logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#21 Posted : 05 October 2013 09:30:05(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

'Come Alive' by Vanity finishes playing and the show begins.

Hi everyone! It's the 'Kegan Radio Show' on BBC Radio 1 and you just listened to 'Come Alive' by Vanity. Our guest for today is the beautiful Gemma Kane.

Hi Gemma, how're you doing?
Hey Kegan, I am doing excellent. Thank you *smiles*

So you released your debut single 'We Had The Power' as a solo artist. How did that feel?
To tell you the honest truth, it was very nerve racking. Sort of like, launching my career in a different way...starting fresh. So I had the debut jitters like no tomorrow but at the same time I felt so excited to get my music out there to my fans who have been waiting and to potential fans that I can garner on the way. Having the chance to be able to tell my story to different audiences was probably the most exciting of it all. I was just hoping that many people enjoyed the record because it's just the start of my solo career.

Leaving your group must have been difficult, was it?
Of course. I loved the girls like sisters. But there comes a time when enough is enough and you just can't take the fighting and the tension anymore. It really becomes a battle of it's own with who you are. It's exhausting. I am a type of person who does not like conflict and won't mind resolving it, but when conflict becomes permanent.. the only thing that I can do is walk. I've known the girls since our first year in college and we've been through thick and thin together, memories on top of memories and of course when you don't have that anymore it was difficult for me in the beginning but I was relieved as well. No more fighting.

How did all the problems within the group actually start?
I think it all began when we really started being recognized..that's where it started. It's sad that fame and attention would break up a group when really, our bond is suppose to keep us together. After Starfactory and our debut single, it all just started to fall apart from there, with no coming back.

Do you still talk to some of the other members?
No I haven't spoken to the girls in months. Aside from Natalya. But it's never a friendly conversation. Everyone else seems to be doing their own thing and I spoke to the Mercedes and Lily in April and we had a quick catch up of how we were doing and that was about it.

Well, I know what it means to end a relationship and how hard it is to talk to that person again. But ok, we're taking a short break now! To our listeners, remember to send your questions for Gemma with the usual hashtag, #KeganDawsonShow while you also listen to this amazing song, 'Bless Me' by Stephanie Fierce.

'Bless Me' by Stephanie Fierce plays and Kegan speaks at the end.

"Welcome back to the 'Kegan Dawson Show' on BBC Radio 1. It's 5:18 pm and we have Gemma Kane here."

Gemma, going back to your music, do you already have a release date for your album?
I am aiming to have the album released this fall. I have been in the studio non stop putting this record together for all the fans to enjoy and it's coming along amazingly. I believe it should be all set and ready by September or October the latest. It all depends on if I am truly happy with the ending outcome and by the looks of it I believe everything will be on track for the fall.

Should we expect other tracks similar to 'We Had The Power' or are there gonna be songs with a different sound?
We Had The Power has this dramatic cinematic feel to it and I think that works really well with my voice, but I don't want the album to sound too 'movie soundtrack' like, so there's the dramatic records but I went easy with those type of records because they can become overbearing. There's a variety on the record but it predominately dance oriented with some EDM, and R&B. I've really been having fun in the studio recording the record and knowing that people who loved lashes, who love We Got The Power, who love EDM will really enjoy this record.

Can you tell the names of any producers or songwriters? Or even the names of some features...
I've been in the studio lately with The Wolverines and I have a few studio sessions with Max Martin and Dr Luke coming up. My husband James has produced on the record and has written with me. There's Peter Katias, but that's all I am going to name right now. There's a few more really cool producers on the album and they'll be announced as we get closer to the album release date. We're almost halfway through, but still a lot of work needs to be done.

Sounds pretty interesting, it's gonna be a good album I can tell. We're taking another break now. Everyone listen to this song and keep sending your questions.

After 'Heart Of Titanium' by the Teen Titans finishes playing, Kegan speaks.

"Ok, so here we are are back to ask more questions to Gemma Kane, guest of the day here at the 'Kegan Dawson Show' on BBC Radio 1."

So Gemma, you married James Urie last year. How did you guys meet?
*Smiles*. We met on the set of of Starfactory. Sparks flew from the moment I laid eyes on him but he would have never known. He approached me and from there we never looked backed. So glad I have met him.

And why did you decide to keep your surname Kane instead of using James' one for your stage name.
With all due respect to James...I want to build a brand for myself and my fans. Not as James Urie's wife. And when you hear the name, be honest... that's the first thing you think. So we both thought it would be best for my career if I went with my maiden name. As long as he understands, that's all that matters.

Well of course. But talking about your career again, what are the plans for the next few months?
To finish my debut album and no one knows this but I'll be touring with Vanity really soon! Which is something I am really excited about. Aside from touring, yeah, finishing my album, getting out some singles and embarking on my own headlining tour. Cannot wait.

And what about the future? I mean like in five years.
In the next five years, I want to still be performing and recording an album but by then it'll be 2018....I am hoping James and I will have a family started because by then I think we'll be situated enough to start a family and still juggle being parents and recording artists. Let's hope it all works out the way I really want it to. Which I am pretty sure it will. By then I want kids most definitely.

"I think you're right, you don't need to rush things. That's actually a mistake I even did myself. Anyway we're now taking one last break to pick your questions for Gemma and play this amazing song from Isabel for you guys! It's 'Who To Trust?', enjoy. "

'Who To Trust?' by Isabel plays and at the end, Kegan playfully hums a bit of the chorus and then speaks.

Amazing song, right? But it's time to ask Gemma the questions that you sent.

The first one is from Stephen who asks "Hello Gemma, what was the last song you listened to?"
Weekend's "Out Of My Mind". It's a cute song. Love them.

And the next questions is from Cody. He asks you "What's your favourite song off your album?"
That's a reeaaaally hard question and I really cannot choose right now. There's many different songs that I can say are my favorite. Right now I'll just go with my single We Had The Power...but I LOVE a lot more...just can't spill the beans like that!

Ok, another one from Ashley. "Hey Gemma, you were always my favourite on the 'Star Factory'. Was being on the show a good experience?"
Awww thank you Ashley. The show was an amazing experience! I am so grateful for having the opportunity to be a part of Starfactory and compete. To tell the truth, if it weren't for that show I wouldn't be sitting here right now... hell, I wouldn't have even met my husband. So being on Starfactory, and although we didn't win, it was seriously a life changing experience that I would re live any day all over again.

The last question is from Zoey who wrote "I love you Gemma, who's your biggest inspiration?"
I've always loved Vanity since my teen years. She's very inspiring. She's a fighter and she's always pushing boundaries and trying new things. The Vanity four years ago is totally different from the Vanity today. Reinvention is the key.

Ok, that was it! Thanks Gemma for coming to the show.
Thank you for having me Kegan! I hope to see you around soon!

Hope to see you too. And the show is now over but I hope our listeners enjoyed this interview and I'm leaving them with this last cool song by Destinee & Adele, it's 'You're My Incentive'. See you all next week again!

'You're My Incentive' by Destinee & Adele plays ending the show.

Edited by user 22 December 2015 15:04:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 05/10/2013(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#22 Posted : 05 October 2013 09:30:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

Genre: Pop, Trance, Pop-rock
Release Date:
Label: Kiss My Pop
Producers: James Urie, Peter Katias, Max Martin
Song Writers: Gemma Kane-Urie, J. Urie

Lashes. The beauty, the glitz, the glamor, the competition. You may or may not have heard of the girlgroup who rose to fame last year after partaking in the world biggest singing competition, Starfactory. With their risque performances and undeniable chemistry shown in as early as their first performance, not only did the judges believe that the females were destined for greatness but many of the viewers at home felt the same way. Although they did not win the competition, their impact alone on the competition almost instantly gave the girls a gateway to expand pass the competition. After releasing their debut single to a commercial success the band made up of Gemma Kane, Natayla, Dobros, Lily Rose, and Mercedes Gomez disbanded. The clash of egos, direction of the group and the eagerness of each member to do their own solo work seemed to be the only logical reason as to why the girls broke up. We may or may not ever know what the true story is. But we are not here to talk about Lashes.

Gemma Kane, who was known as the front woman of Lashes and ultimately the founder has had quite a good year away from music. After marrying James Urie in late 2012, Kane announced that she had been working on solo music and eventually an album to all be released in 2013. Her supporters have been waiting for quite a while as they anticipate her solo debut and after being signed to Kiss My Pop in April of 2013, we have been waiting for the exact time of when Mrs. Urie would be debuting her solo work, and most of all whether or not she could stand on her own without the girls of Lashes by her side. Today, is the day where all the Gemma Kane fans will finally see what she has been working on for all this time. With summer 2013 just right around the corner many singers, rappers and musicians are easily getting ready for the capitalize off of the summers music season and the singles and albums have been stacking up. Today, we get the addition, and a possible insight into how Gemma really feels about the Lashes turmoil?

We Had The Power is the debut single by pop recording artist Gemma Kane. The song was written by Gemma Kane with an additional writing credit going to James Urie. The song starts off with a subtle guitar riff that taps quickly but quietly for the first three seconds of the song without any type of vocals. Right after the three second mark, the guitar riffs still continue to sway lightly under Gemma's voice which is known to be powerful, but she makes it all the more strong and captivating over the guitar riffs under her voice. She sings: We had it all, we had the spirit|We're beautiful, and revealing |We stood so tall, we had the feeling |Yet looks are so deceiving. Gemma sings with much emotion, already making the opening part of the song easily captivating. After her previous lines, she continues to sing with unorthodoxed eerie beats that begin to pound in an odd pattern that makes the record all the more compelling with the guitar riffs becoming harder. We smile right now, but frowning later|We put on this front, to keep us favored |We're out of sound, we're out of sync |We're not so proud of what we made |We're out of rhythm, for heavens sake |OH!. It is becoming more clearer about what Kane is speaking of. After Gemma belts out "OH!", the eerie beats get into a pattern and begin to pound behind Gemma vocals and the guitar riffs. Gemma sings quick but with an eerie emotion to her vocals as she sings about the loss of people from her past. I've got a feeling |There's no more forgiving |We let it just the take us |The fame yes it breaks us |And we will not find it |Find where had lost it|The power to love again. It is becoming a more more clearer as to what Gemma is singing of, as the song goes on the smart lyrical choice becomes more clear to understand.

The song then breaks into a trance inspired breakdown, with a lift off synth accompanying it as Gemma belts out "We Had The Power". The guitar riff still relentless behind her vocals as she continues to sing out "We Got The Power" four times. Right after, another lift off synth soars over the track when Gemma belts out "Now I'll do it alone" that quickly goes into a rapid word repetition of o-o-own making it enjoyable to sing along to and chant like especially with the echoing behind Gemma's vocals. After the rapid word repetition, Gemma belts out "We Had The Power" two more times. After that, the song does not take a break as it breaks into the next verse of the track. Here, we are taken off guard with quick and relentless snare drum backbeat almost making it sound drum line like. The percussion continue with the track along with the same guitar riffs as Gemma continues to dramatically sing. We know, what we were seeking |In our search, we could have reached it |With every word, it became more demeaning| In the end we were internally bleeding .There's no more beautiful souls, that were once breathing|Only broken hearts, quickly fatiguing |We're dying out, with anger secreting |I've gotta get outta here, I'm tired of screaming |With pain and fear, we're depleting.

The beat then slows down just a bit, with the snare drums taking a rest as the hook finds its way back onto the track. Gemma sings this part once again, with her same emotion and captivating voice that mixes perfectly with the dramatic manner of the track that seems to have Gemma speaking of past fight with loved ones that ended quite nasty. After Gemma sings that, the quick snare drum finds its way back onto the track as the chorus finds its way back to the track. It's bigger this time with the drums and backing beat. Gemma belts out "We Had The Power" four times in a strong vocal. Right after, a lift off synth is heard soars over the track when Gemma belts out "Now I'll do it alone" that quickly goes into a rapid word repetition of o-o-own making. Gemma then belts out "We Had The Power" two more times. This is repeated four times as Gemma sings "Now I'll Do It Alone" with a little vocal play until the song comes to a haunting stop.

Gemma Kane gives a dramatic story or ode that can easily be linked to either a past relationship or past friendships that has us thinking the "Lashes breakup" as she sings heavily over this dramatic and ultimately catchy track that sounds honest and most of all big. You be the judge? Do you think Gemma Kane will be able to stand on her own? This new single hits stores today!

"WE HAD THE POWER"

We had it all, we had the spirit
We're beautiful, and revealing
We stood so tall, we had the feeling
Yet looks are so deceiving

We smile right now, but frowning later
We put on this front, to keep us favored
We're out of sound, we're out of sync
We're not so proud of what we made
We're out of rhythm, for heavens sake
OH!

I've got a feeling
There's no more forgiving
We let it just the take us
The fame yes it breaks us
And we will not find it
Find where we had lost it
The power to love again

We had the power
We had the power
We had the power
We had the power
Now I'll do it alone-
O-o-o-own
O-o-o-own
O-o-o-own
We had the power
We had the power

We know, what we were seeking
In our search, we could have reached it
With every word, it became more demeaning
In the end we were internally bleeding

There's no more beautiful souls, that were once breathing
Only broken hearts, quickly fatiguing
We're dying out, with anger secreting
I've gotta get outta here, I'm tired of screaming
With pain and fear, we're depleting

I've got a feeling
And we will not find it
The power to love again

We had the power
We had the power
We had the power
We had the power
Now I'll do it alone-
O-o-o-own
O-o-o-own
O-o-o-own
We had the power
We had the power
Now I'll do it alone [4x]

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 05/10/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#23 Posted : 16 December 2015 04:28:34(UTC)
Famouss7x7

GEMMA KANE PRESENTS:

UserPostedImage

"PRECIOUS" - THE EP

RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 23RD, 2015
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 16/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 16/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 16/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 16/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 20/12/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#24 Posted : 18 December 2015 12:33:44(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

EP Title: Precious
Label: FivePeskyKids
Genre: Pop, Dance Pop, Synth Pop, Electro-Pop
Producers: mister_b, The Wolverines, George Reid, The Invisible Men,
Peter Katias, Max Martin

TRACKLISTING:

UserPostedImage

RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 24th, 2015
STREAMING BEGINS: DECEMBER 20th, 2015

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 20 December 2015 15:31:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Atonic Records on 18/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 18/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 18/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 18/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 19/12/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 20/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 20/12/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/12/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#25 Posted : 20 December 2015 00:41:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Cara: Really looking forward to hearing this EP, I think 2016 could be a huge year for you! Get em'
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#26 Posted : 21 December 2015 07:08:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK ONE - CRAZY DESIRES

UserPostedImage

Writers:Cara Zayn, Gemma Kane
Genre: Dance Pop, Synth Pop, Electro-Pop
Producers: mister_b

Crazy Desires is the first track taken off of Gemma Kane' EP, "Precious". The record is an opener to the eight tracks that the pop songstress is offering us on her EP that has been long awaited. For most of the year Gemma Kane has been offering us one off singles only building anticipation for an actual project that fans have been hungry to get their hands on. After much speculation the EP was announced via twitter by Gemma's frequent collaborator mister_b who explained that he was putting finishing touches on a project that would be released really soon. This only excited fans even more, who assumed that was indeed Gemma who was set to release an EP. To their avail, the EP was announced and the artwork was revealed to the public.

"Precious" was officially announced along with it's track listing that boasts eight tracks that Gemma called "just a preview" to what was coming in the new year. It's first track "Crazy Desires" was written by Cara Zayn along with Gemma Kane and was produced by mister_b. The record is a perfect opener for the mini album from Gemma as it offers us a nice amount of energy and production from Gemma and mister_b with confident lyrics. Mister_b's production is clean and sophisticated, while Gemma's voice eludes with the song's piercing lyrics that are carefree, sexy and sensual and Gemma sings in a way that blends forcefully with the production along with sweet, personality filled soulful vocals. This record makes it clear that Gemma is finding her niche in sound and us as listeners will be exposed to that throughout the EP as she rises to become a world renown superstar in 2016.

Let’s take a ride baby, let’s get out of this town
It looks like our city’s burning in flames and every bodies going down
You’ve got some fuel in the tank, booze and cigarettes
We’ll start over again, this time without regrets
And you’ve got all of me
Baby I just long for your body
Undressing you with my eyes
These are my crazy desires

We made it out alive
And I’ve got a new sensation
I’m staring at your eyes
You’re my fixation
My body pressed up against you tonight
It’s just you and me
We’ll set the world alight

Feeling your body inside of me
I’m aching for this new kind of ecstasy
The eyes of a bad boy
And the tattoed skin
Is enough to draw me in

When I place my arms around your neck
You say you love the smell of whiskey on my breath
Blowing smoke rings from your cigarette
It turns me on, badly
Feeling your body inside of me
I’m aching for this new kind of ecstasy
The eyes of a bad boy
And the tattoed skin
Is enough to draw me in

Tonight we’ll take a ride outta town
Our city’s burning in flames and everybodies going down
Fuel in the tank, booze and cigarettes
We’ll start over again
No regrets
And you’ve got all of me
Baby I just long for your body
Undressing you with my eyes
These are my crazy desires

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

BrownSugar on 21/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 21/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 21/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 21/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 21/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/12/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#27 Posted : 21 December 2015 07:11:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK TWO - CRUEL

UserPostedImage

Writers: Gemma Kane
Genre: Synth Pop, Electro, Punk
Producers: mister_b, Aiidan Davis

Gemma. As you may know the former leading member of the short lived girlband 'Lashes' has been floating around for quite some time now in the music industry. Never really exactly taking full on control of her solo work even though she has constantly stated that she has been working on new music. The only time we got solo work from Gemma was last year shortly after Lashes broke up and the blonde bombshell released promotional single 'We Had The Power', the ode to the breakup of the band became quite a success reaching the #3 position on the digital charts, proving that Gemma could exactly achieve her own success outside of the group. We Had The Power and Lashes are now long gone and 2014 seemed to be a year where Gemma still floated around, not falling into obscurity but not exactly being known as a household musical act but exuding massive potential to be a main stay among music and a successful one too. This was further proven in the early months of 2014 where Gemma had the opportunity to feature as a vocalist on mister_b's debut album. Gemma accepted and entered the studio with mister_b. Drake, fell in love with the record they recorded together named "Involuntary Memories" and it was soon released as the albums third single. The single became a big success and topped both the digital and ariplay charts and really gave Gemma the exposure she needed and got her named out there. Since the release of Involuntary Memories, Gemma has remainained relavtively quiet musically and has been making noise with her marriage.

In mid 2014 news broke that James and Gemma were having divorce after being married for just 5 months. Rumors even went around that the marriage ended with Gemma getting millions of dollars in a prenuptial agreement still until this day we do not know what really went down between them but with nasty releases and comments from both parties, we are still always wondering. James went onto release Better Than Hell and some listeners have stated that the song was a song explaining public outrage toward his ex wife. Still, no word ever came about. In the last week, Gemma was featured on Culture Uncut stating that there was a show entitled 'On The Run with Gemma' that will be airing on E! in late November that will follow Gemma as she preps the release of her debut album coming in 2015 and following the coverage Gemma received some positive to mixed reviews from people about the show, still the show is just about set in stone with a pilot episode coming in the next week. Also, Gemma started to hype up a new track entitled "Cruel" that she started promoting through twitter along with it's producer Aiidan Davis. So it seems as if there will be alot of Gemma in the next coming months and we are getting a taste of an official single here tonight.

"Cruel" is the official first single by recording artist, Gemma Kane, known as just 'Gemma' from her debut studio album set for a very early 2015 release with some reports stating that there is a chance the album could come earlier. "Cruel" will be released on October 26th, 2015 through Five Pesky Kids records and will also be featured on Gemma's reality show airing next month. Cruel was produced by producer Aiidan Davis along with the albums executive producer mister_b. The song was recorded in August of 2014 with Aiidan Davis producing the bassline of the record and the alternative driven backing beat and mister_b producing the hook and the dance break of the track.

The record can be looked at as a song with a punk attitude meeting dance beats that actually makes a perfect concoction of two genres. Lyrically the record earned the track an explicit content sticker due to it's lyrics and the theme of the track with the official radio rip of the song being much cleaner then the explicit. Throughout the track Gemma explains that she wants to kill a man due to him taking advantage of her and leaving her scorned for numerous reasons that she explains throughout the track. The lyrics are compelling and the track is bad ass in content as it rages through beats and Gemma's vocals are heard loud and clear as she runs through the lyrics until the song breaks into a catchy dance beat thats due to the genius hands of mister_b. The track features a big bass and guitars that are quite laid back as Gemma sings the first verse. The song then breaks into a synth heavy futuristic tune that has Gemma talking about getting a a gun the glove compartment of her car and actually inflicting deadly damage to a man. It feels as if this is scarily
a threat to James Urie but we are just assuming now. As she's done singing that part, the song breaks into a heavy pounding synth filled beats with a very catchy sing along hook that goes "I don't mean to sound so cruel |But I just wanna kill this fool" that can easily get caught in your head. The beats seem to get bigger until they break into a big dance beat that can get rocking and dancing automatically. Throughout the track Gemma has full on attitude with the guitars and synths as she makes it known that she's bad ass enough to commit this crime because this guy is officially an enemy. The song seems to get bigger in the final chorus where the dance breaks his heavier then it was in the earlier verses as the song rides out.

--------

Tell me darling, who's this you've left to burn?
Yes, I heard. You fucking coward left it up to her.
It's not just me you've been pulling down;
How many other bitches have you messed around?
You said you loved me, would do anything, give your life for me.
Run a thousand fucking miles just for praise from me.
But when it died, you were alive. Did you not care for me?
You ran a million miles just to take too long away from me.

A gun in the glove box of my mustang
I swear boy you’re gonna feel some pain
Yeah that’s right I’m coming after you
You’re gonna regret the things that you do
I’m gonna give you a taste of lead
And leave you on the ground cold and dead
You’re gonna bleed until your body’s dry

I don't mean to sound so cruel
But I just wanna kill this fool
Mom and dad call the lawyers
When you hear this breaking news
Never leave a woman scorned
Yet he hurt her to the breaking point

*Dance break*

Should've just pushed you away when warning came, made crystal.
Should've looked out for her and all this now infected system.
We had to wait this long to find out all the pain you caused,
And even then, it wasn't you who bared the soul.
My halo glistened, but your lies put me out.
Fucked me over with your judgement 'cause I couldn't get the words out.
If you think you're fighting for us, forget it now.
If you never knew your side, you're the enemy now.

A gun in the glove box of my mustang
I swear boy you’re gonna feel some pain
Yeah that’s right I’m coming after you
You’re gonna regret the things that you do
I’m gonna give you a taste of lead
And leave you on the ground cold and dead
You’re gonna bleed until your body’s dry

And when its done ....
Blow the smoking gun ....
And toss it up......
Hop in my car ...
And I'm on the run...

*Dance Break*
2x

INSTRUMENTAL

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Atonic Records on 21/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 21/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 21/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 21/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/12/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#28 Posted : 21 December 2015 07:16:25(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK THREE - POWER

UserPostedImage

Genre: Pop, Synth Pop, Electro-Pop
Producers: Peter Katias, Max Martin

Power is a song recorded by pop recording artist Gemma Kane for her EP "Precious". The song starts off with a subtle guitar riff that taps quickly but quietly for the first three seconds of the song without any type of vocals. Right after the three second mark, the guitar riffs still continue to sway lightly under Gemma's voice which is known to be powerful, but she makes it all the more strong and captivating over the guitar riffs under her voice. She sings: We had it all, we had the spirit|We're beautiful, and revealing |We stood so tall, we had the feeling |Yet looks are so deceiving. Gemma sings with much emotion, already making the opening part of the song easily captivating. After her previous lines, she continues to sing with unorthodoxed eerie beats that begin to pound in an odd pattern that makes the record all the more compelling with the guitar riffs becoming harder. We smile right now, but frowning later|We put on this front, to keep us favored |We're out of sound, we're out of sync |We're not so proud of what we made |We're out of rhythm, for heavens sake |OH!. It is becoming more clearer about what Kane is speaking of. After Gemma belts out "OH!", the eerie beats get into a pattern and begin to pound behind Gemma vocals and the guitar riffs. Gemma sings quick but with an eerie emotion to her vocals as she sings about the loss of people from her past. I've got a feeling |There's no more forgiving |We let it just the take us |The fame yes it breaks us |And we will not find it |Find where had lost it|The power to love again. It is becoming a more more clearer as to what Gemma is singing of, as the song goes on the smart lyrical choice becomes more clear to understand.

The song then breaks into a trance inspired breakdown, with a lift off synth accompanying it as Gemma belts out "We Had The Power". The guitar riff still relentless behind her vocals as she continues to sing out "We Got The Power" four times. Right after, another lift off synth soars over the track when Gemma belts out "Now I'll do it alone" that quickly goes into a rapid word repetition of o-o-own making it enjoyable to sing along to and chant like especially with the echoing behind Gemma's vocals. After the rapid word repetition, Gemma belts out "We Had The Power" two more times. After that, the song does not take a break as it breaks into the next verse of the track. Here, we are taken off guard with quick and relentless snare drum backbeat almost making it sound drum line like. The percussion continue with the track along with the same guitar riffs as Gemma continues to dramatically sing. We know, what we were seeking |In our search, we could have reached it |With every word, it became more demeaning| In the end we were internally bleeding .There's no more beautiful souls, that were once breathing|Only broken hearts, quickly fatiguing |We're dying out, with anger secreting |I've gotta get outta here, I'm tired of screaming |With pain and fear, we're depleting.

The beat then slows down just a bit, with the snare drums taking a rest as the hook finds its way back onto the track. Gemma sings this part once again, with her same emotion and captivating voice that mixes perfectly with the dramatic manner of the track that seems to have Gemma speaking of past fight with loved ones that ended quite nasty. After Gemma sings that, the quick snare drum finds its way back onto the track as the chorus finds its way back to the track. It's bigger this time with the drums and backing beat. Gemma belts out "We Had The Power" four times in a strong vocal. Right after, a lift off synth is heard soars over the track when Gemma belts out "Now I'll do it alone" that quickly goes into a rapid word repetition of o-o-own making. Gemma then belts out "We Had The Power" two more times. This is repeated four times as Gemma sings "Now I'll Do It Alone" with a little vocal play until the song comes to a haunting stop.

We had it all, we had the spirit
We're beautiful, and revealing
We stood so tall, we had the feeling
Yet looks are so deceiving

We smile right now, but frowning later
We put on this front, to keep us favored
We're out of sound, we're out of sync
We're not so proud of what we made
We're out of rhythm, for heavens sake
OH!

I've got a feeling
And we will not find it
The power to love again

We had the power
We had the power
We had the power
We had the power
Now I'll do it alone-
O-o-o-own
O-o-o-own
O-o-o-own
We had the power
We had the power

We know, what we were seeking
In our search, we could have reached it
With every word, it became more demeaning
In the end we were internally bleeding

There's no more beautiful souls, that were once breathing
Only broken hearts, quickly fatiguing
We're dying out, with anger secreting
I've gotta get outta here, I'm tired of screaming
With pain and fear, we're depleting

I've got a feeling
And we will not find it
The power to love again

We had the power
We had the power
We had the power
We had the power
Now I'll do it alone-
O-o-o-own
O-o-o-own
O-o-o-own
We had the power
We had the power
Now I'll do it alone [4x]

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

BrownSugar on 21/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 21/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 21/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 21/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 21/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/12/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#29 Posted : 22 December 2015 04:41:32(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK FOUR - DIAMONDS (FEAT. MIAMI)

UserPostedImage

Writers: Gemma Kane, Christopher Hudson, Amelle Sebert (Miami)
Genre: Electro-Pop, R&B
Producers: The Invisible Men

Diamonds is the fourth track taken from pop singer Gemma Kane's EP, "Precious" and features rap star Miami. The initial theme of the EP has been very dynamic so far, as Gemma easily slides through pop smashes as she shows off her confidence over tracks, especially in the first three tracks taken off of Precious. Sonically, not much changes in terms of attitude for the next track but sound-wise, Gemma introduces us to a new side of her, one of an urban edge as the fourth track comes upon us on the EP. The record "Diamonds" has been an anticipated record coming from the EP as it was announced as a future single but was never released due to Gemma being unable to properly promote the record after going on tour with The Wolverines, and then recording the rest of the EP. Still, the record still has plenty of mileage to be released as a single as it has airplay smash written all over it. In an EP that has been mostly dance infused, "Diamonds" offers us an urban slice of pop music helmed by the Invisible Men as they give us a taste of Gemma's usual electro-pop sound but introduces us to some trap infused beat and an anthemic chorus that can easily get caught in your head with the singles finger snapping production and chanting bassline.

Consider "Diamonds" a natural continuation of the brash attitude that doesn’t bite the too hard like the previous record, mixed with some of the cocky, call out attitude heard on the over the top "Cruel". Diamonds was penned by Gemma Kane, Miami and Stat Nerd's member and songwriter Christopher Hudson. Over the catchy chorus, the girls proclaim their worth as they confidently sing about having dreams that glitter, the riches and having ambition. The song screams female anthem written all over it and is proven even more when the beats slow down when Miami hits the track. Miami gives a rest to her usual quick flow, but instead raps slowly and rather calmly to better fuse with the laid back production of the bridge. Miami raps about a man wo once stole her heart but come to find out, he is just a about a cheating fellow. The grit and anger and her flow grows when she talks about this mans ex showing up her house but ends off the verse with a clever diss as she raps: "Now I'm at the pawn shop trading these diamonds for a cut....$$$" before a cash register sound is heard as they cut back to the chorus and then the anthemic record comes to an end.

Gemma
Miami
Both

Hey, don't you know that I never look the same
From the morning to the night, on my game
You can bet me whatever I'm always on my model
I stay strutting down them streets
Feet be clacking against on the concrete
Boys be whistlin, thinkin I'm fresh meat
(Hey, hey, hey, hey)

Oh I see you standing there, mouth wide opened
Didn't momma tell that it's rude to stare?
Though I can't really blame you, why don't you come over here?
Soak up some of my candy kisses, enjoy my Midas touch
I got that Midas touch, touch, touch

I got dreams that glitter, some of that diva fever, warrior ambition
Eyes that sparkle, the boys bask in them just like rays of the sun
I don't need your labels, never gon' wear them, just want some fun
Don't get it twisted, don't try to mix it
Boys get in line, I'm just out with my girls so they gotta wait their turn
I got them dollar bills, new killer heels, gotta live it while I'm young
We got the looks, style, smarts and class, we're both one in a million
Not your common pretty girls, we stay shining like diamonds

Diamonds are a girl's best friend
Only a pair of diamond earrings can make me happy
Gold and fur completes my soul
Cleopatra and diamond lust
Corals in my eyes and love is in my hair
I'm a girl with pearl earrings, a girl with golden eyes
Coconut taste on my lips
Red roses in my garden
And I'm feeling like I'm home again
(Hey, hey, hey, hey)

Oh I see you standing there, mouth wide opened
Didn't momma tell that it's rude to stare?
Though I can't really blame you, why don't you come over here?
Soak up some of my candy kisses, enjoy my Midas touch
I got that Midas touch, touch, touch

Damn baby you was really killing my constantly
With all them diamonds you really catching me properly
From the moment that I saw you it was the fatal attraction
Had me moaning, had me groaning I'm talkin' crazy interaction
You was.. showering me with gifts..showerin' me with love
Had a chick even thinking that she really changed a thug
See the thing is, I thought that I had you figured out
Till that night when your other girl showed up at my f*ckin house
Sayin "We been messin' for long time now,
"He gave me gifts, gave me love, he been playing us about"
Such a shame that a man will trade in something shiny for some dust
Now I'm at the pawn shop trading these diamonds for a cut....$$$

(Haha!) It's alright Miami, he was nothing anyway...
Lets go!

Edited by user 22 December 2015 04:53:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Atonic Records on 22/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 22/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 22/12/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#30 Posted : 22 December 2015 14:22:36(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK FIVE - SAILING SOULS

UserPostedImage

Genre: Electro-Pop, Synth Pop
Producers: George Reid

Sailing Souls is the fifth track taken from Gemma Kane's EP, "Precious". Unlike the previous records on the EP, Sailing Souls completely takes a turn attitude wise. This is the first ballad heard on the EP and shows that Gemma Kane is very much so capable to offering ballads and loads of vulnerability. Surprisingly, many may be taken aback by the emotion Gemma possesses on the record that talks about drifting apart from a loved one and feeling as if their souls are sailing from eachother. Over the beautiful, dreamy ballad Gemma exudes sadness as she recalls the moments with a past lover over a electro driven backing beat that offers us a smooth and spacey like bassline with light and subtle beats under Gemma's vocals that tell the story. Over the slow synth-driven ballad, Gemma sings until she gets to the chorus that breaks into something beautiful. Gemma's vocals echo as the dreamy beats get bigger and enhance the record even more so. Te twinking production is one that Gemma's shines on vocally as she murmurs the lyrics clearly and with captivity. The record was penned by Kane and was recorded by George Reid. It follows the previous track, "Diamonds" which features Miami, but with "Sailing Souls" it introduces us to another side of Gemma. You'll be able to understand that Gemma can indeed be a vulnerable individual despite a lare margin of her songs being confident. Gemma digs deep for this one, and with the production, shows that Gemma is in fact a softy at heart.

Sometimes I feel like we're drifting far apart
Like you never cared at all
You just wanted to break my heart
Like my soul slowly got sucked from my body
I know you never cared at all
That's why you left me so empty
I don't know what to think anymore
Since the day that you walked out of that door.

It's like our souls are sailing so far away
Cause we don't know when we will see a brighter day
Its like my heart breaks more each and every single day
Cause you left me alone and you're sailing, sailing far away.

You are the only one I've ever needed
Now that you're gone
I feel so broken up and beaten down
Now I feel so lost
Sometimes I wish our paths would have never crossed.

What did I ever do to deserves this
Please answer me
I can't believe you'd do this on purpose
You're making me bleed
And my heart is pounding out my chest
I can't take this pain anymore
No I can't do this.

Cause we don't know when we will see a brighter day....

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 23/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 27/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#31 Posted : 22 December 2015 15:03:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK SIX - SPIRITUAL

UserPostedImage

Writers: Gemma Kane, Erik Zullo
Genre: Electro-Pop
Producers: mister_b

Spiritual is the sixth track taken from Gemma Kane's EP, "Precious". This record follows the vulnerable but bombastic "Sailing Souls", with Spiritual, the initial attitude of the record changes but sound wise doesn't make major leaps and bounds. It's clear that Gemma is finding a niche musically in the genre of electro and synth pop, something predominately heard on the EP and something that Kane sounds naturally at home with soundwise. Spiritual is the next track to come from the EP and talks about a sensual topic, one of which is about two people coming together and their bodies connecting on a "spiritual level". However you want to interpret the lyrics is totally up to the listener as it can be interpreted as romantic or something more provocative. The initial sound is still vulnerable but also adds a bit of edge as it sounds soft in sound and production but Gemma's lyrics hit heard in the way she sings them out over the pounding, synth driven beats that sway nicely but also add a bit of power. The record was written by Kane with the help of songwriter Erik Zullo and was produced by mister_b who offers us a realm of Euro pop, swelling electronic symphonies with pulsating rhythms designed for Gemma. Spiritual features an immense breakdown, where Gemma plays off her own vocal track, manipulated at different speeds and pitches that offers us a unique sound in track number 6.

Tonight we performed such miracles
(Miracles, Miracles, Miracles)
We both went numb
(Numb, Numb, Numb)
And then we knew it was spiritual
(Spiritual, Spiritual, Spiritual)
Played the heartbeat drums
(Drums, Drums, Drums)
It was spiritual

Your lips danced with my soul
And each night they whispered to your ghost
the sun in your hair was wild
the moon in your eyes just smiled
Tonight

Your face enchanted with the glow
Your body fought with the flow
the flowers turned to glass
And the garden become a perfect mess
Tonight

We both went numb
(Numb, Numb, Numb)
(Drums, Drums, Drums)
It was spiritual

Your emotions were high on gold
Worth enough to be sold
Fluttered with the partitioned wings
Was the touch of ancient king
Tonight

Your love was mystery pray
Fascination had its own way
The mess you made was good
But the sky bursts with your looks
Tonight

We both went numb
(Numb, Numb, Numb)
(Drums, Drums, Drums)
It was spiritual

Now we're both dancing with each others souls
It touche yours and it explodes
Brings the light
Makes my night
Baby are you really mine ?

We both went numb
(Numb, Numb, Numb)
(Drums, Drums, Drums)
It was spiritual

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 23/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 27/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#32 Posted : 27 December 2015 11:37:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK SEVEN - LOST IN LUST

UserPostedImage

Writers: Gemma Kane, William Grach, Roman Grach, Kelley Jones
Genre: Deep House, UK Garage
Producers: The Wolverines

Lost In Lust" is a record by production duo The Wolverines taken from their debut album now tentatively titled "Break Out" and Gemmas EP "Precious". Lost In Lust, which is being distributed by the brothers own record label, Wolverine's Record will be released to digital outlets on March 15th, 2015 and sent to radio on March 12, 2015. The song itself features leading vocals by musician Gemma. The song was produced by none other than The Wolverines and offers lyrics by William, Roman, Kelley Jones and the leading vocalist, Gemma. The late 2014, after hearing one of Gemma's songs, the brothers instantly fell in love with the unique vocals that Gemma posses and her potential to be a major star. They contacted the young singer by email to work on a record and Gemma happily accept and flew out to London to record the song. The brothers presented the song lyrics to Gemma, which display a music loving catalyst not only being lost in music but falling for into lust by a mysterious love interest that keeps showing up at the oddest and most eeriest times, this protagonist is a mystery and she has yet to know who he is but the desire he exudes to catalyst is all she really needs and the fact that he knows all of her favorite songs only makes him all the more attractive and each and every night he appears, she never wants the night to end as they exchange in seduction and desire the catalyst also falls into lust when seeing the lights and music, which is something common to a party animal...the portrayal here in the record.

The record itself is a Deep House expedition that is massively catchy but isn't your every day electronic record that features big synths and drops. It is rather calming and features electronic backing beats, swift synths and unorthodoxed instruments. Along with this is a fast and atmospheric catchy backing beat that makes this an instantly danceable tune that will comfortably sit on today's mainstream radio and the underground Deep House clubs of the world. Gemma's delivery is spot on, truly capturing the initial feel of the production with her vocals and delivery as she adds in a sexy purr with each of her classy sounding voice. Behind her vocals are adlibs by William and Roman as they often repeat the last word Gemma says in the chorus. Gemma is rather restrained in the track vocal wise, as the track doesn't require massive vocal delivery but do not be fooled, the blonde bombshell shows her true vocal prowess in the bridge where she belts out the final lines, which is an instant standout throughout the quality record that has a length of 3 minutes and 45 seconds.

"William here, here's our new single Lost In Lust featuring vocals from the massively talented Gemma! It's been nearly 6 months since the last time we released a record and that was intended. From the last song we wanted to bridge a gap before the next release and the album, oh and yeah, the EP we were doing is now an album and it's still going to be called Breakout, so yeah. Exciting innit? Anyway, Roman and I took a bit of a break to really focus on the album and the whole thing is sounding rather excellent mate! We've been in the studio perfecting everything and it's all coming along very very well. All the lyrics we wrote are done for the album we just have a few more vocals we have to get on some songs and then the album will be out hopefully before the summer? Ya never know. Anyway, working with Gemma on Lost In Lust was a fucking breeze! This girl is probably the easiest person we have worked with thus far. Very precise, timely and a good laugh! We emailed her about possibly working on something after hearing her song Cruel and she got back to us within days....met up with us that week and got the track done so easily. She really knows what she's doing when she gets in that boothe. The chemistry was there, everything we told her she listened to and even put her own input in the way she should sing and the lyrics we initially wrote. It's about the party animal basically falling into lust each and every time she sees the city lights, moves to the music or even a loved one but is it all a hallucination? That's your call. It's a party record that I think is very danceable, more so than the other records we've released so far and of course Gemma always adds to the picuture! We are really honored to work with her and things have gone so well that we will definitely be working on more material in the very near future! Enjoy!"

Lost In Lust
vocals by Gemma
adlibs & background vocals by William & Roman Grach (The Wolverines)

Locked up inside the lust again.
Fucked up, can't drown out my head.
Cut up pieces of atmosphere.
Lost again. God, I love this.
Two fingers in the air,
We've nothing now to fear.
My lungs are dry and bled,
My throat is scarred by cheer.
Within the crush of dancing bodies,
I have come to life.
The rage I make when I’m
Consumed in the faded lights.

Lost in the city lights,
Lost in the mood.
Lost on the radio,
Lost in his groove.

When lust comes out to play,
I swear I've seen his face.
He knows my favorite songs
And man, he knows them just the way.
So fuck me with your music,
I'm lost inside the high.
When lust comes out to play again,
I'll never want this night to die.

Jumped up, these hallucinations
Drunk on these good vibrations.
Close my eyes, I'm in ecstasy.
Rock me, let the sound control me.
The anger in my eyes
Just when the lights come on.
The pounding of my pulse,
Demanding one more song.
The sweat that pours away from me,
My body can't give in.
The way the music brings me to the edge and pulls me in.

Lost in the city lights,
Lost in the mood.
Lost on the radio,
Lost in his groove.

Listen to the music lost inside of us.
Can you hear the music made inside of us?
Burn me up, caught up in a breathless rush.
So...so...lost!

[/color]

Edited by user 27 December 2015 19:33:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Atonic Records on 27/12/2015(UTC), Matticus on 27/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#33 Posted : 28 December 2015 09:01:08(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK EIGHT - NEON SIGNS

UserPostedImage

Writers: Cara Zayn, Gemma Kane
Genre: Dance Pop, Electro pop
Producers: Max Martin

Neon Signs is the eighth and final track taken from Gemma Kane's EP "Precious" this record follows previous track "Lost In Lust" but takes quite a change in sound to end off the EP. Here, Gemma Kane finds herself back with the sound of electro and dance pop where she naturally shines as she does with the underground sounds of The Wolverines produced record "Lost In Lust". Neon Signs is a sexy slice of confident electropop that tells a story of Gemma's story to the top where she boasts and confidently sings over a eerie yet catchy backing beat that adds in synths, electronic beats and a thick bassline as Gemma proclaims herself as the IT girl and has an eventful night with her group of friends. The record is cocky and fun and and could get the dance-floor pumping with dancing as Gemma does an excellent job of adding sexy vocals over the beats and suggestive lyrics. Gemma ends off the EP with a confident ending, that only sets us up for what is to come in 2016. The record was produced by Max Martin and written by Kane and Cara Zayn. After seven tracks of the EP that offers different attitudes stemming from confidence, self worth, fun and boastfulness to sensitively, vulnerability and sensuality; "Precious" as a whole offers listeners with a taste of what Gemma is capable of as a vocalist and an artist and as she said, the EP is just a taste of what is to come and if Precious is any indication that Gemma is promising us, then the pop star is going to have a very good year. Neon Signs ends us off on the Precious EP.

Four years of struggle
Just so that I can say I f*ckin’ made it
Hey boo ain’t you proud, I’m headlining shows
Big ass jets and tons of free sh*t
Things weren’t this easy til’ I made a hit
But now I’m popping champagne in first class
They’re lining round the block
Just to get a view of this ass
No more pain, no more struggle
Just killin’ it nightly, It’s part of the hustle
Involuntary Memories left behind
Feed me all the glory that you can find
They’ll put my star
On Hollywood Boulevard
Put my star
On Hollywood Boulevard

Me and my crew, gonna hit the strip tonight
With those neon signs, shining bright like them Vegas lights
Me and my crew, gonna go wild tonight
We gonna run the strip, show this town how we do
If you wanna join us
We’ll show you a thing or two

I’m in a brand new state of mind
Guess I’m hell bent on leaving my past behind
Looking to forget my troubles here
Wash all my worries away with my fear
Time for me to show up like I do
Live up to the potential running through
No more hiding at the back
I’m stepping up to get right on track
I ain’t settling for second best
I’mma rise high above the rest
And show the world exactly what I can do
So here’s the deal
I’m coming for you
And we’re aiming for the top
No more fear telling me to stop

Me and my crew, gonna hit the strip tonight
Me and my crew, gonna go wild tonight
We gonna run the strip, show this town how we do
If you wanna join us
We’ll show you a thing or two

Prada and Gucci
If you let em at your coochie
Silver and gold
If you let em grab hold
Cristal in first class
If you let em feel that ass
If that’s how you choose to make it
Barbie, you had better fake it
Just watch how I do
That sorta sh*t I don’t have to go through
Don’t need to lie, cheat or steal
If you make it on your own
Then you made it for real

ALL TRACKS POSTED!
PRECIOUS IS NOW OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Atonic Records on 28/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#34 Posted : 02 January 2016 05:47:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
Gemma Kane - EXTRA Interview
JANUARY 1ST, 2016
NBC

UserPostedImage

EXTRA: Happy New Years! It's 2016 and there's no better way to bring in the new year with a special guest here. She's got a spanking new EP out in stores right now, and she's ready to confess her new years resolution and talk about her new EP, It's GEMMA!

GEMMA: Hiiiii. So happy to be here. Happy new year to you as well. *Smiles*

EXTRA: We know we don't have you here for very long since you're super busy, but happy new year to you and your family. How did you spend your New Years? Was it calm cool and collective or did you go all out?
GEMMA: Thanks! This year it was definitely a calm, cool and collective one. I cooked dinner, had some friends and family comes to my house and we drank champagne, ate and brought in the new year together. I find that bringing the new year in with the ones closest to you is more fulfilling then going out and getting completely wasted. I enjoy the concept of family so I definitely enjoyed this new year, yeah. But I'm up here with you guys now! Hehe.

EXTRA: Overall, how was 2015 for you as a whole? What was your most significant memory from last year?

GEMMA: I definitely, definitely had my ups and downs this years. It comes with life and all the trial and error. I think everyone has moments where things are just crazy and moments when you feel like you are on top of the world. My most significant moment? *Gemma places her finger on her chin and squints for a second* very good question.....I'd have to say finishing the EP! That was very significant moment. Just a few months ago Drake and I cut the final track and listened to it from start to finish and I was just so so so happy. I was literally on a high because I felt like it was finally done and we could get it out to everyone! Hell, it was a great moment and something I won't ever forget. I swear, if you saw me you'd think I was crazy. I am talking about, dancing around the studio to what was created. Such an uplifting moment for me in 2015.

EXTRA: Looking forward, do you have a new years resolution?

GEMMA: I don't really have a new years resolution but I really want to eat donuts with bacon in the new year! I know, sounds crazy *laughs* but I literally saw it on tv....Bacon, on donuts....and I love Bacon, and I also love donuts. I need to find the place that sells them so my taste buds could have a taste in heaven....like really, who has ever heard of bacon donuts. It needs to happen for me this year *laughs*

EXTRA: Now, onto this EP! The "Precious" EP. We must say over here at Extra! We love it. It's very confident and sensual. You've also got some vulnerable tracks in there too. Did you plan having such a self aware EP or did it just come into the place that way?

GEMMA: I think when we sat down and listened to the group of tracks we had and had to go through that very terrible "cutting down" process (which I hate very much) I went with the tracks that best represented me and represented where I've been in the past year or two and I've really just been in tune with myself, my sensuality, and my confidence so I wanted that to reflect on the EP. So we went with the eight in which I felt represented that best. As for the vulnerable ones, yeah, we are vulnerable and emotional individuals. I'm no robot so we like, had to have those songs that shows there's layers to who I am aside from lil ole fierce me *Gemma jokingly flips her hair* I'm kidding, I'm such a dweeb... but when I get in the studio or on stage I become another person.

EXTRA: Are we talking an alter-ego?

GEMMA: Something like that! Really. When I get in the studio or on stage, I just become so fierce...I just let go and I love it. I'm able to show the other side of me and it happens to be one that's slightly more edgy? *giggles*

EXTRA: You've been working on this EP for a long time, could you give your fans some insight into the whole recording process of Precious?

GEMMA: It's been a long road. Definitely. We had the first set of tracks ready to go rather quickly. But I scrapped those and started fresh. As artists we have trials and we have errors and I wasn't going to rush anything out until I felt it was ready. So I took my time in crafting a small collection of work that could give my fans a taste of what is to come. Like a preview. It took us a while but it's out there now and we could look to the future.

EXTRA: You also collaborated with the likes of The Wolverines, mister_b, and Max Martin just to name a few. How was it working with such producers in creating what would be Precious?

GEMMA: All are extremely talented producers that I've loved recording the EP with. mister_b and I have a very good working relationship and I recorded my first solo record with him on Involuntary Memories a few years back and he's really help me formulate my sound. The Wolverines I've worked with two, two very funny guys. They really know to break the ice when it comes to someone shy like me. We enjoyed some laughs and it was just fun recording with them! They know what they're doing. Max Martin is such a sweetheart and incredibly talented. You can envision a sound for yourself and once you dish it to him, he can get it out onto a beat. It's pretty crazy but he's got it. So yeah, they've really the EP come into one and I'm very thankful for them.

UserPostedImage

EXTRA: Speaking of collaborations, you also worked with rapper Miami on the album on a song called Diamonds which is a personal favorite! How did this collaboration come about?

GEMMA: My girl! Well it all came about because I had been writing Diamonds with Christopher Hudson and he dished an idea to have a rapper on it. He had already been hanging out with Miami so he dished the idea to her and everything fell into place. It was totally Chris's perfect idea really because she makes the song that much better. We all met up for brunch and just talked about the song. Miami left straight to the studio and I promise she sent her verse in a few hours. She's that quick and on point, and I love her verse. Girlpower! But yeah, that's how that went down.

EXTRA: Do you have a personal favorite on the EP?

GEMMA: Uhhhh! Oh my god. Hard question but I loooove Neon Lights! Such a sexy track that ends the EP off. That was one of the last tracks recorded for the EP and it stole my heart instantly when I heard it. Before that, it was Sailing Souls. The only ballad on the EP. It was a favorite because it was a change from everything else on the EP, it was slowed and true to me. I was able to show that side of me that people don't usually see. People tend to think I am this brash individual because I'm in a different place mentally when I record and perform, and people think that persona that I have is also me behind the cameras. I'm pretty freakin' corny *laughs*. I like watching sex in the city while eating eating snickers bars for god sake *laughs*

EXTRA: Eight tracks for an EP is quite a lot, so it's essentially a 'mini' album. What made you want to release an EP instead of an full length album?

GEMMA: I felt it wasn't time for an album just yet. We've recorded songs for the album already but I wanted everything to be perfectly ready for the album and it's release, the EP is more of an introduction. Didn't really want to jump out with an album. Let it be a building process, slow and steady. But there's will most definitely be a full length album later this year.

EXTRA: Sound-wise, the EP definitely gives us a hint of the sound you had when you were in Lashes. Do you think being in that band shaped who you are today?

GEMMA: I don't really think the EP reflects Lashes in anyway. We released 1 song, and that one song was a cover of Brittany Knox's debut. So Lashes didn't necessarily have a "sound" just yet. Musically, I don't think that Lashes has shaped me because we weren't around long enough to essentially know our sound. What I can say is that being in the band shaped me for the industry and i learned a lot while being in the band for the while that I was in it.

EXTRA: It's been four years since Lashes broke up. Would you have ever expected being here today as a soloist with hit records such as Involuntary Memories, and Cruel under your belt already and looking forward to 2016 with a new EP out to the public?

GEMMA: You know. You never know where life takes you so to be honest, no, I didn't expect it but I'm very glad to have made far enough to sit here and have new music out to the public. Time flies, really.

EXTRA: You've faced some harsh criticism having to do with your very public divorce from James Urie. How do you deal with public opinion and how do you keep sane when people begin to form opinions?

GEMMA: You've got to be well grounded and you've got to know yourself because if not you'll lose yourself focusing on what other people think about you, or worrying about how others perceive you. I don't have the best reputation with people and that's fine, you've got to push pass the naysayers and adversities because they don't know anything but social media and tabloids. You'll have haters, you'll have lovers. I just tend to focus more on my lovers. Don't get be wrong, I've been guilty of going back at people on twitter because it's just of load of lies and you get sick of it sometimes but I've learned to let people say what they want.

EXTRA: Has the breakup with James influenced some of the tracks on the album?

GEMMA:I think everything in my life influences my music.

EXTRA: You've toured with the likes of VANITY and The Sound Of Living Tour. When can fans expect a headlining tour by you, Gemma?

GEMMA: We are working on a mini tour in support of the EP that will be launching in April. Official announcement coming soon! Following that, I'll be embarking on my first world tour once the album is out. It'll be huge. I can't wait.

EXTRA: Lasty, what are some of your plans for the new year that you could tell your fans right now?

GEMMA: Aside from the EP being out, I am also working on my debut album , the tour. I also have an app that is in the works and something elsevery, very special. There's a lot to come but I don't want to say everything just yet. It'll be lots of fun, promise

EXTRA: Thank you for coming Gemma, Happy New Year! Best wishes.

GEMMA: Same to you!

UserPostedImage

PRECIOUS IS IN STORES NOW

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/01/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 02/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 02/01/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#35 Posted : 03 January 2016 07:52:28(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: Seeing you so happy Gemma, makes me happy too. You've delivered are solid EP with great songs and great production. The lyrics is catchy, fun and even a little bit sassy, which suits you. The Interview was great to watch, and I loved seeing you speak and just be happy. Amazing!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 03/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#36 Posted : 03 January 2016 12:55:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: Seeing you so happy Gemma, makes me happy too. You've delivered are solid EP with great songs and great production. The lyrics is catchy, fun and even a little bit sassy, which suits you. The Interview was great to watch, and I loved seeing you speak and just be happy. Amazing!

Gemma: Awww thanks Aliya. I always try to live my life happily despite certain problems that may arise cause life's a roller coaster. We all know that. But yeah, happy you like the EP :P

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Andre Gandra  
#37 Posted : 07 January 2016 23:52:10(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: It was a blast to work on this EP with Gemma, she has one o fthe most unique voices of the industry, the one you listen on the radio and instantly recognizes, not often comes a singer with a singular voice and she's such a professional on studio, taking our advices and working hard to deliever the best cuts for the tracks she's recording, in a world full of egoes, I must say she's one of the most humble and sweet singers of all, I'll always be looking forward to work with her again.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#38 Posted : 10 January 2016 03:08:24(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
mISTER_b: It was a blast to work on this EP with Gemma, she has one o fthe most unique voices of the industry, the one you listen on the radio and instantly recognizes, not often comes a singer with a singular voice and she's such a professional on studio, taking our advices and working hard to deliever the best cuts for the tracks she's recording, in a world full of egoes, I must say she's one of the most humble and sweet singers of all, I'll always be looking forward to work with her again.

Gemma: Thank you Drake! I've had a blast working with you over the past few years from Involuntary Memories until my very own EP. Time flies but I am incredibly happy that we maintain a strong professional relationshop and personal friendship. You are a great, hardworking person who taught me so much about my strengths as a musician. Thank you for all you do and your kind words! Cheers to many more x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#39 Posted : 28 January 2016 00:07:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

3 DAYS

UNTIL

GEMMA @ The GOLDIEs
#GemmaAtTheGOLDIEs

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 28/01/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 28/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 28/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 28/01/2016(UTC)