logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 27 January 2013 02:12:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8551 time(s) in 2683 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Industry: Music & Entertainment
Founded: 2013
Headquarters: New York City, New York
Owner: Amy Meyer
Genres: Various
Country of origin: United States

Songs to Love and Die By is an independent record label based in the United States. It was created by Amy Meyer, best known for being the lead singer of the American rock band, ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ at the beginning of 2013 after contemplating the possibility of creating a small record label for much of 2012. As her first major solo business venture this is something that is close to her heart, with an emphasis on supporting independent artists looking to get a helping hand in their attempts to break into the music industry. The label’s headquarters are based in Manhattan, New York and will be run by Amy Meyer and Christian Fallon.

They will attempt to build their roster over the following eleven months and are already looking to sign acts at this early stage of inception with hopes of having a number of artists signed to the label before the end of 2013. Although the label is an independent record label, their won’t be restrictions on who they would be willing to sign. While the main aim is to introduce the world to the brightest new talents in the music industry there is also room to sign established acts if the opportunity arises and there will be no genre restrictions.

Message from Amy

“I’m extremely happy to announce the formation of my own independent record label. It’s been in development for the best part of a year and it feels wonderful to be able to open our doors. I’ve always been passionate about music and in particular those under-rated and largely undiscovered acts, throughout my life my favourite bands and artists have usually been the sort that hasn’t garnered worldwide attention. I believe that there is a massive amount of musical talent in the world just waiting to be signed and given the platform to make a lasting and fulfilling career and I’m definitely hoping that this could become the home to truly incredible music, from punk-rock to electro-pop to urban and indie to folk and country.
There aren’t any limits, music is a universal language and if you have a talent for it then it’s important to get it out there and give your songs a voice and platform and that is the aim for this label. We may not be a major label but I can guarantee that I’ll give you literally everything that I have in order to give your music the platform, if that means that I have to run around Times Square telling people to check out your music then so be it, if the music is great then it deserves to be heard and I’ll do all that I can to make it happen.

So if you feel like Songs to Love and Die By could be the place for you to start your music career, then please do not hesitate to contact us or send in a demo and lets begin this journey.”

KEY PEOPLE

Amy Meyer (Founder)
Cara Zayn (Chief Executive, A+R, Promotions, Scouting)
Christian Fallon (Vice-Executive, A+R, Scouting)
Faith Browdy (A+R, Promotions, Scouting)
Elise Logan (Promotions)

ALUMNI

Calling Captain (2013)
Juneau (2014)

ARTISTS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

----

Edited by user 01 February 2016 03:59:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 15 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 27/01/2013(UTC), Mckenzie- on 27/01/2013(UTC), Walton on 27/01/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/01/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/01/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 27/01/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/01/2013(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 27/01/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 28/01/2013(UTC), Taylr2 on 29/01/2013(UTC), Hellspawn on 10/02/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/09/2014(UTC), Welat65 on 21/03/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/08/2015(UTC), 2001clay on 08/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#2 Posted : 27 January 2013 02:46:03(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Vin: Starting an indie label is a scary risk. You've got major guts and must have massive drive to get into this business. I guess you're competition or something. Haha. Well you're in new York we're in Santa Cruz what do you say we split the country east and west? Haha. Just kidding. Nomad doesn't play dirty. I wish you all the luck in the world.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 11 February 2013 04:52:44(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY - WELCOME; MADDIE URIE

UserPostedImage

“Today, I’m extremely delighted to announce the first signing for ‘Songs to Love and Die By’.

With our first venture into the record label side of things it's with absolute pleasure that I confirm that the very first signing to this label is a young female musician whose last name is probably quite familiar to many of you out there, but she’s ready to make it her own now and having had small success in the past as part of the duo ‘Two Equals Three’ it’s time for this wonderfully talented young artist to step forward and shine with her blend of electro-rock and having known her personally for over a year now, I can guarantee that she’ll give everything that she can in order to make her music career flourish.
So with that said, I’m beyond delighted to announce that little ‘Maddie Urie’ has signed a one-album deal with ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ and will be heading into a recording studio within days to begin recording songs for her debut album which will hopefully be released this summer.”
– Amy Meyer

OOC: If you have any acts that you’d like to sign to the label then feel free to PM me :)
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Walton on 11/02/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/02/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 11/02/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 11/02/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/02/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 11 February 2013 06:05:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY – WELCOME; CALLING CAPTAIN

UserPostedImage

“Hot on the heels of our first ever signing, we are proud to announce the second act signed to ‘Songs to Love and Die By’.

This act is a band straight out of the New York underground pop-punk scene, they’re called ‘Calling Captain’ and they’ve been building a strong and committed fanbase for quite some time now and having seen them perform live last summer I feel the need to express my delight at being able to welcome them to the label. They’re a young band with a massive amount of potential and although we’re just a start-up indie label, I can definitely see them going on to achieve some great things in the industry, particularly throughout the summer which as those pop-punk aficionados know is the biggest time of year for new bands to be discovered.
They’ve already been working on their debut album and you can expect to see and hear from them in the very near future and I’m sure that you’ll find yourself begin to fall in love with pop-punk once again.
So stay on the lookout for ‘Calling Captain’ … you saw them here first!”

- Amy Meyer
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 11/02/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/02/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/02/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/02/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 11/02/2013(UTC), niggajones on 11/02/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 15 February 2013 21:58:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

15, FEBRUARY/2013

CALLING CAPTAIN RELEASE DEBUT SINGLE - THE BATTLE CRY OF THE SHOW LAST NIGHT

"Calling Captain have released their debut single, 'The Battel Cry Of The Show Last Night' which is available right now! They have been hard at work for months now and it's great to be able to hear one of their songs on the radio. It's only their first ever single and they're already at a level that makes me squeeeel with excitement at discovering a new band and it has re-ignited my passion and belief in pop-punk and I hope that they can make you find belief in pop-punk once again and this is the perfect band to re-start a pop-punk love affair.

Please take the time to check out their wonderful debut track at their official website here"
- Amy Meyer
thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 16/02/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 16/02/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 31 March 2013 07:38:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

30, MARCH/2013

CALLING CAPTAIN ANNOUNCE DEBUT ALBUM - BUILDING THRILLS

"Calling Captain have made an announcement on their debut album 'Building Thrills'. It will be released in April and will feature ten tracks of absolute pop-punk glory. If you haven't discovered this band already then make sure that you do, because there is no better feeling than discovering a new band that makes you believe in the power and possibility of rock, this band do this with absolute ease.

Visit their website HERE for lyric previews, tracklisting and the official album art from their debut album, due out in April 2013!"
- Amy Meyer

Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 31/03/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/03/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 13 April 2013 03:26:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY – WELCOME; ALEX SIMMS

UserPostedImage

“Songs to Love and Die By are extremely excited to announce the third signing to our ever-growing family

He’s a young pop-punk/post-hardcore musician that has been playing the club scene around the U.S. for a few years now just hoping that he can finally get that break. He recently created a small buzz around the industry when video footage of a concert in a New York City nightclub found its way online and having seen him perform a couple of times since then we were convinced of his ability. If you’re in any doubt then feel free to check out the performance here.
It’s not only his stage presence and ability to win over an audience but also his songwriting and mix of post-hardcore vocals with one of the most beautiful and tender vocal ranges that I’ve heard in a long time. It’s a mix that doesn’t naturally go together, but it somehow seems to work and I already can’t wait to hear his songs on the radio.
So on behalf of ‘Songs to Love and Die By’, please welcome ‘Alex Simms’

– Amy Meyer
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 24 April 2013 03:05:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

23, APRIL/2013

CALLING CAPTAIN - BUILDING THRILLS [BUY THE ALBUM NOW!]

"Calling Captain have released their debut album!
Yup, it's here for you all to feast upon. So get yourself to a local record store or iTunes to immerse yourself in the pop-punk greatness that is their debut album 'Building Thrills'. Or alternately you can stream the album in it's entirety right HERE
- Amy Meyer ~ xoxo

ALEX SIMMS - GOLDEN HEARTS SHINE FOREVER [BUY THE SINGLE NOW!]

"In other label news, Alex Simms has released his debut single!
The most recent addition to 'Songs to Love and Die By' has already been hitting the studio hard, working on songs for his debut album, he's already wrapped up the recording of his debut single and you can find the song 'Golden Hearts Shine Forever' on iTunes or you can stream it right HERE
- Amy Meyer ~ xoxo

Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 19 June 2013 19:00:07(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY – WELCOME; MANNEQUIN RELIGION

UserPostedImage

“Songs to Love and Die By are delighted to welcome a highly exciting new addition to our roster.

Today, I’m delighted to confirm that ‘Mannequin Religion’ formerly known to many as ‘Suburban Sunrise’ have signed a two-album contract with the label as they look to establish themselves once more in the music industry, with a new band and brand new possibilities on the horizon in the constantly changing alternative scene I’m sure that it won’t be long before ‘Mannequin Religion’ are one of the big names in the industry.
With that ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ give a huge welcome to ‘Mannequin Religion’ and we certainly hope to be enjoying listening to their music for many more years to come!"

– Amy Meyer
BrownSugar on 20/06/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 20/06/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Squeege  
#10 Posted : 20 June 2013 05:45:14(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Johnny: Really thinking about joining your outfit and finding a label to call home.
UserPostedImage]

Owner of: Nobody's Darlings

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 22 June 2013 01:05:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

21, JUNE/2013

CALLING CAPTAIN AND MANNEQUIN RELIGION - ON TOUR!

"It has been confirmed that 'Calling Captain' will be one of the headlining acts on the Carnival Of Sounds 2013 tour. They will be playing as part of the 'Hot and Harmonious Summer' and they will also be supported by the latest act to sign with 'Songs to Love and Die By' the wonderful Matt and Nicole of 'Mannequin Religion'. So make sure that 'Calling Captain' and 'Mannequin Religion' are etched into your summer memories by purchasing your tickets right now!
The official tour dates are here;

- Amy Meyer ~ xoxo

ALEX SIMMS - 'ENIGMA' [DEBUT ALBUM OUT NOW!]

UserPostedImage

"Yes, the time has finally arrived for the debut album of 'Alex Simms'
It's been a pretty quick period of time since Alex signed with the label and with two hit singles under his belt, he has got his debut album released. It's a collection of some wonderful music and lyrics and I'm sure that you will love the record just as much as I do. It's available to purchase in a number of different ways, but preferably head out to a local record store and add it to you collection today!

- Amy Meyer ~ xoxo

MADDIE URIE - 'YOUNG BLOOD' [DEBUT ALBUM OUT SOON!]

UserPostedImage

[center]"Two records in the space of one week, we really do spoil you here at 'Songs to Love and Die By'! Yes, Maddie Urie is also in the process of releasing her debut album titled "Young Blood". It's another sure-fire addition to your record collection and it's out on Sunday. So once again, make your record collection the envy of all of your friends with the addition of this beautiful and gifted musicians debut album today!

- Amy Meyer ~ xoxo

Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 11 July 2013 08:43:41(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

10, JULY/2013

MANNEQUIN RELIGION RELEASE DEBUT SINGLE - ONE.

"Mannequin Religion have today announced the release of their debut single, 'one.' The brand new track will be available to purchase on July 17! It's truly great to see these two hugely talented musicians back with new music and we're delighted that 'Songs to Love and Die By' are able to be the platform for such a promising and exiting band.

So take the time to check out the debut track on their official website here"
- Amy Meyer
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
MATTT on 11/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 11 July 2013 08:45:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY – WELCOME; WE SING FOR EVERYTHING

UserPostedImage
[from left to right – Samantha Leigh Kennedy, Leo Moya, Kellin Dean Bradshaw, Jamie Dawson, Tyler Moya]

““I’m extremely delighted to announce the latest new addition to the ever growing ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ roster of upcoming stars, in the form of the California based pop-rock band ‘We Sing For Everything’!

The fifth addition to the roster have been watched almost obsessively by myself and everybody working at the label in the past few months and have impressed continually at live performances and private shows in recent weeks and having today finalised an agreement for the band to join this record label on a two album deal, we’re certainly hoping for a long and enjoyable working relationship together with this group of fun and hardworking musicians that I’ve had the pleasure of knowing for the past couple of years.
Welcome ‘We Sing For Everything’ to our ever expanding family!”

– Amy Meyer
RoseJapanFan on 11/07/2013(UTC), Walton on 30/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 30 July 2013 06:35:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY – WELCOME; EDWARD BÁRAT

UserPostedImage

“Songs to Love and Die By are extremely proud to announce the signing of Edward Bárat!

After a couple of previous attempts to make his mark on the music industry, this extremely talented vocalist, known affectionately by fans simply as ‘The Showman’ has today signed a two-album contract with ‘Songs to Love and Die By’. We feel that this is the perfect time for Edward to really make his mark on the music industry and we certainly hope that ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ can be the platform in which such a huge talent can shine brightest.

So please welcome a definite shining star in the form of Edward Bárat to the label!”

- Amy Meyer
thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 30/07/2013(UTC), Moquel on 30/07/2013(UTC), Walton on 30/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#15 Posted : 30 July 2013 06:48:45(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: YESSSSSSSSS! My fucking king, you fucking did it. Congratz on everything, can't wait for the music doll. You look nastyyyy!! meaning 'you look that amazing' makes sense? anyway, you looked good last night. oooo, gay + talented, my kind of fishboy.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 30/07/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#16 Posted : 09 August 2013 19:36:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

9, AUGUST/2013

MANNEQUIN RELIGION - 'DARK DREAMS' [DEBUT ALBUM OUT SOON!]

UserPostedImage

[center]"Great news for music fans, even better knews for fans of Matt Urie and Nicole Woods, as 'Mannequin Religion' have announced information about their debut album, the album will be titled 'Dark Dreams' and it will be released through 'Songs to Love and Die By' on September 7, 2013. Fans have been patiently waiting for an announcement since Matt and Nicole announced their return to the music industry and now everybody can add a brand new date to their calenders and diary's.
If you want to check out more information about the album, check out the official website HERE!

- Amy Meyer ~ xoxo

snap_itshannah on 09/08/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 27 August 2013 03:46:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY – WELCOME; MY GIRL FRIDAY

UserPostedImage

“Songs to Love and Die By are proud to announce the first of two new signings, the first being a pop-punk group from Brooklyn, New York called ‘My Girl Friday’!

I’ve seen this band countless times performing in New York City already this year and they bring an incredible energy to their live shows which can rival the most iconic live bands in music history. They also possess a songwriting ability that makes you instantly want to sing along. We hope to have them recording and releasing their music in the coming months with 2014 hopefully set to be a huge breakthrough year for ‘My Girl Friday’
Welcome to ‘Songs to Love and Die By’!”

- Amy Meyer

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY – WELCOME; MIAMI

UserPostedImage

“We are delighted to also announce the second of our two new signings, this time in the form of Rap/Electro-Pop artist ‘Miami’, hailing from, yes you guessed it … Miami, Florida!

We feel like we have quickly become established as a label that produces incredible young rock acts but we would like to widen our circle and we feel that this second signing will see the label become more than just an indie rock label, ‘Miami’ will add to the youthful enthusiasm that flows through all of the acts currently signed to the label and hopefully signals another jigsaw in the shape of the future of the music industry.
Welcome to ‘Songs to Love and Die By’!”

- Amy Meyer

EDWARD BÁRAT – BECAUSE WE’RE YOUNG [SINGLE]

UserPostedImage

“Once again, we have news! This time in the form of an upcoming new single from one of our recent signings ‘Edward Bárat’, the track titled ‘Because We’re Young’ will be available in the coming weeks and you’ll find it here at ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ as well as Edward’s own official website, so be sure to keep your eyes open for that future release!”

- Amy Meyer
Famouss7x7 on 27/08/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#18 Posted : 09 September 2013 23:00:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SONGS TO LOVE AND DIE BY - WELCOME; ZAYNE

UserPostedImage

"Songs to Love and Die By are delighted to announce the signing of alternative singer/songwriter 'Zayne' to the label.

The talented musician has recently announced his debut album 365 Days of Solitude which can be viewed here. The album will be released on September 15, 2013 through this label as Zayne embarks on a two album contract with us here at Songs to Love and Die By!
So please give a warm welcome to our latest addition to our ever-expanding roster of talent!"

- Amy Meyer
kandii on 10/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 11 September 2013 01:20:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

MANNEQUIN RELIGION - DARK DREAMS [ALBUM]

UserPostedImage

"Mannequin Religion have released their debut album 'Dark Dreams'

The ten song collection is a perfect re-introduction to Matt Urie and Nicole Woods, it's a truly wonderful and refreshing collection of music from a hugely talented rock band, what's not to love, right? So go get your copy of Dark Dreams now, you can purchase it right HERE
"

ALEX SIMMS - GOING DOWN TOGETHER [SINGLE]

UserPostedImage

"Alex Simms has released the third single from his debut album

The brand new track titled, 'Going Down Together' follows on the heels of two previously successful singles, as Alex starts to make his mark in the music industry! The single is available right now from all good record stores and you can check out the song right HERE

MIAMI - BLAZIN' MY OWN TRAIL [SINGLE]

UserPostedImage

"Miami has announced the release of her debut single

She's only been signed for a short amount of time, but she's already been hard at work in the studio, creating her debut single 'Blazin' My Own Trail', the track will be available to purchase from this coming Sunday, but if you can't wait, you can view the single right HERE
stephaniewazhere on 11/09/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#20 Posted : 11 September 2013 01:23:15(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: A bit random to post, but I really like the artwork to all three of these singles!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 11/09/2013(UTC)