logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

200 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 24 June 2011 03:04:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Reviews | Magazine | Articles

'The number one place for all of the latest entertainment news!'

Edited by user 28 June 2020 19:09:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Hellspawn on 22/02/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/05/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 23/06/2020(UTC)
Offline infinite135  
#2 Posted : 24 June 2011 03:16:38(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
An Introduction for the Unaware

UserPostedImage
(This picture doesn't have anything to do with writing)

I won't have a long-winded rant about myself, so I'll make this short and sweet. My name is Eric Quillington, and I make music with my two chums Matt Roberts and Greg Oldson. Well, okay, Oldson isn't really a chum of mine. He's more or less the bastard I always end up being stuck in a room with. But let's not get into that right now; we're here to talk about this fancy new job of 'writer' I've been given. So, for anybody doubting me, allow me to list several reasons why I'm qualified for this position.

* I've dabbled into writing several times in the past (most publicly with the final issue of @Chaos), and I've always enjoyed it.

* I've written all the (good) lyrics to Infinite songs. Oldson writes the rest.

* Plus, I'm also part of one of the biggest bands in the world. We're called Infinite. So, y'know, there's that.

Sincerely,

Eric 'Quixotic' Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline DistortedAudio  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2011 04:15:56(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
OOC: Maybe now that Chaos is done, Culture Uncut will become its replacement. Now that it has steady columnists and all.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 24 June 2011 04:22:08(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Maybe now that Chaos is done, Culture Uncut will become its replacement. Now that it has steady columnists and all.

Ooc: blasphemy!!!! I'm kidding, I hope it does become the new Chaos. I'd have loved to have kept Chaos going, but it was cutting into my time I could use doing other RP. So this could be awesome as a replacement.

Cassie: my first column, tonight, will be about how people never know when to keep their mouths shut.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 24 June 2011 04:24:02(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post

Ooc: blasphemy!!!! I'm kidding, I hope it does become the new Chaos. I'd have loved to have kept Chaos going, but it was cutting into my time I could use doing other RP. So this could be awesome as a replacement.

Cassie: my first column, tonight, will be about how people never know when to keep their mouths shut.

Lady Raine: Ooh, i like that topic.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Matticus  
#6 Posted : 24 June 2011 04:28:11(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Who is Damion Holmes?
UserPostedImage

Many people may still be confused as to who this sexy, yet chubby, guy is. Well i am Damion Holmes. 'nuff said. I lie, there is never enough said. I was the founder of TheUndergound franchise; unfortunately that stint in my life is now over, and i am now a talk show host - Live With Damion Holmes. I have also done a little bit of presenting - i presented two awards at the Chaos Awards II!

I like to talk. I like music. I like to talk about music. I will talk to you about all of the latest stories that take my interest! Expect some FANTABULOUSLY AWESOME blogs from me.

Damion xx
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 24 June 2011 04:36:03(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
How did you lot land this job? See this green on my face? It's because I'm undead, but I'm also bloody jealous! All the same, looking forward to reading it. (:
-Bikki x
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
thanks 1 user thanked bikz for this useful post.
Matticus on 24/06/2011(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#8 Posted : 24 June 2011 06:50:38(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
OOC: I like the new site but I just have a little question: if I want to write a news, do I need a writer?

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline Matticus  
#9 Posted : 24 June 2011 06:51:39(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I like the new site but I just have a little question: if I want to write a news, do I need a writer?

OOC: no - it is the same as the other one, just refreshed with a new feature which is blogs from the writers :) that is my interpretation anyway
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
FiveT on 24/06/2011(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#10 Posted : 24 June 2011 06:53:17(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: Matticus Go to Quoted Post

OOC: no - it is the same as the other one, just refreshed with a new feature which is blogs from the writers :) that is my interpretation anyway

OOC: Great! I like the new blogs idea then. Looking forward to read all of them! :P

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 24 June 2011 06:55:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Matticus Go to Quoted Post

OOC: Yeah your dead on, It's the exact same thing as before, if you wanna write something for your characters you don't need a writer, you do everything the exact same way, but the writers will be contributing with their random thoughts sometime to make it more fun. But yeah just use it the same way as the old one. :)

Edited by user 24 June 2011 06:57:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
FiveT on 24/06/2011(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#12 Posted : 24 June 2011 07:02:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: I love this idea, should be sticky in place of the Chaos Magazine. Since it's now coming to an end.
Offline Taylr  
#13 Posted : 24 June 2011 07:08:12(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)

Joey Starzzz: Except for me of course. ;)
Offline genocidal king  
#14 Posted : 24 June 2011 07:09:35(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

OOC: I love this idea, should be sticky in place of the Chaos Magazine. Since it's now coming to an end.

OOC: Good idea. Done :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 24/06/2011(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#15 Posted : 24 June 2011 07:10:29(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Taylr Go to Quoted Post

Cassie: Yeah, except for you...you can shout whatever you like :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Taylr  
#16 Posted : 24 June 2011 07:11:41(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Taylr Go to Quoted Post

Cassie: Yeah, except for you...you can shout whatever you like :)

Joey Starzzz: Woo!
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#17 Posted : 25 June 2011 09:08:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel and Kato dating??

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Sure looks like it to me! The 18 year old was spotted in Texas yesterday with Kato while relaxing on tour. Sources say that the two spent the entire day together and were seen being very close and 'friendly' with each other and they were even seen kissing. Are these two another couple in the making? Go Izzy! Got yourself a cutie ;) -Lady Raine
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline FiveT  
#18 Posted : 25 June 2011 09:14:26(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Joey (Teen Titans): Aw, man! I thought she was gonna date me. Oh, well, I will find someone else...

Mimi (Teen Titans): Yeah, there are plenty of other girls.

Joey: OF COURSE!!

Edited by user 25 June 2011 09:15:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline DistortedAudio  
#19 Posted : 25 June 2011 11:43:35(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Experiencing Aaron Marks in Concert, w/ Sammy Griffin
by Jonas Hunt

UserPostedImage
"You absolutely have to see him Uncle Jonas!"

"I don't know, the headlining kid looks like he hasn't hit puberty."

"Their absolutely stunning! I heart them Uncle Jonas!"

"Do you now? Well, I suppose I have to see them."

"You totally have to!"

It was June 18th, and it was cold. I wasn't pleased, as I nudged past the multiple pre-teens and college students I finally arrived at the press section for this show. I had the feeling that my niece had bamboozled me into seeing the next Tween Sensations. Recently AARON MARKS and SAMMY GRIFFIN had been raising talks about their skill and blah blah blah. I wasn't having any of it, I was cold and annoyed. The chatter around the area came to a stop when the first of the ginger duo hit the stage. Sammy Griffin.

He sounded a little nervous before he announced that he was recording some of this for his next EP. He had already released one? I didn't care, I didn't know who the hell this was and I was only checking this show out so that my Culture Column could get a nice introduction. Plus, I got free beer! Free beer is fucking awesome! Then the crowd start murmuring, 'He ain't singing Behind tonight? What a rip! That's what I came here for!' but he starts singing the chorus to one of his most well-known song, a few of his devotee fans join in with him, I'm still not amused. I down another Guinness and hope the night becomes a blur of bad choices and amnesia.

Then he begins to introduce himself and go on about his EPs, Christ this kid was into himself. The crowd eat him up though, I don't know why. Is his music really that goo- Suddenly, I snap my eyes open and notice the guitar in Sammy's hands. Wasn't this kid a rapper? What the fuck was going on here? Was I being Punk'd? Then, god as my witness, the kid starts rapping, damn well at that. I look in awe as he begins to strum then rap, then strum and rap. Then he sings, and I fucking lose it. Who the hell does this kid think he is? Oh wait, a good fucking musician. I'm cheering along with the rest of them in the course of ONE FUCKING SONG. Fuck, I'm embarrassed to say this but I was sold.

"and next up is Aaron Marks!" Sammy shouts too soon. He was an opener and a damn fine one at that. I was flustered really, Sammy had raped me. He had raped my expectations of him and raped me with some solid music. That between the beers I had consumed had me cheering. Which is probably why I shouted, "BRING SAMMY BACK ON!" as the kid left the stage. Smoke assaulted the stage soon afterwards and the lights fell dark. A small band rushed the stage as chants of 'Aaron Marks!' surrounded me. I was ready for this guy. Maybe he wouldn't be terrible....

Getting Out was the first song he played once the fan girl squeals quieted down. Never before had I wanted to stab teenagers with such a sharp knife but I quelled my rage. I digged Getting Out, it was pretty wild. The next two songs were two, I couldn't quite understand why I was liking the set so much but couldn't think of any highlights so to speak. That's when I noticed it, during the final song...a cover. Aaron Marks is a star waiting to happen but the one thing he's missing IS AN ACTUAL BAND. Aaron oozes star quality, sex appeal and general courage when walks about that stage. He's like Steven Tyler, your eyes just automatically move to him. So whilst he was performing that's when I noticed I didn't quite like the set, not because of him but because of his backing band. They couldn't keep up AT ALL, they were pretty damn crappy.

So all in all I left the Barfly with two new musicians that I could chalk into my like category and I needed to thank my niece. Watch out for Sammy Griffin, he can catch you off guard and Aaron Marks has what it takes, but doesn't have the right brand of help accompanying him.

CONCERT:
4/5

JONAS OUT!

OOC: I didn't do a News Countdown this week so I decided to do a column.

Edited by user 25 June 2011 11:46:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 25/06/2011(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#20 Posted : 25 June 2011 18:42:42(UTC)
Matticus

Man

OOC: that was awesome ;)
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype