logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline infinite135  
#21 Posted : 12 July 2010 07:24:16(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:
Stacey: I fucking love Infinite, you guys are amazing, I'm gonna be at the Lyceum Ballroom tonight.

It's always awesome to hear praise from fellow musicians, thank you so much for noticing us! Feel free to head on backstage after the concert, we'd love to have you there!
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#22 Posted : 12 July 2010 07:34:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8577 time(s) in 2690 post(s)
infinite135 wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
Stacey: I fucking love Infinite, you guys are amazing, I'm gonna be at the Lyceum Ballroom tonight.

It's always awesome to hear praise from fellow musicians, thank you so much for noticing us! Feel free to head on backstage after the concert, we'd love to have you there!
-Eric Quillington

Stacey: Will do.
Offline infinite135  
#23 Posted : 19 July 2010 13:35:52(UTC)
infinite135

Man

UserPostedImage

Supernova- This song is very personal and important to Eric Quillington; so important, that he named Infinite's website after it. Written years ago, before the band even appeared to be on the road to success, the quality of this song and Styx were the two things that convinced him that the band had a chance to make it. Because of that, this song showcases Eric's state of mind at the time; extremely confused, and unsure whether or not optimism is better than pessimism, or vice versa. Despite the contrast between the song's relatively straightforward pop-ish sound, and Infinite's later and more sophisticated songs, the lyrics are Eric Quillington at his best, and the ending guitar solo is widely regarded as one of the band's best moments.

Verse.Chorus.Verse- A simple instrumental song that's meant to be a prologe to Collision, the song is a guitar version of the melody that runs through Collision's first few verses. In Quillington's words, "This song kind of symbolizes the car crash, while Collision deals with the after affects of what happens. Both songs are meant to be listened to simultaneously, in order to get the full effect."

Collision- An extremely long song (8:23 in length), it almost seems like the band put too much work into this song to be released as a single. In truth, it was supposed to be included on the Blue Nebula album, but it's themes and tone didn't fit anywhere on the album. This song is Quillington's first major attempt at telling a story with his writing, and completely abandons the traditional choruses, instead consisting of several verses. Collision tells the story of a man who's parents are killed in a car crash. The only way for him to deal with the tragedy is by obsessing over his job, and neglecting everything else that was once important. As a result, he loses the only family he had left, and begins to lose his mind. The song progressively gets increasingly dark and twisted, as the man comes to terms with his loosening grip on sanity.

All songs written by Eric Quillington
Artwork by Amanda Spack

Eric Quillington (Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano)
Matt Roberts (Bassist)
Greg Oldson (Drummer, Percussionist, Backup Vocalist)
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#24 Posted : 25 July 2010 10:23:43(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear all,

It's just been announced that we're going to be a part of this year's Warped! Tour, which we're incredibly excited for! I'm still working on some songs for our second album.. but I wouldn't be holding your breath for it. We still have some touring obligations to fullfil, and I want to make sure the album is every bit as good as Blue Nebula before we release it. It's hard to tell at this point, but our second album is probably going to be quite a bit different from our first. It's definetely not going to be Blue Nebula Pt. II. I already have a few titles for it; Dramamine, Midnight Skies... but, I'm not sure at the moment. The album isn't going to be released for several months, so it's still all undecided.

Aside from just teasing you poor fans about Infinite's second album, we've decided to give you guys a bit of a treat. In order to kind of celebrate our final date of our European tour (which'll be tonight) as well as the Infinite: Then And Now EP being released in several days, we're posting a video of us playing at the battle of the bands competition we won about four years ago. The whole thing was kind of lame to begin with, but it gave us hope in the future. Without that hope, Infinite wouldn't be here today. That was also the first time we played original songs, even though all of them sucked at this point. It's the most important day of my life, so I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

(Oh, and it was a bitch to find this, so don't complain about the poor quality.)

________________________________________________________________________________________
Infinite: Battle of the Bands, 2006

"Hi," Eric Quillington (17 years old at this point) said uncertainly to the crowd as Greg Oldson and Matt Roberts assembled their gear, "I know you're all hoping the greatest band in the world will be playing here tonight, but you're going to have to wait a little bit longer." The way Eric had said that, the crowd wasn't sure he was trying to be funny or not, and several hesitant bouts of laughter ensured. After another moment of awkward silence as the band silently tuned their instruments, Eric told the crowd, "In the meantime, you can listen to us! We're Infinite, and this is Idioteque." At this point in time, Infinite played only covers at shows, and usually opened with a cover of Radiohead's song Idioteque. Since most people in the small crowd were familiar with Radiohead, they all cheered approvingly as the familiar drum opening started. Eric sang that song as comfortably as if it were one of his own, due to the fact that Infinite had been playing that song at most of their shows. Anybody who also knew him from the crowd were shocked by his falsetto voice, since he usually never sang in front of anybody, and only played guitar back when he was part of Alpharian.

The crowd cheered at the end of the song, prompting Eric to say,"Alright, ladies and gents, we've never played this song live before. We've never played any of our own songs live before, the kind of suck. But, hell, this whole battle of the bands has fucking sucked so far." (This comment was the reason those who organized this occasion were pissed over Infinite winning) "So, these songs should fit beautifully." The next song was piano-driven, as were most of Infinite's early songs, and were an early example of what the band would eventually evolve into. Shades of Grey was a very soft and quiet song who's lyrics were about not knowing who your friends were. Although slightly primitave compared to the lyrics Eric would eventually write. The following song, Silver Eye, was very much the same, but had an almost folksy sound to it. The band that Infinite evolved from (Octopus Arson Club) was a self-depreciating folk band, so it was obvious that this song was written during that period. As the song ended, the crowd wasn't exactly sure if the band was being serious or not, until Eric finally grabbed his guitar and played the riff from Muse's Interlude, which caused huge amounts of applause because of the more metallic sound.

"It's been awesome playing in front of you guys this evening," Eric said, looking and sounding noticeably happier than at the beginning, "Anyways, this is our final song for the evening, we don't want to hog up the stage for the entire night. This last song is by the greatest thing that ever emerged from this town." With Eric finally playing guitar, Plug In Baby gained the biggest amounts of cheers from the audience. As the band played through, there was an incredible feeling of liveliness and excitement in the air; Matt, usually reserved and bored-looking, emerged from his shell and began to head-bang and move around the stage. But, as always, Eric was the one who stole the show. With a performance that would indicate the man he would become, Eric literally didn't seem able to keep still. His barely contained level of energy carried over to the audience, who were humming along to the guitar riff and singing louder than Eric during the final verse. As the song ended, Infinite trasitioned into a final improvisional instrumental, leaving everybody in the crowd wondering why Eric didn't play the guitar for all of the songs. When it was all over, Matt was crowd surfing, and Eric was destroying his guitar in a fit of pure euphoria, leaving Greg the only one able to talk to the crowd.

"You guys take care of yourselves, and come check out our shows sometime. Well... once Quillington can pay for a new guitar."

________________________________________________________________________________________
First Printed Infinite Interview (taken several hours after the battle of the bands competition)

Interviewer: Obvious question, but; how does it feel to be the winners of the battle of the bands?
Matt Roberts: Absolutely horrible
Eric Quillington: *laughs* Oh, it... honestly, I don't know what to think. I mean, I was completely sure we were going to be the worst. There were people up there who'd been playing for years, and we've only been together for a couple of months. It just.. it just completely blows my mind.
Greg Oldson: Eric, you're speaking too quickly for the poor guy to write down what you're saying.

Interviewer: I think I got all that he said. Anyways, next question; how would you define your sound?
Matt: Well, you tell us. You heard it, didn't you?
Greg: I'd say that our sound is a mix between indie and electronic. We wanted to be-
Eric: We wanted to be kinda unique, you know? I mean, there are so many bands like slipknot and metallica who... like, play the same kind of arena rock guitar over and over again. We just decided to be a bit different then everyone else. And, I dunno, I guess different can be a good thing.

Interviewer: Judging by the reception of the crowd-
Matt: The ten people that actually were there...

Interviewer: Well, yes, judging by the reception of the crowd, I'm sure different is a good thing. Are there any bands that influenced you into this new music you're making?
Matt: Yes.
*awkward pause*
Eric: Well, each of us have radically different tastes in music, and... I guess that created our unique sound, I'd say. I'm more influenced by alternative bands like Muse, Radiohead, and Depeche Mode. Greg's more into indie bands like Modest Mouse and Bloc Party. And, Matt's interested in..
Matt: Stuff
Eric: *completely unfazed by sarcasm* Yeah, stuff. So, I guess those different tastes are important in our music.
Greg: We haven't really written much, yet, in case you haven't noticed. Most of our stuff is-
Eric: Yeah, cover songs, but we try and add our own little unique twist on it, like an extra chorus, bass riff, drum fill, guitar solo, song in different key. Stuff like that. We have written a few songs, but... we're more or less to embarrassed of them to play them on stage. I'm sure we'll get better with time.

Interviewer: Do you want to become famous, or would you be content with being part of the underground scene?
Matt: If I have to be interviewed like this on a daily basis if I'm famous, then the underground scene is sounding pretty pleasant.
Eric: Oh, I'm really not sure... I mean, I've always wanted to be involved in a musical career, so this might be the perfect chance.

Edited by user 25 July 2010 10:26:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Synxhard  
#25 Posted : 25 July 2010 12:26:47(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Nice job, not much specifically that should be changed, i think at this point it's just about you honing your rp skills. Keep it up, man.
Offline infinite135  
#26 Posted : 25 July 2010 14:25:20(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Synxhard wrote:
OOC: Nice job, not much specifically that should be changed, i think at this point it's just about you honing your rp skills. Keep it up, man.

OOC: Thanks, man! I was kind of worried about it being too long, since I know most people like to read shorter stuff. Like you said, I'm basically just working on improving my writing, this particular RP isn't anything major.

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#27 Posted : 30 July 2010 14:04:44(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Quote:
With Infinite finished recording songs for the next couple of months, we decided now would be the best time to review nfinite's four singles released from this album. After some debate over whether or not to review Styx, we decided to stop being so fucking technical and review it anyways. We're not going to have a re-review of Blue Nebula, we still have the same opinion we from before.

Styx (Overall view): The underground act Infinite taking it's first tentative steps into a larger world. The other two songs pale in comparison to the majestic Styx, but they're still a good listen for the diehard fans. Most of the time, the songs before Blue Nebula are widely regarded as shit, even by fans and the band themselves. It's easy to say that Fog is the exception to this. With simple lyrics of fear (contrasting greatly with Styx's themes of death and regret), it's a pleasant song to listen too, mostly for Eric's soft singing throughout this song. With these three songs recorded when the band was 18 (it wouldn't actually be released for two years), it's probably the best thing fans will get to get to hearing how the band sounded when they were young. Aside from Then and Now, of course.

Styx- 10/10
Drifting- 4/10
Fog- 6/10

Black-Eyed Angels (Overall view): Probably the worst thing Infinite have ever done, without question. Black-Eyed Angels (a song with lyrics so convoluted you can't help but to laugh) is a typical Quillington song, and is easily a fan favorite. That's not the problem on this album; the other two are. Darkest Night and Unscathed are two songs probably taken from the band's early, self-depreciating days, and not the productive Blue Nebula sessions. The two songs seem half-baked, and I'm not even sure the single was sent off with the band's approval, as they've never mentioned it on their album or played the other two songs in live shows.

Black-Eyed Angels- 8/10
Darkest Night- 5/10
Unscathed- 5/10

Fusion Paranoia (Overall view): It's an overplayed radio-hit, and Infinite regard it as their own personal Creep, but you can't deny that Fusion Paranoia isn't a good song. Plus, it's got lyrics more advanced than the average pop song; pointless revolution leading to the end of world, not a bad concept. The two B-Sides are solid additions, too, with both of them pointing to what Infinite's sound might be in the future. All I Need is an almost trip-hop sounding song about a man's obsession with media, while Lucky is the song of a man's thoughts about being stuck in a coma. Both are incredibly dark, and yet show what a bright future this band has.

Fusion Paranoia- 9/10
All I Need- 9/10
Lucky (Live)- 8/10

Supernova (Overall view):
Yeah, yeah, Supernova is great, Infinite named it's website after it. But, the REAL gem of this single is the utterly amazing Collision. I can't figure out for the life of me why the three boys decided to put this as a crummy B-Side, but it doesn't matter. Collision (a song with it's own epic story about a car crash that drives a man insane), is probably this band's Bohemian Rhapsody, with it's constantly changing sound and long running length. It's so good that the band even needs to put an instrumental prolouge (Verse.Chorus.Verse) before it. It's a rare (almost impossible thing) to have a band make a single with a B-Side overshadowing the main song, but Infinite have never been a conventional band.

Supernova: 9.5/10
Verse.Chorus.Verse: 8/10
Collision: 10/10

Reprinted with Permission from New Music Express (NME)

OOC: Sorry if this seems bad, I was just getting slightly sick of writing about these songs. But, I wanted to write a bit of a good-bye to these songs before I introduced the new onces... I know how lame that might sound. Haha

Edited by user 30 July 2010 14:18:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#28 Posted : 09 August 2010 07:28:30(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

Had the shock of my life when I woke up this morning to find Supernova at number 3 on the Top 20. Thanks to everyone who voted, it means so much to us. Anyways, I didn't just feel like posting just to rant on like I was in the Academy awards, I have some announcements for any Infinite fan out there. First of all, it's been confirmed that we're to be touring with Reckoner on their Around the World tour. We're not completely sure at the moment which shows we're going to be a part of, since we'll be one of the bands for the Warped! Tour in September. I know for a fact that we'll be playing all of the UK and Ireland shows, but the rest is kind of in the air at the moment.

Now for the big news, people who have been waiting for our second album. Starting tomorrow, we'll be starting recording our follow-up to Blue Nebula.. It's about fucking time, I know. I'm expecting the recording process to be fairly brief; since we've already played these songs for a while now, we pretty much know what we're doing. I can't promise anything, but I'm hoping the recording will take about 3 weeks. We'll be working up until our tour with Reckoner, and then we'll probably go back to the studio around the 29th, when the UK and Ireland shows are over.

The album will be called Midnight Skies, which kind of references our first album in a way. From what the new songs are pointing to, it's not a completely different sound and style from Blue Nebula, but more of an evolution from it. When Infinite made that album, we were very uncertain of ourselves, and somewhat unsure about whether people would even like the album. This time around, we're more willing to push the boundaries and play the music we've always wanted to, without worrying as much about whether our album will be sold. Our first album had an over-riding theme to it, and we're pretty sure that the new one will, too. It's going to be about the difference between dreams and reality; the first half of the album (the dream) will be very abstract and have lyrics similar to Blue Nebula. The second half (reality), is the person waking up to a new day, so this part would be grounded in normalicy, and have lyrics about day-to-day problems. I'm rambling...

I'll be posting a track-listing and more about the album when we know for certain what's going on. Nothing's certain, so I can't promise anything yet about the album, it's all guesses. Stay tuned in the next week, because I have a very important announcement to make. (Sorry, I hate teasing you guys.)

We're opening for Reckoner at Wembley Stadium... I can't get over this...

As always,
Eric Quillington

EDIT: We're going to be going on a full-tour in a couple of months, which'll be the REAL Pillars of Creation, and not the couple of shows we performed a few months ago. We'd still like the bands and artists we had for those dates, (Stacey Walton, Infexxion), to tour with us for these upcoming shows. Also, Daniel will hopefully be able to tour with us for this, too. It's about 2 months away, so we still have time to figure it all out

Edited by user 13 August 2010 07:10:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Malory Evans  
#29 Posted : 09 August 2010 14:17:51(UTC)
Malory Evans

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Cover Art Comments: I must say, even though I do no understand why a horde of robots in repetitive up right form would have anything to do with a Supernova, it does look questionable and in return us listeners may want to see just what the song itself has in store. Nice cover work - 4/5

Song: Well this is a very pleasant but a sad song after listening to it, it seems to be telling a story and just with this song, I may go and purchase the album. This is the type of Alternative Music you could sit at home and listen to it, and think about life itself, this is definitely as good as it gets when its comes to telling a story.

Any Cons? Well the song is VERY long. I almost turned off the track since its damn their 9 minutes! I could tell a lot of work was put into the song, but it goes on way too long and it may become tiring for us listeners to listen for the full 8:23. Radio stations as well, they want their tuners to stay on the channel, so the song would be much better if it was short and sweet but not great but dragging

Alot of work was put into this song and I do recommend it to listeners who enjoy a contemporary sound mixed in with top of the art rock/alternative.

Aside from the dragginness of the song I give it a solid 3.5 out of 5! Good work.
UserPostedImage

Offline infinite135  
#30 Posted : 11 August 2010 12:45:52(UTC)
infinite135

Man

recording a little bit in the studio today. we figured we might as well use whatever time we have before touring and record, so we'll be in the studio up until we tour with reckoner. it really feels amazing to be making new material, you guys are going to love the new album.

i wanna give a little shout-out to malory evans, though. she gave a really honest review for supernova, she doesn't just bullshit her way through it. she's a talented reviewer, and hopefully we'll be hearing more reviews from her in the future.

anyways, we (mostly me) decided to take the piss and post some of the positive and negative stuff some of our fans have sent us over the years. enjoy!

-Greg Oldson

omg u guys rox!!!!! like, aside from neutron star collision, i think the song rain fits me perfectly. u guys really should have a song on the breaking dawn album, ur music fits the relationship between edward and bella perfectly
-twilight.fan.12

(This comment made me die a little on the inside. -Eric Quillington)

I really like Supernova and Fusion Paranoia, but the rest of your album is kinda shit. If you really want to be as involved in the music world as your singer always says he does, then you need to put more of an effort your second time around. If not, there's always plenty of room in the land of the one-hit wonders
-theFLY

Dear lord, words don't express just how grateful I am for bands like you. In an era where everyone just puts out pieces of shit when it comes to music, I'm glad to see people like Infinite still making an honest effort. Keep up the great work, lads.
-againstTHEflow456

Wow. Just wow. So overrated. Sixteen of my friends are fans of your facebook page, so I decided you were worth a look. I don't think I've ever been so wrong in my life. Eric Quilling-whatever-the-fuck, you need to stop trying to be Radiohead. Grow up, and let the British listen to good music. I need some better friends.
-KnightsWhoSayNee

At least Thom Yorke doesn't have to have some wierd last name to gain attention.
-SarcasticAsshole69

Am I the only Infinite fan who doesn't like them for just Fusion Paranoia? You guys have so much more going on than just that song, the ideas behind your songs are fucking brilliant. I am anxiously awaiting your next album, I think it's an obsession.
-GavinIsPWN

Edited by user 11 August 2010 12:54:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#31 Posted : 13 August 2010 07:25:52(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

Been working like a madman in the studio. I've almost gotten no sleep, and I'm pretty sure I've lost a couple pounds. It's been crazy; but it's a good kind of crazy, not the bad kind. I think we have the track-listing figured out, we just have to finish recording them all. We've been playing alot of these songs live for a while now, so recording them has been easier than I expected. I'm hoping that Midnight Skies will be ready to be released by September, because I cannot wait to hear what you guys have to think about it. So far, these songs are kicking the living hell out of Blue Nebula.

Off to some other announcements! The extremely talented MattY has asked me to appear on one of his songs for his debut album. It'll be called Shoot to Kill, and I'm very pleased with the way the song is turning out. I'll be posting more information closer to it's release date (the 31st), so stay tuned!

I've been wanting to announce this next thing for a while now, so I'm glad I'm finally able to. Daniel has agreed to do a collaboration single with me, and I'm loving the ideas behind the song. The main song is called Circles; it's about the thoughts of a man who's in hell, but actually enjoys it, because he's been there for so long. It's very dark, but very meaningful. I'm not sure when it'll be released... but, Daniel and I are going to be interviewing each other in the next couple of days, so that'll give some better ideas about the song.

Nothing else to say at the moment, nothing much happens in a studio besides writing songs. I'll post the tracklisting to the album below, and all you fans out there can expect a more in-depth analysis of the songs in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

Prelude to a Dream
Vortex
Problems With Pluto
Out of Focus
Falling from the Sky
The Infinity Delusion
Lucky
Stream of Consciousness
How To Disturb and Alienate Others
Magnum Opus
Strobe
Hyperactive
Regenerate
Another Sunset

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#32 Posted : 30 August 2010 04:55:15(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

It's been an amazing month, that's all I can say. The first half of Midnight Skies has been released, and everybody's loving it so far! The reaction has been stunning, I couldn't be happier with the results. The second half of the album is going to be released in about a week, we're just taking a slight break from all the promotion and whatnot. I just want to enjoy the rest of the tour with Reckoner so far, because that's also a mind-blowing experience.

Speaking of Reckoner, I've got some big news regarding our next single. The band has asked us to do a cover of the song Oxygen Thief, and I obviously said yes. It's a very creepy and menacing song, so it's very similar to what Infinite usually makes. I just hope we don't fuck it up. Our version of Reckoner's epic tune is going to be one of the B-Sides for the first single off of Midnight Skies; Problems with Pluto. The other B-Side is going to be a Greg Oldson song; Ciel. He was really sick about all the advertising going on, so he basically came up with a song about a commercial that's literally selling heaven. The lyrics are very twisted and mocking; I'm starting to feel like I'm a bad influence on the poor fellar....

Ciel, Liebe wird Frieden.
Ciel, Städte von Gold
Be a winner, come live forever

Ciel, it's all you'll ever need
Ciel, it's all waiting for you
If we are lying, there's a money-back guarantee

More information of the single will be available tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Cheers,
Eric Quillington

P.S: Thanks to everyone who's downloaded the songs on Midnight Skies so far! Every comment and word from you guys means so much to us!

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline troy211619  
#33 Posted : 30 August 2010 13:36:56(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
It is an honor to have a huge band like Infinite cover one of our songs. Don't be pressured in covering the song I'm sure it will turn out fine!
-JPC
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#34 Posted : 05 September 2010 02:52:23(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

I don't think words can describe what I'm feeling right now. Last night, Greg Oldson was in a car accident. I'm not giving out details about how it happened... because, really, that's nobody's business but his friends and family. But, the point is; as I type this out, he's lying in critical condition at a hospital. I'm right beside him, I'm just typing this out on a laptop, because you guys have a right to know about this before the media spins it out of control.

I know it's kind of cold-blooded to be discussing the future of the band at this point in time, but it has to be done. The doctor's don't exactly know what's going to happen with Greg, whether he's going to recover or not. Matt is incredibly disillusioned by this, he's on the verge of quitting the band. I'm going to talk to the boys at Reckoner and ask if I can just have a solo spot during the tour, in place of Infinite's. All things regarding the band are kind of on hold right now, and I don't know if we'll recover from this.

Anyways, that's about all I'm willing to say. I'll let you guys know more information as it becomes available. Keep Greg in your thoughts, guys, hopefully this isn't the end.

-Eric Quillington

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#35 Posted : 05 September 2010 02:55:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8577 time(s) in 2690 post(s)
Stacey: Oh man this is terrible news, I've met all of you guys from Infinite a lot in the past and Greg is such a great guy, hopefully he'll get well soon and be able to continue with Infinite. My thoughts are with you and your family, get well soon.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#36 Posted : 05 September 2010 03:04:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Daniel: Hope everything okay man. This is really taking a toll on me. I'll make sure to pay a visit.
Offline Matticus  
#37 Posted : 05 September 2010 03:04:41(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
MattY: Oh My God! Poor Guy :/ This cant be the end for you guys, your too good for this to be the end! x
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline infinite135  
#38 Posted : 05 September 2010 03:48:20(UTC)
infinite135

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
Stacey: Oh man this is terrible news, I've met all of you guys from Infinite a lot in the past and Greg is such a great guy, hopefully he'll get well soon and be able to continue with Infinite. My thoughts are with you and your family, get well soon.

We're hoping he'll be able to be back with Infinite, too. But, at this point, I'm not sure. I know it seems selfish for me to worry about the band's future when he's in this state, but I just can't help myself.... Thanks for thinking about us, though, every word means so much to us right now.
-Eric Quillington

Quote:
Daniel: Hope everything okay man. This is really taking a toll on me. I'll make sure to pay a visit.

That means alot, man, thanks so much! It's really nice to see fellow musicians being so caring during this time, it's giving me more respect for the music industry than I used to have.
-Eric Quillington

Quote:
MattY: Oh My God! Poor Guy :/ This cant be the end for you guys, your too good for this to be the end! x

I really don't want this to be the end, either. As Greg himself has pointed out to me before; Infinite's really the only thing I've got going on in my life. I dunno where I'd be or what I'd be doing without this band. Nobody would be able to replace Greg, either, so I'm worried that the band is over. I'm hoping against all hope that I'm wrong. We've only had two albums, it'd be terrible to end now....
-Eric Quillington

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#39 Posted : 05 September 2010 03:59:20(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: I hope this is a joke. If there is an way I can help you guys, I will try my upmost. Send my best from me and the rest of Mind.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#40 Posted : 05 September 2010 04:09:54(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason: I hope this is a joke. If there is an way I can help you guys, I will try my upmost. Send my best from me and the rest of Mind.

I wish it were a joke, mate. It's been a rough day so far, but people like you are helping to get Greg's friends and family through this. I might be having a small benefit concert (with two or three bands) for him, so I'd love for you to perform at it. If that's not asking too much.
-Eric Quillington

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King