logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline infinite135  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2010 05:29:29(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Since emerging in the music scene last year, Infinite has been hailed by critics and music fans as one of the most talented alternative bands in recent history. Comprised of Eric Quillington, Greg Oldson, and Matt Roberts, their music has always been as original and cliche-avoiding as possible. The trio grew up in Teignmouth, and formed Infinite in their final year of school. Their debut single, Styx, was recorded when they were 19 and released a year later. The piano-driven song screamed of overblown pretension, but something in it's thoughtful lyrics struck a chord with the underground audience. With a rapidly developing fanbase and a moderately successful single, backing them up, Infinite went into the studio to record their debut EP. The original idea was for the EP, titled PROTOTYPE, to have 6 original songs and six covers, but the recording sessions grew out of hand. A stylistic change from electronica and piano-driven rock to brooding alternative music marked the shift of focus towards making a debut album. After more than six months in the studio, Infinite finished what became their first album; Blue Nebula. The album, with it's wide lyrical subject matter from aliens to revolution, won acclaim from critics, and the band was soon given a support position on Saburben Sunrise's current tour. Two of the singles released from the album, Supernova and Fusion Paranoia, were given much airplay on radio stations. This sudden jump from unknown to respected band put Infinite in a state of lethargy for much of this period, and Eric Quillington's aggressive stage persona and sarcastic attitude towards interviews were a prime example of the feelings during this time.

Soon, however, Infinite both embraced their success and began showing eagerness to experiment and evolve with their sound. Their second album, Midnight Skies, was recorded in a much quicker period of time and showed a band at peace with their lifestyle. The lyrics of the album were similarly matured; the dark and outlandish themes of the first album were replaced by a focused concept of dreams. Critics and fans of the band applauded the album, acknoledging the leap forward it represented. This release signified the band's break from cult status into mainstream appeal; both the album, and the first single off of it (Problems with Pluto), went straight to the top of their respective charts. Greg Oldson's near-fatal car accident almost permanently killed all momentum the band had been building. Following a period of relative inactivity as their drummer healed, Infinite quietly began recording their next album. Taking cues from a wide variety of influences, including classical and ambient music, Insomnia was a much more schizophrenic album than it's predecessors. Despite it's eccentricities, the album still went on to become Infinite's most acclaimed work thus far, earning a Birdie award for 'Best Album' on the same night 'Best Band' was also bestowed upon the trio. The same awards were later won at @Chaos Awards.

Unfortunately, the result of this enormous success was the beginning of the end for Eric Quillington's time with the band. The pressures of leading one of the most newly famous bands in the world drove him to a wild and almost cliched lifestyle for a rock singer. But, while his eccentric behavior continued to alienate fans, the band's next album showed that the frontman, deep down, was the same person he'd always shown himself to be in the past. Dancing about Architecture was Infinite's most mature record to date, eschewing all otherworldly themes in favor of deep introspection and soul cleansing. The ending of the album found Quillington at his most peaceful and content, but, sadly, this mood would not last. Within weeks of the album's release, he announced that he would be leaving the band due to his contraction of Huntington's, and that Amelia Florentine would serve as his replacement. One final album, however, will be released with his songwriting and playing. Although the release date of Light in Motion is currently unannounced, it will reportedly serve as a fitting final bow for the legendary singer as well as an introduction to Amelia Florentine's stylings.

Following Eric Quillington's death, however, the band has split up out of respect for their former frontman. The three surviving members of Infinite have gone separate ways to achieve their own individual goals. Fans still mourning over the band's tragic end can at least be comforted by the knowledge that Light in Motion has yet to be released.

Edited by user 31 May 2012 03:26:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#2 Posted : 16 April 2010 04:39:46(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

First off, I want to congratulate all those that one awards at the Birdies. Our band has decided to lay low during this period, due to the fact that we aren't yet good enough to enter the Birdies, and we don't feel like drawing too much attention to ourselves at such an early point in our career. Maybe we'll run for the next Birdies, but we don't want to rush ourselves. Music always comes first for us.

Although we don't feel as though we're good enough to enter competitions like the Birdies, we are on the verge of (hopefully) releasing our first single. We've sort of over-extended ourselves in trying to release a debut EP, so we think this might be the better way to go. Instead of making an EP with a few good songs, and a bunch of rushed and horrible ones, we decided a single with three high-quality songs would be a much better thing for our fans.

The main song off of this single is called Styx, and it's sort of an untraditional rock song. There are so many songs about love, lonelyness, self-hated; even though many of them are really good, we decided to try and make something a little different. I came up with the idea after listening to a few Radiohead songs (Idioteque, Pyramid Song, etc.) over and over, which kind of annoyed my band mates, but I'm sure they were happy with the result. The song Styx is about the Greek afterlife, going to the afterlife in a rowboat. The narrator of the song is describing the awful things he's seeing, as well as feeling a sense of disappointment and bitterness over a life wasted.

The second song off of the single is called Fog, and it's more or less a song of paranoia, not knowing what's behind the fog. It's a simple idea, but we wanted the song to communicate a feeling of fear though the melody rather than the lyrics. The third song is called Drifting, and it's an instrumental song we created during our work with Sage Thrasher. It's the most upbeat song on the single, even though there are no lyrics or singing of any kind in it. We know that this single has three radically different songs, but we hope our fans enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed making it. If not, this is only our first try; our next one will be even better!

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

Edited by user 11 September 2010 02:37:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#3 Posted : 27 April 2010 07:22:46(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Interviewer: Hello audience, I'm Richard Alster! Tonight on my show, we interview the new band Infinite, who's debut single "Styx", sold over 200,000 copies in it's first month. First off; congratulations on your success!
Matt: How... how is that a success?
Eric: *staring at the ceiling with a spacy look on his face* "Try to realize it's all within yourself, no one else can make you change." Godamnit, why can't I write lyrics like that...
Greg: Oh, uhm, thank you Mr. Alster! We really worked hard on our first effort, and we hope our fanbase enjoyed it.

Interviewer: I'm sure they did! The song is a bit different from other songs out there, from it's sound to it's lyrical meaning. How would you describe it?
Greg: Oh, you'd have to ask Eric; he's the musical genius of the band.
Eric: *still staring at the ceiling* I am he, as you are he, as you are me, we are all together.
Greg: Well, he... usually is...
Matt: This interview is going well.

Interviewer: Matt, you always seem to be vague and unresponsive during interviews, why is that?
Matt: *sarcastically* Good lord, do I really seem that way??
Eric: Oh, you just have to ask him the right questions. FOR EXAMPLE!; Matt, were you actually playing your bass at last night's show?
Matt: Yeahhh.... why?
Eric: Because I couldn't hear anything.
Matt: DO YOU WANNA F*CKING DIE?!

Interviewer: You all seem to be acting a bit... nervous? Should I take a commercial break while you calm down?
Greg: Oh, it's alright, we're fine. Just haven't been interviewed on television before, it's a bit of an eye-opener. Anyways, do you have any other questions for us?

Interviewer: Oh, yes, uhm... what are your current future plans for the band?
Eric: Oh, well, y'see-
Greg: Eric, maybe... maybe I should answer this one.
Eric: *goes back to staring at the ceiling*
Greg: Well, after the reasonable success of Styx, we plan on making a music video for it. We're still coming up with ideas, but we already have a director interested in the project.

Interviewer: And his name is..?
Greg: Oh, we want to kind of keep all the stuff under wraps at the moment, it's gonna be a bit of a surprise for our fans.
Eric: Well, for our future plans-
Greg: We're talking about the music video.
Eric: And you said it needs to be a secret, stop taunting our poor fans. We've got a few songs developed, and we originally were planning on an EP for this month, but we don't particularly feel like rushing it. So far, we've got about four studeo quality songs done. Styx, a song about the Greek afterlife, is the one everybody knows about. We've also got a happy, euphoric song called Supernova. I liked it so much I named our website after it. We've also got Fusion Paranoia and Occam's Razor, two songs I wrote about my views on revolution.
Matt: Wow, pretty coherant speech for a drunk man.

Interviewer: Wait, are you actually drunk?
Eric: See, Greg told us not to get high, because he didn't want us to fuck up the live interview.
Matt: So, Eric and I just drunk about 5 bottles of vodka, I admit it was his idea.
Eric: *tapping his forehead* See how smart I am?
Greg: *with head in hands* I think I'm gonna cry...
Eric: Anyways, let's not let that spoil the interview! Fire away on the next question!

Interviewer: Okay... well, you said that the two songs are about your opinions on revolution. Can you tell us a bit about what they are?
Eric: Well, I mean.... and, forgive me, I might seem like an idiot, but I've always thought that revolution for the sake of revolution is pointless. Y'know, people who are against "the man" just 'cause they got nothing better to do. But, I think there are some things that are worth fighting against, like-
Greg: Anyways! Next question.

Interviewer: Well, that's actually all the time we have for this interview, I'm sorry.
Matt: Awww, that's a shame.
Greg: Well, we all enjoyed ourselves, we hope to come back to this show soon!

Interviewer: Yes, and hopefully you'll be a bit less crazy?
Eric: Oh, one can only hope... god, what kind of paintjob did you do for this ceiling? It's absolutely FASCINATING!!

*cut to commercial*

(OCC: I actually have a few storylines for this band, and they aren't just a bunch of drunken idiots. I just have Eric and Matt acting this way because they hate publicity, both for different reasons. I hope you enjoyed this, and the upcoming posts!)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#4 Posted : 04 May 2010 23:12:54(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

Just got back from spending a few days in America for the first time, and I have to say it was completely insane! The way people talk and act, it's nothing like here in England. Aside from the jetlag we experienced due to a completely different culture, we did have a pretty good time over there. We played probably the smallest gigs imaginable on the East Coast, but at least a few more American's know about us. Still, to go from playing in larger theaters over here and having a (small) degree of respect, it was a humbling experience to play small gigs as an unknown support group.

But, anyways, the reason I'm posting this is because Infinite's finally gotten it's shit together and has a guideline to try and work towards. For the past little while, we've kind of foolishly hoped we'd have an EP and a few singles out last month, and of course that never happened. I think our album is finally starting to take shape, though. We have the songs I've already mentioned before (Supernova, Styx, Fusion Paranoia, Occam's Razor), but we've also worked on a few new songs that have been getting a pretty good reception for live shows. I've written an accoustic song called Before the Dawn, while Greg and Matt have worked on a Bass and Drum solo called 0.9 Pelnav. We've got the beginnings of a song called Asylum, but it's still in it's earliest stages. We're hoping our first album can be released in May, but the last time we set up deadlines, we failed miserably. So, we're just going to work until the album is ready, whether it's earlier or later than we hoped.

We plan on going on our first "official" tour after this album is released, and we're still planning out how it's going to work with out somewhat limited budget. We may need a few support groups, but we're not going to worry about it for now since it's still quite a ways away. We'll keep you all updated on anything else that happens, so stay tuned!

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

Edited by user 12 August 2010 08:15:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline troy211619  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2010 02:21:55(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
"Good luck guys! I know you have potential to make it big here, all you need is commitment to music, a couple of good songs, and an interesting personality, then you'd be rockstars!"
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)

Edited by user 05 May 2010 02:22:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#6 Posted : 05 May 2010 12:40:49(UTC)
infinite135

Man

troy211619 wrote:
"Good luck guys! I know you have potential to make it big here, all you need is commitment to music, a couple of good songs, and an interesting personality, then you'd be rockstars!"
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)

Thanks man, it's great to hear encouragement from someone like you! We're trying our hardest to entertain our fans, so we're hoping all the hard work will pay off eventually!
-Eric Quillington

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#7 Posted : 07 May 2010 09:41:44(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

Just a really quick post, because I'm really excited about these things. First off, we've decided to call our first album Blue Nebula. See, I'm a huge dork and all, and a Nebula is the beginning of a star, which is a really bright and beautiful thing. I'm not saying we could ever be anything bright and beautiful, because you just don't know. But, this is our beginning, like a Nebula is for a star. So, we just thought that it would fit. And for the blue... well, I just really like blue. Look at the font. And... my hair...

BUT ANYWAYS! Off to the more important news! A really talented band from the US, called In the Clouds, has agreed to tour with us during our upcoming Blue Nebula tour. We're incredibly excited about this stroke of luck, and really look forward to touring with these guys. I'd post more information about the album, but it's not completely finished yet (thought it almost is). It'd just be really anticlimatic to talk about the 8 finished songs and then have to post something next time about the 2 others we're still finishing up. But, as soon as soon as it's finished, I'll be the first one to let you guys know what the track listing is and what all the songs are like. It's our first attempt at an album, but I think we did a pretty good job on it.

We're working on something special for you guys; we're going to have a live streaming of a concert put on this website in the next few days, probably sometime next week. I hope you guys enjoy it!

One more quick note, we've decided that our second single is going to be Fusion Paranoia, which is a personal favorite of mine, and it seems to be going over pretty well during live shows, so I hope it does pretty well. I dunno if the album or single is going to be released first, we'll just have to wait and see. We've also finished the music video for Styx (took us long enough). We're not sure when the music video will be released, it might even be put on the album. Like I said before, the album's almost finished up, so stay tuned for release date/tracklisting/tour dates... all that fun stuff!

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

(God, so much for this being a quick post...)

Edited by user 07 May 2010 09:44:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2010 08:38:36(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

Yeah, yeah... I know, the band has been kind of inactive for the past couple of months. We weren't just lying around on a beach sipping wine, though, we've been really working hard on upcoming events, and I've been wanting to tell you guys during the entire time. Well, now I finally can, so it's up to all you fans out there (the three that exist...) to decide whether or not we actually used our time wisely!

First off, Infinite's first major, big length tour is about to start! In keeping up with the spacy/galactic title of the album, it's called Pillars of Creation. I'll probably update the website to include tour dates and stuff in a few days when the tickets go on sale. I realize it's not a huge deal, bands go on tour all the time... but, you know, it's our first OFFICIAL tour, with an album under our belts and stuff. Call us small-minded, but it's really mind-blowing. Only problem is, once again our ambitions got a little bit ahead of us, and the tour isn't as unique as we originally hoped. We were originally planning on having this tour be kind of a touring festival, with about five or six other groups touring with us, and each getting equal billing. It's been done before, but it'd still be a really cool thing to be a part of. If enough of our peers are interested in it, maybe we'll actually make a serious effort to bring it to reality.

We're also going on tour with Saburben Sunrise on their current tour! It might be a bit difficult to have two tours going on at the same time, but I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work. With a band like them, nobody would miss out on a chance like that! We've been longtime fans of Saburben Sunrise, so we're glad to be given an opportunity like this. I just hope their fans actually like Infinite!

We've also finished up the music video for Black-Eyed Angels, which is our second single. I'm not going to bother explain it, since most people already know what it's like through the reviews and all. But, we also still have the music video of Styx, which we made sooooooooo long ago, but never actually released it. If that ever pissed off any fans, don't worry; we're releasing both videos at the same time. They aren't exactly high-budget videos, but they're better than nothing! The videos are going to be released next week, so I don't want to talk about what they're about now. Don't wanna ruin the suprise or anything! Hahaha

One final thing; I want to thank anybody who's pre-ordered our album, and told us what they think about it. We've been working on this for so long, so we're glad our efforts weren't wasted. I'm unbelievably happy over making something that's actually good. The future of this band actually looks bright, for once.

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

P.S.: A quick edit, after I wrote this, I found out more specifically about future touring arrangements. We're going to be touring with Saburben Sunrise from the 6th until the 13th of this month. We're also going to be touring with the band Zzzonked for their Crowded Rooms Tour. This month is going to be truely amazing, and we're so glad to have the opportunity to work with these two amazing bands!

Edited by user 04 June 2010 09:47:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline MATTT  
#9 Posted : 04 June 2010 09:06:53(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Thanks for joining our tour! You guys will do great!

-Alex(Saburben Sunrise)
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#10 Posted : 07 June 2010 12:30:32(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

The Styx video is finally done, and you all can now watch it on our website! The video will also be available on VH-74 in a couple of hours, so make sure to check it out there! I'll just explain a little background information for the music video before you watch it... anybody who doesn't really care about all that can just watch the video below. But, anyways, the idea for this video came to me in a dream, and it's sort of a metaphor for free thought and creativity being removed from the world. The music video really doesn't have anything to do with the song (Greek afterlife, a guy contemplating a wasted life... such a happy song!), but I really feel that the two complement each other. Anyways, enough with me babbling, enjoy the video!!

Cheers,
Eric Quillington

The video should be...

Right....

About.....

Here....

The opening scene shows a busy highway, with typical daily noises. The cars all simultaneously break to a stop, and all noises cease. People slowly get out of their cars, and a close-up shot is shown of a foot touching the ground. As soon as contact is made, the piano intro of the song starts. Throughout the song, people leave their houses and abandon everything they’re doing, and begin to walk towards a specific area. The sky quickly turns dark with blood-red stars, and people begin to march in an almost militaristic, slow march, all in perfect synchronization.

The marchers slowly begin to break off into groups of about ten, and all form single lines along the side of the road. The people all have blank, vacant looks on their faces, and look as though they have no conscious thought of their own. Throughout the entire video, random numbers are seen flashing along the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (example; 98.048, 87.458, 67.787, etc.), slowly counting down to zero. The final shot is a bird’s eye view of a long road, showing thousands upon thousands of people in lines of ten. One final number flashes across the screen (0.0001), before a cut to black.

Throughout the video, Infinite can be seen playing in a meadow surrounded by trees. The three band members are kept out of focus, and their faces are never completely clear. Eric Quillington is seen singing into a megaphone, Greg Oldson is playing a piano, and Matt Roberts is sleeping on the ground. All around the band are people formally dancing in pairs, and are all dancing in perfect synchronization. As the video progresses, the dancers’ movements become increasingly robotic and lifeless. It also becomes more apparent that Eric is screaming at them through the megaphone, almost as if he’s begging them to wake up

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#11 Posted : 11 June 2010 12:30:46(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Eric Quillington and Greg Oldson sit across from a female interviewer. Greg is wearing a plain white t-shirt and cut-up jeans, and has a sunny disposition due to how good-looking the interviewer is. Throughout the interview, he seems extremely helpful and talkative, in order to try and impress the interviewer. Eric, by contrast, is wearing a formal black suit, and looks extremely pale and tired. His eyes look slightly blood-shot, and seems to be easily agitated and quiet. As the interview progresses, Eric seems to be making an effort to revert back to his usual, talkative self.

Interviewer: Hello, and welcome back! Joining us from the UK are Eric Quillington and Greg Oldson from the alternative band Infinite.
Eric: Oh, hello...
Greg: It's great to be here!

Interviewer: Your debut album, Blue Nebula, went to 18 on the UK charts, and sold over 300,000 copies so far. You must be feeling incredible about all this!
Greg: Of course! I mean, we spent forever working on the bloody album... it's terrific for our fans to finally be able to tell us how we did on the album.
Eric: Yeah, and, uhm.... to me, at least, the response for the album has always been more important than how many copies we sell. As long as our fans are happy, we're happy. Even if we sold ten copies, I'd still be on top of the world....

Interviewer: The critical reception so far has been really positive, too, from what I've heard. It's bizarre, though, barely two months ago, nobody's heard of you, and now you're one of the hottest new bands out there. How would you explain this dramatic change happening?
Eric: Oh, jeez, I still don't think many people know about us...
Greg: Well, when Infinite started, we really didn't take ourselves all that seriously. I mean, you look back on old interviews, and we were just complete dumbasses.
Eric: Yeah, make sure you don't swear, this is live television. But, yeah, we really made idiots of ourselves back in the day. I mean, I once got kicked out of the Dirty Bastard Hotel and Casino because I wasn't old enough to get served a drink.
Greg: We were just bizarre, and our music kind of reflected our personalities then. Like nowadays, we wanted to be as different and unique as we could, but back then we used extremely different methods to achieve that goal.
Eric: Yeah, I wrote songs called "The Communist Ents", and stuff... so, yeah, you can guess how wierd we were...
Greg: I think, in the end, the entire band became really unsatisfied with our musical direction, we wanted more respect from our musical peers. Then, Eric wrote Styx, and we were on our way.

Interviewer: I'm sure you made the right choice on your musical direction. Well, it might be a bit early to tell, but is this dark and menacing sound something you're going to continue in the future?
Eric: Oh, yeah, for sure. I've already written a few songs since the release of Blue Nebula, and they kind of continue the trend that we started with that album. One of them, Eyes, we wrote specifically for the Cure for Cancer concert, so we're REALLY hoping that one goes over well.

Interviewer: Well, speaking of the future, what are your plans for the next couple of months?
Greg: Well, we have the first leg of our Pillars of Life tour starting soon, and we still have support spots for Saburben Sunrise and Zzzonked.
Eric: Yeah, plus, I think Troy from Reckoner was saying something about us touring with them as a support group. We probably plan on touring for the next three months or so, and write some material on the road. I mean, I'm sort of a.... perfectionist, so, it takes me a while before anything I make is finished. I'm absolutely certain that our next album will be better than our first.

Interviewer: Awesome! Well, don't go away, after this commercial break, Eric and Greg will be playing a three song accoustic setlist. Stay tuned!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The show cut back in to Eric standing up next to a microphone, and Greg sitting on a stool with an accoustic guitar. As the crowd cheered, Eric managed a weak smile and wave, and then muttered a count-in to begin the first song. Lucky, already becoming a crowd favorite, made a perfect translation into an accoustic setting. During the song, Eric put both of his hands behind his back, as if he didn't know what to do with them on stage without his guitar. He also kept his eyes closed during the entire time, as if lost in it's sarcastic and brooding lyrics. Greg, although he rarely plays guitar on stage, still seemed perfectly natural, and seemed more lively and energetic than the uncharacteristicly sober and reserved Eric. After the end of the song, Eric said to the crowd, "Alright, this next song is one of the greatest ever written. This is A Day in the Life, by the Beatles. I better not screw this up..." Although the song didn't fit Infinite's usual sound, Eric still sang the song as passionately as he could, and Greg even sang the McCartney verse, which was the first time he'd ever sung lead during a live show. At the end of the song, it was difficult to tell who was the better singer, and left many wondering why Greg had never sung like that before.

"Well, this is our final song, and we've never played it on stage before. It's a night of firsts!" Eric began, "This song hasn't been played before, and I haven't finished writing it yet.... we'll play what we have so far. This one's called How To Disturb and Alienate Others." Eric and Greg ended the small show with style, and the final song was easily the best of the two Infinite songs, but seemed just as sarcastic as the first, even though the meaning still wasn't completely clear in this version.After the final song, Eric broke out into his first smile of the show, and said to the crowd, "We came on this show in order to have more people aware of our first album, and then we played an accoustic setlist with no songs from that album. How's that for promotion!!??" Eric and Greg left the stage amidst laughs, cheers, and applause.

Edited by user 30 June 2010 07:51:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#12 Posted : 02 July 2010 09:34:01(UTC)
infinite135

Man

UserPostedImage

"Our website should be renamed the bloody fusionparanoia.net"
-Eric Quillington

Fusion Paranoia- Going from a live experiment, to a planned B-Side, and finally the first track on the album, this song has gone on a journey from obscurity to becoming Infinite's best known song. The band members themselves didn't realize the song's worth until their manager convinced them to keep the song on the album, and even then the band considered Supernova to be the best track. The song is most widely known for it's opening guitar riff, although the singing, drumming, and bass is just as impressive. The lyrics describe Eric's views on rebellion spurred out of boredom, which is a relatively straightforward concept, but an effective one nonetheless. The title comes from a Daniel Pipes article for Jerusalem Post... titled, obviously, Fusion Paranoia. The article details how conspiracy theorists could cause the end of the world, due to the massive amounts of paranoia they create.

All I Need- "I think that's going to be the biggest difference between Blue Nebula and our second album; the first album is very dream-like, even at it's darkest. Nothing about it has anything to do with me, it's all some other world. If my recent lyrics show any indicator of things to come... our next album is going to be very personal and grounded in reality." This quote, by Eric Quillington, perfectly describes the way this song breaks away from Infinite's current 'Blue Nebula Sound'. All I Need is a cynical and sarcastic look at the world's obsession with celebrity. The narrator of the song lives off of gossip and celebrity rumors, and claims to need nothing more. The speaker's separation/alienation from the rest of the world also becomes increasingly obvious as the song progresses. The song features no guitar or musical accompaniment from Quillington (aside from an opening piano solo), and has Quillington singing deeper than usual and in perfect synchronization with Robert's driving bass riff.

Lucky (Live at De Montfort Hall)- Infinite have always been a powerful live band, and this song is an indicator of that. It's also an indicator that Lucky might be a track on Infinite's second album, otherwise this spot would've been filled by an official studio recording. Regardless of what the song means for Infinite's future, it is a solid addition to the single. This song is Infinite at it's best, with Quillington's darkest lyrics yet. The song refers to a comatose but self-aware car crash victim, who bitterly tries to convince himself how fortunate he is for not being dead.

All songs written by Eric Quillington
Artwork by Amanda Spack

Eric Quillington (Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano)
Matt Roberts (Bassist)
Greg Oldson (Drummer, Percussionist, Backup Vocalist)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#13 Posted : 05 July 2010 07:32:20(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

Exciting news! The band Infexxion has agreed to tour with us on the first eight shows of The Pillars of Creation tour. We're not sure at the moment if they'll be with us after those tour dates, but even if they aren't, it's still going to be an awesome time! The album came out over a month ago, so I know it's weird for us to just be starting the tour now. But, we've been touring with a few other bands as support for a little bit, so now that we're free from most obligations, we figured this was the best time for our first major headlining tour.

Infinite is in the (very) early stages of making our second album, but don't expect it to be out for another couple of months. I've already written a couple of songs (Lucky, Magnum Opus, etc.) that might point out to where we go next time around, and I'm really optimistic about how the album will turn out. It's all up in the air right now, I'm hoping for a September release, but I'm always horrible at meeting deadlines. Our debut album has almost gone platinum, and I want to thank everybody who's stuck with this band and bought a copy. I know we can be frustratingly bad at releasing things on time, but I'm glad you decided to stick with us.

Not much else to really say, other than the fact that I'll probably reveal some song information and stuff regarding the second album the next time I post.. If any band is interested in being a support group for us on upcoming shows, please let me know. It doesn't matter what genre you are, how popular you are... we'll welcome you to the tour with open arms.

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

P.S. Anybody who hasn't gone to read @chaos magazine... do it now! I'd still love that magazine to pieces even if it didn't have a positive review towards one of our shows.

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Regan  
#14 Posted : 05 July 2010 09:25:39(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Loving the music guys! I was wondering if you would like to open up for Quarantine on our America tour in the end of July? You can check out the dates here.
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline infinite135  
#15 Posted : 05 July 2010 09:31:25(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Regan wrote:
Loving the music guys! I was wondering if you would like to open up for Quarantine on our America tour in the end of July? You can check out the dates here.
-Regan Futrell

Oh, absolutely! I've always been one of the biggest Quarantine fans around, so it would be a dream come true to tour with you guys! Let me know what dates you want us to appear as support.
-Eric Quillington

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Regan  
#16 Posted : 05 July 2010 10:53:05(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
infinite135 wrote:
Regan wrote:
-Regan Futrell

Oh, absolutely! I've always been one of the biggest Quarantine fans around, so it would be a dream come true to tour with you guys! Let me know what dates you want us to appear as support.
-Eric Quillington

You can appear at which ever ones yall can make it to.
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline infinite135  
#17 Posted : 09 July 2010 11:45:14(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Dear All,

Well, it's been a terrific week for us. In addition to having the two amazing bands In the Clouds and Infexxion for the European and American legs of our tour, we can now confirm that Daniel will be travelling on tour with us during the second part, as well. I've always kind of hoped the Pillars of Life tour could become something of a traveling musical festival; with all these amazing bands on tour with us, that dream's come true. I couldn't be any happier about the chance to tour with these guys. Infinite will also be touring with the band Quarantine at the end of this month, which is another awesome thing to be participating in!

Onto other news; second album. I know, I already announced that a second album might be released around september, but I've got some more announcements regarding it. Danny Allen has recently agreed that he'll be producing it, and I'm absolutely thrilled with this chance to work with him. I'll include some track names and information at the end of this post about some of the songs we're preparing for the second album. Enjoy!

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

Second Album (possibly gonna call it Dramamine)

Lucky- It's already been a B-side on our Fusion Paranoia single, but that was a live version... we still haven't completely figured out how it's going to translate into a studio recording. The speaker of the song is a victim of a car crash, which left him comatose but brain-active. The victim of the song can't communicate with the outside world, but he still tries to bitterly convince himself how lucky he is for not being dead. It's a really dark and twisted song, but it's the exception; the album as a whole is alot more optimistic than Blue Nebula.

Vortex- I wrote this in order to contrast with Lucky; it's the yin to the yang, I guess. The song's about appreciating how sacred life is after going through a near-death experience (the narrator of the song sees a tornado and realizes how much he doesn't want to die). It's actually a happy song, even though it might not seem like it by this description.

Out of Focus- It's an acoustic song, and it's honestly one of the best things I've ever written. It's from the perspective of a blind man, but the song discusses how he's free from the superficialities of the world. He judges people based on their personality, not on looks. I'm not exactly saying it'd be better if everyone was blind... but, I think the song's kind of about finding beauty in dark places, and learning to appreciate the curses youv'e been given.

Scotland- If it's released, it'd kind of be the 0.9 Pelnav of our second album. It's an instrumental song, but I'm actually involved with it this time. It's a song that gives off a feeling of peace, it's nice to listen to it whenever you're pissed about somethingNothing much to really say about it.... you can't really describe an instrumental, you have to hear it.

How to Disturb and Alienate Others- I wrote this song when I was pissed. Really pissed. It was on the night of our Fuse interview, and it was one of the fastest times I've ever written something. The lyrics to this song aren't really important, I wanted to communicate a feeling of anger and hate through the music, not the lyrics. I guess it's sort of like the demonic version of Scotland.

Magnum Opus- I guess this song is about as personal as it gets. I've been having fears for the longest time that our second album won't be anywhere near as good as the first, and that people are only listening to us because of Fusion Paranoia and Supernova. This song is about fear of the future, my fear.

Hyperactive- It's the first real love song I've ever written; but, of course, there's nothing traditional about it. I've gone through a nasty breakup recently, and I wanted to write a song about it without seeming like I was just bitching. Hyperactive is influenced by alot of the songs from Muse's early days, particularly Hyper Music (which is referenced in the title.) It's a really wierd combination; it's a tribute to the band that influenced us, and it's about how I felt after a breakup.

Born Again (or Regenerate, I haven't decided on the final title yet)- I think this song is similar in alot of ways to Vortex, and Supernova. It's kind of the second part of Hyperactive, as it's how I feel now, compared to then. I was so down on myself, and now I've learned to just let it go. I feel like a different person, in a way, because I have such a more positive outlook on things. It's definetely the most rocking song I've written for the second album, and it'd probably be the ending.

Some, all, or none of those songs might be on the second album. Greg's hopefully going to write a few songs, because I hate seeming like I'm trying to get all the attention.

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#18 Posted : 09 July 2010 11:56:47(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Daniel: Cheers! Can't wait to go on the road with you guys! And I will be getting that album when it comes out!
Offline infinite135  
#19 Posted : 12 July 2010 04:02:09(UTC)
infinite135

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Daniel: Cheers! Can't wait to go on the road with you guys! And I will be getting that album when it comes out!

Thanks mate! It's an absolute thrill to have someone like you on tour with us, and as a fan of our work. Touring with you is gonna be amazing!
-Eric Quillington

Dear All,

It's kind of a long wait until our next album, I know. We just want to make sure the album is absolutely perfect for our fans, as sappy as that may sound. But in the meantime, we're working on something special for you guys. By the end of this month, Infinite is releasing a live EP of three of our shows. The first one is from 3 years ago, back whenever we completely sucked. I mean, we still do... but, if you look at that footage, you'd think we're freaking gods nowadays. This is mainly for the diehard Infinite fans (the two of you that are out there), who want to see Infinite's evolution into the band we are today. This live show has the early versions of Styx, Supernova, and it even has a jam that eventually becomes Fusion Paranoia. Anyone who wants to see Infinite drunk and unknown should definetely check this out.

The second and third discs might be a bit more entertaining for those who aren't hardcore fans. It's going to be two discs of us live at Cancer Aid, if we don't completely suck. We've written a few songs specifically for this concert, and it'll hopefully be Infinite at the top of it's game. The second disc is going to be the full band rocking with it's cock out, and the third disc is going to be me during my acoustic show. I'm not planning on being up on the stage for too long (probably 4 or 5 songs), so the third disc is probably more of an extra. Once the show is over, I'll include the track-listing for the three-part EP, since we haven't completely decided on the songs for the show, yet.

This EP is basically about the difference between the band we were then, and the band we are now. I guess it's about us growing up. I'm really looking forward to what people think of this when it's released, because we've always put alot of effort into our shows. That's all I can say right now, stay tuned for more exciting news in the coming days! (Black-Eyed Angels music video coming soon!)

Cheers!
Eric Quillington

PS: The first show of Pillars of Creation was fucking amazing. To all the fans that went to the show, thanks for making it so memorable.

Edited by user 12 July 2010 04:02:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#20 Posted : 12 July 2010 04:54:15(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Stacey: I fucking love Infinite, you guys are amazing, I'm gonna be at the Lyceum Ballroom tonight.