logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#21 Posted : 14 November 2020 06:21:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8575 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Track: #20
Title: “outro: lose it”
Genre(s): Adult Contemporary, Alternative Rock
Length: 0:47
Label: Studio60 Records / Half-Moon Productions
Writer(s): Amy Meyer

The twentieth track and final one from the album begins with a soft guitar strumming pattern before Amy almost immediately begins talking over the sound of the guitar, “It feels weird to be writing songs/When it used to be the most natural thing in the world to me/But I guess something went really wrong/And I struggled to hold on/Over the last two years/I’ve felt my grip on everything I know/Loosen for me.” Which out of all the songs on the album is probably the most personal and revealing in regards to Amy’s innermost thoughts. The acknowledgement that she had lost complete direction from the path that was once so familiar to her. The music continues softly in the background as she continues to narrate over it, “Can you ever really lose it?/Because I think I did/Can you ever really lose it?/Because I think I did.” Which she repeats once more and delivers and exhale of breath before the music stops abruptly and the album comes to a sudden end.

“interlude: lose it”

“It feels weird to be writing songs
When it used to be the most natural thing in the world to me
But I guess something went really wrong
And I struggled to hold on
Over the last two years
I’ve felt my grip on everything I know
Loosen for me

Can you ever really lose it?
Because I think I did
Because I think I did

Because I think I did
Because I think I did”

Sound Alike;

Flowers Taped To Pens – “North Migration”

thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 14/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 15/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 15/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#22 Posted : 14 November 2020 21:12:03(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: AMY! It's so good to see you back around, sweetie. I missed hearing your lovely voice again. Ugh, this album has been so needed... I almost wish it dropped January 1, 2020 so that I would have had something to comfort me during this pretty awful year. It's almost hard to pick favourites when your lyrics really cut so deep, "Mirror" is such a gem, so many people are gonna be able to apply "Fading" to their own situations cause girl... that one hits. "Isolation" is a 2020 anthem, and for such a dark subject, like with so many songs on the record, you made them sound so insanely beautiful, like there's a poetic side to the struggle. You're an inspiration. ❤

OOC: What she said - Amy has always been a favourite of mine and it's so good to finally get her sophomore album! You did an amazing job posting this all so quickly, took me by surprise haha. You should be super proud of this project, so well written with many fantastic soundalikes. Applause
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#23 Posted : 15 November 2020 04:06:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: I decided to comment before I forget or anything but HOLY SHIT! Sorry but lmao excuse my language but this is freaking incredible! Like....this is not an easy thing to do; 20 tracks at that! I'm still reading; and will edit my post if necessary to add anything once I'm done but I have to say you definitely outdid yourself here :) I love Amy so much! Her face claim as well!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/11/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#24 Posted : 19 November 2020 01:13:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 7598 post(s)
OOC: Pretty sure I covered my thoughts surrounding this record on her interview thread but fuck it, it deserves an abundance of praise. I've read through the songs like 3 or 4 times since its release, trying to find time to actually dissect the project and conjure up a suitable comment. At this rate though, I feel like I'm just constantly blowing smoke up your arse haha. Your impeccable song writing skills aside (with your wonderful vocabulary and ability to create such create stories in one simple song), I am even more in love with just how "Amy" this is. It feels like the album she HAD and NEEDED to put out. This is the character you have created and built put into music form. These songs are like tapping into her soul and just adds even more layers to an already well established character. This album concisely sums up a very important part of her life while simultaneously pushing her into different territory as an artist. Absolutely stunning job.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 19/11/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#25 Posted : 19 November 2020 02:03:00(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3545 time(s) in 1269 post(s)
Jessica Hernandez: Oh Amy I didn’t know you got it like that & it just gave me goosebumps

OCC: Love the way you did to Amy Meyer
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 19/11/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#26 Posted : 21 November 2020 06:12:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: AMY! It's so good to see you back around, sweetie. I missed hearing your lovely voice again. Ugh, this album has been so needed... I almost wish it dropped January 1, 2020 so that I would have had something to comfort me during this pretty awful year. It's almost hard to pick favourites when your lyrics really cut so deep, "Mirror" is such a gem, so many people are gonna be able to apply "Fading" to their own situations cause girl... that one hits. "Isolation" is a 2020 anthem, and for such a dark subject, like with so many songs on the record, you made them sound so insanely beautiful, like there's a poetic side to the struggle. You're an inspiration. ❤

OOC: What she said - Amy has always been a favourite of mine and it's so good to finally get her sophomore album! You did an amazing job posting this all so quickly, took me by surprise haha. You should be super proud of this project, so well written with many fantastic soundalikes. Applause

Amy: Nadia, I could say the exact same about you, you've definitely been missed. It does fit in with the tone of 2020, I can't deny that. But if anything, this year has just highlighted a lot of the themes on the album. I think time away helps reinvigorate, I guess the time away built these songs up inside of me and they remained hidden for a good while, to the point where I thought I may have no songs or even reason to write anymore. You can feel a little stale and repetitive in what you're doing. But I'm so grateful for this bunch of songs, maybe not the situations that inspired them. But it's hopefully all building towards something better.

OOC: Thanks, I had no intention of bringing her back anytime soon. But I wrote one song that sort of fit her character and then they all came flooding out. I'll probably not be able to write anything half-decent for like a few years now hahah but for once I'm happy with how it came out and how it's been receiving. I also love the soundalikes. :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#27 Posted : 21 November 2020 06:16:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

OOC: I decided to comment before I forget or anything but HOLY SHIT! Sorry but lmao excuse my language but this is freaking incredible! Like....this is not an easy thing to do; 20 tracks at that! I'm still reading; and will edit my post if necessary to add anything once I'm done but I have to say you definitely outdid yourself here :) I love Amy so much! Her face claim as well!

OOC: No worries! I'm about as guilty at that as anyone, I'll read something and plan to comment a little later and forget. Thank you, it all came together super quickly hence no warning or prior promo but it was a joy more than chore. I did want to push for 24 tracks, but felt like it would have definitely been overkill. Thank you, Amy has always been a favourite of mine too! Appreciate the comment! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#28 Posted : 21 November 2020 06:25:39(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Pretty sure I covered my thoughts surrounding this record on her interview thread but fuck it, it deserves an abundance of praise. I've read through the songs like 3 or 4 times since its release, trying to find time to actually dissect the project and conjure up a suitable comment. At this rate though, I feel like I'm just constantly blowing smoke up your arse haha. Your impeccable song writing skills aside (with your wonderful vocabulary and ability to create such create stories in one simple song), I am even more in love with just how "Amy" this is. It feels like the album she HAD and NEEDED to put out. This is the character you have created and built put into music form. These songs are like tapping into her soul and just adds even more layers to an already well established character. This album concisely sums up a very important part of her life while simultaneously pushing her into different territory as an artist. Absolutely stunning job.

OOC: Nah, I know I went overboard with everything at once but this is literally all that I have planned for the album. I'll have her tour next year and write a performance rp at some point but just wanted to put everything out at once and I know it's probably too much to have to read at once but definitely appreciate you taking time to read any of it. It's a weird one for me because I guess I never really knew what her solo stuff would be like until now, but I like that you consider this the character in one album, that's even way more than I'd have hoped and expected from it. I appreciate the comments and the fact that you've taken the time to read it. Thanks again! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 21/11/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#29 Posted : 21 November 2020 06:26:44(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Jessica Hernandez: Oh Amy I didn’t know you got it like that & it just gave me goosebumps

OCC: Love the way you did to Amy Meyer

Amy: Thanks Jessica, glad that you enjoyed the album!

OOC: Thank you! :)
Offline PANIC!  
#30 Posted : 19 February 2021 04:11:41(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
RRH: Amy motherfuckin' Meyer! I probably met you a decade or so ago and your voice and songwriting craft blew me away then and somehow have only gotten better as time has gone on. Shit. This album is a ride and I'm buckled in to enjoy it for years to come! This is a timeless record. You made THE record to fit these strange times we're all living in. I truly think this is your best work as an artist across the board. You know I will always love you and praise you as the great (now blonde) hope in music.

OOC: Super late to the party here but just had to say this is fantastic! I truly love how you structured this album out and it is so strong in every sense of the word, the descriptions, the lyrics. I've always enjoyed everything you've done with Riot! and how you've built Amy as such a uniquely interesting character. This is spot on.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/02/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#31 Posted : 20 February 2021 01:04:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
RRH: Amy motherfuckin' Meyer! I probably met you a decade or so ago and your voice and songwriting craft blew me away then and somehow have only gotten better as time has gone on. Shit. This album is a ride and I'm buckled in to enjoy it for years to come! This is a timeless record. You made THE record to fit these strange times we're all living in. I truly think this is your best work as an artist across the board. You know I will always love you and praise you as the great (now blonde) hope in music.

OOC: Super late to the party here but just had to say this is fantastic! I truly love how you structured this album out and it is so strong in every sense of the word, the descriptions, the lyrics. I've always enjoyed everything you've done with Riot! and how you've built Amy as such a uniquely interesting character. This is spot on.

Amy: Ryan Ross Hernandez! In an industry where you're always bumping into familiar faces (pre-covid obvz) yours is one that is more elusive than others. What's the deal with that? In all honesty, I've came to understand the importance of having that space away from the center of everything in this fame culture and respect you all the more for it. We first met a whole long time ago, I was a kid, 17 years old, fuck. Your support has always been there though and I thank you for that. I truly appreciate the kind words on this record, I've always put my heart into what I do but this felt like something even more than that. To know that the record is thought of in such a way truly humbles me and puts me at a loss for words. Thank you doesn't seem like enough, but thank you!

PS. remember that self-titled Riot! debut album you produced? It's ten years old in July, that seems like reason enough to revisit and celebrate, right? 👀

OOC: Thanks man, I appreciate that! It was completely out of the blue but once I had written a couple of songs it seemed like an obvious route to go with her. I'm sure you know how tempting it is to keep going to that well in terms of the band thing but I really fell in love with the idea of her stepping away from that and going with a more raw and personal style.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
PANIC! on 20/02/2021(UTC)