logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<910111213>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laurelles1  
#201 Posted : 06 August 2012 06:29:20(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Well, I'm ready and willing to do some reviews. I would really appreciate it if someone could review the new Jason Smith album once it's done.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#202 Posted : 08 November 2012 05:33:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Would someone be up to review Aubrey Mikkel's "Victorious"? Not asking for anything long since I know that's time consuming :) If so I'd really appreciate it and I will return the favor by reviewing a project you did as well !

http://www.therockstarga...m-Thread.aspx#post263018

Let me know :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#203 Posted : 18 February 2013 01:17:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
If anyone would like to review Jen's album, that would be awesome :]

http://www.therockstarga...EJennifer-Armstrong.aspx
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline snap_itshannah  
#204 Posted : 01 April 2013 10:20:51(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
If anybody could find time to review DESTINEE&ADELE's debut album, that would be amazing. I really want to see if the direction I'm going with them is appealing to anybody but me. ;)

The link is in my signature.
Offline C4AJoh  
#205 Posted : 25 April 2013 00:37:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
It would be great if somebody could review the new single for Alex Simms if anybody's got time, I'd be happy to review something in return! :)

Here's the link if anybody's interested;

http://www.therockstarga...rever--Debut-Single.aspx
Offline Matticus  
#206 Posted : 25 April 2013 01:04:01(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
and could someone do Sammy's single Numb please??

http://www.therockstarga...ammy-Griffin---Numb.aspx
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#207 Posted : 28 April 2013 13:14:30(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

If anybody wants to be my absolute best friend (which you all do, right? ;) ) could somebody please review Vile Hour's newest song, Like Snakes? Love you bunches!

http://www.therockstarga...t-song--Like-Snakes.aspx
Offline mebeme101  
#208 Posted : 29 April 2013 01:36:59(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Yeah it's really short and all but I tried lol

Vile Hour - Like Snakes

UserPostedImage

Who are Vile Hour?

Almost everyone knows who Vile Hour is by now however if you don't here's a short introduction they're a punk cabaret band that consist of members Nichole Fischer and Castor Drake musically you should know them for having three amazing singles a number 1 album and being nominated for two Chaos Awards (Best Newcomer and Best Indie/Alternative) and if you don't know them for that Nichole also appeared on the third season of Celebrity Big Brother which was probably the biggest season to happen yet she had placed 3rd on it after a pretty god run it was clear she was one of the more popular contestants

The review

Anyway on to the song now so this song was written by Nichole Fischer she wrote this song back on Celebrity Big Brother after Erica got voted off and decided to release this as their fourth single the song is so full of emotion and has a very beautiful instrumental the lyrics are absolutely brilliant probably some of the best I've heard in awhile but that's to no surprise at all as pretty much all of the lyrics that come from this band are amazing the instruments all go together perfectly with each other and with Nichole's voice which is amazing she does a beautiful job on this song the song is so different from modern day music which mostly consist of pop or dance and that's great and all but it's refreshing to hear something else for a change and that is what probably makes me love it so much more it's original and beautiful and I really hope that Vile Hour keeps this originality going because I love it

Final thoughts

This is an amazingly beautiful song that is very original and different from todays music if you're open minded to different genres of music then I'd say give this song a listen because it's really great and the band are really talented and seem like very cool people

Rating

UserPostedImage

- Brandon Grey

Edited by user 29 April 2013 01:37:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 29/04/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 29/04/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/04/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/04/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 29/04/2013(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#209 Posted : 29 April 2013 02:00:55(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

OOC: Thank you so much, doll. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 29/04/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#210 Posted : 29 April 2013 02:06:41(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Nice work John, well done :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 29/04/2013(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#211 Posted : 01 May 2013 08:44:34(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
ooc: Sorry for posting so many but yeah if you want me to review something PM me and I'll try to :)

Sammy Griffin - Numb

UserPostedImage

Who is Sammy Griffin

Sammy Griffin began getting more popular in the music industry around 2011 he began playing larger gigs and scored a record deal with Studio60 Records which is known as one of the biggest labels in the business a little while later he released "Your Real Disguise which shot up to #2 on the Top 20 Digital Charts he then topped the Top 20 Airplay Charts when he featured on a single with singer/rapper Chloe the track was titled "24 Hours" after awhile he seemed to disappear from the music industry and public eye nobody seemed to know where he had went until recently he stated that he had had a family tragedy his older sister had recently died during childbirth so he took a break from everything and spent some time with his family he is now recently returning to the industry with his new single Numb

The review

Anyway onto the review now Numb is a slower song it has a beautiful sound to it that I love the lyrics as always are genius Sammy starts it out in this soft voice that goes with the instruments being played really well it stays rather slow for awhile through the verse which sounds nice but it's not until the chorus where everything seems to pick up and Sammy's voice just sounds really amazing the lyrics are also amazing as it speaks of him breaking somebody's heart and feeling like crap about it and he seems to be asking for another chance to make things right again but the way he said it was just amazing the lyrics and the sound seem to go perfectly together and even if you haven't been through something like this you could probably still feel the pain in what he's saying like you can put yourself in his position and sort of relate to it in a way if that makes sense I'm not sure I hope it does but yeah Sammy's lyrics are never short of amazing and this song is no exception and his voice it just amazing throughout the whole song he really blew me away here so great job on that Sammy

Final thoughs

The lyrics are amazing, his voice is amazing, the sound of the song is amazing this song is pretty much amazing I love it and I can't wait to see what Sammy does next definitely check this song out out

Rating

UserPostedImage

- Brandon Grey
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 01/05/2013(UTC), Matticus on 01/05/2013(UTC), Walton on 02/05/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 01/06/2013(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#212 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:11:52(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Hey, dears.

Would anybody like to give it a go at reviewing Vile Hour's Sympathies with Satan?

http://www.therockstarga...mpathies-with-Satan.aspx

Thank you in advance if you do! :)
Offline genocidal king  
#213 Posted : 31 May 2013 22:34:39(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Just knocked this up quickly on my lunch break. Apologies for any typos or inaccuracies.

Vile Hour - Sympathies with Satan - Review

UserPostedImage

Vile Hour - the band that just keeps on giving. It's hard to believe that it's been less than a year since cabaret-rock duo Castor Drake and Nichole Fischer first threw back the curtains and swanned into our consciousness in their finery as Vile Hour. The band have already released one hugely successful album in that time, as well as touring and finding time for a variety of TV performances that have seen them become firmly recognisable faces. And far from resting on their laurels, the pair have launched straight back into work on a follow up record - all while both enjoy their new marriages and Nichole endures all the technicalities of pregnancy.

If there's one thing anyone could say about Vile Hour, it's that they always know how to bring something to the party, and Sympathies with Satan is no exception. Their music is as diverse as it is exciting, and changes in style, tempo and composition are frequent. Their newest release toys with the alternative rock genre, with Nichole and Castor lending their skills to something which fans will appreciate as being vastly different, but still Vile Hour. Bouncy and theatrical as ever, the song also takes on an edgier and darker sound as it addresses thoughts that clearly comment on their career to date. Thematically, it's not the fans that this song is targeting though, and it's joy lies in its deliciously venomous tirade. The thinly-veiled play on words launched against detractors from the start to the end is perfectly placed. Too many artists decide to slam "haters" when they have yet to prove themselves, but Vile Hour have timed their attack quite wonderfully.

That Nichole first to rose to fame as a contestant on Celebrity Big Brother raised (tattooed) eyebrows about the credibility of this band from the get-go, but they have continuously knocked critics on their collective ass ever since. Debut album hitting number one? Check. A raft of top ten singles? Check. Successful tours around the world? In the bag. Have they earned the right to have a pop back? Of course they have, and they will no doubt take great pleasure in the unease this will cause among the mainstream media that has so often tried to shoot them down. Referring to detractors as "debt collectors", Nichole laments how certain sections of the music industry would gladly cut out her tongue to stop her singing what she wants, before mischievously quipping at how even without the ability to form a coherent sentence, she could still top the charts. She later also suggests that Jesus and Satan might like to enter a tryst....look out for the backlash on that one!

As strong and wondrously placed as the in-thine-face message of the track is, though, it's important not to forget the artistic quality of Sympathies with Satan. Drake and Fischer are something of a dynamic duo, and when the pair get together, you just know the resultant array of sounds will be fabulous. The long introduction complete with guitars and pianos is definitely more adventurous and inventive than anything Vile Hour have done before, while the general upbeat tone mixed with the almost ominous interludes provides a rollercoaster for the mind. While it is different though, there can be no doubt that this track is definitively Vile Hour. Never content with providing "easy music", the kooky duet have always done their utmost to challenge the listener, to present them with a song and say "make of this what you will....but it better be right," and this does not stray from that path.

Sympathies with Satan serves as something of a preview for the upcoming difficult second Vile Hour album. While this is arguably the hardest hurdle in any act's career, and one that has claimed many promising futures over the year, Vile Hour have skipped over the barrier in typically confident style. There's no secret to this - they just know who they are, and that's what makes them so likeable and enjoyable. As the song says so clearly, Vile Hour are who they are, and no amount of pressure or name calling will cause them to change their course (so fuck you, debt collectors and may the reaper smite you). They might be weird, they might have some quirks that make them one of the stranger and more curious acts in today's market, but Vile Hour provide something that the industry needs more than ever - a defining act. With their upcoming second album due to also be their second on major label Chaos Records, they are about to cement their place as one of the company's most shrewd signings in history, and that is no mean feat.

Take a bow Castor and Nichole, soak up the applause, but don't get too comfortable - your audience is already calling out for an encore.

4.5/5

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 31/05/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 01/06/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 01/06/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/06/2013(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#214 Posted : 01 June 2013 00:26:35(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

OOC: Thank you so much! It was brilliant! :)
Offline genocidal king  
#215 Posted : 01 June 2013 04:58:52(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC - Thanks, and you're welcome. glad you liked it :) I enjoy Vile Hour they're one of my favourites.
UserPostedImage
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#216 Posted : 11 June 2013 06:54:12(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Would someone please review Reported Failure's album Rome? I'd be forever grateful.

http://www.therockstargame.com/forum/yaf_postst10023_Rome--Reported-Failure-Album----All-Tracks-Posted---LISTEN.aspx

I am also capable of reviewing something for whomever will review the album.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline snap_itshannah  
#217 Posted : 11 June 2013 07:10:09(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Already on it for the Rome review. ;)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/06/2013(UTC)
Offline LewisW296  
#218 Posted : 11 June 2013 08:21:44(UTC)
LewisW296

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Could you review the free single that Redneck Shooting Range released for free? Preferably someone who has an insight to metal? :) Cheers. Link to the single is in my signature :)
My Current Bands

Deathcore - Redneck Shooting Range
http://www.therockstarga...ng-Range.aspx#post315081
Pop-Punk - The Lowest Feeling
http://www.therockstarga...ial-Page.aspx#post315396

Discography

http://www.therockstarga...The-Snow.aspx#post315100

Band Status
Redneck Shooting Range - Hiatus (Due to singer being away writing)
The Lowest Feeling - In Studio

[img=UserPostedImage][/img]

The Lowest Feeling
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#219 Posted : 11 June 2013 12:27:27(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Already on it for the Rome review. ;)

Oh right! You're the best. Thanks again. Forgot you were doing it.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#220 Posted : 13 June 2013 07:49:34(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Can someone please review Amy-Jayne Disco Sound EP please I would be very greatful

http://www.therockstarga...s-Streaming-Out-NOW.aspx

Edited by user 13 June 2013 07:53:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage