logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Welat65  
#1 Posted : 03 January 2016 08:54:42(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: Human
Release Date: 02. January 2016
Label: Songs To Love And Die By
Genre: Alternative, Indie Pop
Length: 4:16
Writer: Barbie Doll
Producer(s): Barbie Doll, David Kosten

"Human" is the lead single of an upcoming Album by American Artist 'Barbie Doll', and was written by Barbie Doll also known as Stephanie Red and produced by Barbie Doll and David Kosten. David Kosten is known for working with popular Indie Artists. Lyrically, "Human" is about heavy subjects such as rape, racism, bombings etc. It's basically about Humans and their cruel doings. At the end of the song, she questions if our behaviour is something we learn or are born with. If humans are killing for themselfs or if they are killing eachother. She states that Humans are selfish, and don't think about the consequences.

"Human" is Barbie Doll's third overall single and the follow up to hit 2 singles which represented her #1 EP. "Human" was actually announced 7 months ago but duo to Album issues, the release of the single got delayed. "Human" was written after getting signed by "Songs To Love And Die By" and right after several headlines in the News. The song is heavily inspired by actual news and doings. It's a mid-tempo Alternative song with Synth and Electro influences. Barbie Doll stated ; "Human is the first single and the first song I wrote for my album. It's definitly my favorite song on the album and probably the most 'important' song I've written in my career. I don't know if this will be successful or have any radio play but It's something I needed to write about and I feel like It's the right song to represent my album. When I saw the news on TV about the bombings, rape news, islamphobia or racism towards people of color..I felt disgusted with Humans. The world is a cruel place, or to be exact it's a beautiful place with cruel beings in it."

To promote the song, Barbie Doll performed on the hit Talk Show "Real Talk" and received critical praise for the lyrics and her vocals. To promote her album, she also performed a different song on CTSTYLE and spoke about the album. In the interview she also mentions "Human". At New Year's Eve she also tweeted on Twitter that a new single will be released early January. 1 Hour before the release of "Human" she tweeted again and simply wrote '1 Hour'.

Murder kills Lifes
So does Wars
Surviving in a cruel world
Rich against poor
at the end of the day
We're human species
It's deep in our DNA

One Man can build a bomb
Another one runs a race
to save somebody's life
It just blows my mind
I'm not alone, Not the only one
Who can't understand
I'm not scared of God
I'm scared of Human
Is It in our blood
Is it in our brain
Is it in our genes
Is it in our DNA
Humans aren't pretty at all
as we think, as we speak
Human kills, Human kills

Undernath it all, we're just selfish
hidden behind clothes, ties and marriages
How could we expect good at all?
we're just animals who can't live together

We live, We die
We murder, We kill, we lie
worse than animals
but with no face
We laugh, We cry
all in the same time
One sided laugh, one sided cry
The same world
Same Day, same tale of rape
another bomb is ticking deep down and detonate
I'm not alone, Not the only one
Who can't understand
I'm not scared of god
I'm scared of Human
Watch it on the news
Watch it on the TV
watch it on your phone
It's a cruel world
Humans are cruel, cruel , cruel
Yeah, we can be bad , really bad

How could we expect good at tall?

It's the truth, we make our own graves
we're worse than animals, killing our own species
All the hate coming from the same generation
Who got everything nothing guided by temptation
were we born to abuse, shoot a gun to run
or are we undone?
is it human trait or a learned behaviour?
Are we killing for ourselfs or are we killing us?

How could we expect good at all?

How could we expect good at tall?

Edited by user 03 January 2016 09:00:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 12 users thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/01/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 03/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/01/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/01/2016(UTC), erich hess on 03/01/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/01/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/01/2016(UTC), DistortedAudio on 05/01/2016(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 07/01/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 16/01/2016(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 03 January 2016 14:44:08(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: This slays, and I lowkey agree with you about this being your best RP on here so far. Then again, I think Barbie Doll is your best character, in my opinion. I really enjoyed the lyrics, they were poetic in a way and the subject matter, every so often there's songs on here written about serious subjects and sometimes happens to relate to what's going on in the real world and I always love them a little more than the others. Very, very good work here :)

Hayden: This song is so beautiful yet heartbreaking to listen to. There's so much going on in the world and I feel like you just captured it all in 4 minutes and sixteen seconds, wow. I agree with everything, we truly are the most dangerous species on earth. I'm honestly blown away by the honesty of these lyrics, I can't give you enough praise. Truth be told, I'm disgusted with humans daily but at least one of us made something great out of it.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Welat65 on 04/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 05 January 2016 06:00:18(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alec: I have to say that you are one of the most truly gifted artists in this industry at the moment and to be able to write something like this? Incredible it the lyrics are amazing something a lot of people definitely need to hear they're just so true and as I said you're just an amazingly gifted artist and writer I really hope people get behind this song and really listen to it because it definitely needs to be heard great job!
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Welat65 on 05/01/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 05 January 2016 06:07:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
Jayne: so this is Barbie was stayed locked in her room on big brother. She was working on good stuff for everyone.thought it was because she hated everyone.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 05 January 2016 06:07:30(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Chris: I remember this from the show the cover at least so us being good sports we went and listened to it.

Sarah: yes and will are happy to report that the crazy creative geniuses just got another member

Jake: For you guys keeping score that Vanity,

Chris: Allison

Sarah: And now Barbie Doll,

~Confetti thrown

Chris: Just because we now see your brand of unique creative mojo don't let it go to your head, we don't need any Kanyes running around.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#6 Posted : 06 January 2016 05:08:25(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This slays, and I lowkey agree with you about this being your best RP on here so far. Then again, I think Barbie Doll is your best character, in my opinion. I really enjoyed the lyrics, they were poetic in a way and the subject matter, every so often there's songs on here written about serious subjects and sometimes happens to relate to what's going on in the real world and I always love them a little more than the others. Very, very good work here :)

Hayden: This song is so beautiful yet heartbreaking to listen to. There's so much going on in the world and I feel like you just captured it all in 4 minutes and sixteen seconds, wow. I agree with everything, we truly are the most dangerous species on earth. I'm honestly blown away by the honesty of these lyrics, I can't give you enough praise. Truth be told, I'm disgusted with humans daily but at least one of us made something great out of it.

OOC: Thank you so much. Barbie Doll is probably my favourite character of mine too. It just feels easier to writer for her. And thanks again for taking some of your time to write this! And so long too omg.

BarbieDoll: I'm really glad that you enjoyed this song and thanks for your lovely words. Humans really are cruel, aren't they?

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alec: I have to say that you are one of the most truly gifted artists in this industry at the moment and to be able to write something like this? Incredible it the lyrics are amazing something a lot of people definitely need to hear they're just so true and as I said you're just an amazingly gifted artist and writer I really hope people get behind this song and really listen to it because it definitely needs to be heard great job!

BarbieDoll: I'm not that good but Thank you! I'm just being real with myself and put them into songs. But, It's nice to hear these words from you since I'm a big fan of yours. Thank you so much

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Jayne: so this is Barbie was stayed locked in her room on big brother. She was working on good stuff for everyone.thought it was because she hated everyone.

BarbieDoll: Hahaha! I enjoyed my room, that's all. I'm glad you liked this song!

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: I remember this from the show the cover at least so us being good sports we went and listened to it.

Sarah: yes and will are happy to report that the crazy creative geniuses just got another member

Jake: For you guys keeping score that Vanity,

Chris: Allison

Sarah: And now Barbie Doll,

~Confetti thrown

Chris: Just because we now see your brand of unique creative mojo don't let it go to your head, we don't need any Kanyes running around.

BarbieDoll: Haha thank you guys! I'm not as good as the other ladies but thanks again! And don't worry, I won't turn into Kanye!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 11 January 2016 15:14:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Billy: Humans are cruel bastards. I should know. I am human....or am I? I'm high as fuck, love. I couldn't give you a straight answer. What I can honestly say though, without a shadow of a doubt, is that this song is brilliant. I genuinely fear for the human race at times and yes, people can actually shock someone like myself. The past year has been filled with God awful tragedies, morons, anger, hatred, even more morons. Humans really aren't pretty at all.

OOC: I can tell that you were really feeling and connecting with these lyrics as you were writing them. Looking back on other comments you and others have made about this being your best RP and that Barbie Doll is your best character, I can totally agree. She brings something different to the table and writing something other than pop and R&B hits can be a lot of fun as you can explore more with subject matters and lyricism. A lot more ground to cover so I can see why she is your favourite character. This is very well written and I love the entire concept of the song. We can relate to it OOC as well, bringing real life matters into RP. Makes it very realistic. Great work here :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Welat65 on 12/01/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 16 January 2016 20:44:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
Amy Meyer: This is an incredible track, so honest and a true representation of the world that we're living in right now! It's proven very difficult to have faith and belief even more so in the last couple of years and I think this song captures those concerns perfectly. I think you've really found your feet as an artist and I think there's an incredible present and future ahead for you. Incredible work!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 24/01/2016(UTC)