logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 15 May 2013 14:23:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hailing from Leeds, West Yorkshire, England Gemma Kane-Urie was born to Michael and Lisa Kane in 1992. Growing up, Gemma was apart of a middle classed family, having enough money to make it by and for her parents to provide for her and her younger sister as well as her older brother. Always the one to be humble, shy and sometimes timid unless pushed the opposite way, Gemma soared through her early childhood education years always having straight A's throughout her report cards and doing even better in her later school years academically and with her performing arts, taking part in many talent shows and even joining the school's chorus. At the time however, being a singer and entertainer remained a hobby and not a goal. After graduating highschool and receiving a half scholarship to Leeds Metropolitan University, Gemma went on to begin studying nursing. There, in her first year of university courses she had met and become close friends with future band mate Lily-Rose Cardle, a drama and sports student. They often found themselves indulging in "a little too much" SingStar after sharing a bottle of wine or two when relaxing away from class.

It wasn't until 2012 that the two girls really wanted to put their musical talents to the test and see how far they could get. Posting flyers around each campus, the pair received numerous applications, which were rejected for various reasons, before they came across 21-year old exchange student Mercedes Gomez, spending a year in England as part of a program from Hamilton, Ontario in Canada. The lineup was completed a few weeks later, in early February, when the trio were trialling their talents at the local KARAOKE bar. It was there that they discovered 19-year old feisty Russian Natalya Dobros, a girl who had spent the last year in England working in Leeds as a stripper, having come to England as an 18-year old, looking to find her fame as a singer. Together, they formed the group "Lashes" a female dance pop group looking to emulate the success of some of their favourite artists and bands. Gemma was the driving force behind the band with the strongest voice and was the lead vocalist as a result. The same year, the girls entered into the singing competition Starfactory as the only female girl group to do so. Their strong edge got them an easy spot in the competition and throughout the series the girls remained a force to be reckon with help from their star mentor in Brittany Knox. After receiving the highest amount of votes for two weeks and a row and still remaining tough competitors. During the show, however rising tensions between the girls became apparent. For unknown reasons, the girls no showed the semi finals of the competition and were unfortunately eliminated. Many believe if the girls focused on the prize, they would have most likely won the show.

After being eliminated from Starfactory, the girls tried to focus on the music and not the rising tensions between Gemma and Natayla when releasing their rendition of Brittany Knox's megahit in "Leather Love". The single was met with critical acclaim and reached the #2 position on the charts making it very obvious that the girls were destined for stardom despite losing the show. Shortly after though, the girls broke up and have not gotten back together since. The clash of egos, direction of the group and the eagerness of each member to do their own solo work seemed to be the only logical reason as to why the girls broke up.

During her days on Starfactory, Gemma met rock star James Urie. The two immediately hit it off and weeks later in late 2012, the twogot married in a secretive -turned highly publicized marriage that many scrutinized. Gemma and James lived happily married until a breakup in early 2014.

Since the marriage and consequential break up, and Gemma announced that she had been working on solo music and eventually an album to all be released in 2015 or 2016. Her supporters have been waiting for quite a while as they anticipate her solo debut and after being signed to Kiss My Pop in April of 2013. Gemma looks to make a major name for herself as she gets ready to stand alone for years to come! Gemma released her debut single "Power" soon after.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Gemma Kane, Gemma Urie
Born: June 1st 1992
Genre: Pop, dance, europop
Occupations: Singer, songwriter, model
Instruments: Vocals, piano
Years active: 2011 - present
Label: FivePeskyKids

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

1. "We Had The Power" [#7 - Airplay|#3 - Digital Charts]

2. "Cruel" [#4 - Airplay|#7 - Digital Charts]

UserPostedImage
The Sound Of Living Tour [July 12,2013 - Nov. 23rd, 2013]

UserPostedImage
1. Gemma sits with BBC Radio! [Click Here!]
2. The Kegan Dawson Show

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
@ItsGemmaBitch

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 28 January 2016 00:15:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 15/05/2013(UTC), erich hess on 15/05/2013(UTC), kandii on 15/05/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 17/05/2013(UTC), Walton on 17/05/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 18/05/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/05/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2 Posted : 15 May 2013 15:11:08(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: I like the website, looks really good and I look forward to seeing what you do with her career now :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 15 May 2013 15:37:14(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: I like the website, looks really good and I look forward to seeing what you do with her career now :)

OOC: Thank you :) Really excited about her !
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 15 May 2013 22:09:22(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
Erica: hey,I know that Natalya girl! Your site looks super cute,Gemma.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 16 May 2013 01:18:50(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: hey,I know that Natalya girl! Your site looks super cute,Gemma.

Gemma: I used to know her :). Thank you Erica!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 16 May 2013 01:21:33(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne:your site looks super cool Gemma it's awesome

ooc:this is layed oit very well
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 16 May 2013 01:33:06(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne:your site looks super cool Gemma it's awesome

ooc:this is layed oit very well

Gemma: Thank you sweetie :)

OOC: Thank you!:)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline GirlSpice  
#8 Posted : 17 May 2013 05:13:12(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: You're so pretty, it hurts! I really do think you'll be the solo breakout star from Lashes, because I can see you as being the perfect pop star, you seem to tick all the right boxes. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your debut album. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 18 May 2013 15:44:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: You're so pretty, it hurts! I really do think you'll be the solo breakout star from Lashes, because I can see you as being the perfect pop star, you seem to tick all the right boxes. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your debut album. ;)

Gemma: Aww! Thanks sweetie! I've got some really cool music coming from the album. Lord knows how excited I am to share it with everyone. Thank you Nadia, always my favorite GirlSpice member :P and such an inspiration of mine.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#10 Posted : 18 May 2013 16:34:54(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Nicole: You know it's sad that Lashes broke up I was really looking forward to more music from y'all but I guess things happen and it's not always the easiest thing being in a group but I can't wait for your solo music I'm more than sure it'll be amazing good luck! :)

ooc: Really love the layout of the site good job here :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 19 May 2013 00:39:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Nicole: You know it's sad that Lashes broke up I was really looking forward to more music from y'all but I guess things happen and it's not always the easiest thing being in a group but I can't wait for your solo music I'm more than sure it'll be amazing good luck! :)

ooc: Really love the layout of the site good job here :)

Gemma: I feel like I cam relate to you because ybYou are apart of a young up and coming girl group so you know the pros and cons, but unfortunately in my situation there were things we couldn't get passed. Its unfortunate but Iam excited to kick off my solo career. So thank you and best of luck to you sweetie!

OOC: Thank you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#12 Posted : 19 May 2013 11:53:18(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity Scott: Gemma Gemma Gemma.... The one that first seemed to like me when you were interviewed by BBC... but then out of no where just started to grow some sort of hatred towards me recently I believe.. Well, I wish you the best of luck to you and your career!

Ellie-Grace: Gemma! This website is stunning! I honestly can't wait for your solo music to be released. And I also hope that a tour is in the works as well because watching you perform on Star Factory, I could definitely tell that you were also born to perform! Ah well, kudos doll! :)

OOC: Great job on this! This has to be your best site that you've ever done before and I love the layout and everything. :)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 19 May 2013 13:28:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Serenity Scott: Gemma Gemma Gemma.... The one that first seemed to like me when you were interviewed by BBC... but then out of no where just started to grow some sort of hatred towards me recently I believe.. Well, I wish you the best of luck to you and your career!

Ellie-Grace: Gemma! This website is stunning! I honestly can't wait for your solo music to be released. And I also hope that a tour is in the works as well because watching you perform on Star Factory, I could definitely tell that you were also born to perform! Ah well, kudos doll! :)

OOC: Great job on this! This has to be your best site that you've ever done before and I love the layout and everything. :)

Gemma: @ Serenity Thank you.
@Ellie Aw! How nice are you? Glad you tuned into Starfactory! Having someone like you watching is a something great to find out! Yes, I will be performing this year for sure...cannot wait to get out on the stage. New music and performances coming Ellie, you are just the sweetest. Thank you doll.

OOC: Thanks alot! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 19 May 2013 14:34:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Hello Gemma, how are you today?
I am great, thank you for asking.

You are just about ready to launch your solo career! How does it feel to be doing it all on your own now?
To tell you the very truth, it's very nerve racking. Not having the girls with me will be odd but at the same time, I've been without them for quite some time... but when I perform again and perform the new material it will certainly be something worth getting used to since I've gotten so used to being on stage with the other girls. Having the chance to do solo music is something that I've always wanted to do so despite me being a bit nervous about it, I am also very confident and excited too. When you're alone, and you have ideas and certain endeavors that you want to tend to or debut it's much easier doing those things when you're alone as opposed to being in a group or a band. So I feel a bit more free...enthusiastic...and quite nervous.

You'll be doing this with the backing of KissMyPop records. Why were they your choice to sign with to release your future music?
I just like the atmosphere of the label. I really wasn't sure who I wanted to sign with. Kiss My Pop caught my attention. I got a chance to speak to all the people behind the label and they are just pleasant people! They give their artists the freedom to do whatever they'd like musically and they are all very supportive. That's what I need in a label and when now that I am here, it feels like home. Glad that they were my choice and they were very interested in signing me.

Do you miss the days when you were with Lashes?
Yes and no. I try not to dwell on the past. I will always have love for each and every one of the girls of the band but I feel like they needed to change and we needed go our separate ways. Of course I miss them, but I don't really miss the days I was in the band. I've opened up a new chapter in my life that I am so excited about, but don't get me wrong...I feel like being with Lashes will always be a memorable experience and something I will never ever forget. I thought we were going to be one of the biggest girl groups of all time but things just don't always happen the way you plan it out to be.

What happened between you and the girls? Are you on speaking terms with any of the ladies?
Sometimes when there are different personalities in one group ....in the public eye that came right off of a show that gave us so much exposure it can become over whelming. I think we weren't ready for all the attention we were receiving, we didn't know where we wanted to go next. So many different ideas but no agreements..too many arguments. I just threw my hands up and said I was done. It was enough really, I had to be mature and walk away from something I wasn't happy with. I told them they could keep the band going without me, the other girls decided to leave as well and there it was..the group disbanded. As for speaking to the other girls, no haven't really spoken to any of them unfortunately. I think I spoke to Mercedes 4 or 5 months ago ...but aside from that haven't spoken to Natalya, or Lily. But I certainly do wish them the best of luck in whatever they might be doing.

It's a far cry from the days you were all friends in college where you were studying to be a nurse. Does it ever hurt you that these are the current circumstances?
I think it's very unfortunate that they had to happen the way they did. Fame could really sacrifice relationships and its the sad truth. Such a far cry from our college days, but its life. There's not much I can really do.

Can we expect a Lashes reunion any time soon?
No. There will be no Lashes reunion in the future. Unfortunately.

Since the end of Starfactory, how has life changed for you?
The main thing is my marriage and the exposure, Two life changing events in my lifetime. Walking into Starfactory, totally unknown....only people who really knew me were the people from my neighborhood and the college I was attending ....walk out of Starfactory in love and known by many people. In such a short amount of time. Starfactory have me so many opportunities and was the place where I met my current husband, James Urie. It just can't get any better than that. Totally life changing and so glad that I got the chance to be on the show. Even though we didn't win, I certainly feel like a winner.

Would you have ever expected marrying such a recognizable man in James Urie?
To tell you the truth, no. But we really just hit it off. When I look at him and he looked at me...I just knew he was the one. Not because he was James Urie or this really popular rock star.. or because he was good looking, there was just something in him that just brought me in. The first day I spoke to him and then went out on a date with him....I said yeah....I love him already... this is really bad. I didn't think it was possible to fall for someone so fast. Didn't know if it was love or lust and to tell you the truth I think it was both ...looking back at it.

When the marriage news leaked, it really spread like wildfire, with many figures saying you knew James for such a short span of time, and that the marriage was destined to end quickly. How did you feel about that?
James and I didn't care. We were enjoying eachothers company. We were so glad that we got married. I'll admit it hurt when people said things like our marriage was going to end in no time... but look at us now. We're doing amazing, he's the love of my life.

Do you ever get annoyed of being in the public eye?
I've actually started getting used it. In the beginning it was overbearing but once you're in it for quite some time.. it becomes apart of your life style and doesn't bother you too much. Just the chance for privacy is very sparse.

You stated recently that when it comes to your music and performing, you'll be going by your maiden name. What is the exact reasoning behind that?
I feel like, with all due respect to my amazing husband...I want to build a brand for myself and my fans. Not as James Urie's wife. And when you hear the name, be honest... that's the first thing you think. So we both thought it would be best for my career if I went with my maiden name. I don't need to piggy back off of his last name, when I can build one of my own. But on paper... I am happily a part of the Urie family.

Since you were the lead singer of Lashes, do you feel the pressure to deliver wholeheartedly as a solo artist?
I think the bar is raised a considerable amount, but in a way I feel like a totally new artist. As a soloist, I feel like I am new. It's my debut...I have to deliver. For the sake of myself and my fans. I've got to do this the right way and I am so excited.

Do you have any inspirations in music? Anyone in particular you look up to?
I really love Vanity. Just she represents as pop artist and a brand, she is always trying to push boundaries and trying new things.. she is such a fighter...she's been through so much and each time she comes out with new music, it's like she never left and she will always be timeless. I hope to have my career be as consistent as hers so me being in my early twenties in the next few years I want to keep aiming for the top.

You are currently working on a new album, what could you tell us about the project and your plans for it's release?
I have been in the studio for a few months now working with amazing producers to finally release my debut album. I cannot give you too many details but it was be not only a fun album that will fulfill your every desire...but it will be truthful. I don't want an album with just dance floor fillers...the album will have substance and quality. The type of album you want to listen to when you're in love... when you want love.. when you want to dance. There's also the big ballads. It will be a very fun album that will be the perfect debut for me. I've been working so hard in the studio and I'll release it when the time is right and we are coming very close to that time. It's been a very inspiring year, watching my husband recording his album and being able to see how hard he works, it really has rubbed off on me. It's unbelievable really. Last year I was a hopeful and now I'll be releasing my debut album this year. Crazy. But so exciting.

Is there a particular track you're most excited for fans to hear?
Aside from many of the songs that will be included on the album. The first single taken off of the album, "Precious"

What can you tell us about "Precious"?
I am very excited for the fans to hear. It's not an overbearing pop song, it's very enjoyable and it's sweet, simplistic and loveable and I know many people will be able to relate to it, especially if you are in love. I think the song is a perfect representation of how I am feeling right now and that is why I love the song so much and cannot wait to reveal it. I've the artwork to show here too!

That is certainly a treat for your fans. When will the single be released?
It will be released later on this month. I want to surprise everyone so I won't say the exact date. But be on the lookout because it is coming. very soon.

Do you have any other plans for 2013 aside from your debut album?
There is one big announcement coming up this week, among others. You'll have to stick around to see exactly what it is. 2013 will be a great year for my fans and I am really hoping I will accomplish all I want to accomplish this year because I've been working hard and I want everyone to hear and see that.

Thank you for joining us Gemma!
Thank you!

Edited by user 16 December 2015 04:19:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Walton on 19/05/2013(UTC), kandii on 19/05/2013(UTC), erich hess on 19/05/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/05/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 19 May 2013 21:07:43(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
Erica:Gemma seems so sweet. She seems like she is the kind of person who I'd want to hug.

Nina: probably because she is blonde and busty. We know how you roll,love.

Erica: jeez,I am not some boob crazed maniac,nina. I can hug people,just to hug them. I like hugging you.

Nina:also can be considered busty.i like hugging you,too. Even if you aren't. I am not biased with my hugs,love.

Erica: what about Nichole? She isn't overly chesty?

Nina: um,I think there are reasons that compensate for that. Face it,you're a hugging perv.

Erica:fuck you,nina. Fuck. You.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 19/05/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 20/05/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#16 Posted : 19 May 2013 23:38:08(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: I'm sure you'll do well in the industry and I'm anxious to heat what you'll bring :) And nice label choice as well, heard nothing but greatness from them!

OOC: Nice interview and website btw.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/05/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#17 Posted : 20 May 2013 03:52:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica:Gemma seems so sweet. She seems like she is the kind of person who I'd want to hug.

Nina: probably because she is blonde and busty. We know how you roll,love.

Erica: jeez,I am not some boob crazed maniac,nina. I can hug people,just to hug them. I like hugging you.

Nina:also can be considered busty.i like hugging you,too. Even if you aren't. I am not biased with my hugs,love.

Erica: what about Nichole? She isn't overly chesty?

Nina: um,I think there are reasons that compensate for that. Face it,you're a hugging perv.

Erica:fuck you,nina. Fuck. You.

Gemma: Um......thanks girls! Lol. Don't really know what to say to that :P

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Isabel: I'm sure you'll do well in the industry and I'm anxious to heat what you'll bring :) And nice label choice as well, heard nothing but greatness from them!

OOC: Nice interview and website btw.

Gemma: Thank you Isabel! I'm certainly ready to take that next step! Really exciting. Yeah I am glad as well, really happy to be with Kiss My Pop. Hopefully I will see you around sweetie!

OOC: Thank you :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#18 Posted : 20 May 2013 06:48:01(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: You are a VERY stunning girl, I can't wait to hear your solo stuff :) We should be in for a treat.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#19 Posted : 20 May 2013 07:19:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: You are a VERY stunning girl, I can't wait to hear your solo stuff :) We should be in for a treat.

Gemma: Thank you Tisha :) You are very stunning as well...fierce being you are !
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#20 Posted : 30 June 2013 06:19:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
FiveT on 30/06/2013(UTC)