logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#21 Posted : 06 February 2023 03:17:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Signpost” (feat. Bellows)
Genre(s): Rap, RnB
Length: 5:39
Label: Just Record / Dahlhouse Entertainment
Songwriter(s): Kara Romero, Brayton Carter
Producer(s): Kara Romero, Brayton Carter, Jadyn Ghalen, Jamal Ghalen

Song Description;

The song begins with a repeated dreamwave-esque keyboard sound with a soft drumming beat heard faintly in the background, it’s not long before the opening lyrics are delivered by Kara in a smooth RnB vocal style which allows her to really give the theme and feeling of the song from the very outset as she sings over the RnB tinged music, “I know we never liked to label things/But all the signs seemed to indicate that we were something/I kinda thought we were good/Thought we were just trying to avoid the word love/Just so shit wouldn’t get complicated/We fucked almost every night that you were in my home.” which immediately give the tone of the track, despite her softly spoken delivery it’s clear that there’s an anger and frustration coming from the lyrical content as she sings about an understanding of both people not wanting to put a label on the relationship at the risk of ruining a good thing, despite all the evidence pointing clearly to the fact that they were indeed something.

The music continues in a similar vein as we progress to the chorus early on, the speed of the backing music has increased slightly as she switches up tone slightly to deliver another RnB tinged vocal delivery but this time with a little more assertiveness and anger in the tone, giving the feeling that we’re hearing her side of the argument, “Don’t even try to tell me that I should have seen the signs/When there wasn’t a single signpost/Don’t try to tell me that I should have read the signs/There wasn’t a single signpost/I guess I was the one/That was played the most.” and this gives us the very message of the track, drenched in confusion and skirting around the idea of saying what you truly feel, leaving one person comfortable and the other confused in a situation. The tone shift in vocal delivery matches the lyrical content as we delve deeper into the breakdown of a relationship.

The pace switches up completely as the chorus ends, the modern day RnB tone of the backing music fades out and we’re given a very beat heavy sound, drums and a bass highlighting this section of the track and as the music changes the vocal delivery does so too as Kara moves into full assertiveness as she jumps on the beat and delivers a rap verse that highlights the frustration and anger that lingers beyond the surface, “For all intents and purposes, we were together/You can try to manipulate the situation/Keep saying we ain’t had that conversation/But actions speak louder/Everybody could fucking see it/We were exclusive in every fucking way/You were with me almost every god damn day/It’s just something we didn’t wanna say/Because we’ve seen how once it’s said you ain’t ever truly get that magic back/You can call me naïve/But I won’t take that personal attack/You can come around here/Trying to make amends/But I won’t fall for that bullshit/Just so we can fuck again.” and it’s clear that the tender RnB vocal style is linked to the idea of her trying to understand and rationalise the hurt that she feels and the rap vocal delivery is her allowing herself to be angry.

The beat increases slightly to accommodate the inclusion of Bellows with a slightly more aggressive beat drop on this version of the track, “Nah, listen to me now/What we had was real fuckin good/But you’re the one that kept on saying that you don’t want feelings to fuck this up/You seemed happy to keep serving me pussy/Like you out here serving looks/Always screaming out how much you love this dick/But never about how much you love us.” he takes a break for a few seconds to let his opening delivery sink in before he continues, “I know we used to hang/Cause you always felt like one of us/Smoking blunts/Ya’ll were always down to fuck/Relentless on that pussy shit I thought that was all you wanted/Bouncing on it like a trampoline/You never disappointed/But I ain’t had you down for the feelings type/Ya’ll never pressed in close on those long fucking winter nights/You kept it superficial for the longest fuckin’ time/How am I supposed to know this shit?/I ain’t got the ability to read your fucking mind/Truth be told/I thought you were only in this for a good time/If it ain’t too bold/I felt pretty empty after I came inside.” and it does exactly what was set out by Bellows, to deliver another side to the story as he delivers a verse that shows the situation from his side of a relationship that to him felt a little cold and empty, essentially giving the audience the opportunity to decide for themselves.

The music switches back as we return to the songs chorus, “Don’t even try to tell me that I should have seen the signs/When there wasn’t a single signpost/Don’t try to tell me that I should have read the signs/There wasn’t a single signpost/I guess I was the one/That was played the most.” but this time is accompanied by a bridge which continues in that softer RnB delivery but with the lyrical content continuing in the assertive nature of the rap verse as she sings, “I’ve seen this shit happen before/But didn’t think I’d be the one to fall for it/Didn’t think that was your MO/But I should have fucking known it/Shouldn’t have been so trustin’.” we’re given the songs chorus once more before we move into the final section of the song.

The final section begins with Bellows as he delivers one final verse, essentially acting as his final argument before leaving the decision with the audience to decide which side of the relationship they fall into, he effortlessly drops in on the beat with this verse as delivers his final statement, “I don’t think you can pin this on me fully/Whenever I’d bring up the topic you’d just say “we’re having fun, aren’t we?”/I think it’s bold of you to think that I couldn’t love you/If you’d have opened up/I really think I fucking could do/But I ain’t gonna complain if all you wanna do is fuck/But just know I can get it elsewhere/With a little more love/So I’mma fuck around for a bit/Until you grow the fuck up/Maybe somewhere down the road/There may be a destination for us/But until then I’ll just put my deuces up/And say the pussy was good.” and with that we move into the final verse, to be delivered by Kara.

The track switches tone again as we head into another rap verse, the softness making way for the drum heavy and faster paced verse as Kara moves into rap mode once more, “But you know me enough to know that once you’re out/You ain’t ever getting back in/I can be stubborn as fuck when I need to be/I know you keep calling me to talk/To try to smooth this shit over/But I can’t tolerate you loving me, when you’re fuckin’ wit another/It hurts inside/But I’ll keep my emotions undercover/Give me a moment to hurt/And then I’ll get over this/I’m strong enough to move past this shit/I take it as a lesson/To help me grow stronger.” and the internal calmness at accepting that she’s essentially done now, and that she’s said what she needed to say and let out whatever anger was needed to be let out is followed by one final return to the RnB vibe as she sings the songs chorus once more to play it out.

“Signpost” (feat. Bellows)

(Kara)
“I know we never liked to label things
But all the signs seemed to indicate that we were something
I kinda thought we were good
Thought we were just trying to avoid the word love
Just so shit wouldn’t get complicated
We fucked almost every night that you were in my home

Don’t even try to tell me that I should have seen the signs
When there wasn’t a single signpost
Don’t try to tell me that I should have read the signs
There wasn’t a single signpost
I guess I was the one
That was played the most

(Kara)
For all intents and purposes, we were together
You can try to manipulate the situation
Keep saying we ain’t had that conversation
But actions speak louder
Everybody could fucking see it
We were exclusive in every fucking way
You were with me almost every god damn day
It’s just something we didn’t wanna say
Because we’ve seen how once it’s said you ain’t ever truly get that magic back
You can call me naïve
But I won’t take that personal attack
You can come around here
Trying to make amends
But I won’t fall for that bullshit
Just so we can fuck again

(Bellows)
Nah, listen to me now
What we had was real fuckin good
But you’re the one that kept on saying that you don’t want feelings to fuck this up
You seemed happy to keep serving me pussy
Like you out here serving looks
Always screaming out how much you love this dick
But never about how much you love us
I know we used to hang
Cause you always felt like one of us
Smoking blunts
Ya’ll were always down to fuck
Relentless on that pussy shit I thought that was all you wanted
Bouncing on it like a trampoline
You never disappointed
But I ain’t had you down for the feelings type
Ya’ll never pressed in close on those long fucking winter nights
You kept it superficial for the longest fuckin’ time
How am I supposed to know this shit?
I ain’t got the ability to read your fucking mind
Truth be told
I thought you were only in this for a good time
If it ain’t too bold
I felt pretty empty after I came inside

I guess I was the one
That was played the most

(Kara)
I’ve seen this shit happen before
But didn’t think I’d be the one to fall for it
Didn’t think that was your MO
But I should have fucking known it
Shouldn’t have been so trustin’

I guess I was the one
That was played the most

(Bellows)
I don’t think you can pin this on me fully
Whenever I’d bring up the topic you’d just say “we’re having fun, aren’t we?”
I think it’s bold of you to think that I couldn’t love you
If you’d have opened up
I really think I fucking could do
But I ain’t gonna complain if all you wanna do is fuck
But just know I can get it elsewhere
With a little more love
So I’mma fuck around for a bit
Until you grow the fuck up
Maybe somewhere down the road
There may be a destination for us
But until then I’ll just put my deuces up
And say the pussy was good

(Kara)
But you know me enough to know that once you’re out
You ain’t ever getting back in
I can be stubborn as fuck when I need to be
I know you keep calling me to talk
To try to smooth this shit over
But I can’t tolerate you loving me, when you’re fuckin’ wit another
It hurts inside
But I’ll keep my emotions undercover
Give me a moment to hurt
And then I’ll get over this
I’m strong enough to move past this shit
I take it as a lesson
To help me grow stronger

I guess I was the one
That was played the most”

Sound Alike;

Kehlani – “Serial Lover”

OOC: Album finally finished, hopefully it came across well. It's been a challenge to get this all finished within a week but I figured if I didn't give myself such a tight deadline I would continue to put off finishing the album. I'm glad it's all over, it will likely be the last big scale album release from me for a while. Hopefully it's at a decent enough standard and it feels authentic enough. Thanks in advance to anybody that takes the time to read it, it's always appreciated given the amount of time that it takes to write all of this. Again, hope you enjoy it! :)
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 06/02/2023(UTC), 2001clay on 06/02/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/02/2023(UTC), PANIC! on 13/03/2023(UTC), kandii on 17/07/2023(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/07/2023(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#22 Posted : 21 February 2023 05:02:19(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
OOC: Sorry that it has taken over two weeks to get around to commenting. Had a bunch of stuff going on and wanted to take time to properly read through this project. Sad that the forum is experiencing a major lull right now as many are missing out on such a great RP. Regardless of what you may think as per your OOC post at the end of the thread, this does NOT seem rushed at all. It feels like such a great payoff for a highly anticipated album with a big campaign. With the successful singles, quality of prior releases and then with the lengthy tracklist reveal, I already knew this would be an epic drop!

This feels like a PROPER album. One I'd definitely seek out and one that reminds me of the type of albums that made me fall in love with music in the first place. The decent track lengths, the features that make sense, the cohesion of the sound alikes - it all just clicks. It's totally Kara and an album that's been fine-tuned and well-crafted to be the best it can be and covey stories the way you intended. Even little things like the backstory of how "Hit Me Up" only makes sense on the album due to the sequencing adds an extra bit of depth and flavour. Take away the meticulous stitching together of the project and we're still left with songs with so much heart and wonderful lyricism. It would've been a great project either way but the way you crafted it just takes it to a whole other level.

Thanks so much for pushing through and dropping such an incredible project while the forum's unfortunately experiencing some downtime. I hope that more people come online soon and appreciate what you've shared with us. Was looking forward to this album for the longest time (as you've probably noticed via Billy's constant praise haha) and it certainly did not disappoint. Glorious work as always, my friend!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 21/02/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#23 Posted : 25 February 2023 19:06:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Sorry that it has taken over two weeks to get around to commenting. Had a bunch of stuff going on and wanted to take time to properly read through this project. Sad that the forum is experiencing a major lull right now as many are missing out on such a great RP. Regardless of what you may think as per your OOC post at the end of the thread, this does NOT seem rushed at all. It feels like such a great payoff for a highly anticipated album with a big campaign. With the successful singles, quality of prior releases and then with the lengthy tracklist reveal, I already knew this would be an epic drop!

This feels like a PROPER album. One I'd definitely seek out and one that reminds me of the type of albums that made me fall in love with music in the first place. The decent track lengths, the features that make sense, the cohesion of the sound alikes - it all just clicks. It's totally Kara and an album that's been fine-tuned and well-crafted to be the best it can be and covey stories the way you intended. Even little things like the backstory of how "Hit Me Up" only makes sense on the album due to the sequencing adds an extra bit of depth and flavour. Take away the meticulous stitching together of the project and we're still left with songs with so much heart and wonderful lyricism. It would've been a great project either way but the way you crafted it just takes it to a whole other level.

Thanks so much for pushing through and dropping such an incredible project while the forum's unfortunately experiencing some downtime. I hope that more people come online soon and appreciate what you've shared with us. Was looking forward to this album for the longest time (as you've probably noticed via Billy's constant praise haha) and it certainly did not disappoint. Glorious work as always, my friend!

OOC: No worries, I put the album out at a time when things were super quiet so I don't imagine a lot of people will see it, but it's one that I just kept pushing further back and back and I figured I just needed to get it finished and released so I could start to move onto other stuff. I appreciate the kind comments, but more specifically the fact that you seem to have really delved deep into the album. I wanted to make something that felt like it could be a modern day mainstream album, so I'm glad that you viewed it in that way. (Anyone that knows me even a little, knows that this is as far away from my own personal tastes as possible. But it was interesting to do my research and delve into this world).

You seem to have picked up on the tiny little things that I assume nobody really notices, but I wanted to really give a lot of thought to the structure of the album and the intricacies and little details to make it as close to the real thing as possible. Glad that you're able to appreciate the nerdy little stuff in the album too as opposed to just the lyrics which have often been my main focus. But once again thank you for taking the time to read the thing, it's not always guaranteed that anybody is going to read what you've worked on, so it is always super appreciated.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 25/02/2023(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#24 Posted : 25 February 2023 19:07:54(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Crescendo: We honestly love your album and we been jamming in our car and maté we can’t stop listening to your music!

Murda Bling: That album is dope like for real like I can’t even describe man I mean this shit is dope!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 25/02/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#25 Posted : 11 March 2023 19:08:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Crescendo: We honestly love your album and we been jamming in our car and maté we can’t stop listening to your music!

Murda Bling: That album is dope like for real like I can’t even describe man I mean this shit is dope!

Kara: Thanks so much girls, I appreciate the love!

Kara: Thanks man, I appreciate the love! We gotta work together soon, that shit would kill!
2001clay on 11/03/2023(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#26 Posted : 17 July 2023 15:05:16(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC: Took me a while but I finally finished reading through this album. I know we spoke a little in the PMs so I wanted to really make sure I took my time reading everything you wrote here cus I know you put so much work into bringing this project together. You put so much detail and so much thought into the story Kara is telling on this record and I really love it from start to finish. Her character comes across as such a laidback down to earth cool ass girl and its like on this album you peel the layers back and really show Kara for who was and who she's becoming. There's nothing in this world I love more than character development and you went all in here. It's not easy to write and describe 20+ songs and you've done such a great job. Even down to the descriptions, I'm definitely guilty of half-assing my descriptions on album tracks but you really took the time to give us every little detail and I'm so amazed by that because I KNOW how hard that is baby after I write 1 paragraph i be wanting to scratch my eyes out LOL This entire roll out has been a huge success and its like Kara is at her peak right now and she's not coming down any time soon. I want to thank you so much for letting me be apart of this project with the verses from Lotus and Drew, this album is special to not just the forum but the small little hip hop community we have on here as well. No one will understand how hard it is to put together a hip hop album for a character until they attempt it themselves and mann it's not for the weak! You've been doing it so effortlessly and consistently these last few years not just this one with Kara but also your Orion projects as well and it helps make it fun for the rest of us with rapper characters and it inspires us to get up off our asses and drop some raps too like you have no idea that just by doing what you do you light a fire in all of us. I'm gonna say the rest in character bc I want it to come from Lotus but just know you hard work has not gone unnoticed!

Lotus: Kara...KARA! SISTERRRRR! I mean, what do I even say where do I even start??? This is an amazing project mamas and I'm so proud of you for getting it out! The wait was absolutely worth it, and you deserve all the success. You have literally carved your own lane in the game with not just your rap prowess but your amazing sense of melody. You been making non stop HITS without compromising the quality or substance. My personal favorites are Medicate Me, Post-Traumatic, Dynamite and Grow Up. They just do it for me, but there honestly isn't a bad song on this record. Congratulations on this amazing release and thank you for hitting up my phone and asking me to hop on a track. The amount of fun we had in the studio chileee I'll hop on a million more! Love you sis and thanks for keeping this rap shit alive for the real ones.
thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 17/07/2023(UTC), Cerys Nyland on 17/07/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#27 Posted : 19 July 2023 16:32:52(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Took me a while but I finally finished reading through this album. I know we spoke a little in the PMs so I wanted to really make sure I took my time reading everything you wrote here cus I know you put so much work into bringing this project together. You put so much detail and so much thought into the story Kara is telling on this record and I really love it from start to finish. Her character comes across as such a laidback down to earth cool ass girl and its like on this album you peel the layers back and really show Kara for who was and who she's becoming. There's nothing in this world I love more than character development and you went all in here. It's not easy to write and describe 20+ songs and you've done such a great job. Even down to the descriptions, I'm definitely guilty of half-assing my descriptions on album tracks but you really took the time to give us every little detail and I'm so amazed by that because I KNOW how hard that is baby after I write 1 paragraph i be wanting to scratch my eyes out LOL This entire roll out has been a huge success and its like Kara is at her peak right now and she's not coming down any time soon. I want to thank you so much for letting me be apart of this project with the verses from Lotus and Drew, this album is special to not just the forum but the small little hip hop community we have on here as well. No one will understand how hard it is to put together a hip hop album for a character until they attempt it themselves and mann it's not for the weak! You've been doing it so effortlessly and consistently these last few years not just this one with Kara but also your Orion projects as well and it helps make it fun for the rest of us with rapper characters and it inspires us to get up off our asses and drop some raps too like you have no idea that just by doing what you do you light a fire in all of us. I'm gonna say the rest in character bc I want it to come from Lotus but just know you hard work has not gone unnoticed!

Lotus: Kara...KARA! SISTERRRRR! I mean, what do I even say where do I even start??? This is an amazing project mamas and I'm so proud of you for getting it out! The wait was absolutely worth it, and you deserve all the success. You have literally carved your own lane in the game with not just your rap prowess but your amazing sense of melody. You been making non stop HITS without compromising the quality or substance. My personal favorites are Medicate Me, Post-Traumatic, Dynamite and Grow Up. They just do it for me, but there honestly isn't a bad song on this record. Congratulations on this amazing release and thank you for hitting up my phone and asking me to hop on a track. The amount of fun we had in the studio chileee I'll hop on a million more! Love you sis and thanks for keeping this rap shit alive for the real ones.

Kara: I appreciate the love, so fucking much! After all of the late night hangs, deep conversations in the dead of night, you knew how important it was for me to get this record right. I want everything before this record to be swept away and consider this my true debut. Took me a while to find my lane but we got there in the end and I finally feel like I know what I'm doing and where I'm going. I'm so glad that you were willing to join me in the studio and jump on a track for the record, wouldn't have wanted anybody else to take your part. I feel like we have a lot of shit that we can say together, so I'm sure there'll be a million more! I love and appreciate you, let's eat em all up!!

OOC: Thank you for taking the time to read through, I always expect people to just skim through my posts at best. It's always rewarding when people pick up on the little details that I try to put into the things that I write. The fact that this album is like the journey that Kara's been on since I debuted her, the struggles with figuring out who she is and trying to get to a happy place to eventually feeling completely liberated and free of burden to the point where she is now. I appreciate that you picked up on that. It took a while to get everything together. I usually make a lot of progress early on and then stall for months and months and the only way for me to finish the whole thing was to just post the album intro and first few tracks and give myself the deadline to finish it within the week which worked for me.

It was a joy to have you write stuff for Lotus and Drew on the album because I'm always so excited to see what people come up with and it was incredible stuff. It's characters like those that make it fun delving into this side of the industry with Kara and the Orion stuff. I've always said, I took a huge risk in trying to create characters in the rap and hip-hop genres because it's so far from my own comfort zone, it was never music that I was drawn to, so I've had to truly learn. The worry is always there for me that my lyrics come across as parody, so the kind comments are always appreciated! Thanks again for even glancing at it :)
kandii on 20/07/2023(UTC)