logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#1 Posted : 27 August 2013 03:34:47(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Permanent Reminder is the record label by former label owner Matt Young. This new label is a solo venture unlike the previous one, yet promises to push forwards and make waves like the old label did. After his leave, the label underwent a new owner by the name of Symoné.

She will be looking for both fresh and old talent alike, and hopes to build up the next generation of music and musicians in unity.

UserPostedImage
- Pretty Little Freaks [2A] -
- Liyah [1A] -
- Foxxxy [1A] -
- Lotus [1A] -
- Sabrina Franc [1A] -
- Ashley Grimmie [1A] -

UserPostedImage

To apply to PR, please send a sample of your work. This can be a recording of a live performance or a demo CD or file.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by moderator 23 October 2014 08:04:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 9 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 27/08/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/08/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/09/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 06/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 06/11/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/11/2013(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 14/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 06 November 2013 10:46:35(UTC)
Matticus

Man

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY

We at Permanent Reminder are very happy to announce our first two additions to the roster. Pretty Little Freaks and Carmen Grant! Both are very talented artists who's work is already known all over!

Welcome to the family!

UserPostedImage
2 Album Deal

UserPostedImage
1 Album Deal, with potential 1 Album Extension
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 6 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 06/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 06/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 06/11/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2013 19:42:45(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Carmen's newest single: "Stop Looking"
UserPostedImage
COMING SOON!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 3 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 06/11/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 08/11/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#4 Posted : 08 November 2013 07:52:15(UTC)
Matticus

Man

ANOTHER NEW SIGNING!

UserPostedImage

After Kidd's debut Mixtape was dropped, Matt Young could not resist the urge to sign him up. Kidd has not been around a long time, but has already worked with a huge amount of artists in the industry. He signs up for a 1 album deal with the view to extend at the end if his album does well.

Welcome to the family!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 5 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/11/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 08/11/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/11/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#5 Posted : 10 November 2013 07:46:56(UTC)
Matticus

Man

THE NEXT FRESH SIGNING!

UserPostedImage

Liyah is the next new signing to our ever growing roster at Permanent Reminder, we are very happy to have this young starlet on board and are very excited to see how she blossoms over the course of her 1 Album contract (with extension clause).

Welcome Home.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 4 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 10/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/11/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/11/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6 Posted : 10 November 2013 08:13:17(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Barbarian: Congratulations to my little bro "Kidd Amaze" for his signing. Very well deserved!

Stephy: Liyah bitch I am waiting for that album, I know that shit finna be hot, congrats gurl! Get those Rap gems ready boo!
thanks 3 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Matticus on 10/11/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#7 Posted : 10 November 2013 20:53:08(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Bringing the Streets Back to the Stars!

UserPostedImage

Foxxxy is the latest addition to our ever-growing roster and family, and having worked with Matt at his previous label, he knows she can definitely be a success here too.

It's nice to have you back!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

genocidal king on 10/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/11/2013(UTC), kandii on 17/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#8 Posted : 11 November 2013 02:21:48(UTC)
Matticus

Man

KIDD AMAZE IS GOING ON TOUR!! LOOKING FOR SUPPORT!

UserPostedImage
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 2 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 11/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#9 Posted : 17 November 2013 03:59:40(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Say Hello To Signing Number 6!

UserPostedImage

Welcome Lotus, to the Permanent Reminder family! Lotus has accepted a 1 Album contract with us, and we certainly look forward to seeing what happens in the young starlet's career from here on in!!

Good luck!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

snap_itshannah on 17/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/11/2013(UTC), kandii on 17/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#10 Posted : 09 December 2013 03:57:45(UTC)
Matticus

Man

WHAT'S NEW?!

A new single from Carmen Grant!

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Ernest and Mabel
ARTIST: Carmen Grant
LENGTH: 3:18
GENRE: Indie folk, alt-country, American Primitivism
LABEL: Permanent Reminder
RELEASED: December 4th, 2013
From the Upcoming Album: "Mercury"

Carmen Grant has proven to us time and again that she has no problem hitting the music scene full force, in a flurry of emotion and red hair, as she releases hit after hit. Just for a quick flashback, let's remember when we first met Carmen Grant: She released an EP titled "Pet" almost immediately after she was discovered, which went triple platinum is the charts before Carmen disappeared from the music world for a little bit, only to come back with "Not Going to Lie," which blogger and music critic Honor Wynter gave a 4/5 and said that the highlight of the song was "the entire song." But, of course, Carmen Grant disappeared from us again until several months later when she came back with "Stop Looking," which had 240,000 downloads in it's first week, and has been wildly successful ever since. Carmen's fans assumed that Carmen would be disappearing for several months again after Stop Looking, but she has surprised everybody by sticking around a little bit longer to give us another new single titled "Ernest and Mabel."

The song, of course, is another emotional rollercoaster that Carmen has decided to take her listeners on as she tells us about one of her past relationships. Fans have learned from Carmen's other songs, and from the little bits that she's let people know, that she does not have a great track record with men. "Not Going to Lie" tells the story about how she's broken up with a man, but wants to remain fuck buddies with him. "Stop Looking" is about how she's looking for love again after the man that she was in love with left her. And more recently, she let her fans know that her short relationship with Neil Williamette, metal band Acts of Hate's drummer, ended suddenly. Yes, Carmen Grant was dating the drummer for a metal band. No surprise why that didn't work out.This new song, however, doesn't seem to be related to Carmen and Neil's recent breakup. This new song tells a new story of heartbreak.

Throughout the song, Carmen speaks directly to her lover. Her voice is serene and almost happy, as if she's completely accepted this situation that she and her lover are in and she's no longer upset by it anymore. The music of the song has no dramatic twists or turns in it. It stays serene and happy as well with her, the whole song one big ode to accepting the things that you cannot change. When Carmen begins the sing, her first line is, "Got your little secret, no, I will not tell" and already the listener knows that nothing good is going to come from this situation that Carmen is singing about. Carmen Grant and secrets? That can never be good. The second line, she reveals to the listeners that she and her lover are in a highway motel while her lover is sobering up. Beautiful scene, right? Pure romance. The more Carmen goes on to describe what is going on, the more the lines between "dirty hook-up" and "pathetic hook-up" get blurred. The man begs for Carmen to stay with him in the highway hotel and sing to him, but instead Carmen dances around in her underwear to turn him on, making it obvious that while to the man, this relationship is for the companionship and possibly the love he feels towards her, for Carmen it's all about the sex - making this the second song Carmen has released about wanting a relationship just for sex. The chorus of the song is, "And if you weren't so old, I'd probably keep you / If you weren't so old, I'd tell my friends / But I don't think your wife would like my friends." Woah. Brand new insight into the relationship, and it's delivered by Carmen so nonchalantly. If the listeners were rooting for this relationship to work out, they are going to be sourly disappointed now. The listener knows now that this man is much older than Carmen - and judging by the fact that Carmen is only twenty-one years old and how much she seems to rely on the judgement of her friends on who she should date, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that this relationship Carmen is singing about happened when she was much younger - possibly even when she was sixteen or seventeen. Yet nothing that she is singing seems to upset her all that greatly, almost as if she didn't understand the magnitude of sleeping with a married man - another sign that this situation took place when she was much younger - or that she just simply does not care about what happens to the man she's with and his wife. "I've got a hit for every day of the week / I gave you something of mine that was so sweet / That I've been holding on to since I was sixteen," Carmen continues in the third verse, the new information coming in that Carmen has lost her virginity to this married man. Even with this information, Carmen still seems very nonchalant about the whole situation, making the listeners think that maybe she's trying to hide all her shame and regret about how she lost her virginity and hooking up with this married man.

It's odd to think about Carmen Grant, who has such a lovable and adorable character, feel regret. It has always been said that music is how musicians show their true selves, and in Carmen Grant's case, that is certainly the truth. Perhaps Carmen's child-like and innocent personality is just a ruse to cover all the pain that she feels over her past. Something to think about, yeah?

Anyway, Carmen goes on to sing, "I'll call you Ernest, and you call me Mabel / You passed out, so I flicked through cable / And I stole your gold watch off the bedside table." Yeah, Carmen is definitely not the innocent little redhead that she has tried to make us believe she is, and she's trying to show us that through her own depiction of herself in this song. Carmen repeats the chorus twice before letting out a small chant of, "Ernest Hemingway and Mabel Normand / Ernest Hemingway and Mabel Normand" and then repeating the chorus twice more before the song ends. Ernest Hemingway was the author of several famous books such as A Farewell to Arms, The Sun Also Rises, and The Old Man and the Sea. Mabel Normand was a famous comedic silent film actress who appeared in several films with Charlie Chaplin, and later going on to write silent films. It is normal for people to use the names of famous people when checking into a motel - especially seedy ones - if they do not want anybody to know that they were there, so that explains why they used the fake names. But also the personalities of their two aliases say a bit about the person who chose them. Ernest Hemingway was a manly man, but with several disabilities that were kept unknown to the public until he killed himself later in life. Mabel Normand was beautiful and funny woman, but had her name attached to many scandals and rumors. Carmen's Ernest had his secrets - most of them involving Carmen herself. And Carmen is like Mabel in the way that although she's a friendly, beautiful girl, she's made horrible decisions that will always haunt her for the rest of her life. The names that they chose to represent themselves during their meetings were not coincidental.

Got your little secret, no, I will not tell
You're trying to sober up in the highway motel
And my hands are covered with your smell
You begged me to stay and sing you a song
I dance dirty for you because it turns you on
And I'm a little redhead with white pants on

And if you weren't so old, I'd probably keep you
If you weren't so old, I'd tell my friends
But I don't think your wife would like my friends

I've got a hit for every day of the week
I gave you something of mine that was so sweet
That I've been holding on to since I was sixteen
I'll call you Ernest, and you call me Mabel
You passed out, so I flicked through cable
And I stole your gold watch off the bed side table

Ernest Hemingway and Mabel Normand
Ernest Hemingway and Mabel Normand

SOUNDS LIKE:
M. Ward - The First Time I Ran Away

A new single from Lotus!

UserPostedImage
Single : All That Love
Artist : Lotus
Release Date : December 1st, 2013
Genre : Alternative Hip Hop
Label : Permanent Reminder
Written by : Sarojini Lui
Produced by : NinaT , inZane
Length : 5:14

"All That Love" ( sometimes also referred to as Nothing ) is a song recorded and written by Chinese-American hip hop artist Sarojini 'Lotus' Lui , from her debut studio album Forgotten Ceremony . It was released on December 1st, 2013 by Permanent Reminder , making it the first single Lotus has released after being signed on for 2 weeks . Upon it's release , it received a huge amount of critical acclaim from music critics , who enjoyed the steadily paced and heartfelt song from the rapper . The single was announced via Twitter by Lotus on November 29th after she tweeted that her debut album was being postponed . She was originally going to world premiere it on the Urban Music Awards , but since the award show was moved back at the last minute , the single was just released as planned .

Produced by NinaT , known for her previous work with her duo Rum & Coke and previous singles by Lotus , "All That Love" and was also co-produced by inZane . Lotus raps/sings it , switching back and forth between the two during the song . It was released to the iTunes Store on December 1st, 2013, and lasts for five minutes and fourteen seconds . The theme of the song according to Lotus came from a deep place inside of her . One would think she wrote "All That Love" about herself , but the rapper has revealed that she wrote this song about her late sister whom she never talks about . She wouldn't tell us how she died , but from this song , it gives us an idea or two . The song talks about how Lotus' sister who doesn't even know what love is , somehow falls in love and ends up getting played . But it goes deeper . She didn't know what she was feeling but still she dived in head first , putting all her trust , faith and most importantly love in him . In the hook of the song she explains how her sister didn't have enough love for the both of them , so she put it all in this man who mercilessly left her high and dry . After that , her sister went on to self destruct as stated in the second verse as she got hooked on drugs purposely to not only relieve the pain , but to relieve her from her life . In the first verse of the song it references the song 'Forest Gump' by singer Frank Ocean and uses the phrase 143 which stands for 'I love you' ( 1 letter in I , 4 letters in love and 3 letter in you ; originally invented as an easier to send to your partner's beeper ) , both used to express how deeply she felt for this man .

"All That Love" received a huge amount of critical acclaim from music critics who enjoyed the steadily paced and heartfelt song from the rapper . Lauren Nostro from Complex complimented Lotus' vision of Hip Hop from all of her singles , noting that she "continually refines" and "defines it's aesthetic", and noted that the track "beautifully and deeply put out a relatable situation and an even deeper reminder to girls all around " . Global Grind's Brittany Lewis described the song as one of the "profoundest" and "sincerest" rap songs of the year while Carl Williott of Idolator reviewed it and believed that the single took a "post-breakup song to absurd new heights". This comment actually made Lotus fire back at him on Twitter with her stating " [All That Love] is not a generic breakup song that went "overboard" . It comes from a real place , a real story and it happens a lot to women , especially from my generation . Don't be ignorant . "

[Verse 1]
Wake up in the morning
Already thinking of him
Oddly always on her mind , call it Forest Gumpin'
She don't understand it , don't even know what love is
Part of the reason why she can't see that all he wants is lovin'
So damn blind , it happens all the time
Cautionary tales seemed to have slipped her mind
She put forward all her trustin' and ignored the signs
Caught up in a fantasy, ain't thinking nothin' of it
He must be Prince Charmin'
Yea he's Prince Charmin'
He may not be perfect , but ain't there different versions ?
Disregardin' all the warnings , her heart's saying they're just hatin'
But her minds thinking different , still she isn't paying it no attention
'Cause 1-4-3
1-4-3
That's what the message reads every time her heart beats
But he ain't get the message
They warned her like discretion
Now he's playing her like a drum ... percussion

[Hook]
All that love , the love goes to waste
All that love , the love was in vein
Didn't have enough for both of them
So she put it all in him - put it - put it all in him
Put it all in him - put it - put it all in him
Now there's nothin' ...

[Verse 2]
Can't stop strippin'
Can't stop dippin'
Can't stop sipping 'cause she wants to stop livin'
So she never stops pushin'
Mollies stay poppin'
She's pushin' the limits but somehow still at the bottom
Under the influence but she claims she's over him
Closer to the top
The higher that she gets
The harder she's gonna drop
She's sick and tired of tryna hold on to her credit
So fuck it , she started using debit
Watch her image start to lessen
Watch her life start to cave in
All because of him
She'll never be the same
All because of him
Shit that you'd call nothing just took it to the max
Fuck is she to do when she gave a man all that she had ?
And he didn't send it back
Bet he didn't even notice it
She thought it was true love they had but he was only playing games
They told her not to do it
Damn she should've listened
But now it's too late 'cause ...

[Hook]
Now there's nothin' ...

[Bridge]
All that love she put it all in him
'Cause she didn't have enough for the both of them
Guess she should've learned what love was before she claimed she was in it
Mama always told her to love yourself more than you'll ever love him
Damn , she should've listened - damn , she - damn she should've listened

She put it all in him - put it - put it all in him

[Hook]
Now there's nothin' ...

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

RoseJapanFan on 09/12/2013(UTC), kandii on 09/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#11 Posted : 26 December 2013 20:20:12(UTC)
Matticus

Man

CHRISTMAS UPDATE!

Catch up with Kidd on his Morning Club Interview!
-Kidd Amaze sits and chats to DJ Envy, Charlamagne and Angela at Power 105.1FM. He chats about relationships and future projects!-

Liyah's new Single Salute - OUT NOW!
-Liyah releases her new Hardcore Hip-Hop single, featuring the vocals of labelmate Lotus and duo Rum & Coke.-

Carmen Grant's Album, Mercury, Streaming Now!
-Go and have a look at the amazing Debut Album by Carmen Grant. The Indie-Folk, Alternative-Country Album is sure to be a huge hit as the first release through Permanent Reminder!-
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

RoseJapanFan on 26/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#12 Posted : 14 January 2014 09:50:02(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Check Out Kidd's New Vidd!
The new music video for Kidd Amaze's latest single from his debut studio album!

Edited by user 14 January 2014 09:50:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

freestylechamp on 14/01/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/01/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#13 Posted : 19 January 2014 20:12:41(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Permanent Reminder Release a Statement

After the news that young rap starlet Lotus has been arrested last night, her record label have release a statement. Matt Young himself stood in front of the cameras to relay the message.

Matt Young, Permanent Reminder wrote:
We are aware of the situation that has arisen with Lotus, and of course we are disappointed that it has arisen with one of our contracted artists. We will NOT be releasing her from her contract right now because of this issue, but I personally will be having a conversation with her.

There are ways of dealing with the pressures of being a star, and unfortunately Lotus is still yet to find the correct ways of dealing with things. I give my sincerest apologies to the photographer who was injured from all here at Permanent Reminder.

So it looks like Lotus' recording contract is still in place after last night, but it must be in the balance now! One more slip up and who knows?!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

GirlSpice on 19/01/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 19/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#14 Posted : 20 January 2014 01:08:34(UTC)
Matticus

Man

THE NEWEST PART OF THE FAMILY!

UserPostedImage

We would like to give a warm welcome to the fantastic South African dance music star, Sabrina Franc! She's signed to us on a 1 album deal, but we're hoping to see big things!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

AmyJayneXoX on 20/01/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/01/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#15 Posted : 02 February 2014 23:22:16(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

RoseJapanFan on 03/02/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/02/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/02/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#16 Posted : 03 February 2014 03:49:20(UTC)
Matticus

Man

ANOTHER NEW SIGNING!

UserPostedImage

Welcome to the family Miss Ashley Grimmie! The Ex-Starfactory contestant has been making waves in the industry recently, and with the self released EP smash Underdog it was only a matter of time before a label came in to sign her! We all look forward to some amazing things!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

mebeme101 on 03/02/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/02/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#17 Posted : 14 February 2014 07:45:24(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Kidd Amaze Announces His Debut Studio Album!

UserPostedImage
Album:Kidd At the Adult Table
Artist: Kidd Amaze
Genre: Hip-Hop, Rap
Label: Permanent Reminder
Format: CD, Mp3 download
Produced:TJ Cousins, MattY
Release; March 2014

Well with so much hype from the mixtape “Listen and Be Amazed,” It’s no wonder fans waited for the Kidd’s album to see if he was as good as advertised or will he fade out as quickly as he busted in. This is the first studio project by the rapper and talks about how his life has changed and how fame around him has changed.

Quote:
In a lot of families including mine, there is a table or area for adults only and then there is a table for the kids. You see this a lot around the holidays and when you get to be a certain age there is a transition and this was nothing different but it was my way to kind of show the difference in where my mind is at now from where I was struggling to get here.

Kidd came to this album while finishing on "Listen and Be Amazed," and looked to get better on his lyric writing ability. At the end of last year many new artist including Kidd Amaze broke out to what would be a good year for rapper that was on the declined. Although Kidd is talk about he hasn't hit the level of success that others had but he looks to be known for his lyrical content and not the marketability of sales. With that comes a loyal fan base and some who do even like rap in general finding his music enjoyable. He has one single from the album out already with a music video but it didn't grab people like he would have liked. "Hate That I Love You" is out now, and he expects to release another song called Iron Fist, a throwback to one of his favorite video games Tekken. Kidd has also gone comical as instead of a regular booklet has a stick figure contextual cartoon that goes along with the CD.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

snap_itshannah on 14/02/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/02/2014(UTC), kandii on 14/02/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#18 Posted : 24 February 2014 03:37:50(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

snap_itshannah on 24/02/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/02/2014(UTC), kandii on 24/02/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#19 Posted : 16 October 2014 00:19:17(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd went to the front of the studio to make sure that everyone their would notice him and what he was about to do. "Everyone, Thank you for all the help that you have giving me, and I will never forget what you guys have done for me. So I don't want this to come as a surprise but I feel like it is time for me to break out on my own. I don't want people questions the things I want to do with my career and I want to be my own man. Just know that I will always have much love and respect for matt young and everyone here at Permanent Reminder. That being said I learn a lot from him and I think it's time for me to step up to the plate. So with the help of Carmen we decided to create our own label called Just Record, where the message is very simple just record your music. Don't worry about if you going to get promoted or not, as an artist we feel that it is important for you to be focus on your career and the bast way to do that is to make sure you put out the best music can you put out and it hard to do that when you think about getting a push from your label, if you are getting the right buzz. So we want to take that off your plate and have you put your trust in us. I haven't been out long enough to know the business side of things but I do know how important it is for people to hear about you before you put something out to really get momentum on yourside. For everything that I don't know Carmen will know it, she has been around longer and knows that it takes to keep people excited about your music and also focus on the business side of things. I want to let everyone know that feels the way we feel to come with us. Again I want to tell everyone at permanent reminder take you for letting my album be something special. and I hope that you guys have continue success as well."

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 16/10/2014(UTC), kandii on 23/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#20 Posted : 23 October 2014 08:07:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Under new management, coming soon.

-Symoné
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 3 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 23/10/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/10/2014(UTC)