logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 22 October 2012 04:22:22(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

VICTORIOUS - AUBREY MIKKEL - OCTOBER 21, 2012

UserPostedImage

Genre:
R&B, Soul, Jazz

Elements Of:
Hip Hop Soul, Pop

Release Date:
October 21, 2012

Recorded:

Producers:
Paul Ebworth
Paul NZA
Cecil Remmler
Nevaeh Martinez
Mark Ronson
Dapo Torimiro

BACKGROUND
Aubrey Mikkel, the self proclaimed "Savior", the fiery brash Hellcat and R&B starlet rose to fame earlier this year after becoming a contestant and eventual winner of singing competition, Star Factory. Prior to her experience on the t.v show, Mikkel got her first taste of fame came when she featured on Dominic Brown's, Dance With You Remix, after discovering after a performance at a local club in Toronto. Both Mikkel and Brown became close friends and from then on, he later asked her to perform at Total Annihilation 4 with him. Mikkel was also part of the cast to play an extra in Hannah Beth's music video for "Animal".

When she did take part on the Star Factory reality series, week in week out Aubrey set herself apart from the competition becoming one of the consistently excellent performances becoming the Star of the week on the show as well, despite her cocky and brash attitude throughout each episode. Singing her way until the very end, Mikkel and contestant Casey Johnson made it to the season finale of the show and in the end Aubrey Mikkel won the talent competition after a public vote. Shortly after, Aubrey signed with North Hill Records after the show had wrapped up.

Months later, and we have our final product. "Victorious" which is the official debut album of Aubrey Mikkel's being released on October 21st, 2012 under North Hill Records. Mikkel began work on the album just one week after winning Starfactory, which ended in August of 2012. Taking the core of the heart tugging R&B and Soul and mixing it with the brash and sometimes elegant live instruments on most of the tracks of the album, became the main influence on this album, supporting tracks that span through different topics including Love, Heartbreak, Self Appreciation, Depression and other topics alike, as Aubrey opens up about topics way past being a "winner of a competition". Aside from the influence, the album will make a listener feel uplifted and empowered by the end, almost feeling as if you are feeling like the album's official title, Victorious. The album only feature's one vocal collaboration, where Aubrey teamed up with Isaac Lovelock to create the sensual album highlight, "Fire's Burning".

Aubrey also commands creative control of the album stating: "I've put the actual album together, duh. I'm pretty bossy and don't go too well with direction, so someone else telling me the direction of my album or music would be like a blind man having to describe color....impossible. I like seeing my actual vision come alive and flourish, not someone else's FOR ME. So from jump start, I had to proclaim the actual creative control, that was very important for me. And I've gotten the chance with my album. Of course. Luckily I didn't have to fight with my label for it". And has called upon an array of producers including Paul Epworth, Paul NZA, Cecil Remmler, Nevaeh Martinez, Mark Ronson and Dapo Torimiro who worked closely with the "Savior" on making her vision of the album come alive.

The "Victorious" era officially kicked off when Aubrey's winner's single, "Partner In Crime" was released as a promotional single off of the album in early July to a critical acclaim. The fast paced Neo-Soul/R&B track shot up both the Radio and Digital Charts charting at #3 and #2 on both charts respectively and stood among the Digital Charts for 10 weeks. Mikkel continued recording the album throughout this time and soon after, revealed the artwork to the next official single off of the album "Savior". The cocky and self assuring record was also critically acclaimed due to Aubrey's haunting vocals and the use of the live instrumentals of the powerful track, as Aubrey sings of being the "savior" of R&B music. This single also became a success on the music charts, peaking at #3 on the Radio Charts and #2 on the Digital Charts, mirroring the success of her previous single "Partner In Crime". As the album became more and more anticipated, Aubrey finally dropped the title of the album and track listing just two weeks ago as well as revealing the newest single off of the album. "Fire's Burning", the seductive collaboration with rap star Isaac Lovelock which was given to Mikkel as an unfinished written track by fellow R&B songstress for Mikkel to finish writing. She went onto finish writing the track and eventually record it with producer Dapo Torimiro and Lovelock himself. Being released on October 7th,2012 as the final single before the album was released it became an instant hit not only with music critics citing it's infectious futuristic, elegant, and seductive feel of the track but as well as Aubrey's vocals and Isaac Lovelocks verse calling it an "ace" collaboration and production number. Aside from the positive reviews, it shot up to #1 on the Radio Charts becoming Aubrey's first official #1 single. Chart placement on the Digital Charts are to be announced.

With all the success surrounding Aubrey Mikkel post Starfactory, she's looking to victoriously add another credential to her name with this album. It's obvious that Aubrey is making a statement for R&B music and is doing it with a vengeance. This is "Victorious".

TRACKLISTING
UserPostedImage

SINGLES

1. Partner In Crime
2. Savior
3. Fire's Burning (feat. Isaac Lovelock)

MEDIA

UserPostedImage
Click Here!

UserPostedImage
Click Here!

TOUR
UserPostedImage

SONG SYNOPSIS COMING UP....

Edited by user 27 November 2012 11:59:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 22/10/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/10/2012(UTC), Moquel on 23/10/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 23/10/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/10/2012(UTC), erich hess on 23/10/2012(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 23/10/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 22 October 2012 13:34:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

1. Victorious
The opening track of this journey. The "Victorious" journey. This offering that the hellcat, Aubrey Mikkel is giving us starts off right away. From the time you hear the opening electric guitar chords of "Victorious", the title track of the album. Automatically you are pulled in. The sternness, and rigidness of those electric guitars give your ears a pure nostalgia mixed with an eerie vibe. Seconds past and Aubrey's voice, always reassuring slams onto the track with the guitar chords slowing down and an elegant backing beat supporting her. Aubrey voice is very toned and powerful but possess her usual soulfulness in this track. When she does begin singing, she starts to sing about the days where she didn't have much, but instead was patiently waiting for her chance to soar to the top. As she sings, she drags out every ending line of the track. The guitars also make there way back onto the track as the mid tempo becomes more relentless. Aubrey continues to elegantly sing about becoming "Victorious" until the chorus comes out. This comes out of no where, as Aubrey is singing and the music's backing beat and instruments completely stop, Aubrey continues to sing and the chorus comes about as a relentless backing beat slams onto the track, it has this triumphant vibe with it as Aubrey belts out; Come closer now |If you want to look at me|Victorious child| Do you like what you see? | I've told you once|I've told you twice| Now all you can do is sit in the crowd| That's the closest you'll get to me| So can you tell me now|Victorious Child|I hope you like what you see|Victorious Child|I hope you like what you see. Aubrey belts out those lyrics for the chorus with the backing beat behind her belting voice along with drums and guitars giving this "big sound" of this motown influenced, ever triumphant soul jam that gives us that empowering feeling when we do win winning. Following the chorus an instrumental is heard, with the same rigid guitar chords that bring us to verse two. When verse two comes about, Aubrey unleashes her elegant and powerful voice again, this time singing about post/victory. She sings about having that deep overwhelming feeling of proud-ness that you get when winning or having won something. Aubrey continues to sing until the chorus and the song breaks out onto the chorus once more, this time with more instruments adding to the live instruments you already here. Come closer now |If you want to look at me|Victorious child| Do you like what you see? | I've told you once|I've told you twice| Now all you can do is sit in the crowd| That's the closest you'll get to me| So can you tell me now|Victorious Child|I hope you like what you see|Victorious Child|I hope you like what you see; she sings loudly behind the instruments and when the chorus ends it slips swiftly into the bridge which continues this elegant feeling of the track as Aubrey sings, but sounds as if she speaking behind the backing beat and rigid guitar chords; Here I am right before your eyes| Standing in Victory| Isn't that something that you would like?| I was all alone in a crowded room | Now this crowded room is listening to me sing a tune | We could make it a one on one| Me and you |And If you're brave enough| I promise you I'll be standing in Victory by the time this song ends, so come next to me, if you think you're tough. As the bridge ends the song slips into the chorus one last time as Aubrey adds in high note adlibs behind the inital lyrics of the chorus to "Victorious" as the song comes to an end.

2. My Pride

Following, "Victorious" the next track entitled "My Pride" comes next on the "Victorious" album. From the start, you can tell this track has less of that menacing sound that the track before holds, it sounds much more toned down and neo-soul driven. The Nevaeh Martinez produced ballad, "My Pride" starts off with with a very soulful backing beat that sounds very catchy and flourishes throughout the beginning seconds of the song. Once Aubrey's voice finds way onto the track, it is obvious that the song is a lovely starry eyed ballad about love. I'm going to lose this game | He's got this poker face| I'm suppose to be the one with it, it, it| Aubrey has this softness on her voice that even a listener wouldn't think she could tackle as she sings about this guy who, for once, is acting the way she is and it's quite a surprise to her. She continues: He's turned tables cold| Traded places up this rode|I'm not prepared for this, this, this; There are these keyboards heard in the background when Aubrey starts singing that mixes very well with her emotional "yearning" sound in her voice. She sounds much more light and loveable then she has ever sounded as Aubrey starts falling deeply in love with the man of her dreams, and so is starting to lose all the pride that she holds, do to her falling in love with him. She continues: Might've played around and told him to go
But really I don't want him to leave me alone| I've never met a guy so bold| I can't control myself, my lips, lips, lips; Aubrey finishes those lines with this sensual manner in her voice as she coos out the chorus that has the uplifted vibe of love is shown in the song. SHe sings out: Oh It's going|It's going |My prides going off the deep end| This boys got me open
It's so unfair| Oh It's going| It's going| My prides going off the deep end| He sees right through my skin |And I think he knows| I think it shows; Mikkel sings throughout the chorus, making this song the perfect type of song that reminds you of those romantic nights out on a date where a girl finds a man who trades places with her as he doesn't show the love as another mad would. This song has a very warm feeling and stays at this pace throughout the entire track. For the rest of the song, Aubrey gushes about this man, as she asks herself and him, throughout the second verse how did he get her to feel the way she feels as she continues to question him and his ways. The song stays along this manner throughout the track, even for the bridge where she continues to murmer |It's Going, It's Going, It's Going, Going| Riiight Off of the deep end, off of the deep end| Speaking of her pride and singing over the catchy and soulful backing beat until it brings the listener back to the final chorus as Aubrey beautifully sings the chorus Oh It's going|It's going |My prides going off the deep end| This boys got me open |It's so unfair| Oh It's going| It's going| My prides going off the deep end| He sees right through my skin |And I think he knows| I think it shows|; as the song comes to an end

3. Rebel Child
The next track "Rebel Child" easily speeds things up. "My Pride" gave this gushy, dreamy and loveable feel, however, we could not say the same about Rebel Child. At this early point in the album, we've gotten two sides of Aubrey. The not so common loveable Aubrey and the self assuring and brash Aubrey. For the most part Aubrey shines when showing either side so it's all in your "ears", listener. Rebel Child gets back to the self assuring Aubrey. The track starts off with a guitar chord that electrifies the beginning of the track, along with cymbals that clap behind each guitar chord as the song has this "building" sound behind it for the beginning of the track. Seconds pasts and the song bursts onto the first verse, a heavy backing beat behind the guitar as Aubrey's voice makes it's way to the song. She sounds strong as her voice quick paced, along with the quick beat of the R&B jam. She sings: I feel like it's time for change | I'll get a little wild | Racing all these girls to shame
I'm such a rebel child | There's gonna be some hell tonight | Cause there's a spotlight| It's shining just for me| I'll go this distance| To show them just what I'm made of|; Aubrey sounds very compelling as the relentless beat grinds behind her with as instruments come together as Aubrey continues to sing: Rebel child| Something different| Something new| Rebel Child| I'm out the box| I came out the blue| Rebel Child| I'm so sexy| I'm so fine
Rebel Child|; Each time that "Rebel Child" is heard, a heavy guitar chord comes behind it and Aubrey continues singing. This R&B time continues on from that point as the aggressive backing beat and guitar chords are heard, just as the sounds heard in the beginning of the song. Aubrey goes onto continue singing about being a rebel, being different and not following what others are telling you to follow. Be a rebel. Be something different, be something new. Don't fall into the categories that people are making. Just because you're different don't wish to do and say things that people want you to do and say, you're a rebel child. This uplifting track may have you feeling a bit more confident about yourself, we were not too sure that it will make you feel as confident as Aubrey but it may have you confident on the dance floor as this has a clubby R&B vibe to it that may have you nodding your head as the R&B sounds mix very well with the guitars and drums making it a great fusion of instruments and the vocals Mikkel as she also sings about her mother referring to her a rebellious child. The breakdown is also a highlight of the track as another beat comes onto the track making it obvious that it is the bridge. Aubrey sings with her soulful voice; It's time to break away from these chains| I'm on a mission |I thought I told ya| I'm taking ova You better respect me |So can test me | And watch me get wild| I'm here tonight| Representin' the rebel child's alriiiiight|; Aubrey belts out the last word in the bridge for a quite a while as her vocals soar all the way until the final chorus is sung as the song comes to an end.

4. Heartless
On the next track off of "Victorious", Aubrey slows it down. From the fast paced and rebellious manner on the track before, we get the opposite on "Heartless" which shows a vulnerable Aubrey. The track, very smooth and straight to the point has this very calming beat that rides through the beginning of the track very smoothly as there a few beats per second but still seeming to stay very catchy to a listeners ear and might have you nodding your head already. Automatically Aubrey gets straight to the point as she sings on the track with her powerful voice, it's also a bit laid back and not so powerful, but instead she takes a more calming approach to her vocals as she opens up on this track.
The beat, right behind her as her voice stands out. So you all ask me why| I'm so heartless| Is that right?;| She waits a few seconds and then begins to sing the next upcoming lines. ; |So much heartbreak
Escalating through my brain| All this heartache | I mean how much can I take ?| Year after year and|You would think she had so much praise| Tear after tear and| If you knew, it'd be a shame. Aubrey speaks about having her heart broken, and has since become heartless. She continues for the chorus as the beat stays its same calming sound. |She took so much emotional abuse| It took so much to refute|I doubt my heart is even beating |I guess I'm a heartless girl so cold| After all the nonsense |Messing with my conscience|Has left my chamber of hearts | To mold. As the chorus slowly finds its way out, the beat restarts and Aubrey continues where she left off I tried kiss you|I didn't dismiss you |But why'd you have react like that ?|You and up and left me|You only wanted to defeat me|Look at heartless girl walking|So cold. She sings those lines with emotion and her vocals up to par and sounding quite sad at the same time. Aubrey sings through the bridge where she sings about the fear of being betrayed if she opens up once more but she's enjoying life too much right to even go on with the risque fact of opening up to someone, and so prefers to be her heartless self.

5. Give Me Strength
Following "Heartless". Its quite interesting to see where the album would go next. Which brings us to the next track which is entitled "Give Me Strength" which is the 5th track off of Victorious. Will we get to hear a confident , loveable, or vulnerable Aubrey Mikkel? Since throughout the album so far, now reaching our midway point in the disk, we are excited to see what this R&B starlet has to offer . But at this point, once you hear the acoustic instruments that sound almost depressing, we are in for a rude awakening of the album. The true voice of Aubrey Mikkel makes way for this track. The acoustic guitar strums come across the track and Aubrey already begins to sing behind the guitar and organ instruments with barely a backing beat. "Give Me Strength" is a song about feeling so low about yourself and low in general, almost to the point or at the point of a depressive state. Aubrey gets this message across as it's quite astonishing how well her voice stands out in this track as she powerfully sings about feeling incredibly low and having no one to turn to. /Lately I Been thinking that I Can't take this anymore
/So god can you give me the strength to move on?/ I know I carry myself that way/ But I'm really feeling this way. Its still quite shocking hearing Mikkel sing like this, showing that she actually does have a heart and can actually sing songs about self issues. She continues to sing, asking god to give her strength in this very said but empowering track. The organ and guitar strums mix perfectly with Aubrey's haunting vocals. /Be careful what for wish for/Because I wished to be alone /Now I'm sitting here with no one by my side ; She emotionally sings about wishing to be alone but when actually being alone, the feeling tends to hurt you a lot. The standout of this track would have to be Aubrey's vocals mixing with the less is more approach. The production is very bland and simple and that's what makes this song stand out so much, that Aubrey shines and shows the most vulnerability in this song than any other song that we have heard her sing so far. Throughout the rest of the track, she stays on track with the initial topic of the song as she asks god to give her strength throughout the song and speaking about feeling low, and questioning her own conscience as this captivating song becomes an obvious stand out of the album.

Edited by user 22 October 2012 13:35:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Walton on 22/10/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 23/10/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/10/2012(UTC), erich hess on 23/10/2012(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 23/10/2012(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/10/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2012 13:36:31(UTC)
Famouss7x7

6. Partner In Crime

The next track, where it all started. "Partner In Crime" was the first single taken off of the album after Mikkel won and performed this original cut and winners single on Starfactory months ago. The track which is a R&B/Soul/Pop fusion opens up with a opening hand clap instrumental mixed the cymbals and a bouncy Caribbean like backing beat of the song is heard. For the first verse her captivating yet soft voice rides throughout the first two lines of this soul fused breakup track that is very catchy [Here he goes again, blowing up my phone| Making me so glad, that I left him alone] She sings with emotion mixing in well with the song. Speaking about this man as she continues |I was the best you had, boy I know| But you should move on and let it go|.]After the first verse the soulful beat that sounds bigger and better through the catchy and bouncy like verse, Aubrey holds onto her expression as the chorus comes along as she belts out |I must admit baby, we had a lot of fun| But I don't need you baby, this love is done| As she's talking to her male loved one, Aubrey makes it clear that although she might regret it. She's throwing their love away. The r&B jam seems to be rising up as this point to the first chorus as the chorus unleashes, The backing beat speeds up and heavy bells are thrown into the soulful mix, Aubrey belts out the chorus to full potential, she's telling her guy to continue on his way, he will never be her partner in crime.. |I know our split was a little hazy|But let me make it clear| You obviously must be going crazy|If you think you can come back here| Don't try and sweet talk me| To make things back to how they used to be|Oh baby you're just wasting your time| I'm no longer your partner in crime-e-e. The chorus could easily get stuck in your head as it slowly fades away. The burst of instrumentation slows back down to it's verse that consists of hand claps, bells, and keyboards. Aubrey then continues onto sing the next verse of the song. |Once upon a time, I only wanted you|Things aren't that way now, act like you got a clue|You won't find another like me, boy I know| But you should move on and let it go| Aubrey with her ever so soulful voice continues to effortlessly sings the verse two of the song with the backing beat and baseline behind her. |I must admit baby, you knew what to do| But I don't need you baby, I found someone new| Save yourself the trouble, you can't get back my love| Yeah I'm giving away the love, you don't deserve|. Following those lines, Aubrey sings the chorus once more that adds in the loud hand claps and quick speed, with Aubrey singing about a breakup. The bridge then comes along Aubrey belts out the first line immaculately followed by the drums drums, as she continues with her next line |So what if you're mad that I moved on| I was a fool for you but never again|I'm so much better than I was back then| Hope you like sleeping in bed alone| Cause I'm never coming back home. The song then breaks into the final chorus once more where Aubrey sings the track to her ability as belts out the final chorus the second time holding the last note for crime---.

7. Fire's Burning (feat. Isaac Lovelock)
Fire's Burning is the latest release from Aubrey Mikkel, which features rap star Isaac Lovelock, and was the final single release before Aubrey's "Victorious" hits stores on October 21st.

The song starts off with a very groovy backing beat that sounds extremely catchy that gives off this sensuous vibe. This beat goes on for a few seconds and snapping fingers aid the deep bass sounds reminiscent of heartbeat. This instrumental goes on for a few more seconds and Aubrey's voice hits the backing beat. Aubrey voice, taking a consirderable change from her initial power in her voice, for a more sensual, whispery tone that mixes in well with the pulsating beat that rides behind her. She sings: "I’m staring down the barrel of the gun| There’s nowhere left for me to turn| There’s nowhere left to run| Time for me to make this right| And make those problems go away|It’s time for me to treat you nice|I’ll promise to never run away. Making it obvious that she's feeling like she wants to give all her love. Which is very interesting to see Aubrey show a more vulnerable side,making it obvious that we won't just get confident Aubrey on her album. The beat continues to sooth the listeners ear with how the well Aubrey's voice merges with the erotic sounding beat. She continues on with her ace vocals. She sings: I know what I’ve got when I’ve got it
But it still gets lonely sometimes| I can’t help searching for something more| It’s something that I just can’t hide
It’s not that you aren’t enough for me| It’s just hard to understand you| There’s nothing more that I can say
Just believe that I still love you; Aubrey coos out singing to this love interest in the song. The song has a small buildup that stays on the initial pace of the song as it breaks into it's chorus where Aubrey brings out these stellar airy vocal. Aubrey successfully brings together an array of deep notes to create an unforgettably unique and erratic beat as Aubrey's vocals penetrate the track with sexuality and depth that might leave you blushing every time she sings. She continues on with the chorus Ooooh yeah, can’t you see| Fire’s burning, deep inside of me| Ooooh yeah, It can’t be hidden| Fire’s burning but our love is forbidden| Ooooh yeah, look into my eyes|Fire’s burning, these aren’t no lies| Ooooh yeah, baby can’t you see|This fire’s burning and it’s killing me. She rides out the last note perfectly as the same beat brings us to the next lines in the song, the beat sounds quite atmospheric mixed with this soul edge that might just have you moving your body to. She sings her next lines sensually speaking to this loved one about not forgetting the moment they are sharing. The intimacy in the song is high due to the production and brought to new highs as Aubrey's vocals mixes perfectly. She sings the next chorus to full potential as the beats intimate vibe follows her. The bridge of the song emerges and a guitar mixed with electronic thumping mingles so perfectly as Isaac's laid back bars mix perfectly with the atmospheric futuristic like sounds and Aubrey "ooo's and Ahhh's" as her vocal prowl adlibs with Lovelocks lines. He raps: Yeah, it’s the original but tired| Found yet still desired|Like I told you I’d run with that woman till we fall| Nah that’s not all|Maybe we’ll get married and get a nice house in the country| Hope she likes the sound of that, but that’s just me| So when times are tough and you start rememberin’| Keep the moments where we were tender an’| Keep a pen and paper close by| I’m sure you can think of a few words to put a tear in my eye. As he's finished Aubrey takes control and sings the chorus one more time as this song rides to an end.

Aubrey Mikkel takes us on a soulful ride that embodies the sexy and and sweet urges of love that could also be taken as an erotic ride that soothes and arouses in a single breath. Aubrey along with Isaac Lovelock brings their A game with this collaboration.

8. Savior

Savior is the second single taken off of the debut album of Aubrey Mikke and the 8th track off of the album. With the genre of the song being written under R&B, Soul and Trip Hop, we sure would like to see exactly what the track consists of, in terms of it's sound, and lyrically. Soon as the song starts, it gets straight to business. A very intimidating slamming beat is heard, mixed with the calmness of a quiet storm like baseline and drums appearing very swiftly. This is also happening before Aubrey is heard and already the song sounds quite unapologetic and that's what makes it all the more mysterious. Seconds go on with the same intimidating beat and Aubrey's voice finally finds it place onto the track. Aubrey's sings as if she has no inner feelings, almost as if she's possessed by the denseness and menace in her vocals as she starts off with the first line of the song. "They say I'll never use my heart| As long as I stay alive" Aubrey murmurs, within the break of those two lines, a swift electric guitar chord is heard as well as light cymbals. She continues on with the next lines of the song, with the intimidating beat and manner of the song not making a change. There looking for a right| To put an end to this spotlight; The beat then slows down a bit, with the continuous pounding and a jazz influenced sound appearing as Aubrey sings But I'm just getting started| I'm already on the flight. In those lines, it is clear that Aubrey is talking to the people who speak about her being "cocky and mean" or even wanting her to lose the spotlight she has garnered, but instead, she says she's on the flight to get to the top as well as saying talentless souls stand in the way, speaking of talentless artists who stand in the way. All the instruments from the beginning of the track then find it way back as Aubrey sings the next lines God placed me at the fate, at this fame| So where's the love and devotion| I've showed pain and emotion| If I have to be in the frontline of this battle of mine| I promise I'll stay alive that includes rigid guitar chords that find it's way to the hook. The song then slips into the chorus, that continue the rythm of the track but adds in more guitars and harder pounding. Aubrey's coos out the apologetic lyrics I'll be the savior of us| I won't sit around and wait| They don't care about us
Talentless souls just stand in the way| You can call me cocky| I might be mean| Ain't my fault
I'll live out this dream; Making it obvious that no matter what, Aubrey will achieve her "savior duties". Continuing, the song goes into a chanting like scream, where Aubrey yells out: I won't be left behind| Head on my shoulders| Neck growing taller| So I rise
With this will to fight; Aubrey then continues to belt out the next lines, addressing other female singers who take time out to only speak about their life, but really in all honestly people don't really want to hear about that: "You can waist your time telling you're life stories| All they wanna hear about is the last girl acting whorey"; Speaking of the media feeding into scandalous females who get famous for being "whores". Aubrey continues on with these apologetic lyrics as she elegantly says the next lines: It's dog eat dog world, what's there to worry| Especially when you're the one that's hungry; And then quickly yells out the next lines: You're not here to fight?| You're not on the frontline?; She quickly then speaks the next words: So bow down to your savior| Cause I'll need some favors; Playfully picking at anyone who's not in with the fight. The intimidating manner of the song doesn't change as the song goes onto the hook where Aubrey elegantly sings the hook followed by the chorus. For the bridge the chant like roar is heard, with it sounding like many people are yelling with her for the first two lines, she chants: I've been lost, but had no doubt
Cause I won't be left behind (no)| Let me shine!| I'll never be torn up inside| Let me fight through the night| While you all stand in fright| Then you'll call me your savior| And pay me with your best behavior|; Aubrey speaks as if she's actually fighting while others stand in fright and takes a nudge at the ones who will be thinking her. The song then breaks into the hook once more and then the chorus that brings all the instruments into one, with the organ, electric guitar, backing beats and cymballs roaring after Aubrey finishes the last lines for about 30 seconds, repetitively as the song fades off to the ending.

9. Killing Me Softly
Having performed this on the Semifinal of Starfactory, and garnering a massive critical acclaim after performing the song amazingly live, the tracks studio version ends up on "Victorious". Although sounding a bit more up to date then the version years ago by the Lori Lieberman and then covered once more by legendary Fugees featuring Lauryn Hill, which remains the most famous cover of the song. Aubrey adds her style to the track as she keeps her voice full of emotion, just as the regular version as she covers the lyrics made famous.. Strumming my pain with his fingers| Singing my life with his words| Killing me softly with his song, telling my whole life with his words|Killing me softly with his song...Aubrey holds a great amount of sadness with every word that she says, almost as if she is about the break in tears, but instead she holds on by a thread as her vocals echo behind her. The backing beat then makes its way onto the track as Aubrey continues to sing I heard he sang a good song|I heard he had a style|And so I came to see him|And let him sing for a while|And there he was this young one|Stranger to my eyes;| She drags the last lines of the song as the backing beat of the song comes onto the track identical to the original, but Aubrey makes it her own singing in her own style the easily fits well with the song. Strumming my pain with his fingers|Singing my life with his words|Killing me softly with his song, killing me softly with his song|Telling my whole life with his words killing me softly with his song. Aubrey keeps her voice steady still holding the emotion as the chorus fades away and returns back to the neo-driven verse. |I felt all flushed with fever.|And I rest by the crowed|I felt he found my letters andread each one out loud|I prayed that he would finish|But he just kept right on. The chorus then returns once more as Aubrey sings it to her full ability holding that same sadness to her voice. Once the chorus slips into the bridge, Mikkel's talents really shine as the bridge shows the vocal powerhouse of the singer. She tackles a range belts Oh ah ah oh|Woah ah oh ah ah|La la la la la la oh ah ah|Oh oh la ah ah ah|La ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah| Aubrey hits every note to a tea as this estranged love song becomes one to Aubrey. The chorus then slips back onto the track as Aubrey sings the track until the end.

10.Straight Through Your Skin
Following the cover of the Fugees "Killing Me Softly" the next track and second to last track on Aubrey Mikkel's R&B ride is called "Straight Through Your Skin". The song takes a strong approach already having a "heavy" sound to it from the opening chords of the track. There's a heavy use of instruments that slam across the backing beat making the track sound menacing. The beat and instrument stays at this pace for about 35 seconds. And out of the no where, Aubrey brings her powerful vocals to the song. It doesn't take us long before realizing that she is taking about a love gone wrong as she yells out /You made my heart hurt/You let my love go/ You made my cuts hurt/ And made my world turn/ as she sings about a guy who most likely hurt her. She continues to yell out in her powerful manner behind the rigid backing beat and instrumental. It is obvious that love and heartbreak songs are where Aubrey is most strong as she sounds the most confident and empowering when singing these type of songs and may have you wondering was there a guy who hurt Aubrey? Anyway, she continues to sing strongly onto the track as the chorus comes about as she yells out /Straight through skin/ Penetrate to your heart, deeper, stronger, deeper/Burning inside you, a burn you've never known/Painful, dreadful, lethal/ I want you to feel the pain you put me through!/ Straight to/Your heart/Painful. As the chorus soars and Aubrey sings about pain being shot straight into a mans heart who once hurt her. She wants him to feel the pain that he put her through to feel that very same feeling. The aggressiveness of the instruments match perfectly with the aggressiveness of Aubrey's voice. She sings through the second verse with the same emotion, as adlibs of Aubrey's vocals swaying behind her as she coos out aggressively. The chorus then swiftly leaps into place as Aubrey emotionally begins singing the chorus of the song, that has a very obvious sternness to it. As the chorus fades away the bridge takes over

11.Vendetta

The final track! This is where the journey of "Victorious" ends. And Aubrey gives us an empowering farewell with this Mark Ronson produced track. "Vendetta". Although you would think the song would have a some sort of negative vibe to it, but you might be surprised as the beat as the open horns of this face fast paced track come about. There is this strong sensation that soars throughout the track especially when Aubrey begins to start singing. The song has this finale feel to it and fits very well as an ending track. Aubrey sings, unleashing a barrage of lyrics singing about being told that should would never get to where she is today, all the people that doubted her and tried to keep her from getting to where she is, its obvious that this is the "F-my haters" track as she continues to sing. Aubrey's vocals also soar in this track and mix well with the instruments. When the hook comes up, a very enjoyable futuristic backing beat slams onto the track as Aubrey's sound even more haunting. She then begins to brashly sing about how she's now feuding with herself instead of all the others who tried to get in her way. It makes us think whether or not she's speaking to her competitors of the show, her celebrity rivalries she's sprung up over the course of her career, or prior to her fame, the hook seems to be rising before slipping onto the relentless chorus. Aubrey sings "Oh this sweet Vendetta!" on the chorus, embracing this feud she is having with herself as she feelings empowered and strong. There is horns, and drums roaring throughout the chorus with the relentless backing beat of the chorus. The chorus then smoothens out for the next verse of the song as Aubrey begins gushing about "the ones by her side", the ones who always believed in her as much as she believed in herself. You can tell Aubrey is speaking about her supporters who stood by her, making it obvious that despite Aubrey's cockiness, she shows appreciation to the people who got her to where she is. As she finishes singing powerfully for the second verse the hook begins to rise back up, and continues rising with the quick beats tapping behind the futuristic like buildup, and once again Aubrey coos out the chorus adding that prowess roar in the tone of her voice, singing the chorus. The bridge then comes onto the track, all the instruments slow down and "Oooing" vocals and sounds are heard by a backup troup with handclaps giving it a massive jazz feeling as Aubrey joins in "Ooo...I'm coming for you, I'm coming for you! Aubrey I'm coming for you!" Seeming to be singing to herself, symbolically making it seem like she must beat herself, or out do herself. She belts out a final high note before the chorus unleashing as Aubrey sings the chorus one more time harder then she did before, with the instruments and backing beat of the track becoming bigger as Aubrey adds that growl to her vocals and holds the final note for the ending of the track, followed by more "Oooing" as the song comes to an haunting stop as the final track off of "Victorious" comes to an end.

The R&B star, Aubrey Mikkel gives her listeners an exciting experience through not only heartbreak, love, and self confidence but also travels into topics of depression, opening up about things that we didn't even know Aubrey held in her "cold heart" so to say. Maybe Aubrey isn't as cold as people say she is. The album is now available for purchase, enjoy. What do you think?

ALBUM IN STORES NOW! GET YOUR COPY!

(Thank you for reading! - Jaime:)

Edited by user 22 October 2012 13:37:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Walton on 22/10/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 23/10/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/10/2012(UTC), erich hess on 23/10/2012(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/10/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/10/2012(UTC)
Offline DuHastMich  
#4 Posted : 22 October 2012 16:58:46(UTC)
DuHastMich

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Rich: our guitar player loves this album, your style of music is just hitting Germany. We are a metal band but have diverse taste in music. If you ever come over here stop by the studio and rock out with us. MiKe the guitar player is telling me to tell you that your amazing and beautiful!
Suicide Party
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 22 October 2012 21:38:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: DuHastMich Go to Quoted Post
Rich: our guitar player loves this album, your style of music is just hitting Germany. We are a metal band but have diverse taste in music. If you ever come over here stop by the studio and rock out with us. MiKe the guitar player is telling me to tell you that your amazing and beautiful!

Aubrey: Thank you. I'll be sure to get to Germany during the tour. And tell your guitar player...I doubt he'd ever be able to handle me.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 23 October 2012 03:36:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Catch Aubrey Mikkel on 106 n' Park where she talks her new album, important tour information and whether or not she has "first album jitters". Stay tuned!

Edited by user 23 October 2012 03:37:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#7 Posted : 23 October 2012 04:05:07(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
ooc: Really, really awesome job on all of this Jaime it's great :)

Jason: Aubrey Mikkel Jesus Christ you are amazing I love you Aubrey every single track on this album is amazing it's impossible for me to pick a favorite you know it's not very often that you find someone as beautiful and talented as you are and the fact that you're just being yourself makes it all so much better this album is honestly flawless

Andrea: Hey I wanted to just say I really love your voice and there are so many amazing tracks on this album however my favorite is "Give Me Strength" I barely ever cry when it comes to music and but that track brought me to tears I can relate to it so much I really loved this album great job Aubrey
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 23 October 2012 07:55:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8551 time(s) in 2683 post(s)
Alicia: This is a wonderful collection of music and it's certainly great to see that you became a worthy winner of the StarFactory competition, as well as the fact that you're pushing RnB music back up the charts, the songs are great, in particular 'My Pride' which is an early favourite of mine. Great job Aubrey, It's clear that this is just the beginning.

OOC: Good job, the detail in the track synopsis are great.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 23 October 2012 11:22:00(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
ooc: Really, really awesome job on all of this Jaime it's great :)

Jason: Aubrey Mikkel Jesus Christ you are amazing I love you Aubrey every single track on this album is amazing it's impossible for me to pick a favorite you know it's not very often that you find someone as beautiful and talented as you are and the fact that you're just being yourself makes it all so much better this album is honestly flawless

Andrea: Hey I wanted to just say I really love your voice and there are so many amazing tracks on this album however my favorite is "Give Me Strength" I barely ever cry when it comes to music and but that track brought me to tears I can relate to it so much I really loved this album great job Aubrey

Aubrey: I been working hard if you couldn't see and I'm going to say thank you for listening and enjoying this. You always been a nice dude and have supported what I've done, and I can't be a bitch about that, so thanks for showing some love. @Andrea Thanks girl! That's song is a deep one, and if you can connect to it and enjoy it that's all that really matters. I wanted to make material that was true, not some generic bullshit. So thank you for listening.

OOC: Aww thank you a lot, I'm glad you liked the read.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 23 October 2012 11:30:25(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Alicia: This is a wonderful collection of music and it's certainly great to see that you became a worthy winner of the StarFactory competition, as well as the fact that you're pushing RnB music back up the charts, the songs are great, in particular 'My Pride' which is an early favourite of mine. Great job Aubrey, It's clear that this is just the beginning.

OOC: Good job, the detail in the track synopsis are great.

Aubrey: Thank you Alicia. You been known this, but you are probably one of the tiny group of people I got respect for. You're not like these other chicks, you know realness in music because you are real. I ride or die for R&B music and I feel like all due respect, it needs to be resurrected on a broader spectrum and I've told you this, this album means so much to me and I'm glad you appreciate what I'm doing for not only myself but for R&
B itself.

OOC: Thank you. Since they don't exactly add too much lyrics as I intend on writing full lyrics for the singles, I had to make up for it in the descriptions :). Thank you for reading!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#11 Posted : 23 October 2012 11:51:30(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
ooc: jeez,i wish i could do that. the best i can come up with is "uh,this song rips off buddy holly." fantastic job. fun fact,"killing me softly" reminded me. years ago i met roberta flack. such a great woman.

erich: i think this is one of those few "perfect" releases. you put it on,and just let it fill the room.it curls around your toes,and eventually makes it's way to your mind.it's kinda like injecting heroin into your toes.only a lot less painful and a lot better for you.

karoliena:comparing an artist's works to "injecting heroin between your toes." nice.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#12 Posted : 23 October 2012 11:57:52(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity: To be honest Aubrey, I feel like you're bringing R&B back to the top. I really love every song on here. Keep doing you :)

OOC: AMAZING job on this! :)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 23 October 2012 12:09:50(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
ooc: jeez,i wish i could do that. the best i can come up with is "uh,this song rips off buddy holly." fantastic job. fun fact,"killing me softly" reminded me. years ago i met roberta flack. such a great woman.

erich: i think this is one of those few "perfect" releases. you put it on,and just let it fill the room.it curls around your toes,and eventually makes it's way to your mind.it's kinda like injecting heroin into your toes.only a lot less painful and a lot better for you.

karoliena:comparing an artist's works to "injecting heroin between your toes." nice.

OOC: Lol, but your writings are always VERY funny and enjoyable to read no matter what it's about. Even things like "uh,this song rips off buddy holly." would have me laughing because your RP style is so much different then everyone else's on here. You make your RP style your own so writing stuff like that works for you! But thank you, I've put alot of work on these these descriptions since I'm a good song writersometimes lol so I had to make up for it. Thanks for reading though! :) Glad you enjoyed it.

Aubrey: Yeah, Roberta Flack is that chick, so its Lauryn Hill. I was putting everything into this because I wanted it to be "perfect". I'm happy you're saying this because I've been saying it too. Thanks for the support, and that heroin mess? I don't know how that feels...and I damn for sure don't know why you would know how that feels. :S @Karoliena Riiight?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/10/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#14 Posted : 23 October 2012 12:13:34(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
ooc:thank you,i use that to cover my lousy music rp'ing.Shhh

karoliena: i've never done that!!!

erich:it was a dare...i dont recommend it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#15 Posted : 23 October 2012 12:16:20(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: You did your thing on "Savior" , "My Pride", & "Fire Burning". You rocked this album. Congrats boo!

O'Bryan Richmond: I gotta get you on a track. I don't know a girl our age, who sings like you. Music to my ears. Leitterally, am loving it.

OOC: You rocked this RP. The songs you picked for the album, the details in which you described them. Everything was done to the tee. You and Geocidal King are running neck and neck in the album thread department lol. Great work ;)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#16 Posted : 23 October 2012 12:40:21(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Serenity: To be honest Aubrey, I feel like you're bringing R&B back to the top. I really love every song on here. Keep doing you :)

OOC: AMAZING job on this! :)

Aubrey: Oh, you feel like that girl? I do too! We got something in common. Glad you liking everything I included, and you know me, I'll do me ;). You keep doing you girl.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#17 Posted : 23 October 2012 12:47:02(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
ooc:thank you,i use that to cover my lousy music rp'ing.Shhh

karoliena: i've never done that!!!

erich:it was a dare...i dont recommend it.

OOC: I've never noticed that you were a 'lousy' RP'er, I always felt that it's quite unique lol. And no problem

Aubrey: Trust me, I ain't coming any type of needles!

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: You did your thing on "Savior" , "My Pride", & "Fire Burning". You rocked this album. Congrats boo!

O'Bryan Richmond: I gotta get you on a track. I don't know a girl our age, who sings like you. Music to my ears. Leitterally, am loving it.

OOC: You rocked this RP. The songs you picked for the album, the details in which you described them. Everything was done to the tee. You and Geocidal King are running neck and neck in the album thread department lol. Great work ;)

Aubrey: Tisha, you always been my girl from day mothafucken one and you know I had to slay, I told you that at the FCA's...glad you liking what's going on with the album. Thank you girl, we HAVE to chill soon. @O'Bryan Richmond Eyyy. I gotta set myself apart right boo? I can't be like everyone one else. Thank you for showing some love boy.

OOC: Aww thank you! I've had this album formatted with the tracks and what not for some time. It was writing them out and making them Aubrey's was the tougher part lol. I'm really glad you liked the read :) and really? I think Scott (genocidalking) has experience over me in that department and his writings are always amazing among others on here. Thanks for the compliment, it means alot girl!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#18 Posted : 23 October 2012 14:55:52(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

As the camera's fade in from commercial break, BET hosts Rocsi and Terrence J are standing smiling into the camera, Terrence picks up the mix first looking directly into the cameras

Terrence J: And we are back at 106 & Park top 10 live and we have a very special guest here with us here tonight.

Rocsi then smiles, knowing her cue to start speaking. She pulls the mic up to her mouth speaking clearly into the microphone.

Rocsi: That's right, she's climb her way up the charts starting out as being an extra on video sets to making her way over to a singing competition, in which she won and has released her debut album today....some call her the hellcat, but she calls herself the Savior. Everyone, please welcome ...AUBREY MIKKEL!

As "Fire's Burning" starts playing loudly throughout the studio. The 106 & Park audience start clapping loudly for Aubrey as she walks out from the back adorning white jeans, heels with a black vest like corset with long earrings and a bracelet located on her right wrist. She walks with a smile on her face as she fiercely walks out from the back.

UserPostedImage

She comes out and hugs Terrance, giving Rocsi a kiss on her cheek. Aubrey stands there next to them as Rocsi and Terrence both have smiles on their faces

Terrance J: Welcome to the show Aubrey! Lemme just be honest wichu right now, Aubrey I didn't know if I was suppose to be scared of you, or just in awe cause you look fine!

Aubrey laughs along with the crowd she grins

Aubrey : MOVING ON...

Terrance J: Seriously though, people say how you're all mean and what not, should I be scared?

Aubrey laughs once more, looking at him evilly

Aubrey:
You BETTER be scared.....

She laughs looking him deep in the eye, as if she is serious and playing as the same time, she grins once more as Rocsi jumps in

Rocsi: Let me just say welcome to 106&Park! And coming out here as your first stop as your album "VICTORIOUS" hits stores now!!

The audience starts cheering one more time as Aubrey stands their confidently, with a smile coming upon her face

Aubrey: I just wanna say, all the love out there...I'm feelin' it heavy right now. But the album is in stores and I had to come out here. I used to watch 106&Park way back when and always said to myself that I'd be here one day...and so here I am with my album out, I made sure that this was my first stop. Yup! Victorious in stores!

Rocsi smiles along with Terrence

Rocsi: The album has been met with a critical acclaim so far, how does it feel looking back at your previous experiences to where you are in life now?

Aubrey: I mean, I always knew I would be here so I'm not going to stand here and say it's so unbelievable and I'm dreaming but this has always been a dream that I knew I was going to achieve and I made sure I was going to achieve it. No matter how it was. I know people say what they have to say but at the end of the day, it's my life and my previous experiences reflect upon who I am today and today, I'm empowered ...I'm Victorious.

UserPostedImage

Terrance: What statement did you want to make with the album?

Aubrey: You all might think the statement I'm making is that "I'm Victorious", "I'm that chick, bow down to me" and that was not my intentions. Of course, I told myself this record was going to slay and I intend on resurrecting R&B music, but what I really wanted to show through this album was that I have layers. I am a person and I have had conflicts and mis haps and I've been in love, I've had my heartbroken and yeah I'm a confident chick but there is more to me. That has always been the issue with me, coming from that show. You get to see so little, or what the camera's are showing, that a person's perception of you might be miss-interpreted and my confidence that I had and still have now, was taken as me being a total and utter bitch and although I can be one.. that's not all who I am. With this record, I open up for the first time since anyone has gotten to know exactly who I was. I went on that show saying "I'm going to win" and I won. And I went into the studio saying "These supporters of mine will really know me, and know what I'm doing with this album, my statement". Along with getting who I am out on the material, I wanted those people to relate with me in those ways. I know when people listen they're going to be like "Aubrey? This girl was in love?!" which is funny to me because people thought, I was just a ..you know, bitch. And there's so much more to me...

Terrance grins as Rocsi smiles

Rocsi: I won't lie, people say how you're always hard to work with since your attitude is so bad and you want things your way, is that true?

Aubrey: You can't ALWAYS believe what "people" say. I won't lie, I want things my way and once a person can adjust to those things then there's peace love and harmony. That doesn't mean I'm hard to work with, that means I have a vision that needs to be seen in real life. I didn't have this problem when recording my album and when recording with anyone else I've worked with. You have to be professional, and I know how to be professional but get what I want out of it.

Terrance: Do you have first album jitters?

Aubrey:
Not at all. I've been waiting for this moment, a chick is excited not nervous.

Rocsi: Many figures have been saying you are putting R&B back on the map, do you believe so also?

Aubrey grins

Aubrey: I mean, there have been plenty of R&B females before myself. Aside from Alicia Lena, and Tisha, even though I see her more of a pop girl... there hasn't really been a female artist who really pushed pure R&B and soul like I am now. And if they did, they aren't here anymore, they're making their way back NOW.. or at least came and went without even an album or anyone remembering them because people don't pay attention or they just weren't good enough......so when I won the show, and found my place, I do feel like I'm a savior to R&B music. I can't say R&B died and I brought it back to life because Alicia Lena has been going nonstop but there can't only be one and with me here I feel like I'm opening doors for other R&B women. A lot of chicks take this as me being self centered about it but they not understanding that I'm giving them opportunities to put food on their table .. nor do they appreciate it. But R&B has really been rising and it's looking real good for us.

Terrance:
Remember that J'Allen Marie girl? Yall were going at it!

Aubrey laughs

Aubrey: Yeah...who?

Aubrey laughs

Terrance: You don't remember her?

Rocsi: You do....

Aubrey: I really don't though...

Aubrey laughs

Terrance: Anyway, do you have a favorite track on the album?

Aubrey: Well...I really do love the album as a whole, there's so many different things on the album. There's the neo-Soul tracks, the pop influenced ones.. there's just a pool of different things I wanted to go into with the album but Fire's Burning was really something of a standout, that track is hot!

Rocsi: It sure is! That's my song! It went #1 last week, so round of applause

The crowd starts clapping

Aubrey: Thank you. I knew that song was gonna be big.

Terrance: It's been a while since I really heard some R&B on the radio as much as that song has been spinning on not only Urban Radio but Mainstream radio as well...

Aubrey:
Yeah, people really have been supporting it and I appreciate that. They know what's good music.

Rocsi smiles

Rocsi: Girl, you confident.

UserPostedImage

Aubrey: Yeah...I know. And?

Aubrey laughs

Terrance: MAKE sure yall go out and get the album!

He turns to Aubrey

Terrance:
You worked with some great producers on the album including Paul Epworth, Paul NZA
Cecil Remmler, Nevaeh Martinez, Mark Ronson and Dapo Torimiro.. how was it working with them.

Aubrey:
It was a breeze basically. I pretty much had a format of how I wanted the tracks to sound and I worked closely on how each of the tracks were coming about. I don't believe in a producer making the song for the artist and the singer having to sing it like a puppet with a voice, and no say so. I like to be involved with the way my music sounds so each producer was different in their own way. They are all incredibly talented and amazing at making the vision I had of each track come about. They were all very respectable and some like... Dapo, Mark and Nevaeh had me laughin' in that studio.

Aubrey laughs

Rocsi
: Now, I wanted to ask about a track called "Give Me Strength" that I've gotten a chance to listen to. I've never through you could show a side of vulnerability. Where did that derive from?

Aubrey grins

Aubrey:
Being human. We all go through those times, including me. This is exactly why I've decided to get back to that moment and record about it. I wrote that track a while back after some personal issues with family and taking a track and putting it on the album for everyone to hear was a large step for me since people don't exactly know I been through a rough time, you included in that group of people. So it derived from issues I've had where you know, you had to ask that higher being or anything, to give you strength. Thank god now I have all the strength in the world ..but including that track was important for me, so my listeners who have been through a tough time could know, I to.. have been there.

Aubrey then looks around

Aubrey: Hold on yall! MIKE...SHELL..." she looks toward the back

Aubrey whistles and two people come from the back and start touching up Aubrey. Aubrey rudely stops in the between the interview and two people come out from the back and start doing her makeup and her hair. Oddly, the crowd starts cheering. Rocsi looks quite offended and awkwardly stands there, as Terrance stands there looking amused. After about 30 seconds, they walk back into the back.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Aubrey: Yeah yall...

Terrance laughs

Terrance: What was that? Do you have personal maids?

He laughs once more

Aubrey: A maid is someone who cleans up after you, your servant. You mean.... up to par stylists. They're amazing, they are up on they job... Mike and Shelly, those are my peoples. Always ready for when I call them. A girl gotta freshen up when she gotta freshen up.

Rocsi still stands there as Terrance nods

Terrance: Only you Aubrey, only you.

He laughs

Rocsi: I wanted to ask about is Barbarian, what do you think about her?

Aubrey grins

Aubrey: I think she's coming up. She had a smart little comment said about my voice that I laughed about...that clearly made her sound like a hater. I know she released a song, it wasn't R&B at all and I know a singer must not limit themselves....but it was all bouncy and all over the place, hopefully her next offering will be more......hmm...convincing. Don't call yourself an R&B artist if you won't ride or die for what it is...you're more like a floater or a false claimer *laughs*. But if she insists that she is with this R&B movement then I condone her. She just gotta watch that mouth of hers, though.

Terrance: Oooo...shots fired?

Aubrey laughs

Aubrey: Nah, I'm not the one pulling the trigger, I'm the bullet!

All three of them begin to laugh

Rocsi: When you announced the album, you also announced a tour... when will this tour kick off an will you have any openers for the tour?

Aubrey: Yup! We just finalized the dates and they should be up in the next few days... the tour will be in support of "Victorious". I know alot want to see me back on stage and the tour will be huge. I love hitting stage, that's where I shine .. and what's gotten me here today so I've very excited about it. I'll be hitting places I've never been to but that's what's touring is all about. This tour is the shit! And yes, there will be others on the tour supporting. That will be announced too, and you know me. I won't get no slouches on my tour. This gotta be a live show worth watching, not that lip syncing, whorey nonsense that a lot of these girls get all this money for. But the two acts I've got for this really works. We ready. So look out for the dates and venues to be revealed before the months end.

Terrence:
Before you go Aubrey, I want to say thank you for stopping by and you are beautiful. Wish here, wish you all the best and congrats on the success and the new album.

Rocsi: That's right girl! The album Victorious, go out and get it as it's in stores now everybody!

Rocsi smiles at Aubrey

Aubrey: Thank y'all. 106!!

The crowd applause's loudly as the show goes to commercial break.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 23 October 2012 15:16:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 24/10/2012(UTC), Walton on 24/10/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#19 Posted : 24 October 2012 00:26:05(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: It's clear you've worked hard on this record Aubrey, so I'm really hoping it pays off, which I'm sure it will. It's just really refreshing to hear music from someone with a voice like yours, and I can safely say this is one of the strongest debuts this year.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#20 Posted : 24 October 2012 02:44:50(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Dominic: Damn girl, u somthin fierce. I like dat tho. Big ups to u doin yo thing n continue to keep dat R&B alive.

Kourtney: I love a variety of music and I have to say you're one of my favorites when it comes to R&B. I'm loving the album and I can't wait until your tour dates release. I'll definitely come check out one of your shows.

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley