logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 15 March 2014 04:46:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Birth Name: Amy Elizabeth Meyer
Born: 18th July 1993 (Age 27)
Origin: Berkeley, California, USA
Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Genres: Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop-Punk, Pop-Rock
Occupations: Singer-Songwriter, Musician, Multi-Instrumentalist, Writer, Composer, Performer
Instruments: Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Drums
Years Active: 2010 - present
Labels: Studio60 Records / Half-Moon Productions
Associated Acts: Riot! In The Boulevard

Amy Elizabeth Meyer (born 18, July 1993) is an American rock singer-songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist of US rock band ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. Born in Berkeley, California but raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, she shot to fame in early 2011 as lead singer of teen rock band ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ and established herself and her band as one of the most dominant figures in the music industry for the past four years. During the breakthrough of ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’, she was heavily praised for her vocals and her songwriting abilities. As lead singer of ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’, she has had six number #1 singles as well as five number #1 albums with the popular rock group, with the band also selling over 25 million albums worldwide since their 2011 breakthrough. Away from the band, Amy Meyer has featured on tracks with other artists including ‘James Urie’, ‘Lily Abbott’ and ‘Dead Roses’. As well as other ventures which most notably include the launch of her own record label ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ which has developed rapidly since it’s creation.

Early Life

Amy Meyer was born in Berkeley, California in 1993. She is the youngest of 4 children. Her parents re-located to Las Vegas, Nevada when she was 6 years old. Her father was a classically trained pianist and taught Amy to play the piano from an early age which evidently influenced her future love of music. Her music influences changed as she grew and as a 14 year old she was already being influenced by the rock genre, her parents bought her a guitar at 14 years old and she began learning to play the guitar, at this age she had already became close friends with her future band members, Jason Greenberg, Justin Mullen, Nathan Mullen and Adam Benjamin.
Obsessed with entertaining from an early age, Amy regularly took part in school plays and other outside activities and even went on to create an after-school music club while in 9th grade. She took in various Vegas shows during her young life and this enhanced her fascination with the stage, at age 13 she began taking up various music lessons, starting out with Piano classes and eventually moving on to guitar, drums and vocal classes. Spending any money she managed to scrape together on records. She was clearly destined to be involved in the music industry and the decision to form a high school band with a couple of her best friends proved to be the best decision a young Amy Meyer could make.

She struggled to fit in during high school but this enhanced the bond between herself and her future band mates as they spent the majority of their school hours in each other’s company, this also helped draw out Amy’s inner strength and her drive and determination to become a success in the music industry has been contributed to the challenges that she faced during her tricky school years. It was in 2008 when she formed Riot! In The Boulevard with Jason Greenberg and quickly managed to persuade friends Justin and Nathan to join the band. Adam Benjamin jammed with the group often, but didn’t commit to the band fully until just before the release of their debut album.
Amy happily finished high school in May 2010 and spent the following 7 months practicing obsessively with the band, writing songs and performing in various public places within Las Vegas which helped develop the band from sounding ‘awful’ and ‘unorganized’ according to Amy into a band ‘worth seeing’.

Music Career

An accomplished musician on both the piano and guitar, its songwriting where Amy Meyer has been more heavily praised for her ability which stretches beyond her 20 years. In 2008 she decided to form a band in high school with her best friends, Jason Greenberg, Justin Mullen and Nathan Mullen, that band became Riot! In The Boulevard. Initially they just practiced but after a couple of months, they began performing at high school events and other public situations for the next few years that is where they began to improve and learn their craft. In 2010 however things changed for the band, they left high school and decided to begin focussing on a music career as a band and interest from several major labels start coming in, with the primary interest in Amy Meyer rather than the band as a whole, however they decided against signing for a major label and held off from the interest for about 5 months until 2011.
In early 2011 the band received interest from a relatively new indie label called, Nomad Records! And having met with the label the band decided to sign with them, believing that they were the best option for Riot! In The Boulevard to learn and improve under no major pressure and they were quickly sent on the road in support of Fathers Of Fury as they supported the band on their UK tour which generated huge buzz for the supporting band and quickly made Riot! One of the most highly anticipated bands of modern times.

They released their debut single, Sweet Little Fantasy’s from their debut E.P ‘Sin City Serenade’ and the single rocketed to number #2 on the Top20 Airplay Charts which signalled that Riot! had arrived as the word of mouth success of 2011, interest became larger and larger as the band continued to tour in support of Fathers Of Fury and continued to rise with several festival performances which led to the band being showered with praise for their energy and power as a live band. In May 2011 the band released their second single from their debut E.P and although it was not expected to do as well as their debut single, the song shot to number #1 and resonated with teenagers worldwide who lapped up Meyer’s lyrics of teenage love and heartbreak, the band had quickly found their niche and it was clear that they were a force to be reckoned with, a major success, the second single became the band’s summer anthem and was regularly performed during festival season, the sight of 20,000 teenage fans screaming the lyrics back to Meyer at The Field Trip Festival 2011 will be an image that will long be remembered as one of the iconic moments in modern rock music, the band had truly arrived.

As they finished touring with Fathers Of Fury, the band set about recording their debut album and to say that the pressure was high would be a major understatement, they enlisted the experience of Ryan Ross Hernandez and Damion Holmes as producers for their highly anticipated debut, they released the album in July 2011 and it lived up to the expectations, shooting straight to number #1 all over the world and becoming the third best-selling album of the year. Somehow this group of teenage misfits had managed to take the music world by storm. But it didn’t stop there.

The band’s star continued to rise throughout the following years as they continued to build upon the early success. Since the release of their debut album, the band have gone on to release a total of four studio albums, all of which peaking at number #1 as well as a live album which also peaked at number #1. The band have released a large collection of singles over the years too, with six of them becoming number #1 hits. But as of the beginning of 2014 the consensus appears to indicate that the band could be set to take a brief hiatus after their current 2014 World Tour. With Adam Benjamin releasing a solo album towards the end of 2013, two original members leaving in the form of Justin and Nathan Mullen and Amy’s record label taking off rapidly over the previous few months, it all points towards new ventures for the band and an opportunity to establish themselves as individual musicians in the process.

Musical Style & Influence

Amy Meyer is generally considered a rock singer, her energy, power and presence are often praised and have been since the band’s breakthrough into the mainstream in 2011. Heavily influenced by a varying range of genre’s ranging from Pop to Classical, she was initially brought into music by learning to play piano from her father and she is a classically trained pianist, and established with guitar and drums. Her vocals have often been praised too, often for her passion and energy that she puts into her vocal performances, which generally stretch from an energetic anthemic rock vocal to a soft pop range. In terms of personal influence, Meyer lists older music acts like, U2, The Clash, The Cure, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Aerosmith as major influences and cites, Foo Fighters, No Doubt, PANIC! And Dead Roses as modern influences.

Solo Discography

Studio Albums
Seven Dreams Til' Sunday (April 12, 2015) [#8]
bandages and gauze (November 13, 2020) [#1]

Singles
Freefalling (April 19, 2014) [#10]
Stars (September 6, 2014) [#1]
Wonderstruck (November 30, 2014) [#9]
I Was Better Before the Break-Up (February 14, 2015) [#1]
Seven Dreams Til' Sunday (March 7, 2015) [#4]
bandages and gauze (November 11, 2020) [#2]

E.P’s
N/A

Albums Produced

Riot! In The Boulevard - Self-Titled (July 24, 2011) [#1]
Riot! In The Boulevard - Cradle To The Grave (February 5, 2012) [#1]
Riot! In The Boulevard - Crossroads (November 18, 2012) [#1]
Calling Captain – Building Thrills (April 22, 2013) [#2]
Alex Simms – Enigma (June 16, 2013) [#2]
Maddie Urie – Young Blood (June 23, 2013) [#1]
Riot! In The Boulevard - Wild Young Things (September 22, 2013) [#1]
My Girl Friday - Wasted Youth (July 12, 2014) [#1]
Amy Meyer - Seven Dreams Til' Sunday (April 12, 2015) [#11]
Amy Meyer - bandages and gauze (November 13, 2020) [#3]

TOURS
Bandages and Gauze World Tour 2021

Edited by user 30 August 2021 04:04:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 15/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/03/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/03/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 16/03/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/04/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 14/02/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 14/06/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 19 April 2014 16:58:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: “Freefalling”
Artist: Amy Meyer
Release Date: April 19, 2014
Length: 4:37
Format: CD Single, 7” Single, Coloured Vinyl
Recorded: March 2014 – Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
Genre: Pop-Rock, Piano Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Songs to Love and Die By
Writer(s): Amy Meyer
Producer(s): Amy Meyer

“Freefalling”

“I could look across this city
At all of the faces that I, once knew
I can picture the playing fields
Where as children, we’d play and then we grew
But I guess that I’ve grown older
I know I can feel it, in my skin and bones
They say that you’ve grown colder
Not the friend that we’ve always known

Well I guess that time changes everything
Life’s never as rosy as it may seem
I just thought that we’d still have each other to lean upon
As we worked towards our dream
Instead your words that used to keep me alive
Are cutting deep into the scars that you helped to heal
And I’ve been crying brand new tears now
I just wish I could find a way to explain how I feel
But words don’t come easy no more
Out of reach
Like dreams you’ve let go

I feel I’m fallin’ to the ground
And nothing can break my fall tonight
I’m tumbling to the earth
At the roll of a dice
And I’m afraid that I can’t grasp on
That the end is coming near
I’ve never been too afraid to die
But now I’m living in fear

I’m freefalling from the sky
Crashing to the ground
I’m freefalling from the highest heights
To an unfamiliar sound
I’m crying out for you my friend
But you won’t reach out a helping hand
I’m calling out for a saviour tonight
This isn’t how we planned

If anybody ever truly knew me
You’d have been the one
They say I was naïve to believe
And I’m left with shadows now that you’ve gone
And I’m trying to keep my spirit
To fight like we said we’d always do
I’m trying to believe that I was always strong
But the evidence suggests it was all because of you

You’ve cut deep into the scars that you helped to heal
And I’ve been crying brand new tears now
I just wish I could find a way to explain how I feel
But the words don’t come so easily these days
So I’ll let these songs speak the words that my heart just can’t

Crashing to the ground
To an unfamiliar sound
This isn’t how we planned

I feel I’m fallin’ to the ground
And nothing can break my fall tonight
I’m tumbling to the earth
At the roll of a dice
And I’m afraid that I can’t grasp on
That the end is coming near
I’ve never been too afraid to die
But now I’m living in fear

Crashing to the ground
To an unfamiliar sound
This isn’t how we planned”
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 20/04/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 20/04/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/04/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/04/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/04/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#3 Posted : 20 April 2014 02:10:42(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Absolutely loving the new website love! Oh and I'm just so thrilled about your debut single. You've got such an amazing voice that you could sing the ingredients off the back of a candy bar and I'd still love it lol.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/04/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2014 14:07:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: Although I prefer you with Riot!, I could get used to hearing some solo work from you because this sounds fantastic! :) Oh, the little red head with so much spunk is more than just a pretty face ;) Hehe.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/04/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 21 April 2014 02:21:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Absolutely loving the new website love! Oh and I'm just so thrilled about your debut single. You've got such an amazing voice that you could sing the ingredients off the back of a candy bar and I'd still love it lol.

Amy: Awww, thanks Kourtney! It feels pretty weird to be releasing a debut anything right now haha but ya know, it's a free single for Record Store day, so the pressure is off a little, I didn't want it to be this big huge deal. Haha well if I ever releasing a single called 'Ingredients of a Candy Bar' then you get full credit my friend! :)

Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 21 April 2014 02:23:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: Although I prefer you with Riot!, I could get used to hearing some solo work from you because this sounds fantastic! :) Oh, the little red head with so much spunk is more than just a pretty face ;) Hehe.

Amy: Thanks Jen! Hell, I prefer me with Riot! too haha yeah, why not try something a little new, it's always good to try something that scares you a little. Super stoked that you enjoy the song! Oh, I know, right? So much more than just a pretty face! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 25 August 2014 01:38:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

It’s quite possibly been the most challenging year in your career so far, would that be fair to say?

Amy: “Uhm, yeah sure. I guess that’s a fair observation I suppose, I’ve not really looked on it as being any more difficult than previous years, but I could kinda see why it would be seen that way. I think certainly for Riot! It’s been a challenging year, there were a couple of times when I felt like we couldn’t grasp onto things. I’ve always felt like we’ve been in control of things with the band and I guess this year is the first where I felt like we three had lost control over the band. It’s just one of those things I guess though, you deal with it and move on.”

Do you think Justin and Nathan leaving was the reason for the band losing it’s impact?

Amy: “I don’t know if I’d say we lost our impact. Obviously that was unexpected and dissapointing for us at the time, I don’t think I’d attribute their departures as being the reason the band have taken this break. I think the three of us felt like we had done pretty much everything that we could with the band at this time and needed time away from it to try different things that challenge us all in different ways. That was the main reason for the break, I don’t think they (Justin and Nathan) have any thing to do with the situation. I mean, I still firmly believe that our last record (Wild, Young, Things) is without doubt the best that we’ve created, whether the numbers and reviews say so or not, I think it was our best work.”

Is there anything you regret from this past year?

Amy: “I try to focus on regret or negativity in that way. I do however, believe that we could have made a bigger deal about the record than we did. I think at the time we had grown tired of the promotional fanfare that you sometimes do when putting out a new record and we kinda said for this new record, let’s just put it out there and tour it and hopefully that way it’ll find it’s voice and place on it’s own and that’s why there was so little promotion during the past year. We had done it all before, and this time we just wanted to play the songs live and not have to attempt to justify them in interviews and articles. I feel like you can oversell things a little too much and as a band I’d say we were guilty of that in the early part of our careers, certainly with our debut record. But I don’t particularly regret anything, no.”

Do you hold resentment over Justin and Nathan for walking out? Are you still in touch with them?

Amy: “I don’t hold resentment over them walking away, no. They have their reasons I’m sure, but I can’t say I fully understand why. I haven’t spoken to them, I think it was made pretty clear that there’d be no chance of a happy ever after once Justin made his feelings clear in that video. It sucks that things went that way, but hey-ho, that’s just how things turn our sometimes, you just gotta take the hit and try to push past it.”

So an original line-up returning someday is not on the cards?

Amy: “I think it’d be too difficult for that! I don’t see that ever happening.”

You wrapped up your world tour in England, the country embraced you before the states did, was that a subconscious decision?

Amy: “Of course not! We have strong links with the UK, we made it in the UK before our home country. Jason’s wife is from there and we have lot of love for the culture over there. But the plan was to see the tour through to November and end things back home, we decided against extending the tour though because we didn’t want to continue to repeat ourselves. There’s only so much deja vu that you can take.”

What about the future for you now then?

Amy: “There’s a lot that I want to do. I think I’ve always been wildly ambitious and that doesn’t just stop with the band. I’ve got plans for the label and ways that I’d like to see that continue to grow, the aim there is to bring the next generation of artists and bands through that can change peoples lives and hopefully we’re already on the way to doing that. I’ve got a production company called Half-Moon Studios with a bunch of different things attached to it that I’m highly passionate about and I’ll hopefully find the time to continue with that development. I really don’t want to limit myself but also I don’t want to be thirty years old and have all of these things and just think, have I spent too much time just working. I’d like to enjoy being young and relatively free too, so it’s an exciting and challenging time for me.”

What about solo music, you recently signed with Kaleidoscope Records. Can we see a solo album on the horizon?

Amy: “It just depends how far into the horizon that you’re looking. If you’re expecting a solo album soon then you’ll be a little disappointed. I can say that I’ve been writing some stuff for that and I’m planning on starting to record some demo’s of songs to see where I can take them. I’ve already released one song via my website as a free download and hopefully as a way of showing the differences between a Riot! song and an Amy Meyer song, that’s the real challenge, to figure out my voice on my own as apposed to as part of Riot!. I do have my next single planned, once I finish up recording that then I’ll hopefully have it out by the end of September and signing to the label just helps me ease into this sort of unchartered territory as a solo musician. It’s exciting.”
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 25/08/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 26/07/4752 09:32:19(UTC) criticsrule  
#8 Posted : 25 August 2014 01:40:03(UTC)
criticsrule

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Black Candy: Cute!
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 14 February 2015 05:29:41(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

The brand new single, debuting tomorrow!
thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/02/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 14/02/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 14/02/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/02/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 29 October 2018 00:29:05(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

“Good morning boys and girls

It's difficult to know what to say or even know how to say it. I suppose a lot of things have been building up over the years, the breakdown of relationships both romantic and friendly and the pressure to go through these things in the public eye. I'm not one to cry for help and I'm not one to complain because I know the position that I'm in and I feel very blessed to get to do what I do for a living. However, that doesn't take away from the difficulties that can come with this life that I've chosen. It's tough to be dealing with a loss and then having to sing such personal and emotionally affecting songs in front of you guys. That takes a lot of pushing from people backstage in order to make sure that I'm where I need to be and doing what I need to be doing. Anybody that has toured with Riot! In the past few years will know just the amount of times a show almost didn't happen because of something going on inside of me. Not once did we cancel a show or even go on later than billed.

But this summer it was time to face these things head on. I just want to say firstly, I have been a known sufferer of depression and anxiety and I have been on some form of medication for this since I was a kid. Things occasionally get a little bit crazy and uncontrollable, again the combination of personal life issues and work related worries and stresses are the main cause of this. But this summer, it became clear to me that I've internally been carrying a weight that I was unaware of from the outside. Questions I've been asking myself for years like, “Why am I so difficult to love?” and “Why do I push away from people I form close connections with?”, Am I living in fear of people leaving me? And if so, Why the hell am I placing so much emphasis on the actions of others?.

This summer, I had a breakdown. I had a meltdown like I have never had before. I kicked and I screamed and I launched things around the room and I threw myself to the floor and banged my head against a wall. It had been a build up and I was taken away to rest and recuperate and try to figure out the cause of this. I was checked into a rehab facility in July and for 90 days I was watched and taken care of and educated. It quickly became clear that there was something more to this. There was something that I wasn't confronting, something I was a little too afraid of confronting. But this next step forward in my life relies on me acknowledging this part of my life.

It's been tough for me to say this out loud and it really shouldn't be. My closest friends and family have been told and I feel it's important for me to do this now, not only for myself and my future sanity but also for all of our fans that are so open with their emotions. I can now find the bravery to step forward into a new and scary world with the belief that I will finally find happiness because of my own long-overdue acknowledgement of this statement. I AM GAY!

I've spent all of my adult life trying to force something that wasn't there. I stopped dating for the past four years because it just never seems to work out, so why bother with the hassle. It's clear to me now why it never seemed to work out. My last relationship was with somebody that I really loved but I just couldn't understand why it just wasn't working. Everything was forced, I told myself it was the lifestyle that was making things too difficult but in truth it was a lack of romantic feeling. After that, I accepted that if I couldn't make it work with him then there was really no point in trying. He was everything I thought I wanted and yet I didn't want him.
These past four years have been filled with loneliness that I've brushed over with tour dates and studio sessions, burying myself in work because I was too afraid to face my truth.

We're currently four songs away from finishing our new album and final one for a while, I think our label are going to release a couple of new songs soon too. It's the saddest record we've ever made and it covers the past two years which have been the shittiest and loneliest of my life. Rehab hasn't fixed that, it helped me to find a cause of my unhappiness and it's given me a reason to believe that there can be good times ahead. But I've got to play the biggest part in making that a reality. So please, when you listen to the music, understand that it may be coming from a bad place but it's a place that I needed to go to in order to get to a better one. I hope that you still love me because I still love all of you and I'm sorry for spending like seven years preaching about being yourself when it turns out I was afraid to listen to myself all along.

I'm sorry, love you all”

- Amy xoxox
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 29/10/2018(UTC), erich hess on 29/10/2018(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/10/2018(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/10/2018(UTC), FiveT on 11/11/2018(UTC)