logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#61 Posted : 21 May 2012 03:44:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
BLOG UPDATE/20 MAY, 2012

UserPostedImage

Hey everybody, what’s going on with you beautiful freaks?

It’s been quite a while since we last updated you all from our website, it’s been a rather busy few months to say the least and my sister and I have been working hard, we’ve done a lot of travelling recently which is always enjoyable, mostly back and forth from London to California but such is the burden of being professional musicians, we’ve had lots of fun wherever we’ve been, so it’s all good ;)
The reason for the travelling back and forth to California is good news for you all, at least I hope it’s good news for you all. We’ve spent the past few months recording our debut album and I just so happen to be writing this blog update from a recording studio in Los Angeles, some of the finished tracks are literally within touching distance and will hopefully become the soundtrack to many of your hot freaky summer evenings, I swear to god the perfect way to listen to this album will be outside in the sun with a bunch of friends and vodka shots … at least that’s the way I’d choose to listen to it anyway.

Summer is without doubt the best time of year, it’s like a three month party in the sun, what is there not to like? Just spend your days out at the beach and your nights in your garden rocking some old school music under the stars with friends while tipsy … not inebriated though, just drunk enough so the next morning you remember what happened and that you’re not so hung-over to not wanna do the same when the evening comes around again, it’s a feeling that cannot be beaten.
Sometimes you just can’t help but let loose though, I recently went out for a couple of drinks with friends in Camden and woke up the next day in a Paris hotel room with those same friends, I still have no idea why we ended up out there but I’m sure there’s a worthy explanation, anyway I got to spend a couple of days in Paris so I ain’t gonna complain and it also resulted in my writing a song about the experience so all in all it was a worthwhile morning after :P

But my sister and I will remain hard at work in the studio for the next couple of weeks as we put the finishing touches to our debut album. An album title, tracklisting, album art and release date will no doubt follow in the next month and hopefully you guys will have a new Pretty Little Freaks album to listen to while you enjoy your summer misadventures. That’s all for now;

Mia xoxo
thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 21/05/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 21/05/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 21/05/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#62 Posted : 09 July 2012 21:38:34(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Pretty Little Freaks, made up by twin sisters, Jade and Mia Clark, arrived on the music scene earlier last year, providing the industry with a fresh new sound. Their debut single, “Hell For Leather,” took the world by storm, gaining them a great start to a promising career and a loyal fan base as well. Soon after they dropped their much exclaimed EP, “Memoirs of a Freak.” The EP received great praise, peaking in at #4 on the album charts, causing many to think that the pop-rock duo had no where to go but up from there. Which is why it came as no surprise when the girls were picked up by one of the major labels today, Chaos Records. Much later in 2012 they set off to begin work on their debut album, releasing “Little Heaven (Escape)” featuring Aaron Marks, as the lead single. Now, after a long wait and several setbacks, their debut album, “Underneath The Blue Moonlight,” is finally here.

---

Apology - To be effective, the opening song to any album has to do one of many things. For starters, it must set the theme/tone for the overall album. It also must entice listeners to advance to the next song by giving off a great first impression. "Apology" does just that. With its catchy hooks and lyrics, the song puts you into a great mood. Though the content of the lyrics are speaking about the difficulty of a relationship, it isn't the typical ballad type song but instead it's energetic. It's the perfect start to the album and will leave you wanting more. 10/10

Bitterness! Anger! Confusion! - With such a great start to the album with the previous track, it was quite a disappointment when you advance to the next one. This song had much potential, with the lyrics being catchy and the girls' vocals being on point, but the production of the song is simply horrid. Leaving me to label this one as a hit and a miss. 4/10

Underneath The Blue Moonlight - Taking on the name of the album, this track is quite an improvement from the previous one. Its theme and wonderful lyrics makes it the perfect song for summer and the piano section goes along well with the lyrics. However, the unexpected end to the song and the last minute change up at the end, does quite some damage but the wonderful production makes you want to overlook it. 8/10

(That’s When I See) You Were Made For Me - The emotional piano introduction at the beginning of this track deems this song worthy of being one of my favorites songs on the album. Jade's soft vocals and Mia's aggressive vocals going back and forth over the track are the main highlights of this song. It's the perfect song to skip to if you're looking for something a bit softer. 9/10

While I Smile (Don’t Think I’m Happy) - For this track, Mia takes a solo role with her sister, Jade, backing her up by playing an acoustic guitar. Though the song is much too short, Mia does a great job, proving that she doesn't need her sister to make a good song. If it ever came down to this band splitting up, Mia has a promising career as a solo artist. 7/10

Dancing In The Sun - Another great track that fits well with the summer theme of this album. It's energetic and playful lyrics is a great addition to the album and has the same quality as the opening song, "Apology" does. In my opinion this should be released as a single as it portrays the summer vibe that the overall album makes up. 10/10

Little Heaven (Escape) ft. Aaron Marks - Released as the leading single, this track proves to be a wise choice for the girls. It starts off kind of slow at first but as you keep listening it begins to pick up and becomes more upbeat. The girls' vocals are perfect as expected but Aaron Marks' vocals kick things up a notch. It's no wonder it was so successful. 9/10

Contradiction - Jade takes the lead on this one, making you instantly fall in love with its relaxed tone. Her angelic like voice and the way she hits those high notes perfectly keeps you memorize throughout the entire song. The meaning behind this song is great for a variety of audiences to be able to relate to. 8/10

Lose That Feeling - This particular track is not one of the best songs on the album but instead is okay. Its lyrics are a bit mediocre and doesn't have that "wow" factor like the previous tracks have. Though the girl's vocals are great, the production ruins the song. If it were up to me, this song would have never made the final cut onto the album. 3/10

Farewell - Just like Mia did on an earlier track on the album, Jade shows what she can do on a solo track of her own. Its a great song with a powerful meaning. The only downside being that this track is overwhelmed with too much instrumental. I'd have much preferred Jade singing a bit more but all the same the production proved to be great. 5/10

Hold On Tight - Being the second single to be released and the final song, this track ends the entire album perfectly with its great vocals and "fun" beat. Unfortunately the single didn't debut so well but nonetheless, it's still a pretty great track. Perhaps maybe a collaboration is needed to make it top hit quality. 9/10

---

Overall, the album is great but it's not brilliant like you would have expected from someone who started off so promising. Though it was well worth the wait, I would have liked to have seen more collaborations throughout the album. Nonetheless, it has some incredible songs and talks about subjects that everyone can relate to in some way, especially the teenage audience. I recommend people to buy this album for its solid production, aside from a few songs, its well written lyrics, and its great vocals. Anxious to see what PLF do next.

Reviewed by: Kourtney Hilton
Album Rating: 82/110 = 75 C+
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 3 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2012(UTC), erich hess on 10/07/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/07/2012(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#63 Posted : 09 July 2012 21:46:16(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: You girls were my very first review. Hope you like it!
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#64 Posted : 09 July 2012 21:50:39(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Josh: Nice to see you girls getting some recognition here. There are a few points I have to disagree with though. One is the fact that there could have been more collaborations. Why? PLF wrote an album. Why bring in more people to just name check? It seems daft. Personally though, I see most, not all but most, collaborations as being little more than a marketing ploy to sell more records by riding on the back of someone else's success. I think it's wonderful that PLF took their opportunity to write and record their own music. Also, what does 75C+ mean?

OOC: Nice work on the review :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2012(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#65 Posted : 09 July 2012 22:01:55(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: @Josh No offense but an album without some collaborations is typically boring. Don't get me wrong though, I find PLF to be a lovely group. Its just that the album was a little bit short you know. I wanted more. Nothing wrong with that right?

ooc: Thank you. To explain the 75 and the C+ thing I just put the number and the letter rating. Plus the 110 comes from multiply the number of songs by 10. There's different ways of rating an album, doesn't always have to be just out of 100. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline genocidal king  
#66 Posted : 09 July 2012 22:07:45(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Josh: Well with all due respect, you have a very narrow vision of music. I would estimate that you only like one brand of music or at most very few. Were the Beatles albums boring? No one collaborated on them. We all have very different opinions on music though, which is why there is such wonderful diversity in the industry. We can't all like the same things, I just don't like when albums are littered with special guests. You can't exactly recreate it perfectly on tour after all.

OOC: Haha cool, I just wondered why the number of 110 had been chosen but that makes perfect sense, quite a good way to do it actually with rating each song. :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#67 Posted : 10 July 2012 00:41:00(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
erich: hotter than the great london fire....and the music isnt too bad either.

karoliena:....nice.

erich: it's been ages since i've been lecherous towards the fine ladies of this industry. its high time i start again.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/07/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#68 Posted : 10 July 2012 02:20:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Jade: Aw thank you Mr. Hess, it's nice to hear from you again :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 10/07/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#69 Posted : 10 July 2012 02:25:29(UTC)
Walton

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity: The album was great! I purchased my copy over at HMV the other day. My favourite track is 'Contradiction' but I love all the other tracks too! Can't wait to hear the second album :)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#70 Posted : 05 November 2013 10:04:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

The Freaks Come Out At Night
"It's been SUCH a long time but it's happening! Mia and I have been in the studio working on new music for you guys and it took a little longer than we expected. We've been taking unbelievable trips in order to get inspired and trust me, we have! We traveled to Australia, Africa, Asia, and America. It's been a process but we're really confident in our new music and hopefully you guys will stick along a little longer in order to hear it. We're attempting to pick our first single, which is another process in itself if you know us :P. It won't be long now though so we hope you'll still be there. My sister and I are both so excited and so happy to be going through this whirlwind all over again but it's always worth it. I just wanted to update you guys on that! Remember, stay freaky <3" - Jade

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 05/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 05/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 05/11/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 05/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 05/11/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 05/11/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#71 Posted : 05 November 2013 13:05:59(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
OOC: I can't wait to see what you've got in store for PLF Tequila. :)
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/11/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#72 Posted : 05 November 2013 13:10:55(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I can't wait to see what you've got in store for PLF Tequila. :)

OOC: Thanks! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#73 Posted : 01 February 2014 14:16:32(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Length:
3:59

Description
PLF drop their latest single Bond after announcing they were back last year in November after Jade posted a blog. After a few weeks, they were mysterious as to any details about the single, only tweeting the song title and a few lyrics from the song but now it's finally here. After the two seemingly did much better than expected in 2011, dropping a few singles before their debut EP and album. Both were received well and it seemed like the possibilities were endless. After touring, they went quiet for over 2 years but then towards the end of 2013, they rattled their fans with news of a new album and single coming this year.

Their new single, Bond is an indie rock track that vastly differs from their previous releases. Jade starts off the song with her soft vocals, using her twin sister Mia as background shouting out her uplifting 'Hey!'. In between the lines, you hear the bouncy guitars and melodic drums, making up the beat. When the two of them join forces in the chorus, it's almost if they form their own bond over their own words. The beat now picks up with keyboards being introduced. A combination of chants and encouraging whistles that imitate the beat, also make up this fun yet hopeful song of the two girls and their journeys of being on tour for the first time. The sisters work well together, their voices sounding eerily similar but it's not hard to pinpoint who is who. Jade has the louder voice when it comes to singing and Mia has a more stronger yet low vocals which combined together makes effortless harmony. They switch it up when Jade shows some more of her voice, prolonging the notes at the end of 'so cool', the 'oo's' prominent in her voice. Towards the middle of the song, a small instrumental takes place with just the beat and the whistling happening. When they come back, Jade leads off again until they join in the chorus. Both are allowed their opportunity to shine, something they have learned to control over the course of each of their singles.

Jade's Comment
"Bond is one of those records that doesn't really seem like it's what the title suggests, which I think is cool. The lyrics reflect a period of times where they are away from home and things have changed, they aren't the same people anymore but yet their family, their friends, they remain the same. My sister and I wrote this years back when we were going on tour for the first time. It was kind of weird because we'd never been away from the comfort of our own home that long. But it's about having that solid rock and unbreakable bond with someone, our parents and friends, that allowed us to get through it and remember one of the reasons we were doing what we loved." - Jade

Mia's Comment
"It's different from our previous tracks, in fact our new music is a lot different. There's more of I guess, experimenting that went on as compared to when we thought we knew what we wanted to sound like. We're most likely going to be doing that throughout our career. It's uptempo and groovy. (Laughs) You can jam to it you know? It's been a while since we released anything so we wanted to start off on a good and clean way. We didn't want to sound the same like we did a few years ago. A lot of our tracks now, we've grown in our songwriting and it's going to be interesting. If you know us, I mean really know us, it's going to be surprising." - Mia

Olive- Jade
Red - Mia
Black - Together

Remember (Hey!)
To be back home before the winter
Don't go all over the place
(Hey!)
Oh you're paying?
I'll repay you with a thousand
It's not important anyway
(Hey!)

We must be losing our touch
You don't seem to rush
So we just take our own sweet time
(Hey!)
We're heading into the sun
We hope we don't learn
Too much to erase what's right

(Hey!)

We're burning it down, right to the ground
The city never looked so cool
(So cool)
(Hey!)
They ask what it's about
Secrets coming out
But I won't ever let go of you
(Of you)
(Hey!)

Distance
A heart don't know about distance
Of a big town
Have you figured it out yet?
Something so beautifully mysterious
Even when we're not around (Hey!)

You never ask us for much
You don't seem to rush
So we just take our own sweet time (Hey!)
We hope we don't learn
(Hey!)

(So cool)
(Hey!)
They ask what it's about
Secrets coming out
(Of you)
(Yeah!)

(Instrumental break)

Just push us (Hey!)
Beyond the points we can think of
Bending but never break
(Hey!)
And we're coming back now (Now)
A million different experiences
To get over heartache
(Hey!)

You never ask us for much
You don't seem to rush
So we just take our own sweet time
(Hey!)
We hope we don't learn

(Hey!)

(Cool)
(Hey!)
They ask what it's about
Secrets coming out
(Of you)

We're burning it down
(Hey!)
(Bond!)

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 01/02/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 01/02/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 01/02/2014(UTC), erich hess on 01/02/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 02/02/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/02/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/02/2014(UTC), kandii on 19/02/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 23/02/2014(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#74 Posted : 02 February 2014 05:46:53(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alex: This song is really different from some of the stuff I've been hearing lately and that's a really good thing I love the sound and the lyrics a great as well and you both sound amazing on this song really good job girls (:

ooc: Good job on this Tequila :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/02/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#75 Posted : 02 February 2014 06:21:52(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Glamazon: Alright, I'm going to confess something I've thought for ages... are you sure you girls aren't missing a sister or something? Because I think we could be related, I'm so fucking sure of it. Even if we're not, we can be soul sisters, because you're both disturbingly gorgeous with very good music and that's enough for me to love you. Fabulous.

OOC: Love the lyrics, very good job. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/02/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#76 Posted : 02 February 2014 10:45:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alex: This song is really different from some of the stuff I've been hearing lately and that's a really good thing I love the sound and the lyrics a great as well and you both sound amazing on this song really good job girls (:

ooc: Good job on this Tequila :)

Jade: Thanks Alex :) That's, in a nutshell, what we wanted to aim for. We were totally tying to do something completely different for ourselves and seeing it turned out nice is great for future planning!

OOC: Thank you very much :)

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Glamazon: Alright, I'm going to confess something I've thought for ages... are you sure you girls aren't missing a sister or something? Because I think we could be related, I'm so fucking sure of it. Even if we're not, we can be soul sisters, because you're both disturbingly gorgeous with very good music and that's enough for me to love you. Fabulous.

OOC: Love the lyrics, very good job. :)

Mia: Hell yeah, we'd love to be related to you Glamazon ;) We could be, for all I know I probably ate her in the womb haha, but thank you very much. We'd love to be your soul sisters, who would pass up that chance? You stay gorgeously disturbing as well!

OOC: Thank you very much :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#77 Posted : 03 February 2014 05:32:39(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
Amy: It's great to see you girls back making some new music! Sounds quite different from the stuff that you released previously, but sometimes change is good! This is a really cool track, I really love the chorus too, "they ask what it's about, secrets coming out ..." I'm gonna be singing it for weeks ... sorry if I murder your song in the process! Awesome stuff though! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/02/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#78 Posted : 03 February 2014 05:36:23(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Sabrina: I absolutely dig this song it rocks girls nice job great comeback :)

OOC - nice job I love the artwork for this :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#79 Posted : 03 February 2014 23:00:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Amy: It's great to see you girls back making some new music! Sounds quite different from the stuff that you released previously, but sometimes change is good! This is a really cool track, I really love the chorus too, "they ask what it's about, secrets coming out ..." I'm gonna be singing it for weeks ... sorry if I murder your song in the process! Awesome stuff though! :)

Mia: Thanks, an I'm sure you'll kill it in a good way :P

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Sabrina: I absolutely dig this song it rocks girls nice job great comeback :)

OOC - nice job I love the artwork for this :)

Jade: Thank you :) Love your track as well!

Ooc: Thanks :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#80 Posted : 03 February 2014 23:36:52(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Oscar: It's amazing seeing you girls back on the map and releasing great music. Was pleasantly surprised upon hearing this song, it's very different to your previous material. It is already my favourite song from you ladies and I thought your past material would be hard to top. Well done girls :)

ooc: Excellent work as always. Well done :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.