for all to see/Guess they just couldn’t see the wood for the trees/But we hustled on/Kept it going/Believing in ourselves, always knowing/That when you manifest this shit and back it up with talent and hard work/There was only ever gonna be one outcome for us.” which brings to full circle the autobiographical nature of the song with each member adding their own personal take on the same situation that the trio have experienced together, seemingly. This idea continues as he fires out the final moments of his solo verse before the songs chorus plays us out, “We believe in the culture/That hard work pays off/And we see those same girls that fuckin’ took off/Playin’ wit themselves/Just to get back on our good side/But we only associate ourselves wit the real ride or dies.”

“Heavyweights”

{Bellows}
“Man it’s been quite a trip these past few years
Always said we’d make it and we did
Always said you’d be by my side and it would all be worth it
Saw the come up on the way to greatness
But you walked out too soon
Promised that big things would be coming soon
All you had to do was wait
Didn’t need to hesitate
No need for you to contemplate
Always said we could be something great
And now you out there on the struggle
Fuckin’ wit some dude that ain’t got the hustle
When you coulda been with the champ

Girl, I heard that you’ve been playin’ it safe
Hangin’ wit the featherweights
Cause you couldn’t keep up with the heavyweights

{Boa}
She was my queen, gave her everything
Made promises just to keep em’
To prove that I was a keeper
Told her the come up was slow, but I’m a sleeper
But she fucked it when she walked away
Threw four years of love away
Now we flyin’ high in the airways
Got a house in the hills of LA
Number one hits on the airwaves
Can’t get away from us if you try
Got that earworm banger shit, you can’t deny
And we hangin’ with the A list now

{Circuit}
Some of the chicks that used to come around, didn’t ever have the mentality for this
Thought if it was gonna happen it was gonna happen real quick
Got bored of the grind
Guess they’ve got a fragile mind
Cause it was out there for all to see
Guess they just couldn’t see the wood for the trees
But we hustled on
Kept it going
Believing in ourselves, always knowing
That when you manifest this shit and back it up with talent and hard work
There was only ever gonna be one outcome for us
We believe in the culture
That hard work pays off
And we see those same girls that fuckin’ took off
Playin’ wit themselves
Just to get back on our good side
But we only associate ourselves wit the real ride or dies

Cause you couldn’t keep up with the heavyweights”
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:33:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #12
Title: “We Bring Em’ Up”
Genre(s): Rap
Length: 4:39

The track begins without music, starting instead with the sole voice of Bellows as he initiates the opening to the song before a strong melodic piano tone comes in which shifts up the tone and sets things up for another emotive effort, “Nah, we gon' strip it back/Slow it down, we gotta get real on the track/Came from nothin'/Could barely afford the clothes on my back/But now we reppin' for the OG crew, the entire fleet/Pembroke Avenue and front street/Shit, some of those names ain't around no more/Carved in marble and granite/Those visits are starting to become a bad habit/Hurts to see em' go/When they should be playin' the game/Living that luxury flow.” before a sudden eruption of rapid-fire aggression arrives in his voice as he continues through the opening verse, “Man, this lifestyles fucking hard to take/Makes my heart fucking break/Cause' we always promised to bring em' up with us when we made it/Ink was barely dry and now we fuckin' famous/Didn't even take us too long/But too many of em' are already gone/Jobs for the boys/We give it back to the squad/We bring em' up/My faith's always been true/But now I find myself questioning god.” which see’s them contemplating their own faith seeing that they came through adversity and tough times believing they’d come through that with certain people from their lives that didn’t receive the same luck. Bellows follows up the opening verse with the repeated lines amidst an eerie silence as he states, “We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do.”

Boa then follows on the same message and feelings of sadness as he jumps onto the beat adding his own thoughts and feelings on the same emotive topic, “Fucked up that you ain't ever gonna see our dreams come true/Some asshole had a grudge against you/Had your name on the payroll cause we knew you'd come through/Now we gonna etch your name on our skin/Immortalise you with a group tattoo/You were there from the start/When we nothing with our shitty gear/You were on the frontlines with us from the fuckin' start/Always the loudest when you cheer/Now we all standing here/Tears in our eyes/Hope you do get to see our dreams come true/Way up in the sky/From a better view.” as the music again falls silent and this time Boa solemnly repeats the songs refrain, “We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do.” which shows exactly the sort of loyalty that they feel and the sadness that surrounds them catching breaks that those that supported them should still be around to get to watch and feel like is part of theirs in some way.

And for the songs final verse, Circuit steps up on the same consistent beat with the sound of somebody fighting back his emotions as he fires out his words, “We're keeping every promise we made to you/Final words that we shared with you/Said we'd look out for your kids and your family too/They never have to be alone/All because of you/As a man what you stood for means the world to us/We carry you with us from the limos, to the yachts, private jets and tour bus/We'll support your kin like we promised when we made it/There's so much more to this shit than just being rich and famous/And that's what you taught us/To enjoy the fruits of the success when our break finally caught us/But understand that without our roots firmly in the ground to help us keep standing tall/We'd never make it in this world/If we forgot you all.” and once more we hear the songs refrain close out the track, “We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do/We bring em' up, it's what we do.”

“We Bring Em' Up”

{Bellows}
“Nah, we gon' strip it back
Slow it down, we gotta get real on the track
Came from nothin'
Could barely afford the clothes on my back
But now we reppin' for the OG crew, the entire fleet
Pembroke Avenue and front street
Shit, some of those names ain't around no more
Carved in marble and granite
Those visits are starting to become a bad habit
Hurts to see em' go
When they should be playin' the game
Living that luxury flow
Man, this lifestyles fucking hard to take
Makes my heart fucking break
Cause' we always promised to bring em' up with us when we made it
Ink was barely dry and now we fuckin' famous
Didn't even take us too long
But too many of em' are already gone
Jobs for the boys
We give it back to the squad
We bring em' up
My faith's always been true
But now I find myself questioning god

We bring em' up, it's what we do

{Boa}
Fucked up that you ain't ever gonna see our dreams come true
Some asshole had a grudge against you
Had your name on the payroll cause we knew you'd come through
Now we gonna etch your name on our skin
Immortalise you with a group tattoo
You were there from the start
When we nothing with our shitty gear
You were on the frontlines with us from the fuckin' start
Always the loudest when you cheer
Now we all standing here
Tears in our eyes
Hope you do get to see our dreams come true
Way up in the sky
From a better view

{Circuit}
We're keeping every promise we made to you
Final words that we shared with you
Said we'd look out for your kids and your family too
They never have to be alone
All because of you
As a man what you stood for means the world to us
We carry you with us from the limos, to the yachts, private jets and tour bus
We'll support your kin like we promised when we made it
There's so much more to this shit than just being rich and famous
And that's what you taught us
To enjoy the fruits of the success when our break finally caught us
But understand that without our roots firmly in the ground to help us keep standing tall
We'd never make it in this world
If we forgot you all

We bring em' up, it's what we do”
Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:35:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #13
Title: “Ride or Die”
Genre(s): Rap
Length: 4:53

The track begins with a heavy trap beat, the sound of drums and bass immediately bring to mind the sound of modern rap records, it’s a repetitive and catchy opening beat and see’s the trio change things up from the previous more introspective tracks. Showing that the trio can match their contemporary’s in terms of cranking more upbeat backdrops. The trio have their vocals combined immediately on the track as they provide the songs opening refrain, “Standin’ up straight like you always wanted/Lookin’ fresh all day like it’s nothin’/Don’t know why I always fought you on this shit/When you were just tryin’ your best to make sure that we’d make it/And if I had a chance to do it all again/I’d still have you be by my side/And if I had a chance to do it all over again/You’d be my ride or die.” instantly making it clear that this track fits the modern mould, it’s smooth in its vocal and lyrical content and the beat has all the bass needed for this one to be cranked out in nightclubs at the end of an evening.

The opening verse is brought to us by Boa, his deeper voice adding a feeling of raw honesty and sincerity to what he’s saying, “Uh, I don’t wanna fuck around anymore/Cause I’ve spent too many nights passed out on the floor/Drinkin’ til’ I can’t feel pain anymore/I can see clearly what you brought when you walked through the door/And how my life has spiralled outta control/Since you walked out the door/Now I wake up with girls from the club/Can’t even remember their names or how well they fucked/Couldn’t tell you if that shit was good/But I can probably guarantee/It ain’t as good as when it was just us/Just you and me.” it's sincerity of course dying a little towards the final moments of the verse. He finishes up his verse with a brief pause before singing, “Since you walked out, I don’t blame you/I fucked up too many times/I wish I could have came through.” before the songs opening refrain is heard again.

Following the refrain, Circuit jumps into action with his version of modern-day faux Romeo vibes that generally appear to work in fixing broken issues, “I don’t think I can get you off of my mind/I could fuck all these new chicks that have came into my life/But you know how it is when you can’t shake that feeling of being alone/And all you find yourself doing is checking your phone/And I’d take a text or a call/Over all the pussy that’s out there/I’d fix all the shit that I broke if I knew that it would fix us /But I understand when it’s been broken enough/That even a miracle ain’t fixin’ us.” and it’s the sort of honest reflection that feels all the rage within the genre in the past few years. Again the post verse breakdown is sung, this time by Circuit, “Since you walked out, I don’t blame you/I fucked up too many times/I wish I could have came through” and the songs refrain comes once more.

And finally we reach the songs final verse, it’s energetic drum and bass sound about to relent but not before the tempo drops before kicking back in before the end of the verse. Bellows steps up to the mic, despite the team effort it feels like he’s been a standout throughout the record as we prepare for the final verse that will drive us out of the penultimate track and into the final offering of this highly anticipated debut album, he steps and delivers in his familiarly confident and crisp tone, “Uh, let’s get this right this time/I’mma be a better man/And we in this ride together this time/Shit ain’t just about me anymore, I don’t need to shine/I’mma put the spotlight on you, girl/Cause it’s you that shine’s bright.” is exactly as it appears, it feels more like a lead in to the verse to come as he speeds up his delivery on the beat, “I think it's 'bout time that we got something to fight for huh/‘Bout time we make this shit official, on ma life though/If I throw it at you then you better put it back on me huh/Cause you know I’m legit when I say I’m all in/Don't pop that pussy if you want it no strings/Cause' I'm done with all that fake shit/In Hollywood they like to hop on that dick just to get fuckin' famous/But I wanna build something/Ain't on that come up for nothin'/Ya'll know I ain't stoppin'/So don't just hop in for the ride/I want that passionate shit kinda girl/Can't keep her hands off my dick, kinda girl/Boss ass bitch that's legit kinda girl/Running empires and making hits, kinda girl.” which feels like a tone shift, but works well with the beat drop mid-way through the verse. The songs refrain is repeated before the song fades out into the final track.

“Ride or Die”

“Standin’ up straight like you always wanted
Lookin’ fresh all day like it’s nothin’
Don’t know why I always fought you on this shit
When you were just tryin’ your best to make sure that we’d make it
And if I had a chance to do it all again
I’d still have you be by my side
And if I had a chance to do it all over again
You’d be my ride or die

{Boa}
Uh, I don’t wanna fuck around anymore
Cause I’ve spent too many nights passed out on the floor
Drinkin’ til’ I can’t feel pain anymore
I can see clearly what you brought when you walked through the door
And how my life has spiralled outta control
Since you walked out the door
Now I wake up with girls from the club
Can’t even remember their names or how well they fucked
Couldn’t tell you if that shit was good
But I can probably guarantee
It ain’t as good as when it was just us
Just you and me

Since you walked out, I don’t blame you
I fucked up too many times
I wish I could have came through

Standin’ up straight like you always wanted
You’d be my ride or die

{Circuit}
I don’t think I can get you off of my mind
I could fuck all these new chicks that have came into my life
But you know how it is when you can’t shake that feeling of being alone
And all you find yourself doing is checking your phone
And I’d take a text or a call
Over all the pussy that’s out there
I’d fix all the shit that I broke if I knew that it would fix us
But I understand when it’s been broken enough
That even a miracle ain’t fixin’ us

Since you walked out, I don’t blame you
I fucked up too many times
I wish I could have came through

You’d be my ride or die

{Bellows}
Uh, let’s get this right this time
I’mma be a better man
And we in this ride together this time
Shit ain’t just about me anymore, I don’t need to shine
I’mma put the spotlight on you, girl
Cause it’s you that shine’s bright

I think it's 'bout time that we got something to fight for huh
‘Bout time we make this shit official, on ma life though
If I throw it at you then you better put it back on me huh
Cause you know I’m legit when I say I’m all in
Don't pop that pussy if you want it no strings
Cause' I'm done with all that fake shit
In Hollywood they like to hop on that dick just to get fuckin' famous
But I wanna build something
Ain't on that come up for nothin'
Ya'll know I ain't stoppin'
So don't just hop in for the ride
I want that passionate shit kinda girl
Can't keep her hands off my dick, kinda girl
Boss ass bitch that's legit kinda girl
Running empires and making hits, kinda girl

You’d be my ride or die”
stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 30/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 30 January 2022 01:36:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #14
Title: “Homecoming”
Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Rap
Length: 5:07

The track begins with the sound of static and background street noise, almost as though someone is turning the radio station over in a car on a rainy evening on the road, as the crackling clears we can hear a snippet of a slowed down version of The Spinners track “I’m Coming Home”, as the vocals deliver the lyrics, “Won’t you understand, why doncha?/Tell someone to meet me, I’m coming home/Tell someone to meet me, why doncha?” which in it’s slowed down vocally isolated version sets the tone for the trio to deliver their love letter to their hometown. It’s a brief intro as the sampled song crackles before it disappears as the beat suddenly changes to a more gritty hip-hop beat, slow and subtle there’s not much to it as it allows the mood to wash over the track with the lyrics and theme of the song as Bellows steps up first and raps over the sombre and brooding beat, “Penny for your thoughts, cuz/Fuck it, just keep em’/Been out here making all this buzz so you know I don’t need it/A million miles away from home, kid/These streets are different/They say they’re lined with gold/But I know it’s just that fake shit, keep it/Feel like I’m in a different headspace/I’ve always been east coast at heart and west coast when I’m on my dreamer shit/But I guess homesickness comes to us all some day/I just need to feel something/A little real/Like the streets that fucking built me/Solid concrete and steel.” which immediately sets the tone and mood for the track, mixed with the beat, the lyrics paint a vivid picture of the trio’s own headspace in this current moment, even more evident as Bellows continues, “Detroit, you know you’ll always be my hometown/I just hope since I went away/The least that I could do is make you all proud/Come back a returning hero/You know we always fuckin’ bring it back/Massive love to my hometown/It's where it’s at.”

The sample track crackles in once more and will continue to bookend each verse throughout before it’s Boa’s turn to jump into the track and give his take on this love letter to his hometown, “This shit ain’t something they’ve never seen before/They’ve seen so many leave with their head in the clouds and their ambitions full of dreams/And a lot of em’ went out and fucking made it/Some came back before they had a chance to become rich and famous/Sitting on the front stoop/Watching the whole world just pass em’ by/Hit it hard wit the bottle/Ain’t no wonder that they wanna die/I’ve witnessed this shit so many times before/I just hope we don’t live it/Got so many reasons that I wanna live for/Nah, the money and the lifestyle is fucking good, I can’t lie/We out here living it up in the hills/Bad bitches by our side/Cooking it up for us on them big fucking hooks and chorus/Sucking dick like a champ/Cause these Cali girls fucking adore us/But we fuckin’ know/That we be bringing this shit back home/We gon’ have fun while we runnin’/But you gonna fuckin’ understand this shit when we on our homecoming.” as he has a different take on things having seen people go away to try to make it and only return with nothing to show for it and end up living out there life washed up and broken. Suggesting that he has a fear of that being his future path but enough belief that they won’t falter like those that have gone before them and failed previously.

The static returns for the sample to showcase the final verse and close things out, but in between it’s Circuit’s turn to deliver his verse, it feels like the beat is slightly more aggressive during the final verse, the speed of the beat is increased a little and the background street noises can be heard throughout the final verse, the sound rain coming down heavily and the occasional sound of yelling and sirens are very faint in the background but if you listen for it you can notice the additional effects that backdrop the verse from Circuit as he steps up, “Honestly if I’m speaking truths out here/You know if I’m spitting bars about my hometown, we be shifting gears/That reminiscing shit just tears me up/Like fuck, man you know we were taught to grow up tough/Lost a lot through the years/Now every memory I have about the streets that fucking raised me/Are only in negative colours, black, grey and grainy/You know I’mma always be drawn back/But it’s with a heavy heart/Only got so much gas left in the tank/This hometown drains me of every last fucking drop that I have/Brings me back down to earth with a bang/While I’m steppin’ the game up in Cali stomping on these fucking monster beats/Notifications popping off/Another of my hometown brothers dead in the streets/Takes me outta this fictional world I’m living in/And brings me back home to reality that my people are still fucking living in.” which see’s more specific references to the difficulties balancing where they come from and where they are now, while Bellows and Boa went with a more general take on the situation, Circuit speaks specifically on the reasons why he has a tormented relationship with his hometown that is ultimately drenched in love and affection for it but pain at the same time, giving the track it’s most emotive moment during it’s closer as he takes a breath and finishes out his verse, “Sometimes I feel like I should just pack it all in/And return back to it/Cause I feel like a fraud when I’m out here/Fucking around in the blue sky City, acting like I’m out here running it/Sometimes I feel like I should just pack it all in/And return back to it/Cause I feel like a fraud when I’m out here/Fuck it, I know that I am and yet I just keeping living it.” as the verse finishes and the sound of the sampled track closes things out in it’s original more upbeat form, creating a contrast in moods and flipping the entire mood of the song on it’s head.

“Homecoming”

[Samples The Spinners – “I’m Coming Home”]

“Won’t you understand, why doncha?
Tell someone to meet me, I’m coming home
Tell someone to meet me, why doncha?

[Bellows]
Penny for your thoughts, cuz
Fuck it, just keep em’
Been out here making all this buzz so you know I don’t need it
A million miles away from home, kid
These streets are different
They say they’re lined with gold
But I know it’s just that fake shit, keep it
Feel like I’m in a different headspace
I’ve always been east coast at heart and west coast when I’m on my dreamer shit
But I guess homesickness comes to us all some day
I just need to feel something
A little real
Like the streets that fucking built me
Solid concrete and steel
Detroit, you know you’ll always be my hometown
I just hope since I went away
The least that I could do is make you all proud
Come back a returning hero
You know we always fuckin’ bring it back
Massive love to my hometown
It's where it’s at

Won’t you understand, why doncha?

[Boa]
This shit ain’t something they’ve never seen before
They’ve seen so many leave with their head in the clouds and their ambitions full of dreams
And a lot of em’ went out and fucking made it
Some came back before they had a chance to become rich and famous
Sitting on the front stoop
Watching the whole world just pass em’ by
Hit it hard wit the bottle
Ain’t no wonder that they wanna die
I’ve witnessed this shit so many times before
I just hope we don’t live it
Got so many reasons that I wanna live for
Nah, the money and the lifestyle is fucking good, I can’t lie
We out here living it up in the hills
Bad bitches by our side
Cooking it up for us on them big fucking hooks and chorus
Sucking dick like a champ
Cause these Cali girls fucking adore us
But we fuckin’ know
That we be bringing this shit back home
We gon’ have fun while we runnin’
But you gonna fuckin’ understand this shit when we on our homecoming

[Circuit]
Honestly if I’m speaking truths out here
You know if I’m spitting bars about my hometown, we be shifting gears
That reminiscing shit just tears me up
Like fuck, man you know we were taught to grow up tough
Lost a lot through the years
Now every memory I have about the streets that fucking raised me
Are only in negative colours, black, grey and grainy
You know I’mma always be drawn back
But it’s with a heavy heart
Only got so much gas left in the tank
This hometown drains me of every last fucking drop that I have
Brings me back down to earth with a bang
While I’m steppin’ the game up in Cali stomping on these fucking monster beats
Notifications popping off
Another of my hometown brothers dead in the streets
Takes me outta this fictional world I’m living in
And brings me back home to reality that my people are still fucking living in
Sometimes I feel like I should just pack it all in
And return back to it
Cause I feel like a fraud when I’m out here
Fucking around in the blue sky City, acting like I’m out here running it
Sometimes I feel like I should just pack it all in
And return back to it
Cause I feel like a fraud when I’m out here
Fuck it, I know that I am and yet I just keeping living it

Tell someone to meet me, why doncha?”
stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 30/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Online 2001clay  
#16 Posted : 30 January 2022 04:51:10(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Murda Bling: Yo i just heard ya'll debut album & man this shit is good!

Rose Harris: I really love how you guys rap with your own flow so damn you guys rock!

OCC: That was really good job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#17 Posted : 30 January 2022 14:08:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Andrew you snapped!! Honestly, I loved the fact that this was a surprise release. I seriously didn't see this coming and I love what you did here with Orion's debut. I know how daunting it may have been for you to step out of your comfort zone as a writer and write rap songs but the result was so dope. You can do it all lol. Every track on the album has a clear message and you really carved out individual sounds for each member through their rap verses which I admire. Consistent album from top to bottom with in depth descriptions, brilliant work.

PS: So happy to have Marina Balan be a part of this project. I love her being the unwritten fourth member lol.

BitchWat: ORION STAND THE FUCK UP. Even though my bitch Marina needed to be on more songs, ya'll still ate on this album!!! Yasssssss I am living! Bars for days and shooting the video with you boys was a whole vibe. I am that bitch and ya'll are dem boyssss. Congrats on the debut!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 30/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#18 Posted : 12 February 2022 17:01:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Murda Bling: Yo i just heard ya'll debut album & man this shit is good!

Rose Harris: I really love how you guys rap with your own flow so damn you guys rock!

OCC: That was really good job

Circuit: Thanks man, appreciate ya for checking it out.

Boa: You know how we do, expectation was high so we had to hit it right with this one.

OOC: Thanks!!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 12/02/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 12 February 2022 17:19:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Andrew you snapped!! Honestly, I loved the fact that this was a surprise release. I seriously didn't see this coming and I love what you did here with Orion's debut. I know how daunting it may have been for you to step out of your comfort zone as a writer and write rap songs but the result was so dope. You can do it all lol. Every track on the album has a clear message and you really carved out individual sounds for each member through their rap verses which I admire. Consistent album from top to bottom with in depth descriptions, brilliant work.

PS: So happy to have Marina Balan be a part of this project. I love her being the unwritten fourth member lol.

BitchWat: ORION STAND THE FUCK UP. Even though my bitch Marina needed to be on more songs, ya'll still ate on this album!!! Yasssssss I am living! Bars for days and shooting the video with you boys was a whole vibe. I am that bitch and ya'll are dem boyssss. Congrats on the debut!!

Bellows: Sofia, you know you're the motherfuckin' taste test in the industry right now. So it means a hell of a lot to know that you're vibing to the record. Marina is a damn diamond and vocal powerhouse, killed it on each appearance on the record, she's our girl. Always will be! Enjoyed living it up with you for those four days on that video shoot, we shut it down for sure! Appreciate the support!!

OOC: Thank you! It's been in the works for the longest time, just those damn descriptions kept putting me off from actually finishing the whole thing up. But I needed to stop hanging on to the album and just get it out there, mostly so I could switch focus to some of my other acts. It was a challenge to step into this genre, I find myself constantly battling against whether it comes across as corny or even disrespectful in a way. But in the process I've become more a fan of the genre than before, so it's been a good thing. Essentially, I just hope that I've created something that feels authentic, so your comments are very much appreciated. And the Marina thing was a blessing, wasn't expecting this small insignificant idea that I had would become it's own monster hahaha but thank you for playing along with that and going with it!
Offline PANIC!  
#20 Posted : 15 February 2022 07:36:19(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: What you three have done over the twenty months you've all been putting out music together is nothing short of incredible. Over half of the album was already jam packed with hit songs before the full LP was even out, which is quite the feat given how quickly trends change in the streaming era. This is a debut effort that as impressive as its singles leading up to it and a project that engages the fans from the first bar. What's not to love about it? I know everyone is going to show love to the rapping and lyricism found within this project but as a musician I can't help but be drawn into the detail found within the instrumentation and production of these songs. They are not simple tracks with just a thumping beat behind them. They are carefully crafted pieces. The guitarist in me can't help but smile hearing that riff in Liberating. Masterful job ya'll. Many more hits to come. Now I'm tempted to do a mash-up between your track "All In" and the song of the same name that Ellie-Grace and I made, both about basically going all in on love with your respective partner.

OOC: As usual with your album threads, this is great and love the detail within it to build these songs out. I'm sure I've said it before but I think keeping rappers compelling and interesting is one of the hardest tasks one can take on here and how you've been able to build this group up to each have their own unique personalities is amazing. Excellent work, Andrew!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/02/2022(UTC)