logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline deadserious  
#1 Posted : 17 June 2011 14:53:13(UTC)
deadserious

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 314 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Music Box Top Ten is the official video countdown show, tallying the most popular videos voted by you. The show will not only countdown videos, but a special guest will appear giving us an interview and a performance. The show will air every Friday, in our Times Square studio in New York, live. The show will debut today, and our first guest appearance will be by Brittany Knox.

Past guests
Brittany Knox
Infinite
Riot! In The Boulevard
Mandy Williams
Cinzia Ricci
Isabel

This weeks guest
Buzz & Hype

Number One Videos

Alicia Lena - The Butterfly Effect
Riot! In The Boulevard - All the Non Believers
Isabel - Blast My Music
Riot! In The Boulevard - All the Non Believers
Teen Titans – Memory
Hannah Beth - Goodbye
Isabel - Lose It (Summer’s Not Hot)

OOC: This will be the official thread, because the Music Box thread is crowded already.

Edited by moderator 18 December 2011 08:08:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#2 Posted : 17 June 2011 14:54:05(UTC)
deadserious

United States

UserPostedImage

Lisa: Hello, and welcome to the first episode of "Music Box Top Ten", I'll be your host for the show, giving you guys the top ten most popular videos by the biggest artists. Every Friday we will have a special guest, and our very first guest is Brittany Knox who will be appearing later. So what are we waiting for here are the first five videos.

UserPostedImage

Lisa: And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for, please welcome to the stage the multi-platinum artist Brittany Knox!

[center]*audience gives a big round of applause*

Lisa: Good to see ya, seems like this is going to be a busy year for you. Your new single “Desert Paradise” comes out this week, how does it feel to be back in the music scene?

Brittany: It definitely feels amazing! I was busy doing so many things for the past year after Halfway There that now that I'm fully back, it feels so new to me. It's not old at all.. I'm like inspired all over again. Its great to be back!

Lisa: So you recently came from tour, visiting many places, what tour stop was a favorite of yours?

Brittany: I like every crowd. I really couldn't pick one. They're all special in their own ways. I like every crowd basically. Especially the ones that aren't so loud, and you push them to keep cheering you on. What a rush. I like those crowds though, and of course crowds in United States, and the U.K. South America is amazing also!

Lisa: Do you plan to go on tour to support the upcoming album?

Brittany: Yes I am.. I really can't give any details on the tour as of yet, but definately after the new album a nice big tour will most likely be arranged.

Lisa: Speaking of albums, tell us about the album you’re currently working on? And, what sound you’re planning for it?

Brittany: Well its my second official album and its a body of work that I hold so close to me. It's so strong, uplifting and I think a lot of people can relate to it. But at the same time its also has a rebellious side and there are some tracks that can get you moving, something that wasn't present in Halfway There. I think this new album is a lot more uplifting. Its definately New Wave and some pop, there's some songs that explor the more hard, rock driven part of new wave, some soft, and some contain elements of Dance making some of the tracks have an ElectroClash feeling.

Lisa: Were there any influences for the album and single?

Brittany: Aside from having Dance elements on the album, There is actually. I always get this notorious female vision when recording some of the albums tracks. I always this Public Enemy Era feeling to it. when notorious females like Bonnie Parker were around. Specially when recording the track I did with Jason Smith, It has a very out law, public enemy feeling because the song is alittle rebellious.

Lisa: So who are you currently listening to?

Brittany: I listen to everyone basically. I like all types of music but Glamazon, Stephanie Fierce, and Ryan Ross Hernandez, and Alicia Lena are at the top of my list.

Lisa: We have a fan submitted question from “Amber Parks from Victoria, Canada” and she asked, “Hey Brittany, I want to know, what is some advice you can give to an aspiring singer like me?”

Brittany: Never give up, and keep striving for the best, always to follow your heart. Never follow what someone is telling you to do.

Lisa: We recently received word that you will be appearing in “Lady Marmalade”, how does it feel to be working with Malory Evans on the record?

Brittany: Its incredible. The acts on their are amazing and its an honor to be on a song with them, and you know, Malory is amazing.

Lisa: Now we have one last question from an audience member.
Audience member: “Hi! I’m a big fan of yours and you’re an inspiration to me, and I want to know what’s your favorite song to perform is?”

Brittany: My favorite song to perform would definately be Me Agaisnt The World. The song gets the crowd going and its faced pace, I have alot of fun connecting with the emotion in the song too.

Lisa: It was nice meeting you Brittany. Everyone don’t forget to buy Brittany’s new single “Desert Paradise” on June 18th mark your calendars!

Lisa: And now, we have the five most requested videos, combined we received over 900,000 votes online for these videos. And here we go.

Edited by user 18 June 2011 07:33:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#3 Posted : 18 June 2011 07:33:09(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Lisa: Congrats to Alicia Lena for making history as the first number one. With that, we're sending her a plaque.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 18 June 2011 07:37:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Alicia: Wow thank you, I'm so surprised that I got the number 1 video, especially when I saw the other videos, thank you.

OOC: Thanks, dunno how that happened because I suck at doing videos, which is why I always try to avoid doing them, but thanks lol. :)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 18 June 2011 07:37:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: What erm happened to the other 5? Eh?
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Matticus  
#6 Posted : 18 June 2011 07:38:22(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: What erm happened to the other 5? Eh?

There are 5 in post 1 and 5 in post 2
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 18/06/2011(UTC)
Offline deadserious  
#7 Posted : 18 June 2011 07:57:03(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Alicia: Wow thank you, I'm so surprised that I got the number 1 video, especially when I saw the other videos, thank you.

OOC: Thanks, dunno how that happened because I suck at doing videos, which is why I always try to avoid doing them, but thanks lol. :)

OOC: The video was really good actually, congrats again.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline FiveT  
#8 Posted : 18 June 2011 09:21:57(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Den (Teen Titans): #5!! Whoa, thank you everyone!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline deadserious  
#9 Posted : 19 June 2011 06:12:20(UTC)
deadserious

United States

AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#10 Posted : 21 June 2011 16:49:16(UTC)
deadserious

United States

There's a good amount of votes, please keep them coming.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#11 Posted : 22 June 2011 08:44:55(UTC)
deadserious

United States

I don't wanna be naggy, but keep the votes coming in!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSXRQYC
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#12 Posted : 22 June 2011 09:14:00(UTC)
deadserious

United States

UserPostedImage

The band will be giving us and interview and will be performing this Friday. Don't miss it, or you'll regret it.

Edited by user 22 June 2011 09:14:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#13 Posted : 23 June 2011 09:19:14(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Everyone voting closes Thursday night, so if you didn't vote get it done.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#14 Posted : 24 June 2011 06:41:30(UTC)
deadserious

United States

This is the last day, voting closes tonight. There's a tie and I need it to be broken.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#15 Posted : 24 June 2011 17:55:31(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Voting has been closed, thank you very much to everyone that took part in the process.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#16 Posted : 25 June 2011 08:47:35(UTC)
deadserious

United States

The chart will be posted in an hour. This week was a big week, we even have a new record. Some acts did make a big fall out, only because there was a bigger jump in voting, but those acts had a consistent number of votes like last week.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#17 Posted : 25 June 2011 10:48:46(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Lisa: Hello, and welcome to another episode of the Music Box Top Ten, today's special guest is Infinite. And thanks to you guys we broke a record, with the highest amount of votes. We received over 1.5 million votes! That's amazing, we have some other records made on the chart also. So here we go, here are the first five videos....

Lisa: Hayden makes a record by having THREE videos in the countdown. His third is in the top five making quite a jump. Without further adieu, here are INFINITE!

UserPostedImage

(Eric talking during the interview)

Lisa: Our special guest today is Infinite, the biggest band in the world, the most critically acclaimed.

*Crowd applauses*

Lisa: Hello, you guys are enjoying huge success of the charts, and winning many awards. Do you ever feel pressure to keep up the momentum?

Greg: There's always the pressure of following up on success, whether it's something as little as selling over a thousand copies of your debut single, or as massive as reaching the top position of a chart. But, when you get to such an acclaimed position as this, and excuse me for not sounding modest, it can get a little overwhelming. I always think it's best to just not look back on past successes; it's important to treat every new release as if it's your first, one that could make or break your band.

Lisa: Your music video “Vague Impressions” is doing well on the countdown. However, it has stirred up a bit of controversy because many think it alludes to suicide, but you quickly dashed that; can you tell us what was the inspiration behind the music video?

Eric: I've always been very interested in the way culture can control our lives, sometimes even more so than governments. So, I pictured a world where this is taken to the extreme; a simple word on a television screen can influence your mood for the entire day. This would be great if it was a word like 'Euphoria', but something out of a nightmare if it was 'Worthless'. Basically, the result of the latter would be suicide. It's a bit of a graphic idea, which is why we shot it as a black-and-white cartoon. The video isn't meant to be about suicide, but more or less about the effects of media on our collective consciousness.

Lisa: So we know you guys have three releases coming out sometime this year, an EP, a fourth album, and a fifth. Can you give us some information about the yet to be titled fifth album, and the inspiration behind the change in sound?

Greg: The fifth album is going to have a strong focus on electronica, and drum-and-bass rhythms. Eric's been spending quite a bit of time finishing up work on the 'Dividing Divinity' album with Jason Smith, so there's been some days where it's just Matt and I in the studio together. Because of that, we've come up with some great rhythm tracks together, and the album is going to be representative of that. Other than that, you'll have to wait and see what it'll sound like.

Eric: When writing Dancing about Architecture, I was inspired by the crowd singalongs at stadium gigs. No matter what the lyrics are, people aren't going to sing them en mass unless it's carried by a catchy melody. I'm not bitter, it's just a fact of life. So, I wanted the album to have a separation between the lyrics and the music, almost as a representation of passive-aggressiveness; there can be these really angry and cynical lyrics, but they'd be hidden beneath a really peaceful atmosphere of acoustic guitars.

Lisa: In each album, you guys change your sound, what’s behind this innovation? And do you ever fear that you may cross the line where you guys sound completely different from your other works?

Eric: You can't stay in one particular sound or niche for too long, otherwise you fall behind. That's always been a fear of mine; the risk of sounding obsolete. I mean, it's even happening now; with the recent return of PANIC! and Quarantine, why would people even need Infinite? So, we need to reinvent our sound, or evolve from past successes, otherwise we're just running in circles instead of sprinting ahead.

Greg: I think there's always the characteristics that make a tune distinctly our own. There's always a heavy focus on lyrical themes and the underlining meaning behind every sonic texture. So, while the visible skin to our sound may change, the skeleton will always remain.

Eric: That's so wonderfully morbid, Oldson.

Lisa: We all make mistakes, and have regrets. Despite the fact that you guys storming the world, do you ever wish you could’ve done something different?

Eric: I wish there would've less focus on me, and more on the group as a whole. Back when Infinite first started, I was very much in the phase of my life where I mistook myself for the center of the universe. So, my antics were self-centered, and not really about the music. Of course, nowadays I'd just like people to listen to our songs, but I suppose the past has stuck around to haunt me. People think I'm this really egotistical rock-star, and I'd like to think that it's not true. Matt's just as vital to the inner workings of any Infinite song as I am, and I wish more people would realize that.

Lisa: At this point in your careers, where do you see yourself five or ten years from now?

Greg: I think it'd be very nice to still be making records, but with a different mentality. You don't want to write music as a 35 year old the same way you did when you're 25. So, if the future involves the three of us, still together and still making music, but in a more matured and evolved manner, I'm perfectly happy with it.

Matt: Y'know U2's most recent tour, where they made 700 million dollars? Yeah, I want Infinite to do that. Fuck modesty.

Lisa: As usual, we have a user submitted question. This one comes from Jake from Los Angeles, U.S. and writes, “Hey guys, what is your favorite thing about being a band, and your least favorite?

Eric: My favorite thing would have to be the support. It'd just be terrifying to make music by myself, and I don't know if I even could. When you're in a band, you're with people who are able to say, 'that's awful' to the things you're making. If I did something on my own, it'd just be the most pretentious, overblown thing, so I'm glad Infinite prevents me from sinking to that level.

Greg: I've always enjoyed the-

Eric: My least favorite thing would be working with Greg Oldson.

Lisa: And our final question from an audience member.
Audience member: It’s so cool seeing you guys do your thing on stage, when you started the band, did you ever have doubts that you will be successful?

Eric: I tried not to show it, but yes, there was always a nagging doubt in the back of my mind. For the first couple years after high school, Infinite wasn't making it anywhere. In fact, until the release of Blue Nebula, I don't think anybody outside of Teignmouth even knew we existed. It was a dark time in my life, and I'm so grateful to our fans for getting us through it. Thank you all so much for taking the time to listen our music.

AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#18 Posted : 25 June 2011 10:51:39(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Lisa: Okay now here are the top five most requested videos!

Lisa: Riot! In The Boulevard makes a record for being the first video to debut at number 1! Congratulations guys and as usual with our chart toppers we'll be sending a plaque. Stay tuned for next week, as well do another countdown, will Riot! In The Boulevard remain at #1 wait till next week to see. Goodbye!

*Crowd applause's and All the Non Believers is played in the background*
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline capri96  
#19 Posted : 25 June 2011 13:56:13(UTC)
capri96

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
HyoLim: Woah, we're at No. 7! Thanks to everyone who voted!
Offline Andre Gandra  
#20 Posted : 26 June 2011 23:05:11(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: Love the interview... and congrats to Riot! in the Boulevard...
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)