logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#41 Posted : 02 March 2014 04:33:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8542 time(s) in 2676 post(s)
Title: “Too Legit To Quit!”
Date: March 1, 2014
Who: Adam Benjamin
State of Mind: Defiant

UserPostedImage

“Life is interesting, isn’t it?

I guess it should always be though, right? I mean if it isn’t then we’d probably all just drop down dead of boredom, at least I’m pretty sure that I would anyway, I dunno about you guys, though. Anyhow, it’s been a bizarre beginning to what we had hoped would be the start of the most incredible year of our lives. Two members of our band decided that they didn’t wanna do this thing anymore, which we all learnt to accept. It did take some of us a little longer to accept it than others and I’m sure that our fans probably know who and why that was. But we venture on, because we believe in what we do, what we have done and what we envision us doing in the future. But change is an inevitable thing, for all of us really and I’m not totally 100% fond of change, it scares me, like crazy … liiiike did you ever see the movie ‘Poltergeist’? well it’s scary like that voice from the movie, yanno the one that says ‘Carol Anne’ in that creepy way? Yeah, terrifying, but we carry on, we brave the storm and we continue to fight the good fight and this is how we have approached these last two months … it could have been so very easy to just say, “okay we’ve had a good run but now we’ll go our separate ways”, but we aren’t ready to do that just yet, now I’m not saying that we have another album in us, we are writing and trying to figure out what we have left to say as a band and we truly hope that we do find a new sense of inspiration, enough of which to put out a new record in the future, but right now, I’m not gonna lie, we aren’t quite feeling it. Fortunately though, we are continuing onwards in the only true way that we know, that we’ve ever known and that is via the medium of live performance. We have the biggest tour of our career lined-up and so far we’ve completed the first leg of it, more dates will be announced soon which will see us through to the end of the year. Pretty weird considering everybody seems to think that we’ve broken up, well apart from all of the FANS which have helped make each show a complete sell-out. We did post quite a lengthy blog back in December about our plans for the future and stuff and the fact that we plan to carry on as a band, but yanno, if they say we’ve broken up then yeah, we’ve broken up.

I’d like to take a moment just clear up any confusion … R!OT HAVE DEFINITELY NOT BROKEN UP! :)

I hope that’s confirmation enough for those that are in a state of flux and flow regarding our bands status. Now we do all have things going on outside of R!ot, Amy has a record label and is in the process/procrastinating of writing a stage show adaptation of Peter Pan, Jason is on the verge of opening a clothing label in London with his fiancé and I … well I’m sort of at a loose end right now, yesterday I found myself sitting in a pair of PJ’s all day, eating Cheerio’s and watching old wrestling videos (Scotty 2 Hotty ftw!), but when I’m not considering imitating ‘The Worm’ I’m writing some songs and stuff for a new album. So despite the fact that the band are very much alive and kicking, we do manage to find time to pursue our own ventures and this is a good thing!

So just before I finish talking with my words and stuff, I want to begin a war, a rivalry of sorts. Now don’t worry, I have my war-paint ready, I may be small but I’m quick, so I just want to say that if you are gonna write about music or anything really, it’s probably a good idea to make sure that you get the big facts sort of right, I mean otherwise you’re just embarrassing yourself … and I know a lot about embarrassing yourself, I do it all the time, like almost 24/7. But yeah, get facts right dudes, but yanno, I’m willing to fight ya if you don’t! Be afraid people, I’m car-a-zeeee! *NINJA PUNCH* … see what I mean, so yeah … Do you even lift, bro? Come at me … see where it gets ya! RAAAAWRR! 8)
Byyyyyyyyeeeeez!!

- Adam ‘The Warrior Princess’
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 02/03/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/03/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 02/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/05/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#42 Posted : 02 March 2014 04:46:29(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Jordan: HORRAY!! out of all the bands out there I think Riot! is the most well known and my favorite so far.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 02/03/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#43 Posted : 02 March 2014 07:13:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: This is great news. The rumors that you guys broke up set the industry alight. I'm glad you will continue the greatness you all have created and I'm looking forward to catching one of the upcoming shows! Thank you for clearing things up Adam. Culture Uncut can really set the wrong tone!

OOC: Love his personality lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#44 Posted : 02 March 2014 07:19:27(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Adam: so glad you guys are not spliting up I honestly thought it was true so glad its not

OOC - I love him so much his to adorable
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#45 Posted : 06 May 2014 01:45:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Title: “Conundrums”
Date: May 5, 2014
Who: Adam Benjamin
State of Mind: Melancholy

UserPostedImage

“Well, it’s about time that we gave another update for you people!

We have announced more dates for the ‘Wild Young Things’ world tour, we’re all very excited to be heading back to Europe this summer, topless beaches in Spain? Yes please and I can confirm that my man breasts will be making an appearance on those very beaches, form a queue ladies! We’re all very excited to hang out with our European fans once more, this tour has been more ground-breaking for us than any of the previous ones so far, because we’ve gotten the chance thanks to accessible meet and greets and a lack of security to hang out with you before and after shows, it’s been a great thing to get closer to our fans and actually spend time with you all and we’ve made new friends along the way and we’ve shared our own stories and listened to you share yours too and at the very heart of what we are and what we do, remove the singles, release dates, promotion and all that corporate level nonsense that’s what the band is about, for me anyway and I’m like 99.9% sure Amy and Jason feel the same way on the situation. We’ve shared our stories, our dreams, our fears and insecurities with all of you and you’ve done the same to us, we listen to your stories and we’re not all that different.

So, in keeping with that theme … I’m as lost as anybody, I never feel as alone as when I’m in a room filled with people. I’m never happier than when I’m just with my four closest friends, and even then when we hang out over a few drinks, a couple of hours in and I’m sat on Amy’s kitchen floor staring blankly at the wall, all my fears come to the forefront. You see I’m without direction right now, I’m a man of simplicity, I’m kind to people and I hope for the same in return. But sometimes I just feel incredibly disconnected, I always put on a brave face and make a silly joke because I know that if I do that, then nobody will look deep into my eyes and see just how lost I am, I’m not in a state of constant sadness, no not by a long shot, at the very core of my heart is joy, and happiness and most of all love, but I’m just very lost and it feels like I’ve been wandering for the longest time along a path which just isn’t mine. I think I know what it is that I truly want, being on tour so much doesn’t help to make it happen, it pushes it further away, in that sense it is very much a double-edged sword. I just want that love that keeps my heart in the clouds, you know? I see it with Amy and her boyfriend and Jason and his wife and my brother and his girlfriend and I see it in the eyes of my parents and my grandparents and I see it in the faces of couples in the crowd singing romantic lyrics of an all-conquering love the passion as they sing the lines back to each other in perfect synchronicity and I silently wonder to myself, what about me? What is it that I’ve done so wrong in my life to not get to experience the feelings that all of these people have fluttering around in their perfect little hearts.

I’ve spoken to my friends about the difficulties and that maybe just maybe I’m starting to get a little jaded, that’s the great thing about being in a band with your best friends, they know what comes first and it’s a little disappointing to have to announce this to the fans that may hope to see me in the coming weeks, but I’ll not be around for the rest of the Australia and New Zealand leg of the tour. I need to take a little breather and attempt to fix the sad broken pieces of me that are starting to crack and widen because if I don’t now, then I’m worried that the hole will get bigger and it will become unfixable and we don’t want that to happen. My brother Jake will be joining the tour while I’m gone, he’s been playing guitar with us for years back home and so I’m sure he’ll fit in perfectly well. For me, I’ll be back for the European leg of the tour in June, hopefully with a smile as bright as possible and a million little lights in my heart again.
So until I see you all on the road again, be lovely to each other. :)"

Adam Benjamin
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 06/05/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 06/05/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#46 Posted : 13 July 2014 02:52:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“WITH HEAVY HEARTS AND HEAVY HANDS”
July 12, 2014

“Dear friends, fans and followers;

It’s with a heavy heart that we announce that Riot! In The Boulevard will be taking a much needed break. There have been constant rumours since last year that our band would be breaking up and although we’ve continuously attempted to battle against those rumours we have to today announce that we’re gonna hit the pause button on this thing for a little while. We have another nineteen shows to perform on our world tour in Europe which will end in August and we will be done for a while after these shows. It’s been the wildest ride and four of the greatest years of our lives, all of which wouldn’t have been made possible if it wasn’t for the incredible support that we’ve received from all of our fans and peers. It’s been a tough decision to make, but all three of us feel like we need to get out of this cycle that is ‘Riot!’ and take a little time for ourselves. We’re sure to be working on our own things in the time that we spend away from the band, but we still remain extremely passionate with regards to our music and legacy as ‘Riot!’.

We hope that we have made each of you extremely proud to call yourself our fans, and we will definitely see you all again sometime in the future. Because ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ will be back at some point, we are definitely not putting a period at the end of this, more like an ellipses.
So for all the support that you gave us … THANK YOU!”

> Riot! In The Boulevard
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 13/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 13/07/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/07/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 31/07/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#47 Posted : 13 July 2014 03:19:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: No :( I hope to see you guys later in life together again but I look forward to your solo work so thanks for the amazing memories and music!!!

Edited by user 13 July 2014 03:19:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 13/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Taylr2  
#48 Posted : 13 July 2014 05:07:43(UTC)
Taylr2

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Taylor: Devastated to hear this guys but sometimes these things are just for the best. I'll definitely have to make one of your Europe shows before your tour ends. Hope everything works out well for you guys!
thanks 1 user thanked Taylr2 for this useful post.
Offline Squeege  
#49 Posted : 13 July 2014 20:42:27(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Johnny: Sometimes bands tour and play so much together. That time together that use to be fun now becomes exasperating. You are in a way a dysfunctional family. Every band is whether they want to admit or not. Eventually everybody's quirks and habits that were easy to dismiss start to test the nerves. Some people feel slighted in some ways. The creative process breaks down because you can't stand minutes or seconds around each other without wanting to strangle the person next to you. Then everybody sits back and says, "I think it's time to take a break." It's like when a relationship breaks down. It's one of those things. You go see each other people for a while then you realize what you're missing after some time apart. Then once everybody's on the same page again you get together again. Often times that's when the best music starts to come out. After time away, to collect, and breathe. You get that fresh start. At least that's how it was in my experience.
UserPostedImage]

Owner of: Nobody's Darlings

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
thanks 1 user thanked Squeege for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#50 Posted : 14 July 2014 04:30:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: No :( I hope to see you guys later in life together again but I look forward to your solo work so thanks for the amazing memories and music!!!

Amy: Awww thanks Jen! We will almost certainly be back. Just need a little time to try out some different things :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#51 Posted : 14 July 2014 04:32:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Taylr2 Go to Quoted Post
Taylor: Devastated to hear this guys but sometimes these things are just for the best. I'll definitely have to make one of your Europe shows before your tour ends. Hope everything works out well for you guys!

Amy: Well, you know me! If you're gonna show up at one of our gigs then we'll just have to pull you up onstage! ;) It's gonna be a little weird doing things without Jason and Adam but it's exciting at the same time!

Adam: Buddy, let me join Dead Roses! I don't want a job in McDonalds :(
Offline C4AJoh  
#52 Posted : 14 July 2014 04:34:42(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Squeege Go to Quoted Post
Johnny: Sometimes bands tour and play so much together. That time together that use to be fun now becomes exasperating. You are in a way a dysfunctional family. Every band is whether they want to admit or not. Eventually everybody's quirks and habits that were easy to dismiss start to test the nerves. Some people feel slighted in some ways. The creative process breaks down because you can't stand minutes or seconds around each other without wanting to strangle the person next to you. Then everybody sits back and says, "I think it's time to take a break." It's like when a relationship breaks down. It's one of those things. You go see each other people for a while then you realize what you're missing after some time apart. Then once everybody's on the same page again you get together again. Often times that's when the best music starts to come out. After time away, to collect, and breathe. You get that fresh start. At least that's how it was in my experience.

Jason: I think the time just felt right, I guess it was kinda inevitable really! We've done all that we could in the past four years and now we have these opportunities to do our own thing for a little while. I think a break is always a beneficial thing and I can definitely see the band going on to greater things in the future. It's just for now we gotta sit back and reflect on what we've done and be proud of that legacy for now and when the time comes, we'll get it going again and we'll try to improve on what we've done so far!
Offline C4AJoh  
#53 Posted : 17 August 2014 00:30:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“TONIGHT, WE ARE MORE THAN JUST WORDS ON A PAGE
WE ARE INFINITE ... WE ARE EVERLASTING [THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!]”

August 16, 2014

UserPostedImage

“Alright guys and girls, this is it I guess ...

We weren’t too sure about doing this, but it felt wrong for us to not give you guys an official goodbye for now. Because of the nature of your support for us in the past four plus years, we feel like we should take the time to properly thank you all for every second of your time and we hope that you feel it wasn’t time wasted. Now those of you that really pay attention to the band will know that this year has been completely different than of the previous three years for the band, we’ve not gone out and done the magazine interviews and articles, we’ve not even released anything this year in terms of music and a lot of you have already guessed the reason for it, the reason for it being that we wanted to just do what we wanted from the very start. ... And that was to head out on the road and perform for you guys as much as we could, that is the main reason why we haven’t been plastered on TV screens and magazine covers, because we had a vague idea that this could be our last tour for a little while and we wanted to do it the way that we always wanted to do it, no hype, just a band on a stage, performing to their fans the songs that they all loved so dearly and we feel like we have accomplished that this year and we hope that you all feel we made the correct decision!

The timing does feel right though, in the past year all three of us have gone through things that we’ve not experienced before, we’ve been challenged not just as musicians but as people too and we know that we’re a lot stronger now than we ever were before and you guys that support us know all about facing all kinds of obstacles, we read your stories and messages and we could not ask for a greater fanbase/family and you tell us backstage at shows how our music helped you to battle whatever troubles you’ve been having and it fills up our hearts but we gotta say, it’s replicated, it really is. You need to know that we wouldn’t be the people that we are today if it wasn’t for your incredible support, you’re the ones that have kept the three of us on the right path throughout these past four years and we are and will forever be grateful for that.
Now we know that some of you will feel upset and a little hurt that we have decided to draw a line under things as a band and the fact that we’re all gonna be going away for a little while, but when we say this, we need to re-iterate that it’s the absolute honest truth, the three of us continue to love each other just as much as we always have and that this is not the infinite end of the band, this is not us saying that Riot! Is done forever, this is not a period, this is not even an exclamation point, this is just an ellipses, this is a brb not a goodbye!

So while we’re away, we want you to go out into the big wide world with the sort of love and passion that you’ve shown to the three of us over the years. Whatever dreams you all have in your heart, we encourage you to follow them because it’s what keeps us all alive, we have to continue to dream, no matter how big or small your dreams are, they are yours!
Music ... Continue to love it, no matter what your tastes are, remain open-minded to other genres and don’t judge people because of their own tastes, it’s uniqueness and it’s what sets us apart but it’s also what brings us together. Again we cannot re-iterate this enough, try to be as open-minded as possible when it comes to music, it’s not just about rock music as wonderful and powerful as the genre is, it’s about art and emotion and feeling, whether a song brings you to tears or gets your dancing, music is unbelievably important, it will help you through life, we absolutely promise you that.

I think we’ve spoken enough now, let’s not drag this thing out any longer. Tonight we will close this chapter of the story at Wembley Stadium in London, England and we will give it our everything, because you guys have given us your everything. So we will see you tonight and then we’re sure we’ll see you again someday soon (hopefully)!
Thank you so very much for the love and passion!

> Adam, Amy and Jason
thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 17/08/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 17/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/08/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#54 Posted : 17 August 2014 02:03:29(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: It's sad to see but it is nice to see that you guys won't be gone completely. Nobody is going to be like Biot! But it was nice to see the story and the rise.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#55 Posted : 09 June 2015 04:31:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

“We will chant these words of scripture
Until they echo through the hearts of the lost and the lonesome
This is not another teenage mantra
Because broken souls killed the kids that once were wholesome"

COMING SOON

thanks 10 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 09/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 09/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 09/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 09/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 10/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 10/06/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#56 Posted : 28 June 2015 00:11:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

RIOT! IN THE BOULEVARD - "BOYCOTT LOVE" [COMING IN AUGUST 2015]

"Which track are you most excited to listen to?
Let us know which track you want to hear as the next single ... make your voice heard!"
thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 28/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 28/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#57 Posted : 28 June 2015 02:17:17(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Bill Owens: Really excited for this...No doubt I want "Revolt/Resist" as a single, NOW!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
thanks 1 user thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#58 Posted : 28 June 2015 02:33:40(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
EzraOfficial: "First Class Saints" sounds really interesting. I'd like that as single but "With Clear Eyes and Full Hearts" sounds amazing too.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#59 Posted : 28 June 2015 04:40:54(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: What? You're letting me decide? Have I told you guys how much I love you lol? Hmmm I choose Poster Kids of Pop-Punk. The title speaks to me. Okay, not really but it sounds cool.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#60 Posted : 28 June 2015 18:26:42(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: "It's true what they said, romance is dead" sounds killer!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.